Author Topic: Mosque near Ground Zero becoming political football  (Read 2341 times)

SAMSON123

• Getbig V
Mosque near Ground Zero becoming political football
« on: August 15, 2010, 07:49:29 PM »
The ludicrousness of all of this is ...the same people who are condemning the hell out of Obama are the same ones now calling on him to do something about it...two faced assholes. Why would a president of a country get involved in a local matter? I would think all americans would be more concerned about the state of your country as opposed to who or whom is building a place of worship. Maybe hard times has not really effected you all enough to make you focus on what you really need... give it time thought...give it time

Mosque near Ground Zero becoming political football

AFP

Mosque near ground zero becoming political football AFP/File – The former Burlington Coat Factory building that will make way for the "Ground Zero Mosque" …
Sun Aug 15, 2:47 pm ET

WASHINGTON (AFP) – Republicans pounced on US President Barack Obama's comments supporting the right to build a mosque near Ground Zero Sunday, painting him as out of touch less than three months before key mid-term elections.

Democrats and Republicans squared off on Sunday talk shows to hammer home their positions on the Islamic center which includes a mosque, and argue whether it was appropriate for Obama to wade into the fray.

"This is not about freedom of religion, because we all respect the right of anyone to worship according to the dictates of their conscience," US Senator John Cornyn, a Texas Republican, said on Fox News Sunday.

"But I do think it's unwise... to build a mosque at the site where 3,000 Americans lost their lives as a result of a terrorist attack. And I think to me it demonstrates that Washington, the White House, the administration, the president himself seems to be disconnected from the mainstream of America."

The hot-button issue has stirred raw emotions in the United States, which marks the ninth anniversary of the September 11 attacks next month, and Cornyn said he believes it might resonate with voters at the polls.

"I think this is sort of the dichotomy that people sense, that they're being lectured to, not listened to, and I think that's the reason why a lot of people are very upset with Washington," he said.

Polls show a majority of Americans oppose building the mosque near Ground Zero, but they also show that a majority support the right of Muslims to build it.

Senator Jack Reed, a Democrat, did not answer directly if he thought the mosque should be built, but said he supported its designed intention to provide interfaith communication and dialogue.

"But it can't be there, and I don't think it should be allowed to be there, if it's going to be some type of way to undercut the truth, the reality, of 9/11... which was an attack by fanatical Muslims against the United States," he told the program.

Republican Representative Peter King of New York acknowledged the right to build the mosque but challenged Islamic leaders to "listen to the deep wounds and anguish that this is causing to so many good people" and consider moving the center to a site further away.

"This is such a raw wound and they are just pouring salt into it," King told CNN's "State of the Union" program.

Democrat Jerrold Nadler, also a New York congressman, said it was not up to politicians to decide.

"As to whether the imam wants to have the mosque somewhere else, that's up to them, and government should not pressure them one way or the other."

Obama on Friday said Muslims "have the same right to practice their religion as anyone else in this country."

But the next day Obama clarified that he was not commenting "on the wisdom of making the decision to put a mosque there."

Several Republicans have seized on Obama's comments, including Sarah Palin, who appeared to mock him on her Twitter feed by saying that taking a stance on the mosque "is not above your pay grade."
C

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
Re: Mosque near Ground Zero becoming political football
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2010, 07:55:03 PM »
But the next day Obama clarified that he was not commenting "on the wisdom of making the decision to put a mosque there."
________________________ ___________

What a complete buffoon. 

Kazan

• Getbig V
  • Sic vis pacem, parabellum
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2010, 08:20:13 PM »
Wait a minute a thought he had a gift for communications, strage how he always has to clarify and/or say let me be clear in every speech. This guys PR team is about as useful as a 1 leg man in an ass kicking contest.
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

SAMSON123

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2010, 12:46:41 AM »
Wait a minute a thought he had a gift for communications, strage how he always has to clarify and/or say let me be clear in every speech. This guys PR team is about as useful as a 1 leg man in an ass kicking contest.

sadly when dealing with americans you must explain, make clear, then re-explain, then make clear again, then re-re-explain, elaborate some more, then breakdown the explanation, then reiterate the explanation, then reduce the explanation down to child like understanding, because the american population does not understand even the simplest explanation to anything....is that clear?

