Author Topic: Clemens to Be Indicted for Perjury in Doping Testimony  (Read 1642 times)

BayGBM

• Getbig V
Clemens to Be Indicted for Perjury in Doping Testimony
« on: August 19, 2010, 10:43:59 AM »
Bootylicious Clemens to Be Indicted for Perjury in Doping Testimony

Federal authorities have decided to indict Roger Clemens on charges of making false statements to Congress about his use of performance-enhancing drugs.

The Times said it based its report on information from two people briefed on the matter and said an announcement is expected in the near future.

Clemens and his former trainer, Brian McNamee, testified under oath at a hearing before a House committee and contradicted each other about whether Clemens had used the banned substances.

The committee held the hearing in February 2008, just two months after McNamee first tied Clemens to the use of the substances in George J. Mitchell’s report on the use of performance-enhancing drugs in baseball. After Mitchell released the report, Clemens launched an attack on McNamee, saying he made up the allegations.

Federal authorities had McNamee cooperate with federal authorities in 2008 to avoid charging him with steroid distribution.Clemens will become the second baseball star from the past decade to be indicted for making false statements about his use of performance-enhancing drugs. In 2007, federal authorities in San Francisco indicted Barry Bonds, the career home run leader, on charges he perjured himself before a grand jury investigating the Bay Area Laboratory Co-operative. Bonds, who has retired, is scheduled to go on trial next March.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
Re: Clemens to Be Indicted for Perjury in Doping Testimony
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2010, 12:29:09 PM »
I was going to comment on the story, but you went and gayed the thread all up.  lol . . .   :D

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
  • I can spot crazy pussy....
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2010, 01:50:47 PM »
He's fucked.

Federal indictments will be up his ass. I see him serving 1-2 years in federal prison, if found guilty.

Guess we all should have known something was up when Clemens was having 20 win seasons and Cy Young awards into his late 30's and early 40's.

mass 04

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2010, 01:54:12 PM »
He brought it on himself. Plead the 5th and shut your mouth.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2010, 06:48:24 PM »
He brought it on himself. Plead the 5th and shut your mouth.

Or tell the truth and the whole thing dies.  Nobody's talking about Pettitte's drug use anymore. 

I loved Pitino's statement after he got in trouble for having sex with the woman in the bar:  if you make a mistake and tell the truth about it, the mistake becomes part of your past.  If you lie about it, it becomes part of your future. 

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2010, 07:06:30 PM »
Or tell the truth and the whole thing dies.  Nobody's talking about Pettitte's drug use anymore. 

I loved Pitino's statement after he got in trouble for having sex with the woman in the bar:  if you make a mistake and tell the truth about it, the mistake becomes part of your past.  If you lie about it, it becomes part of your future. 

Well said. Clemens' biggest problem is his lack of humility. He thought he was above it all, like he could get away with it. Then Knoublach and a few others admitted to steroid use, supplied from McNamee. Clemens thought those guys would deny it too, but guess what: they admitted the truth while Clemens lied under oath. He put his right hand down on the bible and swore under oath.

He's going to be punished, I think. I don't think he has the power and the $ to buy his way out of it. I really think he'll get some jail time.

Bad legal advice, for sure.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2010, 08:13:16 PM »
small fine and community service....

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: August 20, 2010, 08:28:06 AM »
small fine and community service....

Guess again....you're confusing the consequences involved with admitting that you took steriods and lying under oath in a federal court.

He's facing purjury at the very least. But he will have a few more indictments added to that before the trial begins.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: August 20, 2010, 10:56:17 AM »
Guess again....you're confusing the consequences involved with admitting that you took steriods and lying under oath in a federal court.

He's facing purjury at the very least. But he will have a few more indictments added to that before the trial begins.
no no im very aware of the difference and the would be severity...

I just have little faith in our justice system when it involves mega rich individuals...mark my words either he will cut a deal and may serve 6 months or so(which will mean 1 month or 2) or this will be a huge circus and I think if thats the case he will beat the rap...

unless there is evidence, from what I understand this is basically a he said, he said thing...

John O

• Getbig III
« Reply #9 on: August 20, 2010, 03:47:38 PM »
"false statements to Congress" ??
#@$% ! Congress has been giving us false statements for decades!!!!!!!!!!!!

He will not do time.
Masters- 50-54
148#

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: August 21, 2010, 08:22:38 AM »
"false statements to Congress" ??
#@$% ! Congress has been giving us false statements for decades!!!!!!!!!!!!

He will not do time.

If Congress decides to supenoa witnesses and gather testimonies, Clemens may land in hot water. But you might be right, he may not serve time. I hope he does because he's been such an arrogant dick his entire career.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: August 21, 2010, 12:59:41 PM »
If Congress decides to supenoa witnesses and gather testimonies, Clemens may land in hot water. But you might be right, he may not serve time. I hope he does because he's been such an arrogant dick his entire career.

Did you hear that they offered him a deal before the indictment that included an admission and no jail time?  He turned it down. 

So he volunteered to appear before Congress, refused to take the Fifth, and refused a deal after he lied under oath.  How arrogant is this guy?

John O

• Getbig III
« Reply #12 on: August 21, 2010, 02:58:32 PM »

I heard something like the only witness worthwhile to them is Andy Pettitte. If not for Pettitte they would not have Indicted him.
Masters- 50-54
148#

newmom

« Reply #13 on: August 21, 2010, 03:05:00 PM »
oh he will be wearing iron braclets for sure.

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #14 on: August 31, 2010, 09:44:45 PM »
clemens "bootylicious" ???

E
E

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: August 31, 2010, 09:49:10 PM »
heard on espn that the recommended time if convicted is a max of 15 months...LMAO he will get community service and a huge fine if he is convicted and thats a huge if...

I expect him to walk free