Author Topic: Another "i want to be an MMA champ" ready to ....  (Read 3840 times)

Nails

• Getbig V
  • https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jsi5VTzJpPw
Another "i want to be an MMA champ" ready to ....
« on: August 10, 2010, 03:28:25 PM »
go from superstar to a mediocre wanna be deadly killer assassin ::)

;D

::)

benchmstr

• Getbig V
  • Raging drunk
Re: Another "i want to be an MMA champ" ready to ....
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2010, 03:31:20 PM »
is he with jake shields in that bottom pic?

bench

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2010, 03:53:28 PM »
Going this weekend to meet with Mark Munoz with possibility of working with him for his next fight. Like all of these other idiot "diet experts" in the MMA world, he's sick of dropping 25lbs in a week, week and a half. One so called "expert" was sending out emails to follow him on his "journey" to drop 26lbs in 12 days. Hey Mike Dolce, that's not a good so why brag about? (He reads these boards)

SgtSpar

• Getbig III
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2010, 03:56:21 PM »
I know fighters that lose 25 lbs in a day before the weigh in.  I can lose 15 easily.  As long as you re-hydrate, and put all the weight back on, you won't even lose any strength doing it.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2010, 04:02:11 PM »
Not true, you can't recover that from such a shock to your body, Dolce and I hashed this out RIGHT after Rampages fight, remember that fight with Rashad? He gassed because he dropped too quick. Its idiotic, its old school and dehydration is never good for any period of time.

Nails

• Getbig V
  • https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jsi5VTzJpPw
« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2010, 04:07:31 PM »
Going this weekend to meet with Mark Munoz with possibility of working with him for his next fight. Like all of these other idiot "diet experts" in the MMA world, he's sick of dropping 25lbs in a week, week and a half. One so called "expert" was sending out emails to follow him on his "journey" to drop 26lbs in 12 days. Hey Mike Dolce, that's not a good so why brag about? (He reads these boards)

26lbs in 12days whats the secret? beside the obvious

Ex Coelis

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2010, 04:15:38 PM »
26lbs in 12days whats the secret? beside the obvious

LOL that photo is hilarious

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
  • DON'T BE A TRAITOR TO YOUR TRIBE
« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2010, 05:30:17 PM »
I know fighters that lose 25 lbs in a day before the weigh in.  I can lose 15 easily.  As long as you re-hydrate, and put all the weight back on, you won't even lose any strength doing it.

Exactly. If the state allows a guy to compete at any weight as long as he makes weight the day before. The rebound effect can make a man in the lighter weights classes think he is super human when he fights 20 to 30 pounds heavier than the allowed weigh in weight.

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: August 10, 2010, 05:34:21 PM »
Not true, you can't recover that from such a shock to your body, Dolce and I hashed this out RIGHT after Rampages fight, remember that fight with Rashad? He gassed because he dropped too quick. Its idiotic, its old school and dehydration is never good for any period of time.

Don't be silly. Tons of professional boxers have been doing this for decades and still do for a reason.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: August 10, 2010, 05:35:46 PM »
This, anybody that thinks that crash dieting and dehydrating doesnt effect your performance in fights has either never done it or never done it and fought the same day...

Lundgren

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Banned
« Reply #10 on: August 10, 2010, 05:37:10 PM »
Ain't he like 40, shit I hope mma ain't my mid life crisis,

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: August 10, 2010, 05:38:20 PM »
Don't be silly. Tons of professional boxers have been doing this for decades and still do for a reason.
LMAO that doesnt mean that its the best way...wrestlers do this as well...I did this as well when I competed in judo trust me it is extremely detrimental to strength and endurance.

Now I will agree that maybe within 5 lbs or so it could be beneficial but 10+ lbs within a couple of days with eating little to nothing, sweating your ass off not drinking anything...LMAO if you dont think that effects performance.

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: August 10, 2010, 05:39:16 PM »

Its a shock for all the non wrestling mma fighters who put on a bunch of shit weight and then try to make weight. Those types of people just don't have the experience with it and it will be a shock to their body. Its a science.

che

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: August 10, 2010, 05:39:29 PM »

Some guys can do it , some guys can't .

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: August 10, 2010, 05:40:39 PM »
LMAO that doesnt mean that its the best way...wrestlers do this as well...I did this as well when I competed in judo trust me it is extremely detrimental to strength and endurance.

Now I will agree that maybe within 5 lbs or so it could be beneficial but 10+ lbs within a couple of days with eating little to nothing, sweating your ass off not drinking anything...LMAO if you dont think that effects performance.

