Author Topic: Biden: On November 3rd, we'll have both majorities in congress  (Read 1836 times)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Will anything less than grabbing both houses of senate be a loss for republicans?

Anti-dem emotion is at its highest point in what, decades?   Imagine that fallout if by some miracle or lots of cheating, the dems don't lose either house.

source:
http://www.democrats.org/ls/livestream.html

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
Re: Biden: On November 3rd, we'll have both majorities in congress
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2010, 11:59:47 AM »
Republicans don't need to win either the House or Senate.  They need enough votes in one of the bodies to slow down the runaway spending train (the White House) and position themselves for 2012. 

BM OUT

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2010, 06:39:21 AM »
Republicans don't need to win either the House or Senate.  They need enough votes in one of the bodies to slow down the runaway spending train (the White House) and position themselves for 2012. 

It would actually be better just to get enough votes to stop Imam Obama and still have democrats with tiny majorities then they can blame democrats for everything as NOTHING will get better under the Muslim Obama.

BM OUT

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2010, 11:19:39 AM »
Unfortunately ,as Rush just reminded me,Joe Biden is wrong on every issue just about 100% of the time,as he is the dumbest man in the history of the senate and now the dumbest vice president ever,so republicans will win both houses.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2010, 11:27:50 AM »
As long as there are enough votes to make Imam Obama. piss be upon him, to be the lamest of ducks ever, i'm coll with it. 

tarzan

• Time Out
  • Getbig II
« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2010, 03:10:38 PM »
Why would you want Republicans back in power for that matter? Are they any better than the democrats?

Did the deficit not grow by a few trillions under a Republican and Democrat House and a Republican Presidency?

Did Bush not joke that the elites are his "peeps"?

Guys you need to wake up they have you conned to believe in this game of Democrats and Republicans. The politicians on both sides of the aisle are playing for the same team. And you are not part of their team.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2010, 03:20:42 PM »
Why would you want Republicans back in power for that matter? Are they any better than the democrats?

Did the deficit not grow by a few trillions under a Republican and Democrat House and a Republican Presidency?

Guys you need to wake up they have you conned to believe in this game of Democrats and Republicans. The politicians on both sides of the aisle are playing for the same team. And you are not part of their team.

For me, it's not so much having Republicans in power as it is checking Obama and Democrats.  I don't want either party in control of both Congress and the White House. 

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2010, 03:27:16 PM »
It would actually be better just to get enough votes to stop Imam Obama and still have democrats with tiny majorities then they can blame democrats for everything as NOTHING will get better under the Muslim Obama.

HAHAHAHA @ this.

It would be better if the dems kept the white house, house, and senate, so they could 51-vote your ass on everything like cape/trade and amnesty?

Really??????????????????

Arnold jr

• Getbig V
  • fleshandiron.com
« Reply #8 on: August 23, 2010, 04:14:59 PM »
For me, it's not so much having Republicans in power as it is checking Obama and Democrats.  I don't want either party in control of both Congress and the White House. 

Be it a good or bad thing, the only way we can see improvements is for another body to take power in the house and senate and it the only way to make real absolute changes, be them good or bad is to have the executive and legislature controlled by one single party.

That said, the only way the republicans can bring about good change is largely dependent upon the types of republicans elected.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #9 on: August 23, 2010, 05:39:22 PM »
Will anything less than grabbing both houses of senate be a loss for republicans?

Anti-dem emotion is at its highest point in what, decades?   Imagine that fallout if by some miracle or lots of cheating, the dems don't lose either house.

source:
http://www.democrats.org/ls/livestream.html

if I recall correctly - a recent survey had Repubs with lower approval ratings than both Dems and Obama

don't discount the Repubs ability to crash and burn in the last few weeks going into the election

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: August 23, 2010, 06:12:05 PM »
Be it a good or bad thing, the only way we can see improvements is for another body to take power in the house and senate and it the only way to make real absolute changes, be them good or bad is to have the executive and legislature controlled by one single party.

That said, the only way the republicans can bring about good change is largely dependent upon the types of republicans elected.

I hear you, and I guess it depends on which Republicans get elected, but I don't have enough trust in politicians of either party to be comfortable with total control of DC.

Arnold jr

• Getbig V
  • fleshandiron.com
« Reply #11 on: August 23, 2010, 06:36:14 PM »
I hear you, and I guess it depends on which Republicans get elected, but I don't have enough trust in politicians of either party to be comfortable with total control of DC.

I understand your concern but it's very easy to get stuck in a standoff and have a giant stalemate with two parties splitting control. When the Republicans took control of the legislative under Clinton there was some progress made but that was only because Clinton was willing to work with them, Obama has shown that he in no way intends to work with them.

It really seems to me at this point and time the only way anything will get done be it good or bad is with absolute party control by one side or the other.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: August 23, 2010, 06:39:50 PM »
I have no illusion that the GOP will solve or do anything if they win in November.  But anything in my mind to cock block Barry from his insane agenda is worth pursuing. 

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: August 23, 2010, 06:51:38 PM »
I understand your concern but it's very easy to get stuck in a standoff and have a giant stalemate with two parties splitting control. When the Republicans took control of the legislative under Clinton there was some progress made but that was only because Clinton was willing to work with them, Obama has shown that he in no way intends to work with them.

It really seems to me at this point and time the only way anything will get done be it good or bad is with absolute party control by one side or the other.

