Author Topic: DEA looking for Ebonics Translators, WTF!  (Read 5693 times)

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
DEA looking for Ebonics Translators, WTF!
« on: August 24, 2010, 03:42:22 PM »
This shows how out of touch the US government and it's agencies are with the general public, and pop culture. They want "Ebonics" translators for drug wiretapping. So basically they want "slang" decoders, because there is no such thing as Ebonics.

If one even listens to Hip-hop, knows drug lingo, references...then they can figure out what they are saying...the DEA needs to know that "Keys (kilos) open doors" and that "pushing weight" is not always about dumbells...http://www.cnn.com/2010/US/08/24/dea.ebonics/index.html

G_Thang

• Getbig V
  • The World South of the USA isnt for pussies!
Re: DEA looking for Ebonics Translators, WTF!
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2010, 03:49:35 PM »
what a joke north america has become?

decode this douchebags.

Ex Coelis

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2010, 03:56:12 PM »
maybe the general public should learn to speak English?

CC973

• Getbig III
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2010, 04:10:47 PM »
lol.  Ebonics is not slang.   Ebonics is a dialect, some linguists even classify it as a seperate language, it has its own rules and structure.
Slang is just some random made up words or phrases that are usually gain or lose popularity pretty quickly.

~UN_$ung~

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Been real, been nice...but it hasnt been Real Nice
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2010, 04:11:07 PM »
This shows how out of touch the US government and it's agencies are with the general public, and pop culture. They want "Ebonics" translators for drug wiretapping. So basically they want "slang" decoders, because there is no such thing as Ebonics.

If one even listens to Hip-hop, knows drug lingo, references...then they can figure out what they are saying...the DEA needs to know that "Keys (kilos) open doors" and that "pushing weight" is not always about dumbells...http://www.cnn.com/2010/US/08/24/dea.ebonics/index.html

according to the black community there is such as thing as ebonics: it was fought for in the courts....

.......and i think your being a little coy, you know as a black man, that there is a sizable portion of the black population that takes great pride in how far they could distort modify the english language,........ and how unrecognizable they could make it to white people

Original Oakland Resolution on Ebonics

RESOLUTION OF THE BOARD OF EDUCATION ADOPTING THE REPORT AND RECOMMENDATIONS OF THE AFRICAN-AMERICAN TASK FORCE; A POLICY STATEMENT AND DIRECTING THE SUPERINTENDENT OF SCHOOLS TO DEVISE A PROGRAM TO IMPROVE THE ENGLISH LANGUAGE ACQUISITION AND APPLICATION SKILLS OF AFRICAN-AMERICAN STUDENTS.

No. $597-0063'

Whereas, numerous validated scholarly studies demonstrate that African American students as part of their culture and history as African people possess and utilize a language described in various scholarly approaches as ``Ebonics'' (literally Black sounds) or Pan African Communication Behaviors or African Language Systems; and

Whereas, these studies have also demonstrated that African Language Systems are genetically-based and not a dialect of English; and

Whereas, these studies demonstrate that such West and guy-Congo African languages have been officially recognized and addressed in the mainstream public educational community as worth of study, understanding or application of its principles, laws and structures for the benefit of African American students both in terms of positive appreciation of the language and these students' acquisition and mastery of English language skills; and

Whereas, such recognition by scholars has given rise over the past 15 years to legislation passed by the State of California recognizing the unique language stature of descendants of slaves, with such legislation being prejudicially and unconstitutionally vetoed repeatedly by various California state governors; and

Whereas, judicial cases in states other than California have recognized the unique language stature of African American pupils, and such recognition by courts has resulted in court-mandated educational programs which have substantially benefitted African American children in the interest of vindicating their equal protection of the law rights under the 14th Amendment to the United States Constitution; and

Whereas, the Federal Bilingual Education Act (20 USC 1402 et seq.) mandates that local educational agencies ``build their capacities to establish, implement and sustain programs of instruction for children and youth of limited English proficiency,'' and

Whereas, the interests of the Oakland Unified School District in providing equal opportunities for all of its students dictate limited English proficient educational programs recognizing the English language acquisition and improvement skills of African American students are as fundamental as is application of bilingual education principles for others whose primary languages are other than English; and

Whereas, the standardized tests and grade scores of African American students in reading and language art skills measuring their application of English skills are substantially below state and national norms and that such deficiencies will be remedied by application of a program featuring African Language Systems principles in instructing African American children both in their primary language and in English, and

Whereas, standardized tests and grade scores will be remedied by application of a program with teachers and aides who are certified in the methodology of featuring African Language Systems principles in instructing African American children both in their primary language and in English. The certified teachers of these students will be provided incentives including, but not limited to salary differentials,

