Author Topic: Obama propaganda at Yankee Stadium????  (Read 445 times)

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
Obama propaganda at Yankee Stadium????
« on: August 21, 2010, 08:10:31 AM »
I went tot he Yankees game last night and immediately notice what appeared to be Obama propaganda on the filed.  My dad and brother-in-law said the same thing.

I took this picture last night from my phone. 

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
Re: Obama propaganda at Yankee Stadium????
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2010, 05:38:44 PM »
bump

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2010, 06:17:12 PM »
What does it say?  I see "Hope," but that's it. 

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2010, 06:41:54 PM »
Yankees honored for HOPE Week
fan comments (6)print this pagee-mail this pagepost on facebookPettitte's injuryDuration: 00:01:287/18/10: Andy Pettitte leaves the game in the top of the third inning with a strained left groinVideo Tags

New York Yankees, More From This Game, injury, Andy PettitteRelated Video
Pettitte's tough stopA-Rod's RBI singleA-Rod's RBI groundoutJeter's stellar defenseBy Bryan Hoch / MLB.com

08/14/10 7:42 PM ET

Pettitte feels better, but searching for answers
A-Rod puts in full day's work on 'half-day'
Yankees ink five more Draft picks
Worth noting

KANSAS CITY -- The Yankees are being recognized with an award for answering President Barack Obama's national call to serve initiative, honoring the organization's efforts with the upcoming HOPE Week.

In conjunction with the President's initiative United We Serve, the Yankees will be hosting a variety of events for one week across the New York metropolitan area. The Aug. 16-20 events will spotlight five remarkable stories intended to inspire individuals into action in their communities.

"I applaud the New York Yankees for honoring those who have selflessly committed to changing their communities for the better," said Patrick A. Corvington, CEO of the Corporation for National and Community Service. "These outstanding individuals and organizations are proof positive that service helps move America forward."

President Obama officially announced the second annual HOPE Week during an April 26 White House ceremony celebrating the Yankees' 2009 World Series championship.

tallgerman

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
  • I love myself a lot.
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2010, 07:23:43 PM »
obama sux

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2010, 07:28:14 PM »
Yankees honored for HOPE Week
fan comments (6)print this pagee-mail this pagepost on facebookPettitte's injuryDuration: 00:01:287/18/10: Andy Pettitte leaves the game in the top of the third inning with a strained left groinVideo Tags

New York Yankees, More From This Game, injury, Andy PettitteRelated Video
Pettitte's tough stopA-Rod's RBI singleA-Rod's RBI groundoutJeter's stellar defenseBy Bryan Hoch / MLB.com

08/14/10 7:42 PM ET

Pettitte feels better, but searching for answers
A-Rod puts in full day's work on 'half-day'
Yankees ink five more Draft picks
Worth noting

KANSAS CITY -- The Yankees are being recognized with an award for answering President Barack Obama's national call to serve initiative, honoring the organization's efforts with the upcoming HOPE Week.

In conjunction with the President's initiative United We Serve, the Yankees will be hosting a variety of events for one week across the New York metropolitan area. The Aug. 16-20 events will spotlight five remarkable stories intended to inspire individuals into action in their communities.

"I applaud the New York Yankees for honoring those who have selflessly committed to changing their communities for the better," said Patrick A. Corvington, CEO of the Corporation for National and Community Service. "These outstanding individuals and organizations are proof positive that service helps move America forward."

President Obama officially announced the second annual HOPE Week during an April 26 White House ceremony celebrating the Yankees' 2009 World Series championship.

Thanks.  Nothing wrong with this IMO.  Public service is a good thing. 

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2010, 07:35:55 PM »
Public service is good, but the imagery is the same as the campaign stuff, which was very obvious.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: August 21, 2010, 07:46:39 PM »
Public service is good, but the imagery is the same as the campaign stuff, which was very obvious.

Yeah.  True.  That doesn't bother me much.  One of those consequences of the election.  He can use his brand to promote good (and bad) policies. 

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
  • KILL CENTRAL BANKS, BUY BITCOIN.
« Reply #8 on: August 21, 2010, 07:47:37 PM »
Maybe I'm just a cold bastard but when I see that "hope" sign on the field I feel like it's nothing but some marketting ploy to sell me some bullshit that I don't need. I feel like my intelligence is being insulted. I enjoy listening to great speeches, I like positive messages when they come from the heart and the person speaking the words has some integrity but this slogan shit is lame.