Author Topic: Reid deadlocked with Angle in new poll  (Read 11582 times)

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
Re: Reid deadlocked with Angle in new poll
« Reply #125 on: September 24, 2010, 05:12:14 AM »

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #126 on: September 24, 2010, 05:28:58 AM »
ep. 23, 2010
Copyright © Las Vegas Review-Journal

Brawl erupts at Reid, Angle election forum

By LAURA MYERS
LAS VEGAS REVIEW-JOURNAL

________________________ ________________________ __

Supporters of U.S. Sen. Harry Reid and his GOP challenger Sharron Angle brawled at the end of a Senate race forum at a local Christian school.

A half-dozen bystanders tried to separate the combatants, one male Angle backer and two female Reid supporters, before security guards intervened.

"I didn't expect anything like this, not in a million years," said the Rev. Robin Joyce, one of the organizers of the event at Faith Lutheran Junior/Senior High School in Summerlin. "Our whole aim was to have an educational forum to hear from the candidates about their economic positions."

Instead, tempers flared in the high-stakes race between the Democratic incumbent and the Tea Party upstart three weeks before early voting starts Oct. 16.

"He punched me twice, so I punched him back twice," Kay Mehta said as she nursed a red, tearing eye and waited for police to arrive. "I was just defending myself."

No arrests were made. Police interviewed those involved for a report on the incident. The names of all of the participants were not released.

At the start of the 7 p.m. forum, the audience was asked not to applaud or to shout out as Reid answered questions in a prerecorded videotape because he is in Washington, D.C. Angle answered a moderator's questions live from the stage.

But partisan members of the audience became boisterous as the hourlong forum progressed. As Angle was giving her closing statement, a stream of Reid supporters among the 800-member audience began to leave the auditorium, which has close rows of theater-style seating.

A Reid backer, Kelly Tanaka, said one male Angle supporter refused to let her pass in front of him.

She alleged he tried to push her over the seats in front of him when she tried to pass. That is when the Reid and Angle partisans began to tussle and then exchange blows.

Tanaka accused the Angle supporter of hitting her. Mehta said she then got involved. Some bystanders said one of the women shoved the man back into his seat when he tried to get up.

The fight escalated after Angle finished speaking and blew a kiss to supporters in the audience. She left quickly to catch a flight to Reno as the scuffle disrupted the auditorium.

"I was just trying to get him off her," said Mehta, a Reid supporter. "We were just trying to get by."

The auditorium was packed mostly with conservative Republican Angle supporters who were drawn to the event sponsored by the Faith Lutheran Business Advisory Council, the Christian Businessmen's Network, Businesswomen for Christ and Media Fellowship International.

Reid backers appeared to account for up to one-fifth of the audience judging by reactions from the crowd, including scattered boos and jeers when Angle was speaking.

Some of Reid's videotaped answers attracted rude noises and open scoffing from the Angle crowd.

The loudest protests came when Reid made his closing statement and made the case, using a baseball analogy, about why voters should give him a fifth term.

"Why would you pull somebody out of the game that's done so much for the state of Nevada?" Reid asked.

His remark elicited scattered boos and scoffing. One man said derisively, "Ha, ha, ha."

In Angle's closing remarks, she said voters should choose her because she will do what she says, including voting against tax hikes as she did as a Reno assemblywoman. She said she voted against taxes and fees more than 100 times, while Reid has voted for them more than 300 times.

"They can trust me," Angle said of voters. "I kept my promises, and I will keep my promises as your U.S. senator."

A man interrupted, calling out, "You lie!" Angle ignored him.

Reid and Angle largely kept to their standard campaign talking points during the forum.

The incumbent touted his record of pushing for more renewable energy projects to create jobs in Nevada, and he defended the Democrats' stimulus spending.

Angle said the best way to create new jobs is to cut taxes and regulations on businesses to free them to hire people without fear of increasing the costs of doing business.

Reid and Angle, who are running neck and neck in most polls, will engage in one televised debate on Oct. 14, two days before early voting starts in Nevada.

The debate will be moderated by Mitch Fox, the Vegas PBS, Channel 10, talk show host who moderated Thursday night's forum.

