Author Topic: Is there a mosque in the Pentagon ?  (Read 1773 times)

Skip8282

• Getbig V
Re: Is there a mosque in the Pentagon ?
« Reply #25 on: August 22, 2010, 06:54:33 PM »
LOL hey skip ask him for his definition of hypocrite...thats a knee slapper man

If he doesn't know when he's making a basic comparison, I'm sure it would be.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #26 on: August 22, 2010, 06:56:16 PM »
yep except this one is at "ground zero" and muslims pray there every day

isn't that an outrage and an insult ?

If it's not a problem at the pentagon  then why would it be a problem 10 blocks away from the WTC?

btw - Washington was a Lib and Radical in his time.   He certainly wasn't a conservative in his time

You got owned royally in that thread.  Leave it alone.  

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #27 on: August 22, 2010, 07:33:08 PM »
lol

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #28 on: August 22, 2010, 07:53:43 PM »
 You got owned royally in that thread.  Leave it alone.  

owned how ?

I stated facts

none of which are refuted

if muslims can pray at ground zero at the pentagon then why can't they pray ten blocks away from ground zero in the Park 51 Muslim Cultural Center (and play basketball and ping pong, work out, etc..) ?

what's the difference?

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: August 22, 2010, 07:56:22 PM »
owned how ?

I stated facts

if muslims can pray at ground zero at the pentagon then why can't they pray ten blocks away from ground zero in the Park 51 Muslim Cultural Center (and play basketball and ping pong, work out, etc..) ?

what's the difference?

Beyond clueless.  Its 2 blocks not 10, its 14 stories and not some non-denominational low key room open to everyone, not financed by dubious sources seeking to piss people off, etc. 

If you dont see the differences you are even more dense than I originally thought. 

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
« Reply #30 on: August 22, 2010, 08:00:30 PM »
owned how ?

I stated facts

what's the difference?

It's 500 feet (not 10 blocks, you lying shill). But enlighten me. Can non-Muslims pray at this "Cultural Center"? Let me answer that for you. No, they can't.

This mosque is nothing more than a shrine to Islamic supremacism. If you're too stupid to see that then I feel sorry for you.

You're so fucking clueless on this topic and your attempts at spin are just as pathetic. This thread might be more embarrassing than your George Washington disaster.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #31 on: August 22, 2010, 08:03:00 PM »
Beyond clueless.  Its 2 blocks not 10, its 14 stories and not some non-denominational low key room open to everyone, not financed by dubious sources seeking to piss people off, etc. 

If you dont see the differences you are even more dense than I originally thought. 

ok so it's 2 blocks not ten

it's not at ground zero (unlike the pentagon)

Again, if muslims can pray at ground zero at the Pentagon why can't they pray (and play ping pong) 2 blocks from ground zero in NYC

what's the difference other than being 2 blocks farther from ground zero than the Pentagon?

here's some more info:
http://politics.usnews.com/opinion/blogs/robert-schlesinger/2010/08/16/the-ground-zero-mosque-is-not-a-mosque-or-at-ground-zero

First here are the facts: The building in question is planned to be a Muslim community center, a sort of YMCA
 (or, I suppose, YMMA). The plans are for it to have fitness facilities (swimming pool, gym, basketball court), a 500-seat auditorium, a restaurant and a cooking school, exhibition space, a library, art studios, a 9/11 memorial--the impudence! the outrage!--and childcare facilities (which no doubt will soon be referred to as a "Manhattan Madrasa"). And it's also going to house a mosque.

But calling the entire building a mosque is a bit like referring to the Empire State Building as a 103-story Walgreens because the pharmacy chain has a store on the ground floor.

And for that matter it's important to keep in mind that it's not at ground zero. It's two blocks north of ground zero, on a street running parallel to the old World Trade Center site. And as FiveThirtyEight's Nate Silver has observed, Park51

although somewhat architecturally daring does not contain minarets or other spire-like features that would give it greater prominence than an ordinary, 12-story building. Like dozens and dozens of other buildings, and several other places of worship near to Ground Zero, it would be quite well concealed among Lower Manhattan's dense street grid.

In other words to look at the building, you wouldn't say: Aha! A mosque! But the press routinely refers to the building as a mosque, and its critics often blur or are unclear about its location. So over the weekend, Texas GOP Sen. John Cornyn, the chairman of the National Republican Senatorial Committee, said on Fox News Sunday that, "I do think it's unwise to build a mosque at the site where 3,000 Americans lost their lives as the result of a terrorist attack." (Emphasis added.)

Again, these may seem like small points, but they're not. This debate is taking place on a gut, emotional level. Reasonable critics argue, for example, that this is about sensitivity rather than about liberty. And on that gut level, there's a real difference between a 13-story mosque (which conjures images of a foreign looking structure with minarets and so forth) rising up out of--or even adjacent to--the hole in the ground that used to be the World Trade Center, and a 13-story community center tucked away on a side street a couple of blocks from ground zero. The former lends itself to the sort of irresponsible rhetoric of triumphalist Islamicists that Newt Gingrich goes on about. The latter is, well, reality.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #32 on: August 22, 2010, 08:07:42 PM »
It's 500 feet (not 10 blocks, you lying shill). But enlighten me. Can non-Muslims pray at this "Cultural Center"? Let me answer that for you. No, they can't.

