Author Topic: Summerslam Results  (Read 2059 times)

Playboy

• Getbig V
  • If the bar ain't bending, you're just pretending
Summerslam Results
« on: August 16, 2010, 04:50:57 AM »
Melina defeated Alicia Fox to become new women's champion

Randy Orton defeated Sheamus by DQ (Sheamus still retains the WWE championship)

Kofi Kingston & Dolph Ziggler went to a no contest as the Nexus interfered lumping out both contestants.

Big Show defeated all three members of Straight Edge Society.

Kane defeated Ray Mysterio to retain the World Heavyweight championship. After the match Kane was going to put Ray in the coffin at ringside but the Undertaker was in it. After sitting up, looking at Ray, Undertaker picked Ray up for a chockslam but put him down and grabbed Kane by the throat. Kane then grabbed the Undertaker by the throat and smiled at him. He then Tombstoned the Undertaker and stared down at him. It should be noted that the Undertaker looked very rough.

Team Raw which was later joined by Daniel Bryan (they were a man short) defeated team Nexus. John Cena was the sole survivor.

Playboy

• Getbig V
Re: Summerslam Results
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2010, 06:06:23 AM »
Did any of you get to watch this last night??

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
  • I can spot crazy pussy....
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2010, 10:41:44 AM »
Melina defeated Alicia Fox to become new women's champion

Randy Orton defeated Sheamus by DQ (Sheamus still retains the WWE championship)

Kofi Kingston & Dolph Ziggler went to a no contest as the Nexus interfered lumping out both contestants.

Big Show defeated all three members of Straight Edge Society.

Kane defeated Ray Mysterio to retain the World Heavyweight championship. After the match Kane was going to put Ray in the coffin at ringside but the Undertaker was in it. After sitting up, looking at Ray, Undertaker picked Ray up for a chockslam but put him down and grabbed Kane by the throat. Kane then grabbed the Undertaker by the throat and smiled at him. He then Tombstoned the Undertaker and stared down at him. It should be noted that the Undertaker looked very rough.

Team Raw which was later joined by Daniel Bryan (they were a man short) defeated team Nexus. John Cena was the sole survivor.

That's because he's almost 50 years old. Unreal that he's still wrestling. I still remember that televised network TV match against Hulk Hogan when he won his first world title. I was barely a teenager.

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2010, 12:06:22 PM »
That's because he's almost 50 years old. Unreal that he's still wrestling. I still remember that televised network TV match against Hulk Hogan when he won his first world title. I was barely a teenager.
Exactly. He's almost 50. people need to understand this because everyone expects a guy that age to move and look like a guy in his late twenties.

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2010, 04:37:05 AM »
They only way that'll happen is if he remains on a limited schedual and stays injury free. Right now, he has a bad hip that requires a hip replacement.

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2010, 05:40:35 AM »
His heart has got to be set at 20. He's gotta make it.
Regardless, he'll be pushing an early grave if he's not carefull. Its like the movie "the Wrestler". That scene where Randy the Ram Robinson was signing autographes in a small gym with barly any fans and as he looked around there were guys in wheel chairs, guys with cains, guys just beat up, old & wasted away. Same senerio. The human body can only endure so much before you flatline.

Montague

• Getbig V
  • The black degelation does not know this nig - V.G.
« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2010, 07:05:19 AM »
Taker has the advantage of having become one of the most well-established stars over the last 15 years.
He has a name and bank account that affords him the luxury of wrestling on an extremely limited/reduced schedule while coming back at any time and being a huge draw.

Management likes him enough that I’m sure they will be more than accommodating in helping Taker reach whatever career goals he’s set for himself.
As well they should.
The man has given a lot over the years.
He’s been loyal, cooperative, and never whines. 
He’s stood up to the old man on occasion, but only when he feels there’s been an injustice - as with the ‘97 SS.

Taker strikes me as a badass who is a good person, recognizes what is good & right, and enforces that good.

A lot of guys in with that kind of leverage tend to be selfish, backstabbing pricks.

mass 04

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: August 18, 2010, 07:22:37 AM »
Glad to see Danielson back, I think if done right his feud with Miz could be one of the best in a long time. At this point i would say save taker for ONLY wrestlemania. I don't know how the guy does it, he hobbles all year and looks amazing that one day out of the year.

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: August 18, 2010, 07:33:12 AM »
Taker's taken quite a few extended breaks over the years.
It's a great idea!
It allows him to heal up a bit, as well as keep the character fresh.

He will make it to 20.

mass 04

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: August 18, 2010, 07:38:15 AM »
Taker's taken quite a few extended breaks over the years.
It's a great idea!
It allows him to heal up a bit, as well as keep the character fresh.

He will make it to 20.
I've read rumors that they are considering Vince as his opponent for next years show, kind of an "easy" match for him. I don't know how true this is and on the flip side it's easy to forget that Vince is 65 years old, so i don't know how much he could do.

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: August 18, 2010, 08:38:10 AM »
...Vince is 65 years old, so i don't know how much he could do.

Probably not much less than he ever could.

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: August 18, 2010, 11:31:07 AM »
I've read rumors that they are considering Vince as his opponent for next years show, kind of an "easy" match for him. I don't know how true this is and on the flip side it's easy to forget that Vince is 65 years old, so i don't know how much he could do.
Didn't they already feud back in 2002 when he had his biker gimmick? If I remember correctly it was aburied alive match and the old man beat him due to Kane's outside interefence. Vince even bladed in that match.

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: August 18, 2010, 12:24:06 PM »
Mick Foley once asked Terry Funk who he considered to be the most hardcore son-of-a-bitch in wrestling.
Without any hesitation, Funk replied, “Vince McMahon. He‘s a multi-millionaire who doesn‘t have to go in the ring and get hit with a chair, but does it anyway because he loves it.”

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: August 19, 2010, 04:49:13 AM »
Mick Foley once asked Terry Funk who he considered to be the most hardcore son-of-a-bitch in wrestling.
Without any hesitation, Funk replied, “Vince McMahon. He‘s a multi-millionaire who doesn‘t have to go in the ring and get hit with a chair, but does it anyway because he loves it.”

And he's taken some crazy chair shots too. In Beyond The Mat, he is seen back stage at the 1999 Royal Rumble getting stitched up by the doctors backstage.