Author Topic: Are your parents still alive?  (Read 13844 times)

sync pulse

• Getbig V
  • Only be sure always to call it please, 'research'
Re: Are your parents still alive?
« Reply #50 on: August 24, 2010, 01:47:18 PM »
Two things about parents passing;
One: If you are laid off from your job and you are providing 1000 to 1500 dollars a month to keep an infirm mother in decent assisted living (in addition to her social security)...nothing will break you financially faster or more assuredly...to add insult to injury...not one cent was deductible,...not even the 4,400 dollars worth of dental work she needed.

Two: My mother when she had her health, was emotionally abusive to me to the EXTREME even as an adult...When I was a minor child she emotionally abused me to a point just short of suicide EVERY DAY.  (Other kids never came over because they feared her) But you will forget what she did temporarily as you concentrate on how in the world you can keep this up,...then she passes...and as time goes by you forget her infirmity, and you start to remember just what an asshole she was to you, and you get bitter and angry.

My experience...

Butterbean

• Getbig V
« Reply #51 on: August 25, 2010, 06:13:27 AM »
One: If you are laid off from your job and you are providing 1000 to 1500 dollars a month to keep an infirm mother in decent assisted living (in addition to her social security)...nothing will break you financially faster or more assuredly...to add insult to injury...not one cent was deductible,...not even the 4,400 dollars worth of dental work she needed.

Two: My mother when she had her health, was emotionally abusive to me to the EXTREME even as an adult...When I was a minor child she emotionally abused me to a point just short of suicide EVERY DAY.  (Other kids never came over because they feared her) But you will forget what she did temporarily as you concentrate on how in the world you can keep this up,...then she passes...and as time goes by you forget her infirmity, and you start to remember just what an asshole she was to you, and you get bitter and angry.

My experience...

:(   Is she still alive?

R

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #52 on: August 25, 2010, 07:17:50 AM »

My experience...

I think you are a better man than  I... IF my mother was abusive to me to the extreme to the point I contemplated suicide every day, I don't think I would have paid a dime...   

sync pulse

• Getbig V
« Reply #53 on: August 25, 2010, 08:14:46 PM »
:(   Is she still alive?

She passed July 1, 2009 5:47 pm...

Flexb

• Getbig IV
  • word
« Reply #54 on: August 25, 2010, 08:47:47 PM »
mom still alive. father stepped out after I was born then was killed before I was 2.

One thing that still haunts me is when my brother was gunned down in our driveway. I still remember running outside while my sister held him as he moaned both covered in blood that night. I remember it like yesterday.

That's rough. Sounds like Boyz in the Hood.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #55 on: August 25, 2010, 09:23:14 PM »
I lost my father 24 years ago and still have a hard time with it.

James Blunt

• Getbig IV
« Reply #56 on: August 25, 2010, 10:21:17 PM »
serious reply here

You are worried because,like almost everyone else ... spiritually you are infantile. Meaning, there's a really small child within you that stopped growing at a very youg age as your body kept developing.
  That child needs nurture and affection "to grow up" just like you did. When that is complete the emotional ties with the biological parents automatically dematerialize.
  Until then you will continue to "feel the need" to be "nurtured" by your parents. Normally, your relationship with them should evolve into a friendship as you pass your teen years and become an "adult".
  Also, most mindpatterns are defined in the childhood through them as they are the closest to you and you create things you need to correct.
 The mindpatterns you have created via your parents, need to be eliminated, and replaced with whatever you desire for yourself. This is why you came into this life.

So: you need to "grow the child within", and eliminate all mindpatterns initiated by your parents, and reflected by others throughout your life.

I'll give you a quick example : you are really small..and your mom abandones you. It can be literally, or as simple as her not being attentive to you right at the moment you needed it. So you created yourself this mindpattern with the scope to learn to correct it. So later on you keep attracting people, parteners, relationships or situations where you feel " abandoned " one way or another. You need to eliminate it first the energetic imprinting at the source, then all the negativity attracted and reflected by others.

etc .. there are many of them.

On the other hand Bay, you need to respect your parents and what they chose to experience in their respective lives, good or bad, and realize that physical death is just a transgression of the soul personality to other realms and experiences. In actuality, desincarnated THEY ARE CLOSER TO YOU THAN EVER and you can contact them at any time. If they consider that it's appropriate, they'll answer depending on what is their focus at that particular time.

They will go when they consider it is TIME for them to go, and you better come to terms with your relationhip before that moment, as it will be harder after, but still doable.

Let me know if you understand this.
great post!

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
« Reply #57 on: August 26, 2010, 04:26:45 AM »
Both dead and they did not write Beethoven`s Ninth Symphony.  >:(

Death smiles at us all, all we can do is smile back.  :)

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #58 on: August 26, 2010, 05:19:18 AM »
Both dead and they did not write Beethoven`s Ninth Symphony.  >:(

Death smiles at us all, all we can do is smile back.  :)
But were you entertained?    ;D

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #59 on: August 26, 2010, 05:57:57 AM »
But were you entertained?    ;D
Of course!
Afterall,
I`m just here for the food.