Now, therefore, be it resolved that the Board of Education officially recognizes the existence and the cultural and historic bases of West and guy-Congo African Language Systems, and each language as the predominantly primary language of African American students; and

Be it further resolved that the Board of Education hereby adopts the report recommendations and attached Policy Statement of the District's African American Task Force on language stature of African American speech; and

Be it further resolved that the Superintendent in conjunction with her staff shall immediately devise and implement the best possible academic program for imparting instruction to African American students in their primary language for the combined purposes of maintaining the legitimacy and richness of such language whether it is known as ``Ebonics,'' ``African Language Systems,'' ``Pan African Communication Behaviors'' or other description, and to facilitate their acquisition and mastery of English language skills; and

Be it further resolved that the Board of Education hereby commits to earmark District general and special funding as is reasonably necessary and appropriate to enable the Superintendent and her staff to accomplish the foregoing; and

Be it further resolved that the Superintendent and her staff shall utilize the input of the entire Oakland educational community as well as state and federal scholarly and educational input in devising such a program; and

Be it further resolved, that periodic reports on the progress of the creation and implementation of such an educational program shall be made to Board of Education at least once per month commencing at the Board meeting of December 18, 1996.

POLICY STATEMENT

There is persuasive empirical evidence that, predicated on analysis of the phonology, morphology and syntax that currently exists as systematic, rule governed and predictable patterns exist in the grammar of African-American speech. The v

Parker

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2010, 04:12:37 PM »
maybe the general public should learn to speak English?

Hip hop slang is evolution of Jazz slang (IMHO), add in regional slang, hell even people in the deep or rural south talk differently than those in the suburbs or city...

Any culture, subculture, whatever has it's own slang, and dealing drugs, stripping, pimping, all those have their own "slang"

Parker

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2010, 04:19:12 PM »
Un~Sung,  black people of North America are over 200 hrs displaced from Africa, what ever fucked up liberal ass study that was done to suggest that having slang is "genetic" based is pure and utterly stupid. Especially after that study that white dude did who said it was related to Swahili, WTF! Swahili is East African, and W. Africans have diff genetics, so therefore that dismisses the genetic thing...

I swear I could do a study that states that women who wear crotchless panties are more likely to get pregnant than those who wear granny panties and girdles.

~UN_$ung~

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2010, 04:30:03 PM »
Un~Sung,  black people of North America are over 200 hrs displaced from Africa, what ever fucked up liberal ass study that was done to suggest that having slang is "genetic" based is pure and utterly stupid. Especially after that study that white dude did who said it was related to Swahili, WTF! Swahili is East African, and W. Africans have diff genetics, so therefore that dismisses the genetic thing...

I swear I could do a study that states that women who wear crotchless panties are more likely to get pregnant than those who wear granny panties and girdles.

im not saying i agree with it.........im saying that black people fought for ebonics, not white people........its what you (as in your race) wanted

and its an obvious badge of honor on the street to see who could mutate and rearrange the english language in the most unique and inventive ways

my point is, you cant say it doesnt exist.....it does,,,,,,i dont know what he fuck some of the people i pass by in the street are sayign

TacoBell

• Getbig V
  • Team FTN
« Reply #8 on: August 24, 2010, 04:37:58 PM »
I hope to be alive to witness the demolition of the DEA.

benchmstr

• Getbig V
  • Raging drunk
« Reply #9 on: August 24, 2010, 05:23:48 PM »

bro, they were doing this years ago when i was with them.....my lead supervisor said one day "we need to crack down on these bastards who get high on steroids and destroy cities"...

....they are completley out of touch.....our whole basic training course was nothing but fear mongering with some law sprinkled in...

I hope to be alive to witness the demolition of the DEA.
agreed...

bench

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
  • Call the vet, cause these pythons are sick!
« Reply #10 on: August 24, 2010, 06:11:01 PM »
I'm just always amazed that blacks almost always insist on correctly pronouncing aunt.......but here is the problem in sentence form....

"I stay over at my aunt's (pronounced correctly).  On 8th Skreet.....now don't axe me no more questions...yo"

benchmstr

• Getbig V
  • Raging drunk
« Reply #11 on: August 24, 2010, 06:16:56 PM »
I'm just always amazed that blacks almost always insist on correctly pronouncing aunt.......but here is the problem in sentence form....