Contact Laura Myers at lmyers@reviewjournal.com or 702-387-2919.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #127 on: October 07, 2010, 12:02:12 PM »
Wow -

RCP moving this into the GOP column. 

she is up by 2 - 4 in a variety of new polls. 

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2010/senate/2010_elections_senate_map_no_toss_ups.html

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #128 on: October 12, 2010, 09:36:44 AM »
Sharron Angle raised $14 million in 3rd quarter
www.politico.com

________________________ __________________

Former Nevada state Assemblywoman Sharron Angle raised $14 million over the last three months for her race against Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid. AP Photo/Cathleen Allison

Former Nevada state Assemblywoman Sharron Angle (R) raised an eye-popping $14 million between July 1 and Sept. 30 for her challenge to Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid (D), a stunning number that far eclipses the cash-collection totals of other prominent candidates seeking Senate seats next month.

"Sharron Angle produced one of the most successful single quarters of fundraising in the nation's history for a U.S. Senate campaign," said Angle communications director Jarrod Agen. "This is a testament to the hatred of Harry Reid, the nation's disapproval of President Obama, and the unprecedented grassroots support for Sharron Angle."

Agen did not provide figures for how much money Angle had left in the bank at the end of September and it's likely to be well less than the $14 million she raised since she relies heavily on a costly and aggressive direct mail fundraising operation.

Reid has yet to release his third quarter fundraising totals but as of mid-summer he had collected just short of $14 million so far in 2010. For the election cycle to date, Reid has raised $18 million.

Angle's fundraising over the last three months represent an exponential gain over what she collected during her underdog primary bid in which she was heavily outspent by two Republican opponents but managed to win the race thanks to strong support from the tea party movement.

Between April 1 and June 30, which included three weeks of fundraising in the wake of her June 8 primary victory, Angle brought in $4.75 million.

Angle's total dwarfs other impressive fundraising hauls by GOP Senate candidates in the third quarter including former Florida state House Speaker Marco Rubio ($5 million raised) and former Washington state Sen. Dino Rossi ($4.5 million).

The Nevada Republican's showing is only bested in modern memory by the $14.2 million Scott Brown raised in January 2010 in advance of his Massachusetts Senate special election victory.
By Chris Cillizza  | October 12, 2010; 12:02 PM ET

Power

• Getbig III
  • Move along
« Reply #129 on: October 12, 2010, 10:59:45 AM »
If she will just shut her mouth, she might pull off the win.    :-X

BM OUT

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #130 on: October 12, 2010, 11:09:29 AM »
If she will just shut her mouth, she might pull off the win.    :-X

You know what is funny.Odonnell is painted as a kook and a loon and stupid,but Odonnell is very very well spoken and quick on her feet.Angle is a little slow in my opinion.Lucky she is running against a borderline retard and a guy who you can barely hear when he speaks he is such a sissy.

jesusbod

• Getbig IV
  • Bite Me!
« Reply #131 on: October 12, 2010, 11:16:23 AM »
If Harry Reid wins this election against Angle, Nevada will get everything they were asking for. More years of incompetence, more unemployment and probably will watch Las Vegas go under like the Titanic.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #132 on: October 12, 2010, 11:20:41 AM »
If Harry Reid wins this election against Angle, Nevada will get everything they were asking for. More years of incompetence, more unemployment and probably will watch Las Vegas go under like the Titanic.

Just look at the brown - whitman threads - the idiots on the left are clamoring to put the architect of the mess back in office. 

I cant wait till their whole state collapses and I sit drinking beers laughing at them for voting those fools back in. 

Skeletor

• Getbig V
  • Silence you furry fool!
« Reply #133 on: October 12, 2010, 12:04:31 PM »

Angle will not bring any positive change either. Many people who will vote Angle do it just because they want to get get rid of Reid, not because they actually agree with her. Nevada must kick Reid out (he has done little for our state) and ignore Angle as well. Both are destructive for Nevada. Unfortunately most people will just vote blindly any candidate "their party" imposes instead of voting consciously and looking after their true interests.