What drugs did you also take to cut weight? Do you know of any undetectable speed agents that can be used come fight night? Have you tried blood doping an hour before you are about to fight?

Do you really think GSP never gases because of his cardio? Come on bro. Next your gonna tell us all the Ronnie Coleman got his pro card while being natural. Or Jim Quinn once measured Flex Wheelers bodyfat level and it was .003 ::)

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: August 10, 2010, 05:43:28 PM »
Some guys can do it , some guys can't .

agreed.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: August 10, 2010, 06:25:00 PM »
What drugs did you also take to cut weight? Do you know of any undetectable speed agents that can be used come fight night? Have you tried blood doping an hour before you are about to fight?

Do you really think GSP never gases because of his cardio? Come on bro. Next your gonna tell us all the Ronnie Coleman got his pro card while being natural. Or Jim Quinn once measured Flex Wheelers bodyfat level and it was .003 ::)
LMAO youre stance was that it doesnt effect performance which is assinine...

I did most of it naturally as they did random tests at any time kinda like the nfl and tested 1-3 at most big tournaments. We did use mild laxatives from time to time but I dont think they did much to be honest probably b/c we didnt really eat or drink much. Mostly cardio, not eating much if anything and sweating like a stuck pig in a suana or using a sweat suit.

Ive dropped 10-15 lbs in a couple days and again to think that doing so in any fashion wouldnt effect your performance is ignorant...

Id say within 5 lbs or so is doable but anything over that is going to be detrimental

Monster_Everything

• Getbig IV
  • WOW, he REALLY just said that? (looks at camera)
« Reply #17 on: August 10, 2010, 08:11:34 PM »
He is Filipino, the breed of champion Asian athletes. I wouldn't be surprised if he won a three-way double elimination with Fedor and Brock in the ring at the same time .
The Number 2 in Scranton

The Wizard of Truth

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Fallen Angel
« Reply #18 on: August 11, 2010, 02:36:44 AM »
I had a friend of mine who is Irish MMA champion on pgcl to drop 14kg in 3wks
He did it no problem and kept strength

LatsMcGee

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #19 on: August 11, 2010, 02:40:14 AM »
Isn't this guy super injury prone?  His mma career will be over before it starts. 

fathead

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #20 on: August 11, 2010, 03:09:43 AM »
tattoos + affliction shirt = mma champ

G.O.A.T.

• Getbig II
  • TEAM LESNAR
« Reply #21 on: August 11, 2010, 05:06:00 AM »
I don't get why Batista is doing it or why someone would even sign him. He can't even move around in a wrestling ring and always gets hurt. I was excited when I heard Brock was making the transition due to his background. Even got my hopes up for Lashley, but I don't see what Batista brings to the table other than a box office draw for one match.
TEAM LESNAR

SgtSpar

• Getbig III
« Reply #22 on: August 11, 2010, 05:19:57 AM »

Matt Kroc telling how he loses 35 lbs in a day without any strength loss.  Call it idiotic and old school if you want, I can lose 15 with no problems and I'm only 205-210.  A bigger guy can lose quite a bit more.  Its not fun, but it doesn't hurt my performance to any noticable degree.

SgtSpar

• Getbig III
« Reply #23 on: August 11, 2010, 05:25:55 AM »
A lot of you guys saying it isn't the best way, etc, aren't thinking about the guys that don't have a lot of fat to lose.  If some fat-ass is using dehydration to lose 15 lbs overnight while carrying 25 lbs of fat, then yeah, its just stupid.  But a guy that is already lean doesn't have another 15 lbs to lose.  Then dehydrating isn't only the best way, its the only way.  As long as you put all the weight back on, it doesn't hurt your performance. 

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: August 11, 2010, 05:40:45 AM »
A lot of you guys saying it isn't the best way, etc, aren't thinking about the guys that don't have a lot of fat to lose.  If some fat-ass is using dehydration to lose 15 lbs overnight while carrying 25 lbs of fat, then yeah, its just stupid.  But a guy that is already lean doesn't have another 15 lbs to lose.  Then dehydrating isn't only the best way, its the only way.  As long as you put all the weight back on, it doesn't hurt your performance. 
alot of the guys who are saying it is possible havent done it and are only going off of what the MMA guys say in interviews...LMAO

you dont lose 15lbs especially in water weight and not have it effect your performance strength and endurance wise. If you have a day between weigh ins and competing then fine but not the same day and from what I understand MMA fights weigh in on the same day?