Big Worm

• Getbig IV
  • Really ? You finished turd my flend? Maricon..
« Reply #60 on: August 26, 2010, 06:24:39 AM »
Are your parents still alive?  If so, have you thought about how you will manage (emotionally) once they are gone?

If not, how long did it take you to emotionally recover?  Do you ever really recover?  One friend said his spouse “got me through it” and that he couldn’t have done it without her.  Another friend said looking at his own children every day made it possible… but it still hurt after all these years.  One said he felt like an orphan once his parents died.  Another said even the sun seemed a little dimmer since he lost his mom.

I don’t have many fears, but I confess losing my parents is one fear I live with… because I know it is going to happen and there is nothing one can do about it.  I remember when my grandmother died; she was the sweetest woman in my world.  It took me about four years to “get over” it and I was just a kid.  I can’t imagine going through that again.  :'(

I don’t need my parents for financial support, but I can’t imagine life without them.  As I get older, more and more of my friends’ parents are dying and each time it happens I can hear the grim reaper in my head saying “you’re next.”  :o
Yes,my parents are still alive..  I think about their health often,and it worries me.. They're in their 70's. My parents helped me out so much,and believe,if they weren't as tough on me as they were ,i would not be here,or have as much as i have.. My mother and father own their own business,and made me work long hrs.to help keep things going.. I hit my teens and rebelled..My parents left me to do what I wanted,left me to make my own choices... I got my girlfriend(now wife)pregnant.. I moved in with my mom in law(passed last wk.p.i.p.).. My mom was disappointed,and told me ,a real man does the right thing and does what he needs to do to provide for his family..So I started working for my family again.. Just made enough to pay for formula, diapers,and train fare.. Mom paid for college(in full). I graduated,and mom told me she had been putting money in a bank account from the 1st check until now! That was the money I used (20yrs.ago) to purchase my 1st home and start my own business.. Wether my parents did this for me or not...I owe them everything.. I worked for scraps(so I thought),but did what I needed to do to feed and clothe my child,and help my family out,and in the end,I received the best gift,one could have prayed for.. I learned to work hard and never complain love,honor and be loyal to those that are loyal to me.. Sorry for the long post,but we're talking about Mommy and daddy..!?

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #61 on: August 26, 2010, 06:27:14 AM »
Of course!
Afterall,
I`m just here for the food.
'I tell you, we are here on Earth to fart around, and don't let anybody tell you different.' - K. Vonnegut   :)

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #62 on: August 26, 2010, 06:43:15 AM »
'I tell you, we are here on Earth to fart around, and don't let anybody tell you different.' - K. Vonnegut   :)

[When Vonnegut tells his wife he's going out to buy an envelope] Oh, she says, well, you're not a poor man. You know, why don't you go online and buy a hundred envelopes and put them in the closet? And so I pretend not to hear her. And go out to get an envelope because I'm going to have a hell of a good time in the process of buying one envelope. I meet a lot of people. And, see some great looking babes. And a fire engine goes by. And I give them the thumbs up. And, and ask a woman what kind of dog that is. And, and I don't know. The moral of the story is, is we're here on Earth to fart around. And, of course, the computers will do us out of that. And, what the computer people don't realize, or they don't care, is we're dancing animals. You know, we love to move around. And, we're not supposed to dance at all anymore.

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #63 on: August 26, 2010, 07:02:11 AM »
Yes,my parents are still alive..  I think about their health often,and it worries me.. They're in their 70's. My parents helped me out so much,and believe,if they weren't as tough on me as they were ,i would not be here,or have as much as i have.. My mother and father own their own business,and made me work long hrs.to help keep things going.. I hit my teens and rebelled..My parents left me to do what I wanted,left me to make my own choices... I got my girlfriend(now wife)pregnant.. I moved in with my mom in law(passed last wk.p.i.p.).. My mom was disappointed,and told me ,a real man does the right thing and does what he needs to do to provide for his family..So I started working for my family again.. Just made enough to pay for formula, diapers,and train fare.. Mom paid for college(in full). I graduated,and mom told me she had been putting money in a bank account from the 1st check until now! That was the money I used (20yrs.ago) to purchase my 1st home and start my own business.. Wether my parents did this for me or not...I owe them everything.. I worked for scraps(so I thought),but did what I needed to do to feed and clothe my child,and help my family out,and in the end,I received the best gift,one could have prayed for.. I learned to work hard and never complain love,honor and be loyal to those that are loyal to me.. Sorry for the long post,but we're talking about Mommy and daddy..!?
This, that is highlighted, is what good parents do for their children

K-1

• Getbig IV
  • TEAM NO MERCY!!!
« Reply #64 on: August 26, 2010, 07:08:29 AM »
Sounds like a nice neighbourhood you live in.

wasn't the best....and this was a step up moving from the Projects.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #65 on: August 26, 2010, 07:49:49 AM »
wasn't the best....and this was a step up moving from the Projects.
What, in your best estimation, caused your extreme poverty?  I am curious as to how this came to be.

