Author Topic: Hillary to Replace Biden as VP?  (Read 766 times)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
Hillary to Replace Biden as VP?
« on: August 10, 2010, 12:55:05 PM »
Is anyone comfortable with "President Biden"? 

Hillary to Replace Biden as VP?
Tuesday, 10 Aug 2010   
By: John Rossomando

Rumors are rife that Vice President Joe Biden could be the Democrats’ sacrificial lamb for Obama’s sinking poll numbers and that Hillary Clinton could be his replacement.

Former Virginia Gov. Doug Wilder added to speculation about Biden’s future last week when he wrote in Politico that the vice president’s gaffe-prone tenure had been marked with “too many YouTube moments.”

Wilder's suggestion echoed a scenario that Newsweek Senior Editor Jonathan Alter outlined in May during an exclusive interview with Newsmax.TV. Asked whether Clinton might challenge Obama in 2012, Alter responded: “I think it would be more likely that she and Biden would trade places — maybe she becomes vice president if Obama is re-elected, to tee her up for 2016."

Meanwhile, in the Politico article, Wilder wrote that Biden “has continued to undermine what little confidence the public may have had in him,” referring to a Florida campaign stop where he “embarrassed” the presumptive Democratic gubernatorial candidate, Alex Sink.

“Has Biden ended these 18 months with the stature of a man ready and able to be president should the moment call for it? The answer, sadly, is ‘no,’” Wilder wrote, echoing criticisms of former Vice President Dan Quayle during his tenure.

The former Virginia governor contrasted Clinton’s performance as secretary of state with Biden’s, saying she is “the political and government partner that Obama needs.”

Wilder’s comments won near universal approval from pundits who view the vice president as damaged goods, according to The Wall Street Journal.

MSNBC’s Chris Matthews assembled a panel to discuss Wilder’s comments, the Journal reported.

Howard Fineman of Newsweek, a longtime Clinton watcher and a participant in the panel, said she would accept the No. 2 slot on the 2012 ticket “in a second.”

New York magazine reporter John Heilemann noted the need to get “Biden to slide aside happily” and suggested offering him Clinton’s job as secretary of state.

“The Republican attack on Obama is going to revolve around ‘too liberal,’ but also ‘too incompetent.’ … They are going to say , ‘Look, you hired this guy. He was too young for this job. He didn’t know what he was doing. He didn’t have the experience,’ and look what happened,” Heilemann said, suggesting a rationale for dumping Biden.

http://www.newsmax.com/InsideCover/Hillary--Replace--Biden--VP/2010/08/10/id/367106

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Re: Hillary to Replace Biden as VP?
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2010, 01:03:40 PM »
it would give obama a bump, no doubt about it.

BM OUT

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2010, 01:06:51 PM »
Nope she will run against him.NO ONE votes for or against a vice president.No one cares unless you have a candidate that cant get his base out like Dole or McCain.Obama has his base,he has lost independants,whites and everyone other then ignorant leftists.

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2010, 02:10:44 PM »
Nope she will run against him.NO ONE votes for or against a vice president.No one cares unless you have a candidate that cant get his base out like Dole or McCain.Obama has his base,he has lost independants,whites and everyone other then ignorant leftists.

smh

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2010, 02:25:21 PM »
it would give obama a bump, no doubt about it.

Yeah, changing deck chairs on the titanic, sounds like a plan. 

The problem is Obama himself, not Biden. 

BM OUT

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2010, 02:27:35 PM »
smh

Look at the pols.He has lost whites in droves,he has lost independants,the only ones left are his base.You cant win with blacks and union voters only and thats all he has left.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2010, 02:35:16 PM »

hilary has some amazing numbers with independent.  a lot of people might hold their noses and vote obama if it means they can vote clinton.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2010, 02:50:12 PM »
hilary has some amazing numbers with independent.  a lot of people might hold their noses and vote obama if it means they can vote clinton.

240 - it will be a step down for Hillary as to where she is now. 

obama is a complete train wreck.  Even most members in his own party won't go near him. 

Again - its obama himself, not Biden, who is the problem.  Biden, while a clown, it at least likable.  Obama is not likable, is a child, and has shown himself to have the most whacked out priorities one could ever imagine. 

Funding a world conquest tour of the Ground Zero mosque Imam?  WWWTTFFF?????

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: August 10, 2010, 03:02:38 PM »
240 - it will be a step down for Hillary as to where she is now. 

maybe... unless she has 2016 aspirations to run.

The CT in me still sees Obama sstepping down for personal reasons, and hilary kicking the shit out of Palin in 2012.  I think it's what voters want.  Dems regret not picking hilary in 08.  And repubs?  The majority of them dislike palin, but she will get a quarter of the repub vote (and the other 6 people will split the vote) and she'll get the nod.