Nonetheless keep fighting and making the NWOs job easier. While you all are fighting over nonsense they are steadily bringing their plan into fruition. Did you all hear the latest news?
C

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2010, 01:32:49 AM »
sadly when dealing with americans you must explain, make clear, then re-explain, then make clear again, then re-re-explain, elaborate some more, then breakdown the explanation, then reiterate the explanation, then reduce the explanation down to child like understanding, because the american population does not understand even the simplest explanation to anything....is that clear?

Nonetheless keep fighting and making the NWOs job easier. While you all are fighting over nonsense they are steadily bringing their plan into fruition. Did you all hear the latest news?

Normally I'd agree with you and state that this is the case, ...but on this issue, I think he's obviously trying to backpedal. I'm rather disappointed in him. Truth is... I thought he had more of a spine.
w

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2010, 01:45:42 AM »

***SPOILER ALERT****

If you haven't seen Karate Kid 2010, but plan to see it, ...don't watch the embedded Youtube Clip below

One legged men can do some serious damage

w

SAMSON123

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2010, 07:44:55 AM »
Normally I'd agree with you and state that this is the case, ...but on this issue, I think he's obviously trying to backpedal. I'm rather disappointed in him. Truth is... I thought he had more of a spine.

I personally don't think he is back peddling..what he has said in his encounters with the news is By LAW (as in americas constitution) the Muslims have every CONSTITUTIONAL right to build a place of worship anywhere they want. Now unless some LEGAL reason can be presented as to why the building can not be built as a place of worship...those complaining about it do not have a leg to stand on.

Sadly as a president (regardless of the country) a person being forced into offering an opinion on a matter like this can create enemies and problems when they have a ROGUE media, looking for any and every chance to increase their viewership, will openly manipulate the truth and actually stir and cause the controversies the world is presently viewing in this situation. Just seems clear to me that there are far more important thing for americans to worry about other than a Mosque.

Ironically, I have to say, the same americans screaming about their constitutional rights (of which few if any know) are blatantly offending and trying to deprive others of their constitutional rights...Hmmmmm?... Divide And Conquer will come of this and worst...will be grounds for politicians to enact new laws/regulation to further breech the powers of the constitution like the Patriot act did and gather more control over the americans.
C

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2010, 08:06:13 AM »

<<pause for hysterical laughter>>

Kazan

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: August 16, 2010, 08:08:28 AM »
You guys keep saying that they have a "constitutional right" to build a mosque, yet never actually produce anything from the constitution that says anyone has a right to build any place of worship.  

What? Do you think that if you repeat it enough it will suddenly become true?
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
« Reply #9 on: August 16, 2010, 08:12:01 AM »
You guys keep saying that they have a "constitutional right" to build a mosque, yet never actually produce anything from the constitution that says anyone has a right to build any place of worship.  

What? Do you think that if you repeat it enough it will suddenly become true?

Amazing how your posts on this keep going ignored by the apologists and uninformed. 240 has avoided answering it for a week now.

Kazan

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: August 16, 2010, 08:21:03 AM »
Amazing how your posts on this keep going ignored by the apologists and uninformed. 240 has avoided answering it for a week now.

Its because it doesn't exist and they know it, instead they want to try to label or call emotional anyone who disagrees. Can a mosque be built 2 blocks away from ground zero? Sure if they have the permits ...... it can legally be built, but they do not have a "Right" to build it.
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

BM OUT

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #11 on: August 16, 2010, 10:30:19 AM »
He should have said it was a local issue and left it at that.BUT he cant help himself.Every once in a while he reveals what he is,just like "its clear the police acted stupidly" remark.He cant help it,he is a radical leftist and probably a muslim but certainly a community organiser who hates this country.