This mosque is nothing more than a shrine to Islamic supremacism. If you're too stupid to see that then I feel sorry for you.

You're so fucking clueless on this topic and your attempts at spin are just as pathetic. This thread might be more embarrassing than your George Washington disaster.

fuck off

333 corrected that fact and I'm not arguing the point

The mosque is only a tiny part of the entire building and I personally couldn't give a rats ass where anyone wants to pray to their sky god

doesn't mean shit to me and I don't think anything is sacred about WTC

Fury

• Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: August 22, 2010, 08:08:55 PM »
fuck off

333 corrected that fact and I'm not arguing the point

The mosque is only a tiny part of the entire building and I personally couldn't give a rats ass where anyone wants to pray to their sky god

doesn't mean shit to me and I don't think anything is sacred about WTC

So let me guess this straight. You had no clue as to just how far away from the epicenter of GZ it is yet you think you know what you're talking about here? Shut up and go do some reading.

This is a perfect example of the typical sheeple arguing in favor of this mosque. They are so utterly clueless and know next-to-nothing about this thing yet they speak like they're an authority on the matter. Seriously, you don't even know how far away it's being built. Should we really expect you to know anything at all?

Sacred or not, I'm not in favor of watching this country bend over and take it up the ass for a bunch of Muslims who want to destroy us. Muslims build victory mosques over areas they think they've conquered. This is a FACT. They have destroyed thousands of churches, temples and other important sites of peoples they've conquered.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: August 22, 2010, 08:10:58 PM »
Again, if muslims can pray at ground zero at the Pentagon why can't they pray (and play ping pong) 2 blocks from ground zero in NYC

Praying is one thing, building a 150 foot victory shring is a nother.  I was listening to the radio and they said there are tapes comiong out where rauf is talking about this particular building solely due to its historical place in the 9/11 narrative of being hit by the landing gear. 

This is a victory shrine and in your face act that the imam is lying about. 

Fury

• Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: August 22, 2010, 08:14:41 PM »

Praying is one thing, building a 150 foot victory shring is a nother.  I was listening to the radio and they said there are tapes comiong out where rauf is talking about this particular building solely due to its historical place in the 9/11 narrative of being hit by the landing gear.  

Anyone who thinks this is being built for any reason besides it being a shrine to Islamic supremacism and a way for them to thumb their noses at the infidel is a fool. Not only have MUSLIMS said this is why they're doing it but just look at the other facts. The name of the project is an homage to Islamic Supremacism. The guy heading up the project wants Sharia Law in this country, will not denounce terrorism and blames America for 9/11.

And most telling of all, there is no Muslim population in that area. There is no demand for a mosque there as there are no Muslims to pray in it. They have to drive into that area to pray there. Now why would they build a mosque there given all that? Pretty fucking simple explanation to that question.

So many ignorant fools in this country.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #36 on: August 22, 2010, 08:30:28 PM »

Praying is one thing, building a 150 foot victory shring is a nother.  I was listening to the radio and they said there are tapes comiong out where rauf is talking about this particular building solely due to its historical place in the 9/11 narrative of being hit by the landing gear. 

you're the one calling it a victory shrine

if they have a room filled with picture of the WTC bombing and praising the attack as a good thing and a victory for Islam then I would agree with you

if it's just a building with basketball courts and other shit then why should they care what other people "imagine" it to be

there's nothing they can do about the irrationanal thoughts bouncing around inside your head

if new information comes to light I'll re-evaluate

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #37 on: August 22, 2010, 08:34:39 PM »
Anyone who thinks this is being built for any reason besides it being a shrine to Islamic supremacism and a way for them to thumb their noses at the infidel is a fool. Not only have MUSLIMS said this is why they're doing it but just look at the other facts. The name of the project is an homage to Islamic Supremacism. The guy heading up the project wants Sharia Law in this country, will not denounce terrorism and blames America for 9/11.

And most telling of all, there is no Muslim population in that area. There is no demand for a mosque there as there are no Muslims to pray in it. They have to drive into that area to pray there. Now why would they build a mosque there given all that? Pretty fucking simple explanation to that question.

So many ignorant fools in this country.

show me a muslim who is actually involved with this project who says that is why they are doing it and I'll join you in being pissed about it

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: August 22, 2010, 08:41:31 PM »
show me a muslim who is actually involved with this project who says that is why they are doing it and I'll join you in being pissed about it

Like I said a few days ago - I think some info will emerge in a few days on this.  I was listening to a guy steve emerson who deals with a lot of this stuff who said he has 13 hours of very damaging stuff with rauf.  But lets see first of course. 

Fury

• Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: August 22, 2010, 08:44:29 PM »

They're not building it to build bridges as the guy heading the project has said he's against interfaith dialogue. It's well documented that he's pro-Sharia, will not denounce terrorism, blames the US for 9/11 and also has ties to multiple terrorist financing organizations, including the Turkish IHH (well known financiers of AQ and other groups). His wife has said this will help non-Muslims to integrate.

The name of the project is an homage to the Muslim conquest of Europe. There is no Muslim population in that area of NYC. I can go on and on but it's clear to anyone who has done any reading on this that this mosque is nothing more than a shrine to Islamic supremacism. And there are quite a large number of Muslims supporting this claim.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: August 23, 2010, 05:44:03 AM »
This Imam has a history of saying one thing in Arabic and another in English.