And everyone here knows hilary will mop the floor with palin, it wont even be close.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: August 10, 2010, 03:11:39 PM »
240 you certainly are optimistic bro....at least when it comes to liberals  :D ;)

LOL anyways IF the situation is so bad in 12 that obama is contemplating a VP switch its not going to matter who is choosen to replace biden they arent going to win...

Hillary certainly isnt going to hitch her wagon to a sinking ship which is what obama would be if that is the case.

wont happen its more likely that she will run against him than run as his VP...

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: August 10, 2010, 03:13:11 PM »
maybe... unless she has 2016 aspirations to run.

The CT in me still sees Obama sstepping down for personal reasons, and hilary kicking the shit out of Palin in 2012.  I think it's what voters want.  Dems regret not picking hilary in 08.  And repubs?  The majority of them dislike palin, but she will get a quarter of the repub vote (and the other 6 people will split the vote) and she'll get the nod.

And everyone here knows hilary will mop the floor with palin, it wont even be close.

I agree - if - if - the GOP takes over the congress and senate.  If that happens in a large way in Nov. I see Obama stepping down or just hanging it up for two years and letting Hillary run in 2012. 

Skip8282

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: August 10, 2010, 03:30:24 PM »
I agree - if - if - the GOP takes over the congress and senate.  If that happens in a large way in Nov. I see Obama stepping down or just hanging it up for two years and letting Hillary run in 2012. 

Not going to happen.  They have to win 10 of 11 seats up for grabs in the Senate and ~ 40 in the House.  I think they pulled it off in '94?, but they had a clear message with a strong agenda.  ABO just ain't gonna cut it.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: August 10, 2010, 05:32:04 PM »

Not going to happen.  They have to win 10 of 11 seats up for grabs in the Senate and ~ 40 in the House.  I think they pulled it off in '94?, but they had a clear message with a strong agenda.  ABO just ain't gonna cut it.

Repubs CANT win the senate this time, and House was likely 2 months ago... I dunno now.  Tea party candidates lost 2 races this past week I think, correct?  That extremeism has been settled down a bit.  Maybe it's msnbc labeling them nutjobs, maybe it's just their own momentum dying down - let's face it, time cures wounds (or makes them less painful).  People aren't screaming about obamacare at the watercooler as loudly as they were 4 months ago.

IF IF IF Obama steps down and hilary runs - it's the republicans worst nightmare.  It's like if Rudy had stepped in as president in 2006... Obama woudln't have had a snowflakes chance against Rudy at that point in 2008.  Repubs NEED obama on that 2012 ticket if they want to win seats. 

Rush and friends encouraging repubs to vote hilary in 2008, then giving her nonstop props now, sure might backfire when she's up against an overconfident Palin in 2012.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: August 11, 2010, 05:47:29 AM »
2012 is now or never for her.  By 2016 - she will be what 70 something?  she will have aged horribly unless she goes to Pelosi's doctor and many things can occur in that time frame. 

She can say in 2012 - "look, I understabnd you gave obama a chance considering the awful Bush years and you bought into the hope and change bs, but now is the time for the adults to take over again" 

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: August 11, 2010, 06:19:07 AM »
At this rate - I don't see obama running again.

________________________ _______________________

RASMUSSEN TODAY... DEVELOPING...
Drudge Report ^ | 08/11/2010 | Matt Drudge

Posted on Wednesday, August 11, 2010 9:22:45 AM by Dubya-M-Dees

RASMUSSEN TODAY... DEVELOPING... Obama Approval Index: -22 (Matches all-time low for this president) Strongly Approve 24% Strongly Disapprove 46% (Matches highest for this president) Total Approval 43%

[Note: Media coverage of Obama has improved significantly over past week as his approval ratings have slipped... While 43% of voters approve, 55% of media coverage has been positive.]

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: August 11, 2010, 07:03:39 AM »
33, who would you vote for in these matchups?

Palin vs. hilary

Hilary vs. Thune

???

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: August 11, 2010, 07:07:04 AM »
33, who would you vote for in these matchups?

Palin vs. hilary

Hilary vs. Thune

???

Palin & Thune 

I don't believe in Dynastys. 

No more clintons, bushes, doles, mccains, etc. 

Right now - I think Thune should be the guy.  Even on FR, I see a bit of a change as people realize Thune is the perfect GOP candidate - and can unite all the factions, social cons, fiscal cons, 2nd amend cons, etc. 

He is not gaffe prone, is good looking and not polarizing like Palin is. 

Emmortal

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: August 11, 2010, 09:06:42 PM »

Wrong once again.

The problem is the entire government.  Who's sitting in the big seat has NOTHING to do with what goes on in this country.  That's the single biggest annoyance I have with you and many others on this board.  You guys think that there's an actual difference between either side when it comes to policy.  There isn't.