Author Topic: Why was Lee Labrada such a badass at 180lbs?  (Read 10102 times)

dyslexic

• Getbig V
  • baddoggy
Why was Lee Labrada such a badass at 180lbs?
« on: August 20, 2010, 05:53:28 PM »

He still looks freaking great. Is he natural these days?

Another vote for just plain awesome genetics like Zane, etc.,etc,etc...

tallgerman

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
  • I love myself a lot.
Re: Why was Lee Labrada such a badass at 180lbs?
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2010, 06:05:10 PM »
sick arms and hardness

4thAD

« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2010, 06:07:22 PM »
Lee was just one of the greats.

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
  • Go back to making jewelry and cakes with your girl
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2010, 06:15:37 PM »

Another vote for just plain awesome genetics like Zane, etc.,etc,etc...

why? structure , aesthetics , balance & proportion. he looked bigger than his weight suggested , he was consistent and the epitome of a professional one of the best ever , he was everything right with the sport , educated , intelligent , professional , family man , classic physique

not sure if he's ' natural ' in these pics but these were after he stopped competing in 1995

Aerian

• Getbig IV
  • "Yumm yumm give me some"
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2010, 06:18:37 PM »
why? structure , aesthetics , balance & proportion. he looked bigger than his weight suggested , he was consistent and the epitome of a professional one of the best ever , he was everything right with the sport , educated , intelligent , professional , family man , classic physique

not sure if he's ' natural ' in these pics but these were after he stopped competing in 1995

Well Said 8)
Wait for it....

Skeletor

• Getbig V
  • Silence you furry fool!
« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2010, 06:31:40 PM »

Lee is 50 now. Not sure how old he is in this pic but I think it is an attainable "natural" physique if you have good genetics and keep eating/training properly.

jude2

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2010, 09:25:33 PM »
Lee is 50 now. Not sure how old he is in this pic but I think it is an attainable "natural" physique if you have good genetics and keep eating/training properly.
Plus if you used drugs for years you will have a good muscular base. Plus he owns a supplement company and he makes quality products.

dyslexic

• Getbig V
  • baddoggy
« Reply #7 on: August 20, 2010, 09:55:39 PM »
Plus if you used drugs for years you will have a good muscular base. Plus he owns a supplement company and he makes quality products.

I think somewhere along the line some investigations were done pertaining to the content of his supps. I'm pretty sure that's all been ironed out, but I remember him stating that the Supplement Industry is extremely competitive for anyone thinking of randomly starting their own supplement company.

I don't see much of his stuff around here, and if I remember correctly, what I did see was pricey.

I know he loved the H.I.T style of training, but he tailored it a bit and added his own "flare" to it.

I don't think he has to work too hard these days to maintain a fantastic physique.

gh15

• Getbig V
  • angels
« Reply #8 on: August 20, 2010, 10:17:06 PM »

a bodybuilder is never natural unless sickness is  upon him,,even then ,,in the hospital he will try to thin how fast he can get on the hormones,,its addiction,,labara was on there in those pics ,,you fellas confuse little water and fat added on physiqe with natural status or clean status,,its not this way my friends,,

5'4 will never see  even 150lb at this  body fat he presented in those pics  post competition,,

look aroune you look at fellas that ae 5'2 to 5'5 ,,they are 130-150lb at max ,,and higher body fat!

bodybuilding is drugs!,,then come everything else,,

gh15 approved
fallen angel

G_Thang

• Getbig V
  • The World South of the USA isnt for pussies!
« Reply #9 on: August 20, 2010, 10:28:33 PM »
only in bbing does a midget have great genetics.

roccoginge

« Reply #10 on: August 20, 2010, 10:48:32 PM »
in person the dudes head is huge for his body.

dyslexic

• Getbig V
  • baddoggy
« Reply #11 on: August 20, 2010, 11:46:43 PM »

a bodybuilder is never natural unless sickness is  upon him,,even then ,,in the hospital he will try to thin how fast he can get on the hormones,,its addiction,,labara was on there in those pics ,,you fellas confuse little water and fat added on physiqe with natural status or clean status,,its not this way my friends,,

5'4 will never see  even 150lb at this  body fat he presented in those pics  post competition,,

look aroune you look at fellas that ae 5'2 to 5'5 ,,they are 130-150lb at max ,,and higher body fat!

gh15 approved

I sort of agree... I'm 5'6 at 183 lbs @ 10% bodyfat. No hormones for years. If I wanted to get shredded at the same weight I would need SOME kind of assistance. Not necessarily hormones, but stuff that would not allow me to be called "natural"...