Power

• Getbig III
  • Move along
« Reply #134 on: October 12, 2010, 01:56:23 PM »
You know what is funny.Odonnell is painted as a kook and a loon and stupid,but Odonnell is very very well spoken and quick on her feet.Angle is a little slow in my opinion.Lucky she is running against a borderline retard and a guy who you can barely hear when he speaks he is such a sissy.

Billy,

She has made several statements that allowed the media and Dems to run wild on her.  She is lacking in ability to avoid controversial speak.  Like I said, if she will keep her mouth shut people will remember what an asshat Reid is and she will pull this off.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #135 on: October 12, 2010, 02:12:46 PM »
"I am not a witch" is perhaps the most stupid campaign ad in human history.

BM OUT

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #136 on: October 12, 2010, 02:13:42 PM »
Billy,

She has made several statements that allowed the media and Dems to run wild on her.  She is lacking in ability to avoid controversial speak.  Like I said, if she will keep her mouth shut people will remember what an asshat Reid is and she will pull this off.

I dont disagree with you.My problem with her is she is a slow talker.Everytime I hear a slow talker Im turned off.She is the white John Conyers.Incredibly though,Reid speaks just as slowly and cant muster enough energy to speak in a tone that is above a whisper.Everything about him screams 'Im a wimp".These trepublicans should only stick with cutting taxes,repealing health care cutting spending.Thats it,no matter what the question  I beleve in cutting spending.

BM OUT

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #137 on: October 12, 2010, 02:14:34 PM »

Not even fucking close.Take a look at Graysons ads.Those are the dumbest,most despicible in history.

jesusbod

• Getbig IV
  • Bite Me!
« Reply #138 on: October 12, 2010, 07:50:36 PM »

It is resonating for her and the money is flowing into her coffers.. She must be doing something right. She may not be the ideal candidate, but who is actually? She is better than the alternative.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #139 on: October 12, 2010, 08:09:53 PM »
It is resonating for her and the money is flowing into her coffers.. She must be doing something right. She may not be the ideal candidate, but who is actually? She is better than the alternative.

A witch beats a commie any day in my book. 

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #140 on: October 14, 2010, 11:33:14 AM »
Polls: Reid-Angle Senate battle deadlocked
By:
CNN Deputy Political Director Paul Steinhauser

(CNN) – Hours before Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid and Republican challenger Sharron Angle face off in a debate for the first time, two new polls indicate that Nevada's Senate battle remains tied.

According to a Las Vegas Review-Journal and 8NewsNow survey conducted by Mason-Dixon Polling, 47 percent of likely voters support Angle, with 45 percent backing Reid, four percent undecided, two percent supporting other candidates and two percent saying they will vote for "none of the candidates," which is allowed in Nevada. Angle's two-point advantage is within the poll's sampling error.

A Suffolk University survey released Wednesday indicates that 46 percent of likely voters in Nevada support Reid, the top Democrat in the Senate, with 43 percent backing Angle, a former state lawmaker who enjoys strong support by many Tea Party activists. The other six candidates on the ballot are in the low single digits, with four percent saying they will vote for none of the candidates, and three percent undecided. Reid's three-point advantage is within the survey's sampling error.

The Suffolk University poll indicates that Angle holds a 22-point advantage over Reid among independent and non-partisan voters.

According to the poll, Nevadans are split on the job Reid's doing, with 49 percent saying they approve of how he is handling his duties as a senator, and 47 percent saying they disapprove. But only 43 percent have a favorable opinion of the four-term senator, with 54 percent saying they see him in a negative light.

Forty-one percent of people questioned say they have a favorable opinion of Angle, with 52 percent saying they hold an unfavorable opinion of her.

Reid and Angle debate for the first time Thursday night. Early voting in Nevada begins Saturday.

According to the Mason-Dixon poll, Angle has gained among Republicans and even Democrats, but Reid narrowed the gap among non-partisan voters to eight points.

"I wouldn't call it momentum so much as what you would expect to happen as undecided voters start to drift a little bit toward the non-incumbent," Mason-Dixon pollster Brad Coker tells the Las Vegas Review-Journal, regarding Angle's slight gains. "At the end of the day, if Nevada voters really want to get rid of Reid, they'll vote for just about anybody. And I've always said this race is a referendum on Reid."

