Author Topic: Obam KNEW Drill Ban in the Gulf would kill 23,000 Jobs and cost $10 Billion  (Read 542 times)

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
U.S. Saw Drill Ban Killing Many Jobs [ie. Obama KNEW he was destroying jobs, kept it secret]
WSJ ^ | AUGUST 21, 2010 | STEPHEN POWER And LESLIE EATON

Senior Obama administration officials concluded the federal moratorium on deepwater oil and gas drilling would cost roughly 23,000 jobs and freeze up to $10.2 billion in oil-industry investment, according to previously undisclosed documents detailing their internal debates.

Marcia McNutt, an Obama administration science adviser, commented on the corporate culture of BP in a memo sent to Michael Bromwich, the administration's new top offshore oil exploration regulator, on June 28.

Critics of the moratorium, including Gulf Coast political figures and oil-industry leaders, have said it is crippling the region's economy, and some have called on the administration to make public its economic analysis. A federal judge who in June threw out an earlier six-month moratorium faulted the administration for playing down the economic effects.

After his action, the documents show, administration officials considered alternatives but chose to impose a new drilling moratorium after concluding the industry lacked viable strategies for containing another major spill. Officials also expressed doubts internally about the reliability of the equipment the industry uses to prevent blowouts.

The administration hadn't previously disclosed its estimates of the economic effect of the controversial halt, ordered after the April explosion at a Gulf of Mexico well. The documents doing so were filed in a New Orleans federal court by the Justice Department earlier this week as part of the latest round of litigation over the moratorium.

Spanning more than 27,000 pages, they provide an unusually detailed look at deliberations about how to respond to the legal and political opposition to the moratorium...

(Excerpt) Read more at online.wsj.com ...

________________________ ________________________ ________________

Summer of Recovery. 

BM OUT

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Since his goal is the destruction of America,another feather in his cap.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
Notice how 240 avoided this thread like the plague? 

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
Of course he knew, this is really no secret.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
Of course he knew, this is really no secret.

The left wing dolts avoid these threads like the plague.  If I post something praising palin, fuggeeettaabboouutti iittt. 

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
yeah, um, I think only a braindead idiot would say "We're gonna ban drilling, but it won't put anyone out of work".

Did anyone make that claim?  Not to my knowledge.  According to your article, "The administration hadn't previously disclosed its estimates of the economic effect of the controversial halt"

Soooooo Obama stopped deep drilling once we realized "something" blew up a rig (they still don't know what), "somehow" it's still leaking (you knew that, right?) and "maybe" there's still 80% of the oil just sitting there.

Yeah, I'mma go ahead and say "GOOD FVCKING CALL" as far as stopping the deep drilling.  It's just too damn dangerous.  They still haven't stopped this first hole... imagine if a second one went.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
We didnt have to halt drilling.  They could have inspected the other rigs while dealing with the BP spill.   

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
We didnt have to halt drilling.  They could have inspected the other rigs while dealing with the BP spill.   

I disagree.... Sheeeeit, if I had been aware of the potential dangers of such deep drilling - holes they just can't stop - I would have been against deep drilling from day 1.

The fact they don't even know why it blew up...
The fact they haven't stopped the leak 4+ months later...

If there is ANY potential for a second or third gaping hole like this, I'm against it.

And you KNOW... making $4 or $5 billion per quarter profit, BP probably could have developed the technology so the safety could keep up with the digging technology.  They just didn't have the motive...

BM OUT

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
I disagree.... Sheeeeit, if I had been aware of the potential dangers of such deep drilling - holes they just can't stop - I would have been against deep drilling from day 1.

The fact they don't even know why it blew up...
The fact they haven't stopped the leak 4+ months later...

If there is ANY potential for a second or third gaping hole like this, I'm against it.

And you KNOW... making $4 or $5 billion per quarter profit, BP probably could have developed the technology so the safety could keep up with the digging technology.  They just didn't have the motive...

Super,lets destroy the economy of the gulf so a bunch of limp wristed tree huggers can evaluate the situation for years and the rigs move out to another country.Great plan.Obama is a fucking fool,twice this has gone to court twice Obama got his ass kicked.His own scientists say there was ZERO reason to ban the drilling,but 240 and the other left wing enviro extremists ,who have destroyed the country,know much better.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
BUMP for the retards