Author Topic: Quayle stands by 'worst president in history' critique  (Read 840 times)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
Quayle stands by 'worst president in history' critique
« on: August 13, 2010, 06:21:01 PM »
 :o

Posted: August 13th, 2010
From CNN's Jeff Simon

(CNN) - Arizona House candidate Ben Quayle on Friday stood by a statement in a new campaign ad that called President Obama "the worst president in history" but offered nothing more than Republican talking points to back the claim.

Quayle, the son of former Vice President Dan Quayle, shares his father's conservative values and is one of 10 Republicans vying for the GOP nomination in Arizona's Third House district.

"He's an ideologue from a leftist bend," Quayle told CNN's John King in an interview to air Friday on John King USA. "I think that he's trying to take control of more parts of the private sector. He's trying to make government the answer to all the problems that we face when we should be focusing more on individual responsibility."

"I stand by my comment," he said of the campaign ad.

"The future that he [President Obama] has created for my generation and other generations is pretty terrifying," the 33-year-old candidate said. "It seems like right now he's starting to destroy the American dream."

Quayle did not point to any specific policies, programs, strategies or remarks from the president that supported his comments, however.

Quayle also responded to allegations that he penned regular contributions to a now defunct website called DirtyScottsdale.com. The site has since been renamed theDirty.com, but features similar content – gossip about nightlife in cities around the country. A quick glance at the website offers an endless stream of photographs of provocatively dressed women.

The site's owner, Nik Richie, wrote in an August 9 blog post that Quayle was the person behind the alias 'Brock Landers.' Quayle has admitted to writing several blog posts for the original DirtyScottsdale website, but says he is not behind the Brock Landers posts.

"I posted a few comments on a website that doesn't even exist anymore, they were innocuous and, you know, these are the types of smear campaigns that are being pushed against me about nothing," Quayle told CNN on Friday.

Arizona's Republican primary will be held on August 24.

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2010/08/13/quayle-stands-by-worst-president-in-history-critique/

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
Re: Quayle stands by 'worst president in history' critique
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2010, 08:11:28 PM »
Reasons why President Obama is the Worst President in History (according to Quayle):

1. He has loaded up every child in this nation with more debt than any President in history.

2. With his policies and the threat of more such policy, he has destroyed more wealth than any human being in history, which is always what happens when you set out to redistribute wealth: you end up destroying it.

3. He has brought us to the brink of the most massive tax increases in history and if we don't elect enough Republicans in November to stop him that is exactly what we will get.

4. He has forced through legislation without a single republican vote that may well destroy the finest health care system in history when all we needed were some measures to control costs.

5. He has divided America along racial lines in destructive ways and he is doing so again by suing Arizona over its attempt to control the drug trade and human smuggling trade threatening its security.

6. He has failed to form a policy to adequately deal with the vicious Mexican drug cartels that are essentially running parts of that nation and becoming an increasing threat to ours.

7. He has traveled the world making apologies for America instead of defending its timeless and treasured ideals of freedom and peace for all nations of good will.

8. He has said there is nothing exceptional about America, something no other president has ever said and something which alone suggests he is a historically poor president.

9. He has hired people of strange and radical views to hold important federal posts in which they pursue more bad policy that no administration in history has ever pursued.

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2010/08/16/quayle-details-why-obama-is-the-worst/#more-118178

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2010, 08:17:50 PM »
that's just one vice-president's opinione.

[sic]

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2010, 08:43:19 PM »

[sic]

Did you read the article?  It's Dan Quayle's son.   ::)

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2010, 08:56:46 PM »
Did you read the article?  It's Dan Quayle's son.   ::)
ahhahahhahaha

Arnold jr

• Getbig V
  • fleshandiron.com
« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2010, 09:56:47 PM »

[sic]

Not so, those 9 bullet points, all of those are facts, not opinion. Each one of those 9 bullet points represent what president Obama has done...that's not opinion, that's simple fact.

BM OUT

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2010, 06:24:04 AM »
Once you make a statement like that,you have to stick with it.Backtracking would make him look very very weak.I think Obama will go down as the worst ever,but its not even two years in yet.If we got another dot com craze or something like that and the economy turned around despite him,it lets him off the hook.4 years and we will know.

I wonder if 240 agrees with the current vice president that JOBS is a three letter word.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2010, 06:27:04 AM »
I can list about 20 other things at least. 