The Las Vegas Review-Journal 8NewsNow poll was conducted October 11-12 by Mason-Dixon Polling, with 625 likely Nevada voters questioned by telephone. The survey's sampling error is plus or minus four percentage points.

The Suffolk University poll was conducted October 8-11, with 500 likely voters in Nevada questioned by telephone. The survey's sampling error is plus or minus 4.4 percentage points.

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2010/10/14/polls-reid-angle-senate-battle-deadlocked/#more-128588

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #141 on: October 15, 2010, 04:58:27 AM »
jon ralston:

Reid lost the debate to Angle
By Jon Ralston (contact)
Source: Las Vegas Sun
Friday, Oct. 15, 2010 | 2:01 a.
m.

________________________ ____________________

Let’s get the easy part out of the way first:

Sharron Angle won The Big Debate.

Angle won because she looked relatively credible, appearing not to be the Wicked Witch of the West (Christine O’Donnell is the good witch of the Tea Party) and scoring many more rhetorical points. And she won because Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid looked as if he could barely stay on a linear argument, abruptly switching gears and failing to effectively parry or thrust.

Whether the debate affects the outcome — I believe very few Nevadans are undecided — it also perfectly encapsulated the race: An aging senator who has mastered the inside political game but fundamentally does not seem to care about his public role (and is terrible at it) versus an ever-smiling political climber who can deliver message points but sometimes changes her message or denies a previous one even existed.

Look upon these works, ye mighty, and despair.

As I watched the debate, I felt all the years that Nevada has striven to surmount its seamy image fading away as the nation watched this sad spectacle. As Slate’s John Dickerson wryly put it on Twitter: “After watching the Nevada Senate debate I really wish that what happens in Vegas could stay in Vegas.”

I know we Nevadans get our backs up when the national media condescends. We are a proud bunch; we love our state. But as I surveyed the post-mortems in the 140-character world, where concision often yields brutal truth, you could almost sense the head-shaking as the national types opined:

NBC’s Chuck Todd: “Reid’s problem tonight is that while Angle wasn’t great, his performance made her look passable.”

Politico’s Dave Catanese: “Utterly subpar.”

Political Wire’s Taegan Goddard: “Reid didn’t knock out Angle but she had him on the ropes. Have to give the edge to Angle ...”

Political writer Taylor Marsh may have summed it up best: “Sharron Angle passed the ‘I’m not crazy test’ with flying colors. Focused too. This lady just might pull this off. Reid didn’t take her out.”

But did he take himself out, once and for all, with his dismissiveness, his sarcastic and loopy use of “my friend” and Senatese, his shifting of subjects in the middle of thoughts, beginning with his opening statements?

It is difficult to say beyond CSPAN watchers being appalled across the country — and probably sending checks to The

$14 Million Woman as they watched — if the debate had any electoral effect. But Reid, as he did with a veterinarian named John Ensign 12 years ago, seemed almost in disbelief that he was on the same stage with Angle. If it was possible, I think he would have had a Bush 41 look-at-my-watch moment.

There was much revisionist history in the debate by both candidates, but, as usual, mostly from Angle. Reid called a man he once all but called a liar (Gen. David Petraeus) and a man he did call a liar and loser (Bush 41) his friends. But he also used that collegial term to refer to Angle, as if he were speaking to some senator he despises (they do that on the floor).

But Angle, as she often does, when confronted with previous positions from abolishing the Education Department to phasing out Social Security and Medicare, just plows ahead as if her reinvention project is perfectly believable. If she says she never said it, maybe she never did — unless, as has so often happens but could not Thursday, someone plays Warren Wolf and goes to the videotape.

The most striking example was when moderator Mitch Fox asked her about calling the unemployed “spoiled.” Angle claimed Reid “mischaracterized” what she had said. What? She has apologized for making the comment.

My guess, though, is no one noticed as Reid didn’t point that out (hello, debate prep) and didn’t effectively deconstruct many of her automaton-like message points. She just kept coming and coming — Obamacare, Obamacare, Obamacare — the Tea Party’s and Nevada’s Energizer Bunny who never, ever stops running.

