Author Topic: WTC Mosque Rep. "Your gay bar won’t build dialogue with Muslims" - (Figures)  (Read 3705 times)

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
Ground Zero mosque spokesman to Gutfeld: Your gay bar won’t build dialogue because it doesn’t consider our sensibilities

http://hotair.com/archives/2010/08/10/ground-zero-mosque-spokesman-to-gutfeld-your-gay-bar-wont-build-dialogue-because-it-doesnt-consider-our-sensibilities/

Share52posted at 4:32 pm on August 10, 2010 by Allahpundit

________________________ ______________

He’s got a point. Construction projects that fail to consider local cultural sensitivities aren’t very conducive to dialogue, are they?

You’re free to open whatever you like. If you won’t consider the sensibilities of Muslims, you’re not going to build dialog.

That’s part of a running Twitter exchange — ongoing as I write this, replete with a perfunctory accusation of “hate speech” — between the Park51 group and Gutfeld. If you’re hungry for more, Gut will be on Beck’s show later to explore the deepening nuance regarding when it is and isn’t appropriate to care what your neighbors might think about your real estate ambitions.

Meanwhile, although The One’s team continues to show admirable message discipline in quickly punting any Park51 questions tossed their way, there’s finally a break on the Democratic side: Lame duck New York Governor David Paterson is offering to help the property owners find new digs elsewhere if they’re willing to move. Why they’d be willing to do that now when they haven’t offered to do so already despite the opportunities for “dialogue” having imploded weeks ago, I have no idea. But it’s nice to see a politician trying to do something productive here instead of grandstanding.

Exit question: Has Frum solved the mystery behind this whole clusterfark? Dude, I think he has.

________________________ ________________________

Figures.  another example of muslim tolerance.   ::)  ::) 

Eyeball Chambers

• Getbig V
  • Would you hold still? You're making me fuck up...
Like it or not, I don't understand how this can be stopped unless you're going to apply the same restrictions to all religious buildings.
S

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
Like it or not, I don't understand how this can be stopped unless you're going to apply the same restrictions to all religious buildings.

Wait and see. 

Skip8282

• Getbig V
Typical doublespeak from the usual crowd.

blacken700

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
you have that Wait and see attitude

Skip8282

• Getbig V

You must really be conflicted now, eh?  Your gay community in conflict with your Muslim apologist beliefs must be tearing you apart.  Don't worry, you can cry on my shoulder.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V

No I don't.  This thing is not going up and its being dealt with on many levels.  there are petitions going around to all union contractors pledging not to do work or deliver materials to the site for one, public protests, private pressures, etc.    

Like I said, I am going to go to a butcher on Arthur Ave., get pigs blood and bless that place as soon as they break ground.  There are thousands more like myself planning on the same thing.  

blacken700

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!

You must really be conflicted now, eh?  Your gay community in conflict with your Muslim apologist beliefs must be tearing you apart.  Don't worry, you can cry on my shoulder.

are you telling me your gay  :o

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
Fox News Host to Open Gay Bar Near Ground Zero Mosque
8/10/10 at 1:50 PM Comment 74Comment 74Comments 
Photo: Timothy Clary/AFP/Getty Images

www.nymag.com

________________________ _______________

"As you know, the Muslim faith doesn't look kindly upon homosexuality, which is why I'm building this bar. It is an effort to break down barriers and reduce deadly homophobia in the Islamic world," writes Red Eye's Greg Gutfeld. "The goal, however, is not simply to open a typical gay bar, but one friendly to men of Islamic faith. An entire floor, for example, will feature non-alcoholic drinks, since booze is forbidden by the faith ... Bottom line: I hope that the mosque owners will be as open to the bar, as I am to the new mosque. After all, the belief driving them to open up their center near Ground Zero, is no different than mine." Get it? [Daily Gut via Daily Dish]

________________________ ________________________ ______________

Reminds me of this. 

tonymctones

• Getbig V
LMAO who will the liberals side with when muslims and gays clash?

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
No I don't.  This thing is not going up and its being dealt with on many levels.  there are petitions going around to all union contractors pledging not to do work or deliver materials to the site for one, public protests, private pressures, etc.    

Like I said, I am going to go to a butcher on Arthur Ave., get pigs blood and bless that place as soon as they break ground.  There are thousands more like myself planning on the same thing.  