K-1

• Getbig IV
  • TEAM NO MERCY!!!
« Reply #66 on: August 26, 2010, 08:12:48 AM »
What, in your best estimation, caused your extreme poverty?  I am curious as to how this came to be.

There was no cause. It was my starting point (the way I see it)....and I never once felt I lived in poverty b/c of how I was brought up.

poverty (imo) was not extreme(not even close). I was always told to be grateful no matter what....there are always people a lot worse off (third world countries..etc) therefore I never felt I lived in TRUE poverty. I was taught as long as you had food, shelter, clothes on your back you are miles ahead of others who don't.

MORTALCOIL

• Getbig V
« Reply #67 on: August 26, 2010, 08:15:19 AM »
There was no cause. It was my starting point (the way I see it)....and I never once felt I lived in poverty b/c of how I was brought up.

poverty (imo) was not extreme(not even close). I was always told to be grateful no matter what....there are always people a lot worse off (third world countries..etc) therefore I never felt I lived in TRUE poverty. I was taught as long as you had food, shelter, clothes on your back you are miles ahead of others who don't.

And that's the majority on this planet. Just came back from Africa. Talk about poor.

K-1

• Getbig IV
  • TEAM NO MERCY!!!
« Reply #68 on: August 26, 2010, 08:16:04 AM »
That's rough. Sounds like Boyz in the Hood.

Yes, it does. It happens daily in our streets of america. I recall the detective said to my mom..you see it on the news and tv, but it doesn't hit home until it's one of your own and you are the news that day.

K-1

• Getbig IV
  • TEAM NO MERCY!!!
« Reply #69 on: August 26, 2010, 08:22:07 AM »
And that's the majority on this planet. Just came back from Africa. Talk about poor.

Yes. It's pretty rough over there. When I was in the service, I saw first hand what true poverty was. It put everything I was taught to believe in perspective.

Big Worm

• Getbig IV
  • Really ? You finished turd my flend? Maricon..
« Reply #70 on: August 26, 2010, 03:06:42 PM »
This, that is highlighted, is what good parents do for their children
I agree,and appreciate them.. So scared to lose them.. Even now,when thing's get a little funky for me,I call mommy,and she still knows what to say to make my boo boo go away.. LOL! We never went on Vacations,or parks.. We worked all the time. But had dinner together everyday. Mom hated owing,she busted her ass and saved her money,every cent! Paid for her house,and factory as quick as she got the money... My sister passed early in life,and my mom took my nephew in and raised him. My mom is awesome!

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
  • DON'T BE A TRAITOR TO YOUR TRIBE
« Reply #71 on: August 26, 2010, 06:47:00 PM »
He's 82 and you'll be devastated when he dies christ. Stop being such a drama queen, It sucks we have to die, but anyone dieing after age 70 is nothing to get choked up about. It's the natural life cycle, it's said when people loose there parents when there in their mid fifties. I nearly lost my mom to cancer 2 years ago at 46 and my dad 4 years ago at 45, I'm the luckiest mutherfucker alive because it's one in 1000 odds that neither of them is dead and their fine now.
However two of my best friends growing up lost their dads before the end of highschool, another will be dead before he's 50. This is real life anyone after 50 is on borrowed time.

Sewer rat might taste like pumpkin pie but if you were forced to eat it, it would still fuck with your head.

sync pulse

• Getbig V
« Reply #72 on: September 01, 2010, 03:04:14 PM »
An addendum to my mother passing;

In the days just before she died she lay in her death bed staring at the ceiling as if watching or seeing something.  She would speak as if she was seeing someone or something.  Sometimes using a proper name.  The nurse said, 'She's talking to people that have passed on,...I see this all the time."

In the few hours before she died she called out some names, her brother, my dad, and several other relatives...and she called out, " Where are you taking me?"...She passed a couple of hours later without saying anything further...

Butterbean

• Getbig V
« Reply #73 on: September 01, 2010, 03:30:48 PM »
My mom is awesome!

:)

An addendum to my mother passing;

In the days just before she died she lay in her death bed staring at the ceiling as if watching or seeing something.  She would speak as if she was seeing someone or something.  Sometimes using a proper name.  The nurse said, 'She's talking to people that have passed on,...I see this all the time."

In the few hours before she died she called out some names, her brother, my dad, and several other relatives...and she called out, " Where are you taking me?"...She passed a couple of hours later without saying anything further...

Wow!  I've heard stories like this too.
R

Lundgren

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Banned
« Reply #74 on: September 01, 2010, 09:21:40 PM »
 Since last looking at this thread 2 weeks ago my a family friend died at 55, on sundaymorning. He got sick and died 6 days after being admitted to hospital. Almost ironic considering my views on anyone after 55 being fair game.