I still find it incredible that more has not been made of Angle’s most egregious statement this campaign — and it didn’t even come up Thursday — which was her assertion in Mesquite this month that Sharia law had been imposed in two American cities, one of which doesn’t even exist. This Muslim-baiting, noxious construction has been ignored by all but a few news outlets (kudos to CNN), and her answer is almost more astounding: She read it somewhere so she repeated it.

That is crazy, folks. But that’s not how she came across Thursday, as Reid failed to call her on that and many other topics, making it more likely he has to make an unthinkable call to her on Election Night.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #142 on: October 15, 2010, 05:01:34 AM »
LMAO....

in a time of conservative thinking
in an election where reid was polling 25-75 to 'unnamd republican'
in an election where he made 20 mil last Q and she got 14 mil

TeamAngle patting themselves on the back for what is essentially a tie right now.

Talk about underachieving lol....

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #143 on: October 15, 2010, 05:04:36 AM »
LMAO....

TeamAngle patting themselves on the back for what is essentially a tie right now.

::)  ::)

Other than Odonnell, it looks like you might not have such a Good Nov. 2.  ;D

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #144 on: October 15, 2010, 07:58:04 AM »
Reid My Lips: Last Night Was a Disaster
The Senate majority leader should've stayed home.

________________________ ________________________ ___

Where An Illegal Housekeeper Trumps Economic Recovery: The Awful, Vacuous California Gubernatorial Debate

The TNR PROFILE: A Voyage Inside the Addled Mind of Sharron Angle

In Today’s Republican Party, The Only Choice Is Between Cynics and ZealotsWhy Harry Reid agreed to have a debate with Sharron Angle is a bit of a mystery to me. If your campaign is based on portraying your opponent as loony, then why give that opponent a chance to look reasonable? Lyndon Johnson never debated Barry Goldwater. Then again, I’m no political strategist. And neither, I’ve come to see, is Harry Reid. So let’s focus on what matters now: that a debate was held in Nevada last night between Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid and his Republican challenger Sharron Angle. And its upshot was—sorry, folks—that Angle improved her chances.

I’m not suggesting that Sharron Angle, having been granted the opportunity to look reasonable, looked reasonable. On the contrary, she was very much herself—smiling maniacally in her crimson suit and hurling out bizarre fictions. But she looked reasonable enough. Lies about policy don’t really hurt you in a debate, especially when they’re voiced with conviction. What hurts you is looking evasive and squishy. Sharron Angle provided the lies. Harry Reid provided the squish.

I should mention that the moderator, Mitch Fox, did a very good job, in case that cheers anyone up. It might at least cheer Mitch Fox up. But this viewer, who has reported on Sharron Angle enough to find her alarming, was really more interested in seeing a good performance by Harry Reid.

The first question concerned illegal immigration. Why, asked Fox, had Reid neglected border security for so long? Reid started by pointing to new efforts to secure the border but soon veered into “comprehensive immigration reform,” a treacherous topic that wasn’t even raised by the moderator. “We have to do something about the people that are here that are undocumented, have them pay taxes, penalties, fines,” said Reid.

Sharron Angle’s answer was far firmer. “What we have here is an illegal alien problem,” Angle said, “and the solution is simple: secure the borders, enforce the laws. I think every state should have a sheriff like Joe Arpaio, and we should be supporting Arizona instead of suing Arizona, like Senator Reid and President Obama have. When they sued Arizona, they also allowed eleven foreign countries to join in that suit. Senator Reid, you’ve allowed eleven foreign countries to dictate our immigration law.”

To be sure, almost none of this was true. Harry Reid has nothing to do with foreign nations getting involved in the lawsuit against Arizona. And eleven foreign nations certainly aren’t dictating U.S. immigration law. (What actually happened was that they were permitted by the 9th Circuit Court of Appeals to file what is called an amicus brief.) But Angle’s answer was confident and clear, successfully depicting Reid as a liberal caricature.

Reid had a remarkable chance to score points when Fox asked Angle if she favored requiring health insurance companies to cover certain procedures. “What we have is a choice between the free market and Americanism,” Angle said. “The free market will weed out those companies that don’t offer as many choices and don’t offer a cost-effective system.” In short, Angle was saying that insurance companies should be subject to almost zero regulation.

