Author Topic: Matt C. front picture.  (Read 30200 times)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Re: Matt C. front picture.
« Reply #100 on: August 24, 2010, 09:43:42 PM »
he needs to do something HUGELY different - cause his shoudlers/triceps have gotten tons better in the last 4 years, but chest has not. 

if he does nail the training, it'll come up FAST, in my opinion.  When I started training arms right, they grew very fast after sucking my whole life.

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #101 on: August 24, 2010, 10:00:47 PM »
he needs to do something HUGELY different - cause his shoudlers/triceps have gotten tons better in the last 4 years, but chest has not. 

if he does nail the training, it'll come up FAST, in my opinion.  When I started training arms right, they grew very fast after sucking my whole life.

Yes, because you probably had the genetic potential to develop decent arms--you just needed to know how to train them right. If you have shit genetics for chest, even if you train right, you will probably only see minimal results.

X

Master Blaster

• Getbig V
  • Not sure if getbig full of trolls or trolls getbig
« Reply #102 on: August 24, 2010, 10:07:53 PM »

One time I went kinda crazy and worked my arms twice a day for a week and gained over an inch. 

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #103 on: August 24, 2010, 10:19:07 PM »

It's been like this all my life.  I just don't get hungry to be honest.  For all of us who live in the western world, food is cheap and abundant.  I had plenty of opportunities to pig out but I just don't get a craving for food.  I swear there were days when I just ate one or two 500 calorie snacks and would having no problem doing one rep maxes.

And just for the record, calorie restricted diets have been proven to be quite healthy but at the same time, I don't think it is bad to risk a little bit of health for the sake of personal goals, which have benefits as well.

The concept of being on hormones all the time to maintain the physique that I want bothers me.  My friend went on M1T last month and went from 185 to almost 220!  Those results are great, but I do wish hormones weren't needed.

I'll tell you though, I would love to have a separated chest, even for my own personal satisfaction.

I know I've asked for advice before on here, but it's been a while since I really made bodybuilding a serious goal of mine and right now I am quite serious.  I will definitely be posting updates on this as time goes by.

As I see it Matt, you talk like you want this but you apparently don’t want it bad enough or you wouldn’t make so many excuses for all the things you say you can’t do.

For example, you acknowledge that you don’t eat that much. Your excuse is that you aren’t hungry. Don’t for a minute think bodybuilders wait until they feel hungry to eat. They eat because it takes fuel to build muscle. They eat because it is what one must do if they want to grow.

AAS is another issue.  Many guys and gals who don’t have the genetics to build the kind of muscle they want, use AAS if the really want that muscle bad enough, despite the risks. Although I would never advise someone to go on the juice if they didn’t want to do that, I would say to them that if they really want to be big so bad that it hurts and they aren’t blessed with being a endomorph to begin with, that’s a risk they must take or change their goals.

It seems like you’ve been given a lot of advice on how to best exercise to build the chest you want. Some of it is really good advice too. Most all of it is, I suspect, nothing new to you. You already know how to exercise to build the chest you want, you just don’t seem to dedicate yourself to doing it. Bodybuilding is not power lifting and vice versa. Either work to be a power lifter or a bodybuilder. I know some fellows do both, but my guess it they either have a lot going in their favor to begin with or they focus on one goal at a time.

Anyway, if you want to be a bodybuilder, you must want it so bad that you can literally taste it in all the chicken you’ll be eating! Ha, ha….but serious.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #104 on: August 24, 2010, 10:28:59 PM »
One time I went kinda crazy and worked my arms twice a day for a week and gained over an inch. 

Truly? What about overworking your muscles? I tend to add more exercises, reps and sets over time, falsely thinking I will see faster results. Many have said the opposite is the case. I must say, in my experience, they are right. Muscles grow when they are recovering not when you work them. That's just a pump and it doesn't last.

Matt C

• Getbig V
  • The White Vince Goodrum
« Reply #105 on: August 24, 2010, 11:00:49 PM »
Today I hit over 2 litres of water and over 2,000 calories.  I find it amazing that just eating like a normal human being seems like a huge jump for me, but that is the case.  I must say, I think this will go very well for me.  I will definitely keep this updated.  The advice from everyone is greatly appreciated.
Bodybuilding Pro.com

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #106 on: August 24, 2010, 11:04:57 PM »
Today I hit over 2 litres of water and over 2,000 calories.  I find it amazing that just eating like a normal human being seems like a huge jump for me, but that is the case.  I must say, I think this will go very well for me.  I will definitely keep this updated.  The advice from everyone is greatly appreciated.

