Author Topic: It's bush's fault...really...  (Read 4079 times)

tonymctones

• Getbig V
It's bush's fault...really...
« on: August 24, 2010, 12:31:58 AM »
Ive seen this time and time again liberals blaming bush for the economic down turn...

and ive asked time and time again mal, straw, 240 etc...what exactly bush did to contribute to the meltdown...

never with an answer....

so I decided to start this thread for you guys...what exactly did bush do to create this meltdown?

neurotoxin I know you feel justified so maybe you will grace us with your genius...

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
Re: It's bush's fault...really...
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2010, 04:26:10 AM »
Little-known fact: Obama's failed stimulus program cost more than the Iraq war
By: Mark Tapscott
Editorial Page Editor
08/23/10 11:32 AM EDT

www.washingtonexaminer.c om
________________________ ________________________ ________________________

Expect to hear a lot about how much the Iraq war cost in the days ahead from Democrats worried about voter wrath against their unprecedented spending excesses.

The meme is simple: The economy is in a shambles because of Bush's economic policies and his war in Iraq. As American Thinker's Randall Hoven points out, that's the message being peddled by lefties as diverse as former Clinton political strategist James Carville, economist Joseph Stiglitz, and The Nation's Washington editor, Christopher Hayes.

The key point in the mantra is an alleged $3 trillion cost for the war. Well, it was expensive to be sure, in both blood and treasure, but, as Hoven notes, the CBO puts the total cost at $709 billion. To put that figure in the proper context of overall spending since the war began in 2003, Hoven provides this handy CBO chart showing the portion of the annual deficit attributable to the conflict:

But there is much more to be said of this data and Hoven does an admirable job of summarizing the highlights of such an analysis:

* Obama's stimulus, passed in his first month in office, will cost more than the entire Iraq War -- more than $100 billion (15%) more.

* Just the first two years of Obama's stimulus cost more than the entire cost of the Iraq War under President Bush, or six years of that war.

* Iraq War spending accounted for just 3.2% of all federal spending while it lasted.

* Iraq War spending was not even one quarter of what we spent on Medicare in the same time frame.

* Iraq War spending was not even 15% of the total deficit spending in that time frame. The cumulative deficit, 2003-2010, would have been four-point-something trillion dollars with or without the Iraq War.

* The Iraq War accounts for less than 8% of the federal debt held by the public at the end of 2010 ($9.031 trillion).

* During Bush's Iraq years, 2003-2008, the federal government spent more on education that it did on the Iraq War. (State and local governments spent about ten times more.)

Just some handy facts to recall during coming weeks as Obama and his congressional Democratic buddies get more desperate to put the blame for their spending policies on Bush and the war in Iraq. For more from Hoven, go here.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2010, 08:35:02 AM »
Ive seen this time and time again liberals blaming bush for the economic down turn...

and ive asked time and time again mal, straw, 240 etc...what exactly bush did to contribute to the meltdown...

never with an answer....

so I decided to start this thread for you guys...what exactly did bush do to create this meltdown?

neurotoxin I know you feel justified so maybe you will grace us with your genius...
bumpty bump bump bump

come on guys surely this is an easy answer for you...I mean obama must have sent you guys something in an email in regards to this right?

blacken, straw, mal, 240?

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2010, 08:36:09 AM »
bumpty bump bump bump

come on guys surely this is an easy answer for you...I mean obama must have sent you guys something in an email in regards to this right?

blacken, straw, mal, 240?

Don't expect anything remotely coherent or compelling from this bunch.   

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2010, 08:46:43 AM »
Ive already said...Bush did absolutley ZERO for the Economy to take a dump. The Economy didnt take a dip until November 5th 2008...True story...
Bush's administration kept the surplus and everything was good.

BM OUT

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2010, 08:49:47 AM »
Ive already said...Bush did absolutley ZERO for the Economy to take a dump. The Economy didnt take a dip until November 5th 2008...True story...

Not quite.The economy tanked THE DAY Nancy Pelosi took office.Before that Bush had 52 consecutive months of job growth,which is 52 more then Imam Obama will have in his entire term.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2010, 08:55:40 AM »

Actually things started getting worse once Pelosi took over. 

The swamp is going to get drained in November. 

dario73

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2010, 10:15:39 AM »

There was never a surplus. That is a myth created by Clinton's cabinet. This has been proven time and time again on this board.

Are you really studying to be a doctor?