Offered such a clear expression of Angle’s zealotry, Reid almost refrained from blowing the opportunity. “Insurance companies don’t do things out of the goodness of their hearts,” Reid began. “They do it out of a profit motive, and they have almost destroyed our economy.”

But things quickly got a great deal less coherent:

We need them to be forced to do mammograms. That’s why you see breast cancer awareness month. You see the baseball players wearing pink shoes, and you the football players having pink, uh, uh, helmets. It’s because people dread breast cancer, and you don’t get breast cancer, you can—correct breast cancer—you detect it if you do mammograms. Colonoscopies, if you do colonoscopies, colon cancer does not come because you snip off the—things they find when they go up and—no more, and we need to have insurance companies do this…
Forgive me if I choose to snip off Reid’s answer there.

Fox asked the candidates whether they favored having the federal government fund abortions under the new health care law. Yes or no?

ANGLE: No.
REID: Well, we passed—maintained—Hyde, Hyde Amendment.
MODERATOR: That would be a yes or no?
REID: [pause] Uh, under the law, eh, that exists today, the Hyde amendment, which has been the law in this country for 30 years, is still there.
Don’t ask me why Reid had to answer in this manner. Just don’t.

Angle was soon deep into the next solar system, accusing Harry Reid of plundering social security, telling seniors that Obamacare will rob Medicare of half a trillion dollars, alleging that under Obamacare no one was permitted to choose his health insurance plan. But Reid, transported on Angle’s magical fun ship, seemed only to get limper.

Asked about the foreclosure crisis, Angle blamed Reid for it, slammed Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac, and called for an audit of the Federal Reserve. But first, she said, “We have to investigate what caused the problem in the first place.”

Reid’s response:

We do have a commission. We have a Las Vegan, Byron Georgiou, Heather Murren, on that to find out what really happened with the collapse, so we’re—we’re on top of that. Federal Reserve, I called for a Federal Reserve audit in 1985—eighty-seven, I’m sorry—so I agree with my opponent on that. There should be a Federal Reserve audit. We haven’t gotten it yet, it’s uh—but we’ve made some progress in that regard.
Excellent, with the greatest financial collapse of the past seven decades, we’ve got Byron and Heather looking into it. Check that one off. And maybe, with all the progress on that Fed audit since 1987, we’ll get there by 2030.

I could go on with my laments about Reid’s performance—about how he fumbled an answer on Social Security, about how he picked Antonin Scalia and Byron “Whizzer” White as particular Supreme Court favorites, about how he couldn’t find his closing statement and wound up shuffling through his papers and then reading something that didn’t really work anyway. But we’re all busy people. No, let’s not dwell on the past, the 12-long-hours-ago past.

Anyway, the biggest problem wasn’t that Harry Reid is a bad debater, though that he clearly is. The trouble was that Reid faced an opponent of far stronger beliefs and far fewer scruples. In an appraisal of the rambling style of George Bush the Elder, Michael Kinsley once speculated on the relationship between convictions and manner of speaking. “A man anchored in true beliefs of some sort not only would be more articulate in expressing those beliefs,” wrote Kinsley. “He would make a better liar, too.” This was why “Ronald Reagan, a man of a few, clear, rock-hard beliefs, was a brilliant liar.” Harry Reid basically offered the truth, but with little conviction or coherence. Sharron Angle offered conviction and coherence, but with very little truth. You might prefer the former type of salesperson, but which one makes the sale?

T.A. Frank is a writer in Los Angeles and an editor at The Washington Monthly

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #145 on: October 15, 2010, 11:37:21 AM »
She told Reid to "man up."  lol 

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #146 on: October 18, 2010, 08:03:45 AM »
Angle's Lead Grows Over Reid
Pundit Press ^ | 10/18/2010 | Thomas Ferdousi

Republican Sharron Angle has opened a larger lead in the Nevada Senate race, according to the most recent Rasmussen poll. According to this, Angle's lead is almost larger than the margin of error, dramatically increasing the chances that she will beat Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid on November 2nd. This is the first Rasmussen poll taken since last week's debate and appears to be showing momentum for Angle.

Reid again appears to be having difficulty building traction among Nevada voter and is not well liked by independents. Furthermore, Angle actually crosses the 50% mark, a near death-knell for Reid. Reid won by a bare smidgen in the 1998 race, almost losing in a good Democratic year.