And I hope you get arrested for your efforts and charged with vandalism, public mischief, possibly even a hate crime.
w

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V

oh, this thing is going to cause hell here, its already causing chaos.  

Like we stopped Obama's scheme with KSM, we will stop him on this.  Yes, Obama is behind this.  Don't kid yourself.  

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
And I hope you get arrested for your efforts and charged with vandalism, public mischief, possibly even a hate crime.

At worst a desk appearance ticket for spilling it on the ground. 

Eyeball Chambers

• Getbig V
Seems like decent people would call off construction when they saw such a giant public outcry against it, not try and rub it in their faces the way the people behind this Mosque seem to be doing?
S

24KT

• Getbig V
Fox News Host to Open Gay Bar Near Ground Zero Mosque
8/10/10 at 1:50 PM Comment 74Comment 74Comments 
Photo: Timothy Clary/AFP/Getty Images

www.nymag.com

________________________ _______________

"As you know, the Muslim faith doesn't look kindly upon homosexuality, which is why I'm building this bar. It is an effort to break down barriers and reduce deadly homophobia in the Islamic world," writes Red Eye's Greg Gutfeld. "The goal, however, is not simply to open a typical gay bar, but one friendly to men of Islamic faith. An entire floor, for example, will feature non-alcoholic drinks, since booze is forbidden by the faith ... Bottom line: I hope that the mosque owners will be as open to the bar, as I am to the new mosque. After all, the belief driving them to open up their center near Ground Zero, is no different than mine." Get it? [Daily Gut via Daily Dish]

Totally within his rights to do so. Looks like he's purposely just trying to piss off and offend those behind the mosque, but whatever, ...afterall, it is a free country... for now.
w

24KT

• Getbig V
Seems like decent people would call off construction when they saw such a giant public outcry against it, not try and rub it in their faces the way the people behind this Mosque seem to be doing?

It has nothing to do with decency or not. It is about taking a principled stance.

Just as a mosque has the right to be erected on Ground Zero,
...so too does an Islamic friendly gaybar have the right to exist next to a mosque.

You may not like it, ...but you do have to deal with it, and not attempt to impose your will on others.
w

blacken700

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
i say theres room for both ;D ;D

Eyeball Chambers

• Getbig V
It has nothing to do with decency or not. It is about taking a principled stance.

Just as a mosque has the right to be erected on Ground Zero,
...so too does an Islamic friendly gaybar have the right to exist next to a mosque.

You may not like it, ...but you do have to deal with it, and not attempt to impose your will on others.

Just seems like poor taste to me, especially when so many people clearly aren't comfortable with it, and clearly won't ever be comfortable with it.

S

tonymctones

• Getbig V
Just seems like poor taste to me, especially when so many people clearly aren't comfortable with it, and clearly won't ever be comfortable with it.
I agree, especially if there are other viable places for it to be built...

It is like other muslims have come to call it an intentional provacation and extremely hurtful...

George Whorewell

• Getbig V
  • TND
An Islamic friendly gay bar?

Is that the one that offers unwashed handjobs by tranny's who speak Farsi?

I'm sure that all of the closet cases at this multicultural mosque will be lined up around the block.

Brilliant idea BTW. This is downtown Manhattan, not Mecca.

I was walking around 10th Avenue by the Chelsea Piers today after having lunch and I ended up driving over toward West 4th Street. To say lower Manhattan is gay, is the under statement of the century. There were young queers trying to solicit donations for the ACLU  in support of gay marriage, rainbow flags hanging in practically every window and same sex couples holding hands all over the place. Lets see how committed these two opposing factions in the ideological sphere are when the battle ground is NYC. Liberals in general are spineless cowards against any and all opposition unless it is the Christian Right or someone they can call  a racist. Gays on the other hand seem to be pretty fearless about what they stand for and try to smear it in your face every chance they get. Will Gay's have the testicular fortitude to stand up to the intolerant Muslim hate machine in our midst? I sure hope so. I don't support gay marriage at all, but I would rather have 100 million gay couples than 1 mosque built next to ground zero. Liberals so far have been utterly clueless and in denial about the fact that the biggest world-wide enemy of progressivism is Islam-- Not the GOP or Christianity. So far the queers have been willing to go after anyone and everyone who doesn't support the gay agenda. Will they have the guts this time around? I'll tell you this much, it will be worth it just to see Republicans and gays on the same side---- lol  

Skeletor

• Getbig V
  • Silence you furry fool!
Not only muslims but christians (and pretty much most religions) "don't look kindly upon homosexuality", even though facts would indicate otherwise.
Still it would be interesting to see how much "tolerance" the muslims would show if there is a gay bar (a "muslim gay bar" nonetheless) very close to the mosque.
Something like that would certainly help them claim victim status though.