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: August 25, 2010, 11:21:26 AM »
Quayle survives controversial campaign to win nomination
Posted: August 25th, 2010

From CNN Deputy Political Director Paul Steinhauser

(CNN) - The son of former Vice President Dan Quayle is a giant step closer to coming to Washington, after winning a wild ten-candidate race for the Republican nomination in Arizona's third congressional district.

Ben Quayle's victory follows a primary campaign filled with controversy and a last minute message of support from the former vice president.

The Associated Press projected that Ben Quayle came out on top in Tuesday's primary and will face Democrat John Hulburd in November's general election. Accoring to the unofficial vote count by AP, with 100 percent of percincts reporting, Quayle captured nearly 23 percent of the ballots cast, nearly 3,000 votes ahead of Steve Moak, who was in second at 18 percent.

The ten candidates were vying to succeed retiring Republican Rep. John Shadegg, who announced in January that he would not seek a ninth term in office. Quayle will now face Phoneix lawyer and businessman John Hulburd, the Democratic nominee, in the November general election in a district that Republicans dominate.

"Given the district's strong Republican composition, the most competitive race voters will see here in 2010 was in the Republican primary," says a memo from the National Republican Congressional Committee.

Two weeks ago Quayle went up with a television commercial in which he stared into the camera and solemnly declared that "Barack Obama is the worst president in history."

"He's an ideologue from a leftist bend," Quayle told CNN's John King. "I think that he's trying to take control of more parts of the private sector. He's trying to make government the answer to all the problems that we face when we should be focusing more on individual responsibility."

A few days later Quayle lined up nine reasons why, in his opinion, he believed Obama is the worst. Included on the list were the assertions that Obama has "destroyed more wealth than any human being in history" and that he has "divided America along racial lines in destructive ways." The list did not include any evidence to back up Quayle's claims.

The 33 year-old businessman and lawyer also responded to allegations that he penned regular contributions to a now defunct website called DirtyScottsdale.com. The site has since been renamed theDirty.com, but features similar content – gossip about nightlife in cities around the country. A quick glance at the website offers an endless stream of photographs of provocatively dressed women.

The site's owner, Nik Richie, wrote in an August 9 blog post that Quayle was the person behind the alias 'Brock Landers.' Quayle has admitted to writing several blog posts for the original DirtyScottsdale website, but says he is not behind the Brock Landers posts.

"I posted a few comments on a website that doesn't even exist anymore, they were innocuous and, you know, these are the types of smear campaigns that are being pushed against me about nothing," Quayle told CNN.

The former vice president, who appeared with Quayle in an early campaign commercial, fired off an e-mail to Quayle supporters Monday defending his son against attacks from opponents over the website episode.

Quayle also faced another controversy when a campaign mailer pictured him and two young girls with the words, "We are going to raise our family here." Quayle is married but he and his wife have no children. The girls in the picture were his nieces.

According to local news reports, Quayle briefly appeared late Tuesday night at the state Republican headquarters in Phoenix, giving a quick statement and then quickly departing the room as questions were shouted at him by reporters.

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2010/08/25/quayle-survives-controversial-campaign-to-win-nomination/#more-119259

Mons Venus

« Reply #9 on: August 25, 2010, 11:54:47 AM »
:o

P-O-T-A-T-O-E

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: August 25, 2010, 11:58:16 AM »

P-O-T-A-T-O-E

Guess who this is moron? 

Mons Venus

« Reply #11 on: August 25, 2010, 12:19:05 PM »
Guess who this is moron? 

Potatoe = Easier to spell  :D :D :D (ask BezerkEquine)  :-X :-X :-X

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: August 25, 2010, 12:28:45 PM »
Obama did not know how to spell Syracuse.  

blacken700

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #13 on: August 25, 2010, 12:31:33 PM »
if Ben Quayle wins is he going to bring his fake family to Washington :D :D

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: August 25, 2010, 12:35:18 PM »
if Ben Quayle wins is he going to bring his fake family to Washington :D :D

Maybe he can share public housing with obama's illegal alien auntie who is on welfare. 

blacken700

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #15 on: August 25, 2010, 12:44:30 PM »
I HEAR THE FAKE KIDS DON'T TAKE UP MUCH ROOM :D :D :D :D

BM OUT

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #16 on: August 25, 2010, 02:22:30 PM »
Does Obama still think there are 57 states?