Obama doesn't work with Republicans because he doesn't have to. 

I think we're seeing right now exactly how the bad things get done with the control of one party.   :-\

Arnold jr

• Getbig V
  • fleshandiron.com
« Reply #14 on: August 23, 2010, 07:01:25 PM »
Obama doesn't work with Republicans because he doesn't have to. 

I think we're seeing right now exactly how the bad things get done with the control of one party.   :-\

True, but to overturn the insanity of policies we have now, it will only happen with control by republicans. Now in which direction those changes are made will be determined again by the republicans elected. I'd be happy to vote democrats in if they weren't progressive, that is the real issue.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: August 23, 2010, 07:05:16 PM »
True, but to overturn the insanity of policies we have now, it will only happen with control by republicans. Now in which direction those changes are made will be determined again by the republicans elected. I'd be happy to vote democrats in if they weren't progressive, that is the real issue.

That's probably true when it comes to things like healthcare, etc.  Will be impossible to reverse if Republicans don't control Congress. 

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: August 23, 2010, 07:09:30 PM »
I think if they win the house and senate they can defund it and force Barry to veto it. 

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: August 23, 2010, 07:33:08 PM »
healthcare is permanent, guys.

NO WAY any sensible repub will run on that platform.

Just like those who were against Medicare and Social security... it's political suicide to try to revoke those now.  Remember Angle losing 50% of her support right after she annouced she'd like to phase out social security?  Old people didn't like that.... and poor moderate voters will never vote for a candidate that promises to end some of those healthcare benefits (remember there are ---some--- good things in the healthcare bill)

Arnold jr

• Getbig V
  • fleshandiron.com
« Reply #18 on: August 23, 2010, 08:20:51 PM »

Just like those who were against Medicare and Social security... it's political suicide to try to revoke those now.  Remember Angle losing 50% of her support right after she annouced she'd like to phase out social security?  Old people didn't like that.... and poor moderate voters will never vote for a candidate that promises to end some of those healthcare benefits (remember there are ---some--- good things in the healthcare bill)

A strong majority of Americans want health care repealed, a strong majority of Americans don't want social security phased out...big difference.

Right now saying you'll vote to repeal health care is a huge plus. More importantly, "poor moderate voters"...to begin, there's nothing moderate about health care, second, most people that are in the "Poor Moderate" class don't vote, especially in mid-terms and not enough in the first place to matter that much.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #19 on: August 23, 2010, 09:40:44 PM »
A strong majority of Americans want health care repealed, a strong majority of Americans don't want social security phased out...big difference.

Right now saying you'll vote to repeal health care is a huge plus. More importantly, "poor moderate voters"...to begin, there's nothing moderate about health care, second, most people that are in the "Poor Moderate" class don't vote, especially in mid-terms and not enough in the first place to matter that much.

source?

Arnold jr

• Getbig V
  • fleshandiron.com
« Reply #20 on: August 23, 2010, 10:51:41 PM »
source?

Rasmussen: Aug 23, 2010

Americans who want health care repealed 56%
Americans who oppose repeal 40%
Americans who think health care will be good for the country 36%

"Seventy-six percent (76%) of Mainstream voters favor repeal of the health care law. Eighty-seven percent (87%) of the Political Class oppose repeal."

"Last week, support for repeal among all voters hit 60%, the highest level in over a month, but those favoring repeal has ranged from 52% to 63% since the health care law was passed by Congress in March. Opposition to the law remains as high since its passage as it was in the months before the measure became law."

"Interestingly, there is no difference of opinion on this question between voters with health insurance and those without."

http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/politics/current_events/healthcare/health_care_law

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: August 24, 2010, 12:36:31 AM »
Rasmussen: Aug 23, 2010

Americans who want health care repealed 56%
Americans who oppose repeal 40%
Americans who think health care will be good for the country 36%

"Seventy-six percent (76%) of Mainstream voters favor repeal of the health care law. Eighty-seven percent (87%) of the Political Class oppose repeal."

"Last week, support for repeal among all voters hit 60%, the highest level in over a month, but those favoring repeal has ranged from 52% to 63% since the health care law was passed by Congress in March. Opposition to the law remains as high since its passage as it was in the months before the measure became law."

"Interestingly, there is no difference of opinion on this question between voters with health insurance and those without."

http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/politics/current_events/healthcare/health_care_law
LMAO you just crushed straw...

I think he is from pelosi's district...

MM2K

• Getbig IV
« Reply #22 on: August 24, 2010, 02:06:59 AM »

Ofcourse the Republicans are better!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And people who say they are the same are a part of the problem and not a part of the solution. The deficit did grow under Republicans in the 21st century, but it was still within reasonable numbers. It has grown rediculously more under Obama. And they are not playing for the same team. Though it is true that a lot of them dont consider us a part of either of thier teams. Yes, when it comes to corruption issues they are more equal, but when it comes to policy Republicans are much better - albiet far from ideal and overall disappointing.
Jan. Jobs: 36,000!!

BM OUT

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #23 on: August 24, 2010, 05:13:18 AM »

There is NOTHING good in the health care bill which is why more people want it repealed today then ever before.NO ONE wants this other then poor black idiot Obama supporters.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: August 24, 2010, 06:08:07 AM »
There is NOTHING good in the health care bill

As of this year insurance companies will be unable to cancel policies because of sickness, deny children with pre-existing conditions, or place lifetime monetary limits on policies.

You're against this, BILLY?