Author Topic: Matt C. front picture.  (Read 30195 times)

Ursus

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Re: Matt C. front picture.
« Reply #125 on: August 26, 2010, 03:59:21 PM »
DBL b/w benches there are about 3. I meant guys who benched more than 335

Ursus

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #126 on: August 26, 2010, 04:02:39 PM »
One guy who can do 2x bw is around 155 an can bench around 315. Another is around 185 and can easily bench 380. Another is 175 and can do 360.

burn2live

• Getbig IV
« Reply #127 on: August 26, 2010, 04:09:40 PM »
I do flat barbell, Incline barbell, incline DB's and then weighted dips for chest.

I bench for chest and...that's about it. lol

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #128 on: August 26, 2010, 04:13:26 PM »
what kind of $ would a procedure like this run?  $5k?

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #129 on: August 26, 2010, 07:29:33 PM »
One general question for getbig: I have not consumed any alcohol at all for over four years.  Would one glass of red wine per day be good for cardiovascular health?  My pulse is normally between 69-76 [although in the low 60s the last two times that I checked] and I would like to reduce that.  Any thoughts on this?

If you don't currently drink, don't start.  Enjoy grapes for the same health effects with none of the T-dropped effects of alcohol.

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
  • Call the vet, cause these pythons are sick!
« Reply #130 on: August 26, 2010, 07:31:38 PM »
If you don't currently drink, don't start.  Enjoy grapes for the same health effects with none of the T-dropped effects of alcohol.

I thought you were straight?

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #131 on: August 26, 2010, 07:37:39 PM »
I thought you were straight?

I'm married.  You lose 40% of your T levels the minute the ring goes on your finger.  No longer possessing the ability to socially drink with skanks as foreplay for forgettable hookups, alcohol is merely a coping mechanism for me at this point.

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
  • Call the vet, cause these pythons are sick!
« Reply #132 on: August 26, 2010, 07:39:08 PM »
I'm married.  You lose 40% of your T levels the minute the ring goes on your finger.  No longer possessing the ability to socially drink with skanks as foreplay for forgettable hookups, alcohol is merely a coping mechanism for me at this point.

I was just yanking your chain, mang.......and your last line is pure gold.  ;D

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #133 on: August 29, 2010, 06:05:27 PM »
I was just yanking your chain, mang.......and your last line is pure gold.  ;D

;D

Natural Man

• Getbig V
« Reply #134 on: August 29, 2010, 07:49:47 PM »
matt if you want better looking, shaped pectorals do more dips. I used to bench and it did nothing to give a great shape or mass to my pecs. Dips improved this a lot, developing the lower part of pecs, like these models for underwears who have flat yet visible pecs.  

Dips dips dips, i tell you, do them twice a week and bench only twice a month. It also makes  outer triceps a lot more visible.

Matt C

• Getbig V
  • The White Vince Goodrum
« Reply #135 on: August 29, 2010, 09:47:09 PM »
Matt not be be a dick or anything but those numbers would put you around the 5th strongest in my gym. In a gym a mile from me there would be 10's of guys who could do better.

How on earth can you be the 8th strongest in your state?

Not in my province [the Canadian equivalent of a state], but in my city.  Over 100,000 people live in my city and a lot of people talk about how strong they are, but in contest after contest I am always placing top five in the under 200 class and top 10 overall.  There has been no exception to this so far.  I will grant that a few people could probably beat me who miss any given competition but I would still firmly place myself in the top 15 of all men in my city.  I have no reason to believe this is not the case.

If I hit:

Bench: 345
Deadlift: 525
Squat: 410

At 185 pounds, that will put me pound-for-pound where Layne Norton is at around 225-230 with these lifts:

Bench: 330
Deadlift: 700
Squat: 545

Maybe I'm being a little optimistic, but I do believe that I can hit those lifts at 185.
Bodybuilding Pro.com

Ursus

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #136 on: August 30, 2010, 11:07:29 AM »
Deadlift I would say no way. But squat and bench I do believe you could hit for sure.

My city has 275k in it and I mean seriously I see guys who are 100x stronger than me most days.

brachilius

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #137 on: August 30, 2010, 01:02:39 PM »
It is really hard to determine what your goals are based on all of the posts in this thread.  If you are a "hardgainer", which it appears you are, you need to up your calories tremendously.  1200 a day is good for a child...not someone trying to compete in power lifting.  I am a hardgainer and have been one my entire life.  I started lifting at 18 years old at 6'2" and 145lbs.  I played basketball and was alsways told muscle was not good for the game.  Speaking from my experience of 15 years of lifting, more is not better when you are a hardgainer.  The best routine for me, for adding size and strength, centered around three workouts a week.  Chest and tris are trained together...chest first.  The second workout is back and bis...back first.  Final workout is legs and shoulders.  The added rest of four days per week really lets the muscles heal.  240 had good advice when he advocated dips.  They will build and strech your chest.  Plus, they are an excellent transition into working tris.  My split is as follows