Why were you eating so little in the past?  :-\
X

Matt C

• Getbig V
« Reply #107 on: August 24, 2010, 11:45:00 PM »
Why were you eating so little in the past?  :-\

I'm just not a hungry guy to be honest.  On 1200-1800 calories a day I would feel tiptop.  It might just be my imagination but I think I even feel a little more drowsy over the past couple of days as I have increased my calories.  I will find out soon enough though.  Although calorie restricted diets are very healthy, I highly doubt 3000 calories a day is seriously unhealthy.
Bodybuilding Pro.com

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #108 on: August 25, 2010, 07:25:41 AM »
that includes warmups.  I don't train to failure.  Chest gets 9 or 10 real working sets over an hour or so.  I move very slowly thru reps and I don't use insane weight.  There's no jamming, no explosion, minimal risk. 

I think incline smith bench press is way more effective than pushups.  I always feel triceps more in pushups.  My arms truly suck, so I'm sure I am stimulating chest effectively :)

I'm not saying he should bulk... he should just sloooow down, train with less weight, more sets and reps IMO. 

I'll give you the volume part if he's trying to bodybuild, but I still think those exercises are all bunk.  The smith machine is also unnatural and can cause injury.  9 or 10 sets over an hour's time seems like a waste as well.

I pretty much agree with what SPF is saying, although I didn't realize Matt didn't eat.  If he ups the food a bit, he'll see some changes.
Y

Fatpanda

• Getbig V
  • One getbigger to rule them all.
« Reply #109 on: August 25, 2010, 11:45:57 AM »
I'm just not a hungry guy to be honest.  On 1200-1800 calories a day I would feel tiptop.  It might just be my imagination but I think I even feel a little more drowsy over the past couple of days as I have increased my calories.  I will find out soon enough though.  Although calorie restricted diets are very healthy, I highly doubt 3000 calories a day is seriously unhealthy.

matt i don't know if you missed it before - slowly increase the calories or you will get fat.

i get the feeling you are trying to slam in all the food you can - like an old fashioned bulk - do not do this.

record your macros, every meal, every day, every week. Make changes of no more than 500cals at a time, and even then give it 2 weeks before you expect to see weight increase, and size/strength increase. if not add another 500cals.
175lbs by 31st July

Ursus

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #110 on: August 25, 2010, 12:05:23 PM »
Too much conflicting info.

MattC you should post a video of you benching. That way we can have a look at how you press etc.

Matt C

• Getbig V
« Reply #111 on: August 25, 2010, 02:41:26 PM »
Too much conflicting info.

MattC you should post a video of you benching. That way we can have a look at how you press etc.

I do have some videos of my previous form which I will post up for sure.
Bodybuilding Pro.com

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #112 on: August 25, 2010, 03:32:04 PM »
Matt,

Look at Wahlberg's lower inner chest connects compared to yours.  There's nothing you can do to change that, and that's why the "shelf" will never happen.  Plus, there's nothing wrong with yours in the pic anyway.

Don't waste your time with stupid isolation bodybuiding movements, you're just spinning your wheels.  Play to your strengths.

Ditto Grape Ape's reply, Matt. Some folks like Mark W. have very square looking chests while other folks, like me, do not. My lower pec muscle insertion points are spaced wide across my breast bone. It is a bummer, but it is what it is. Barring somekind of reconstructive surgery (if this is even possible) to move the insertion points closer to the center, you, I and a whole raft of other folks will just have to do the best with the genetics we were given.

Matt C

• Getbig V
« Reply #113 on: August 25, 2010, 03:36:48 PM »
My calories were probably 1200-1800 on most days although I never kept count.  I would say I am in the 2000s right now as I have been since Sunday and I feel very good.  I will not be drastically increasing my caloric intake.  I plan to get it up to 3000, but I will add more calories each week as suggested on here.  Depending on how things go, I might start to follow a very specific diet to ensure I get my macros.

Today is back day, any suggestions?
Bodybuilding Pro.com

che

• Getbig V
« Reply #114 on: August 25, 2010, 03:44:57 PM »
My calories were probably 1200-1800 on most days although I never kept count.  I would say I am in the 2000s right now as I have been since Sunday and I feel very good.  I will not be drastically increasing my caloric intake.  I plan to get it up to 3000, but I will add more calories each week as suggested on here.  Depending on how things go, I might start to follow a very specific diet to ensure I get my macros.

How long have you been working out MattC ?

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #115 on: August 25, 2010, 03:49:54 PM »

lift dogshite heavy with very good form.

deadlifts, rows (BB and dumbbell), and chins.
if it has a cable, avoid it.  Then hammer biceps, cause they should be sore anyway from all the barbell work.

Evo

• Getbig IV
  • you racku disapwin!
« Reply #116 on: August 25, 2010, 03:56:46 PM »

We have been through the calorie issue Matthew, you know what to do to increase them and your appetite!

Back training selections: deadlifts, hammer strength pull down, d/b row, straight bar wide grip front pull down.