How can they make a gay bar "muslim friendly" though? Pretty awkward and disturbing image..

Is the guy who's going to open this gay bar a homosexual?

Kazan

• Getbig V
  • Sic vis pacem, parabellum
Anyone who has been to the ME knows that there is a whole lot of man on man lovin' going on. Probably more so than in the so called enlightened West. They just don't call it gay ;D
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
Ground Zero mosque spokesman to Gutfeld: Your gay bar won’t build dialogue because it doesn’t consider our sensibilities

http://hotair.com/archives/2010/08/10/ground-zero-mosque-spokesman-to-gutfeld-your-gay-bar-wont-build-dialogue-because-it-doesnt-consider-our-sensibilities/

Share52posted at 4:32 pm on August 10, 2010 by Allahpundit

________________________ ______________

He’s got a point. Construction projects that fail to consider local cultural sensitivities aren’t very conducive to dialogue, are they?

You’re free to open whatever you like. If you won’t consider the sensibilities of Muslims, you’re not going to build dialog.

That’s part of a running Twitter exchange — ongoing as I write this, replete with a perfunctory accusation of “hate speech” — between the Park51 group and Gutfeld. If you’re hungry for more, Gut will be on Beck’s show later to explore the deepening nuance regarding when it is and isn’t appropriate to care what your neighbors might think about your real estate ambitions.

Meanwhile, although The One’s team continues to show admirable message discipline in quickly punting any Park51 questions tossed their way, there’s finally a break on the Democratic side: Lame duck New York Governor David Paterson is offering to help the property owners find new digs elsewhere if they’re willing to move. Why they’d be willing to do that now when they haven’t offered to do so already despite the opportunities for “dialogue” having imploded weeks ago, I have no idea. But it’s nice to see a politician trying to do something productive here instead of grandstanding.

Exit question: Has Frum solved the mystery behind this whole clusterfark? Dude, I think he has.

________________________ ________________________

Figures.  another example of muslim tolerance.   ::)  ::) 

Haha, I saw Gutfeld's statement about this today. Pretty funny shit. Should we be surprised that the "tolerant" Muslims heading up this project will refuse to have any sort of contact with the gay people next door to them?

What a bunch of lying, hypocritical scumbags.

It can easily be stopped. They only own 50% of the property that they think they're building this mega-mosque on. Con Ed, which is owned by the state of New York, apparently owns the other 50% (which these snakes were "shocked" to learn).

It should be put on hold indefinitely until it gets sorted out given the massive amount of double talk and lies being spewed by the people heading up this project. And where was the fucking due diligence on this by the zoning commission?  ::)

Eyeball Chambers

• Getbig V
Haha, I saw Gutfeld's statement about this today. Pretty funny shit. Should we be surprised that the "tolerant" Muslims heading up this project will refuse to have any sort of contact with the gay people next door to them?

What a bunch of lying, hypocritical scumbags.

It can easily be stopped. They only own 50% of the property that they think they're building this mega-mosque on. Con Ed, which is owned by the state of New York, apparently owns the other 50% (which these snakes were "shocked" to learn).

It should be put on hold indefinitely until it gets sorted out given the massive amount of double talk and lies being spewed by the people heading up this project. And where was the fucking due diligence on this by the zoning commission?  ::)

I didn't know that... Sounds like a plan...
S

Montague

• Getbig V
  • The black degelation does not know this nig - V.G.
there are petitions going around to all union contractors pledging not to do work or deliver materials to the site for one...

You're putting faith into north-eastern union laborers "seeing the light" regarding political matters?
Seriously, 3...
That's like giving a blind person a flashlight in hopes they stop walking into shit.

You know who.