(Excerpt) Read more at punditpress.blogspot.com ...

BM OUT

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #147 on: October 18, 2010, 08:38:50 AM »
LMAO....

A tie with the third most powerfull man in the world.Imagine that?A women with zero expierance tied with the leader of the senate,a senate that was swept in by a landslide and she is going to win.Can you believe it?Wow,he must be the worlds dumbest man...oh wait I saw the debate,HE IS the worlds dumbest man.He has taken the crown from Biden.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #148 on: October 18, 2010, 10:47:24 AM »
Election 2010: Nevada Senate
Nevada Senate: Angle (R), Reid (D) Still Fight A Close One
Monday, October 18, 2010

SOURCE - RASMUSSEN

________________________ ________________________ _____

Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid and his Republican challenger Sharron Angle remain locked in a tight race for the U.S. Senate in Nevada in the first survey following last Thursday night’s debate.

A new Rasmussen Reports telephone survey of Likely Voters in the state finds Angle with 50% to Reid’s 47%. Two percent (2%) prefer another candidate in the race, and one percent (1%) are undecided. (To see question wording, click here.) 

The race remains a Toss-Up in the Rasmussen Reports Election 2010 Senate Balance of Power rankings.

A week ago, Angle held an insignificant 49% to 48% lead in a contest that has been marked for months by its closeness.  In seven of eight surveys prior to this one since July, Reid and Angle have been three points apart or less. Both have hit the 50% mark one time.

(Want a free daily e-mail update? If it's in the news, it's in our polls).  Rasmussen Reports updates are also available on Twitter or Facebook.

The survey of 750 Likely Voters in Nevada was conducted on October 17, 2010 by Rasmussen Reports. The margin of sampling error is +/- 4 percentage points with a 95% level of confidence. Field work for all Rasmussen Reports surveys is conducted by Pulse Opinion Research, LLC. See methodology.

How do Nevada voters rate debates?  Which candidate's favorability numbers are up a bit? How is President Obama regarded these days in Nevada?  Become a Platinum member and find out. 

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #149 on: October 19, 2010, 01:15:39 PM »

Early vote a bad omen for Reid
By: Molly Ball
www.politico.com
October 19, 2010 01:57 PM EDT

________________________ ________________________ ________

In Nevada's prime swing county, Republicans are significantly outpacing Democrats in early-voting turnout, according to official statistics — a potential sign of difficulty for Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid as he attempts to rally his base for his tough contest with Republican Sharron Angle.

Some 47 percent of early voters in Reno's bellwether Washoe County so far have been Republicans, while 40 percent have been Democrats, according to the Washoe County Registrar. Nearly 11,000 people had voted in Washoe over the first three days of early voting, which began Saturday.

Voter registration in the county is evenly split, 39 percent to 39 percent. The disproportionate turnout is a concrete indication of the Republican enthusiasm that is expected to portend a nationwide GOP wave.

In Nevada's large, urban Clark County, which includes Las Vegas, nearly 47,000 votes were cast in the first three days. The voters were 46 percent Democrats, 39 percent Republicans, according to the Clark County Election Department. But while Democrats make up 46 percent of the county's registered voters, Republicans constitute just 33 percent — another sign Republicans are voting out of proportion to their numbers.

In the 3rd Congressional District, where Democratic Rep. Dina Titus faces a challenge from Republican Joe Heck, the parties are nearly tied in early turnout despite Democrats' registration advantage. Early voters were 43 percent Democrats, 41 percent Republicans, while registration was 42 percent Democrats and 36 percent Republicans.

Reid's campaign sees its extensive get-out-the-vote infrastructure as crucial to the senator's prospects in a contest polls have shown to be deadlocked. Angle hopes the pro-GOP national climate and voters’ dislike for Reid will sweep her to the Senate.

The sparsely populated counties outside Clark and Washoe, which have yet to report complete early-voting results, are strongly Republican.

Statewide, Democrats have an edge of about 60,000 registered voters more than Republicans, but that represents a decline from 2008, when their advantage was more than 100,000.

© 2010 Capitol News Company, LLC