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
« Reply #8 on: August 24, 2010, 10:20:43 AM »
There was never a surplus. That is a myth created by Clinton's cabinet. This has been proven time and time again on this board.

I always thought it was proven time and time again that there was a surplus.  Maybe i didn't read further enough?

dario73

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #9 on: August 24, 2010, 10:23:31 AM »
I always thought it was proven time and time again that there was a surplus.  Maybe i didn't read further enough?

Maybe you didn't read. Period.

Just copied and pasted nonsense.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: August 24, 2010, 10:24:00 AM »
LOL weak attempt

the surplus has nothing to do with the economic down turn...

from what alot of lefties many on this board have said bush policies lead this country of a cliff...

so what bush policies exactly contributed to the country being driven of the cliff?

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: August 24, 2010, 10:34:58 AM »
Maybe you didn't read. Period.

Just copied and pasted nonsense.

No need to get snippy jack ass.  It's a simple question.  If you can't show it, fine. 

dario73

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #12 on: August 24, 2010, 10:35:56 AM »
so what bush policies exactly contributed to the country being driven of the cliff?

Good luck with getting an answer.  Neurotoxin, whatever his name is, started his 401k thread blaming Bush for the economy. I asked him the same question and he told me not to politicize the thread.  Still waiting for him to explain how Bush destroyed the economy and why he is solely to blame.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: August 24, 2010, 10:36:49 AM »
No need to get snippy jack ass.  It's a simple question.  If you can't show it, fine. 

Kazan has posted about this endlessly.  There never was a surplus.  It was an accounting gimmick for one year in the heirght of the Dot Com bubble that never materialized. 

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #14 on: August 24, 2010, 10:37:43 AM »

What do my studies have to do with this?

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: August 24, 2010, 10:42:26 AM »

LOL mal what does a surplus have to do with the economy melting down and what bush did to cause it?

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: August 24, 2010, 10:42:52 AM »

Someone with such a level of education as you have should know better by now than to support some of the crap coming from this Admn that you do.  

dario73

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #17 on: August 24, 2010, 10:43:16 AM »

Are you related to Al Gore. Same comment he used for Bush when he would not admit defeat. How original.

I and other posters showed on other threads findings from INDEPENDENT sources, even people from that time who worked with that budget that clearly showed there was no surplus. Not only that but the operating budget for the government is one thing, the national economy is something else.

You go back and look for it.

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #18 on: August 24, 2010, 10:48:53 AM »
LOL mal what does a surplus have to do with the economy melting down and what bush did to cause it?

As far as the economy..i didnt say it was all bushs fault..Actually im fucking with 333 when im sarcastic..Because he blames everything wrong on the "Obama Admin" like when he posted the shit that suicides were up because of obama. Shit like that.

I think the laxed oversight of Wallstreet had a part to play. As well as dems saying every moe dick and larry should get a home loan.

But i dont think that obama created the fucked up ecomony either.

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #19 on: August 24, 2010, 10:49:48 AM »
Someone with such a level of education as you have should know better by now than to support some of the crap coming from this Admn that you do.  

So because I dont agree with your political beliefs my level of education has to be questioned?

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: August 24, 2010, 10:50:31 AM »
Are you related to Al Gore. Same comment he used for Bush when he would not admit defeat. How original.

I and other posters showed on other threads findings from INDEPENDENT sources, even people from that time who worked with that budget that clearly showed there was no surplus. Not only that but the operating budget for the government is one thing, the national economy is something else.

You go back and look for it.

I'll take that as a "no, I won't."

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: August 24, 2010, 10:51:17 AM »
As far as the economy..i didnt say it was all bushs fault..Actually im fucking with 333 when im sarcastic..Because he blames everything wrong on the "Obama Admin" like when he posted the shit that suicides were up because of obama. Shit like that.

I think the laxed oversight of Wallstreet had a part to play. As well as dems saying every moe dick and larry should get a home loan.

But i dont think that obama created the fucked up ecomony either.

I blame obama for turning a bad situation FAR worse based on ideology alone.    

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: August 24, 2010, 10:53:58 AM »
My biggest beef with BUSH was the Iraq war.  As for the economy, both parties rode the housing wave and did nothing. 

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #23 on: August 24, 2010, 10:56:08 AM »
I blame obama for turning a bad situation FAR worse based on ideology alone.    

im sure

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
« Reply #24 on: August 24, 2010, 10:56:22 AM »
Ask Clinton who gave Wall St. the opportunity to act like unchecked assholes?  :D