Simple.

Matt C

• Getbig V
« Reply #117 on: August 25, 2010, 07:10:04 PM »
I really appreciate all of the support from everyone on here.  Who says that getbig is only negative?  I have been posting on here for over seven years now and I have felt that it has always been a pretty positive place.

One general question for getbig: I have not consumed any alcohol at all for over four years.  Would one glass of red wine per day be good for cardiovascular health?  My pulse is normally between 69-76 [although in the low 60s the last two times that I checked] and I would like to reduce that.  Any thoughts on this?

How long have you been working out MattC ?

Since November 2000.

lift dogshite heavy with very good form.

deadlifts, rows (BB and dumbbell), and chins.
if it has a cable, avoid it.  Then hammer biceps, cause they should be sore anyway from all the barbell work.

That's not Brock Lesnar.

We have been through the calorie issue Matthew, you know what to do to increase them and your appetite!

Back training selections: deadlifts, hammer strength pull down, d/b row, straight bar wide grip front pull down.

Simple.

2000 calories per day is clearly too much for me so soon!  I'm going to follow Bobby's advice and stick with 1750 and gradually increase them.  I am nowhere near ready for 3000 yet.  After all, basically all my life I have consumed a low caloric intake.
Bodybuilding Pro.com

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #118 on: August 25, 2010, 08:49:05 PM »
Easiest way I've seen to add calories is a cup of oats, 1 TBSP Peanut Butter and a some whey in a blender.  Easy 500 cals, especially if you don't feel like eating.
Y

Matt C

• Getbig V
« Reply #119 on: August 26, 2010, 02:04:28 AM »
Easiest way I've seen to add calories is a cup of oats, 1 TBSP Peanut Butter and a some whey in a blender.  Easy 500 cals, especially if you don't feel like eating.

Sounds great.  Evo's advice was to drink extra calories as well and I have been doing so and it has been working well.  I will give your blend a try.

I will try to jump up to the low 2000 range next week.  I think I should be able to manage that.  It bewilders me that even increasing my caloric intake to that of an average person requires me to condition my stomach.  I have never been a hungry person.  For my entire life I have always been able to function perfectly well on what would be to most people a very calorie restricted diet.

This is only my first week but I feel very good.  I really hope this works out.  My lifetime goals are:

Deadlift: 525 [best ever, 455]
Bench: 365 [best ever, 345]
Squat: 410 [best ever, not sure, but I am quite confident at least 335]

The way I see it, this gives me a 1300 total, at around 180-190 and this would be without any performance enhancing aids, whether supplements or drugs.  I should point out that my best lifts in contest have been slightly lower, but I guess I can't help if the contests take place on an off-day.  I do believe that I will be able to bring up my best lifts to 1300 in contest.  I think Layne Norton is just under 1600 right now, so if I can make those lifts at that weight, it would make me quite comparable pound-for-pound.  I honestly think these are realistic goals.  It is also my personal goal to qualify for the Ontario Strongman contest which is equivalent to a better state show.

Mark's chest at 21-22:
Bodybuilding Pro.com

Matt C

• Getbig V
« Reply #120 on: August 26, 2010, 03:03:55 PM »
This really shows that some people will have a chest no matter how skinny they are:
Bodybuilding Pro.com

Evo

• Getbig IV
  • you racku disapwin!
« Reply #121 on: August 26, 2010, 03:05:25 PM »
This really shows that some people will have a chest no matter how skinny they are:

Ya think?  ::)

Ursus

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #122 on: August 26, 2010, 03:27:09 PM »
Matt not be be a dick or anything but those numbers would put you around the 5th strongest in my gym. In a gym a mile from me there would be 10's of guys who could do better.

How on earth can you be the 8th strongest in your state?

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #123 on: August 26, 2010, 03:29:09 PM »

Deadlift: [best ever, 455]
Bench: [best ever, 345]
Squat: [best ever, not sure, but I am quite confident at least 335]

Those are really, really good numbers, excpet for the squat.

If these are your best with the caloric levels you've said your taking, then you should not give a shit what your chest looks like and continue to strength train.  Those are great lifts at that bodyweight/food level.  You owe yourself a chance to see what you really do.

Just start eating and your lifts will go up.  Have you ever used a trainer to learn proper powerlifting form?  That will make a big difference too towards  getting to your goal numbers.

Also, no more Wahlberg pics.  It's getting creepy.  ;D
Y

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #124 on: August 26, 2010, 03:30:56 PM »
Matt not be be a dick or anything but those numbers would put you around the 5th strongest in my gym. In a gym a mile from me there would be 10's of guys who could do better.

How on earth can you be the 8th strongest in your state?

You have a lot of guys in your gym who do double bodyweight benches?  That's impressive.
Y