I'm startin to get John Romano titties and I'm a few years younger than him. Sux... ass.

MuscleMcMannus

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: August 21, 2010, 01:29:19 AM »
5'6?  LOL...........

dave19

• Getbig III
« Reply #13 on: August 21, 2010, 01:39:48 AM »

I sort of agree... I'm 5'6 at 183 lbs @ 10% bodyfat. No hormones for years. If I wanted to get shredded at the same weight I would need SOME kind of assistance. Not necessarily hormones, but stuff that would not allow me to be called "natural"...

I'm startin to get John Romano titties and I'm a few years younger than him. Sux... ass.

10% BF is quite shredded with visible veins on your abs , striations in delts etc. .. I think a lot of ppl don't really know their real bodyfat percentage.

Immortal_Technique

• Getbig IV
  • "It's all a bunch of shit, I say fuck it" - DF
« Reply #14 on: August 21, 2010, 01:46:46 AM »
He looks great in that later pic. Short limbs always look cool in photos. And a lifetime of gear use will set you up well to look more muscular than average later in life when you're clean as long as you keep training. I had a friend who retained a lot of the size off his one cycle really well for a year or so, so "natural" is a relative term if you've used before.

#1 Klaus fan

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: August 21, 2010, 04:12:04 AM »
10% BF is quite shredded with visible veins on your abs , striations in delts etc. .. I think a lot of ppl don't really know their real bodyfat percentage.

I hate the "I have abs, I'm 10 %" thinking.  >:(

bodybuilder1234

• Getbig IV
  • Manny Pacquiao KO Floyd 1
« Reply #16 on: August 21, 2010, 05:37:52 AM »
I hate the "I have abs, I'm 10 %" thinking.  >:(

true, im 17% and i can see abbs aswell
Im still fat though

Figo

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: August 21, 2010, 08:34:47 AM »
Labrada was great!

top 20 along with Shawn Ray!

jude2

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #18 on: August 21, 2010, 04:05:20 PM »

a bodybuilder is never natural unless sickness is  upon him,,even then ,,in the hospital he will try to thin how fast he can get on the hormones,,its addiction,,labara was on there in those pics ,,you fellas confuse little water and fat added on physiqe with natural status or clean status,,its not this way my friends,,

5'4 will never see  even 150lb at this  body fat he presented in those pics  post competition,,

gh15 approved ==   I enjoy reading your post, but this height and weight thing is not that easy. I coach AAU basketball because my kids play. I coached 13u girls and 16u boys. I have kids on my teams who are that height, weight and are muscular and lean, and don't even lift weights. So a guy who has been training for over 20 years at 5'4 can't weigh over 150 lean. That is fucking sad if you thin that. I know Pro BB is full of drugs but come on.

Stavios

« Reply #19 on: August 21, 2010, 04:59:59 PM »
I was surprised at how short he was when I saw him, 5'4 max !

he looked on the sauce tho, he was veiny and hard

Captain Equipoise

• Getbig V
  • back from the dead...
« Reply #20 on: August 21, 2010, 05:13:34 PM »
Amazing physique, he should have been winning Olympia's instead of Haney..

his physique just had incredible flow, perfect balance and symmetry, nothing outdid anything else (ie. Lee Priest) great tie-ins, all his bodyparts just worked with each other, if he had been a few inches taller he would ran the 80's.

bigdumbbell

• Getbig V
  • Bon Voyage !
« Reply #21 on: August 21, 2010, 10:11:50 PM »
because at 4' 8" and 180 you look like one ?

Danimal77

• Getbig V
  • Yo Adrian
« Reply #22 on: August 21, 2010, 11:49:26 PM »
I was surprised at how short he was when I saw him, 5'4 max !

he looked on the sauce tho, he was veiny and hard

Yeah, 5'4" MAX indeed! Francis Benfatto who was MAX 5'5" himself had at least an inch on Labrada... Even Shawn Ray looked to have 2-3" on him...

KevinP85

• Getbig IV
« Reply #23 on: August 21, 2010, 11:59:55 PM »
Shawn Ray IMO was better.

Lundgren

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Banned
« Reply #24 on: August 22, 2010, 12:40:47 AM »
They should rename it body compression just for him. Like really who the fuck wants to see a muscular midget, regular ones due just fine i'm not a bigot.

Lol if your short and you ever wanna get laid you gotta convince the ladies size don't matter. Your just confusing a bitch when you spend all your time in the gym, and still look up to 5th graders.