Author Topic: Is anything safe? Even protein?  (Read 1760 times)

Carmello

• Getbig III
  • Believe it or not. Your choice.
Is anything safe? Even protein?
« on: August 16, 2010, 02:49:04 PM »
I found this link in my quest to understand the underlying and modified names for "MSG" monosodium glutimate and thought it interesting.... http://www.msgmyth.com/hidename.htm

Seems like nothing on my shelf, let alone any supermarket or supp store is safe.
CEA999

benchmstr

• Getbig V
  • Raging drunk
Re: Is anything safe? Even protein?
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2010, 02:51:09 PM »
I found this link in my quest to understand the underlying and modified names for "MSG" monosodium glutimate and thought it interesting.... http://www.msgmyth.com/hidename.htm

Seems like nothing on my shelf, let alone any supermarket or supp store is safe.
thats why the developed liver detoxifiers....

bench

Carmello

• Getbig III
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2010, 03:44:26 PM »
thats why the developed liver detoxifiers....

bench
Yeah but not brain detoxifiers. It's a neurotoxin that kills braincells.

Forget about all the Oprah brouhaha and listen to what he says about MSG and the other hidden forms of trans fats and their effects.
CEA999

Montague

• Getbig V
  • The black degelation does not know this nig - V.G.
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2010, 05:48:06 PM »
Even if we don’t ingest any trans fats or neurotoxins, the absolute best we can hope for is to one day get very sick and die.
That's the best case scenario.

We’re all terminal.

We're all going to die.

Have a pleasant f'n evening, everyone.

Carmello

• Getbig III
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2010, 08:49:47 AM »
Well my hope is that some people will do research and help prolong the years (healthy ones) of their lives. I myself wouldn't say to avoid all of them (trans fat & MSG) at all cost cause it's damn near impossible, but by reading labels and being more aware of what goes in your body, you CAN reduce greatly the amounts of MSG and trans fats in your diet. Look at most of the proteins out there. What r u really paying for? Most of them have over 15 ingredients, and what business besides fillers and preservatives do they have in your powder, let alone your body. Then read something like Jay Robb's protein powder. He only has about 5 ingredients total that make up his powder, and it's better than most of the others filled with MSG and hidden trans fats for supposed "taste" or lower cost or w/e.

Bottom line, I feel people aren't as bright as they used to be, and what's allowed to be on store shelves these days is largely to blame. Ever hear the expression "ignorance is bliss?" Well, I'm afraid that's the mantra now, but I choose to know the truth and not stay quiet nor stupid. Do as you want, and..

..believe it or not. It's your choice.
CEA999

benchmstr

• Getbig V
  • Raging drunk
« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2010, 10:33:45 AM »
Well my hope is that some people will do research and help prolong the years (healthy ones) of their lives. I myself wouldn't say to avoid all of them (trans fat & MSG) at all cost cause it's damn near impossible, but by reading labels and being more aware of what goes in your body, you CAN reduce greatly the amounts of MSG and trans fats in your diet. Look at most of the proteins out there. What r u really paying for? Most of them have over 15 ingredients, and what business besides fillers and preservatives do they have in your powder, let alone your body. Then read something like Jay Robb's protein powder. He only has about 5 ingredients total that make up his powder, and it's better than most of the others filled with MSG and hidden trans fats for supposed "taste" or lower cost or w/e.

Bottom line, I feel people aren't as bright as they used to be, and what's allowed to be on store shelves these days is largely to blame. Ever hear the expression "ignorance is bliss?" Well, I'm afraid that's the mantra now, but I choose to know the truth and not stay quiet nor stupid. Do as you want, and..

..believe it or not. It's your choice.
people are living longer than ever right now.......whats the point of living if you arent doing anything?

bench

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2010, 11:52:55 AM »
The world is over-populated, anyway.

benchmstr

• Getbig V
  • Raging drunk
« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2010, 02:30:21 PM »
The world is over-populated, anyway.

no shit.......if anything they need to start making a pill thats horrible for your whole body, and is over the counter everywhere...

bench

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: August 17, 2010, 03:17:28 PM »
That's a great idea that has been tried.

But, everytime they do...the stupid FDA steps in...and they screw everything up...

benchmstr

• Getbig V
  • Raging drunk
« Reply #9 on: August 17, 2010, 03:40:06 PM »
That's a great idea that has been tried.

But, everytime they do...the stupid FDA steps in...and they screw everything up...

damn FDA......first they ban tapeworms.....now they wont allow death supplements.....the horror will never end with that administration!!!

bench

suckmymuscle

« Reply #10 on: September 14, 2010, 05:15:03 PM »
Yeah but not brain detoxifiers. It's a neurotoxin that kills braincells.

LOL!!! No, MSG does not kill brain cells. Now, glutamate has been implicated as being responsible for a lot of the apoptotic cell death that occurs following strokes via excitotoxicity which adds to the damage caused primarily hypoxia due to vascular failure, but plasma glutamate does not cross the blood-brain barrier and thus cannot affect neural Calcium and Sodium channel to produce increased release of these minerals, which is what is required for excitotoxic damage to occur.

Now, MSG might be neurotoxic to areas of the brain not protected by the blood-brain barrier, such as hypothalamus and ganglia, but you would need to eat gigantic quantities of MSG for several months to induce apoptic cell death. The studies with rodents showing brain damage only showed damage to specific areas of the brain, and only after they were fed for 5-6 months the Human equivalent of 500 grams of MSG a day! Remember that glutamate in free form is present in tiny amounts in many foods, so avoiding MSG is pointless anyway dude. MSG is very safe.

Forget about all the Oprah brouhaha and listen to what he says about MSG and the other hidden forms of trans fats and their effects.

Lol! Dude, MSG is not a transaturated fatty acid; it is a free form amino acid. What have trans fats got to do with this?

SUCKMYMUSCLE