Monday                                           Wednesday                                 Saturday
Flat Bench                                       Bent over rows                            Squats
Incline Bench                                   Dead Lifts                                   Leg Extensions
Dumbell Flies                                    Chin Ups                                     Leg Curls
Dips                                               Seated row                                 Calf raises
Skull crushers                                   Standing ez bar curl                     Military press
overhead extensions                          preachers                                    lateral raises
                                                                                                     upright rows
With this type of split...you have your compound movements all accounted for.  That is extremely important for a hardgainer.  I try to eat at least 4 food meals a day.  That is different then supplements.  Remember...supplements are used to supplement your diet.  They should not make up your entire diet.  Also...I believe milk should be a big part of any hardgainer's diet.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #138 on: August 30, 2010, 01:06:12 PM »
Bench: 345
Deadlift: 525
Squat: 410

I think it's all in how we're built.  I have some long ass arms and strong legs.  Even as a skinny twinketh, I can squat 315 to just-above-parallel for reps, and I can deadlift 405 for reps.  But bench, I can't get close to that shit... 245 for 5 reps, maybe?

And it's not all that much - there are way stronger guys lifting when I am in there.

Matt C

• Getbig V
« Reply #139 on: August 30, 2010, 04:34:58 PM »
Deadlift I would say no way. But squat and bench I do believe you could hit for sure.

My city has 275k in it and I mean seriously I see guys who are 100x stronger than me most days.

Not where I am.  There are guys who I would say are legitimately strong - 2 of the top 6 in the province live here - but not as strong as people claim to be on the boards.

My deadlift goal will be harder than I thought but I do think 475 is still around the corner.  500+ would be very nice.
Bodybuilding Pro.com

NaturalWonder83

• Getbig V
« Reply #140 on: August 30, 2010, 04:51:39 PM »
ok!
w

Natural Man

• Getbig V
« Reply #141 on: August 30, 2010, 06:11:37 PM »
you get greatly shaped muscles when you train em often, not because you train with heavy weights. The "sculpting " part is due to constant repetition, not  the use of heavy weights.

Matt C

• Getbig V
« Reply #142 on: August 31, 2010, 04:10:26 AM »

Grapes really have the same benefits?  That is what someone else told me last week [grape juice is equivalent] but his reasons for being against alcohol were pretty irrational.  He told me it would be "unnatural" as if chemotherapy drugs or any medicine for that matter is "natural".

you get greatly shaped muscles when you train em often, not because you train with heavy weights. The "sculpting " part is due to constant repetition, not  the use of heavy weights.

I hope I can do it.  My chest isn't really small, just lacking the shelf shape.  It may be in part due to condition though, at least I am hoping, because I honestly do not think it would be a problem at all to get to under 10% body fat.  The first picture that I posted above is the fattest I have been in my entire life.  It would be very nice to believe that cutting body fat would help here so I may just have to go on a cutting diet if other approaches don't work.  So far so good.
Bodybuilding Pro.com

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #143 on: August 31, 2010, 06:20:46 AM »
I hope I can do it.  My chest isn't really small, just lacking the shelf shape

Which it always will.

I don't get this muscles shaping stuff.  The muscle's ultimate shape is predetermined - the attachment points don't move.  Doing different exercises isn't going to change that.

Also, if you're avoiding one glass of wine because you think it might have any affect on your build at all, you're crazy.
Y

Matt C

• Getbig V
« Reply #144 on: August 31, 2010, 10:46:55 PM »
Which it always will.

I don't get this muscles shaping stuff.  The muscle's ultimate shape is predetermined - the attachment points don't move.  Doing different exercises isn't going to change that.

Also, if you're avoiding one glass of wine because you think it might have any affect on your build at all, you're crazy.

I have accepted that it will always be a weak point, but I'm going to try to see where this new program takes me.

Regarding the wine, I want to drink one glass per day for good health, although some people are saying I should not.  The medical literature indicates it is a good idea though.
Bodybuilding Pro.com

Master Blaster

• Getbig V
  • Not sure if getbig full of trolls or trolls getbig
« Reply #145 on: September 01, 2010, 06:40:13 AM »
I have accepted that it will always be a weak point, but I'm going to try to see where this new program takes me.

Regarding the wine, I want to drink one glass per day for good health, although some people are saying I should not.  The medical literature indicates it is a good idea though.

::)

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #146 on: September 01, 2010, 06:45:05 AM »

Regarding the wine, I want to drink one glass per day for good health, although some people are saying I should not. 

There's nothing wrong with the wine.  Have two a night if you want.
Y

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #147 on: September 01, 2010, 06:48:25 AM »
There's nothing wrong with the wine.  Have two a  bottle a night if you want.

Fixed.

Tito24

• Getbig V
  • I'm a large man but.. one with a plan
« Reply #148 on: September 01, 2010, 08:38:26 AM »

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
« Reply #149 on: September 01, 2010, 12:04:09 PM »
There's nothing wrong with the wine.  Have two a night if you want.
Nothing wrong with cocaine either......shoot up a few grams per day.

ALL DRUGS SHOULD BE LEGALIZED MATT !!  :)