Author Topic: Is Wikileaks a threat to national security?  (Read 1323 times)

Eyeball Chambers

• Getbig V
  • Would you hold still? You're making me fuck up...
Re: Is Wikileaks a threat to national security?
« Reply #25 on: August 13, 2010, 03:36:01 PM »
Hey, it's not like the patriot act was written BEFORE 911, right?

When you point that FACT out, it makes me sound like an idiot, and a conspiracy theorist.  :-\
S

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #26 on: August 13, 2010, 03:37:59 PM »
If they're publishing documents related to honest, ethical operations that are legal and in the interest of the United States than I'm completely against what they're doing. 

If they're publishing documents related to our illegal, immoral wars in the Middle East, and the crimes committed against citizens of this country in the name of the "war on terror" than I support them one hundred percent.

Even if publication of those documents threatens the safety of our people? 

Eyeball Chambers

• Getbig V
  • Would you hold still? You're making me fuck up...
« Reply #27 on: August 13, 2010, 04:22:10 PM »
Even if publication of those documents threatens the safety of our people? 

I don't know... I've got a tendency to support these people, but I don't know...
S

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #28 on: August 13, 2010, 04:26:50 PM »
If another country was leaking classified documents, we'd be enacting some sanctions or dropping bombs on them.   I dont like any group leaking shit which hurts our war efforts.

The only thing (positive?) they're doing is illustrating to the world that we're full of shite in many of our war claims... most ppl know that already.  All countries do the same thing on that front - exaggerating threats, pinkimisting reporters, etc... shit happens when you're in a warzone.  Anyone who claims our military is above all that is delusional.  So WIKIleaks wasn't any big surprise to me.

tarzan

• Time Out
  • Getbig II
« Reply #29 on: August 13, 2010, 07:23:57 PM »

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #30 on: August 13, 2010, 07:29:34 PM »
tarzan - i normally agree with many of your posts - this one i differ-

I dont worry too much about war with iran.  Aside from the fact we can't afford that shit now, and public support would be zilch since many people consider the reasons for entering the other 2 wars to be fibs...

Tarpley's book had him predicting war with iran 5 years ago.  If cheney didn't do it as a lame duck (with congressional permission as was given in fall 2007 by the dems, pointed out by mike gravel in the debates), I don't think obama will.

I think it's just more posturing, as always.  Our struggling economy would collapse if gas suddenly hit $8 a gallon due to straits being closed, and the strategic oil pile obama planned from that BP mess didn't quite pan out...

Skip8282

• Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: August 15, 2010, 03:10:56 PM »
I wish Wikileaks would have just said no and I'd have no problem fucking with them (like having our guys hack the site regularly or something).  But, the primary problem is the guy who leaked and if he's found guilty, I hope he's shot for treason.

If he hadn't gone with Wiki, he could have gone with any number of sites (all of whom would've loved the publicity).