"I stay over at my aunt's (pronounced correctly).  On 8th Skreet.....now don't axe me no more questions...yo"
they dont do that shit one on one.....if they are by themselfs they talk right......my partner is black...when he shows up to a seen and starts questioning someone with me....the ebonics comes out....my partner has no fucking clue what there saying usually either...

and white folks are the same way.....when i was a teenager, and me and my group left texas for shooting matches none of us had texas accents.....but when we got to colorado, georgia, new york...or anywhere oversea's....2 of the jerkoffs in the  group would suddenly develop a texas accent out of nowhere...it was the same 2 guys everytime...

bench

disturbia

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: August 24, 2010, 06:18:38 PM »
Parker I will take a pic of the guys garage at his house who I work for when Im not lazy and useless

it has--3 Mercedes AMG G55's; Lexus SC430; Range Rover (top line one); BMW M3

and a Dodge Hemi Truck and a Honda Minivan  ::)

ThaRealist

• Getbig IV
  • Team REal LiFe
« Reply #13 on: August 24, 2010, 06:20:44 PM »
See the dumb white folks are just white trash that don't care to talk or want to talk proper....Blacks make it a point of being "ghetto" why do you think these black college athletes have to be taught to speak right (eventhough some come from semi ivy league schools) on camera....Way to sustain your heritage black folks...
You Can't Do It!!!

Lord of the Roidz

• Getbig III
« Reply #14 on: August 24, 2010, 08:13:57 PM »
I never really cared when all the ignorant savages wanted to speak in their unintelligible jibberish...what could be expected from such a culture. It went hand in hand with the excessive proclivity towards violent crime, pathetic high school graduation rates, ridiculous teen fatherless pregnancy rates, absurdly high STD statistics,  rampant poverty, low IQ...you name it. But because of a Zionist plot perpetrated by the owners of MTV, white kids that had a promising future were subjected to non stop 24 hour a day Rap videos...until they were brainwashed and soon began to de-evolve themselves. Soon, they began to wear the idiotic pants with their underwear sticking out, making pathetic finger gestures, grabbing their crotches in a primitive manner and uttering the immortal words.."Yo,yo,yo..what up homie?" I knew this was one of the signs of the Apocalypse.

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
  • Call the vet, cause these pythons are sick!
« Reply #15 on: August 25, 2010, 05:25:47 AM »
they dont do that shit one on one.....if they are by themselfs they talk right......my partner is black...when he shows up to a seen and starts questioning someone with me....the ebonics comes out....my partner has no fucking clue what there saying usually either...

and white folks are the same way.....when i was a teenager, and me and my group left texas for shooting matches none of us had texas accents.....but when we got to colorado, georgia, new york...or anywhere oversea's....2 of the jerkoffs in the  group would suddenly develop a texas accent out of nowhere...it was the same 2 guys everytime...

bench

I bet your partner, regardless of the situation always pronounced aunt correctly......I think its in the genes.....but you are right, people always adjust how they speak depending on the situation....my biggest pet peeve are white boys who suddenly try to sound like eminem when they get around some black guys.....toolbags.

Howard

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: August 25, 2010, 06:21:18 AM »

Part of the reason I stopped listening to a lot of rap and certain hip hop, was from NOT understanding a  word they uttered.
As a teacher I can tell you it has some effect on what student will "hear" and understand in the classroom.
Proper spoken English starts sounding odd and like a different language.

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #17 on: August 25, 2010, 06:43:01 AM »

bench

Accent ???...I live in the NY area and I have no ideas what youz guyz is talkin about.

spinnis

« Reply #18 on: August 25, 2010, 08:41:10 AM »
Hip hop slang is evolution of Jazz slang (IMHO), add in regional slang, "

lol

Lord of the Roidz

• Getbig III
« Reply #19 on: August 25, 2010, 09:26:44 AM »
Big L said it best!

Yo, pay attention
And listen real closely how I break this slang shit down

Check it, my weed smoke is my lye
A ki of coke is a pie
When I'm lifted, I'm high
With new clothes on, I'm fly
Cars is whips and sneakers is kicks
Money is chips, movies is flicks
Also, cribs is homes, jacks is pay phones
Cocaine is nose candy, cigarettes is bones
A radio is a box, a razor blade is a ox
Fat diamonds is rocks and jakes is cop
And if you got rubbed, you got stuck
You got shot, you got bucked
And if you got double-crossed, you got fucked
Your bankroll is your poke, a choke hold is a yoke
A kite is a note, a con is a okey doke
And if you got punched that mean you got snuffed
To clean is to buff, a bull scare is a strong bluff
I know you like the way I'm freakin' it
I talk with slang and I'ma never stop speakin' it

Chorus: repeat (2X)

"Speak with criminal slang" -Nas
That's just the way that I talk, yo
"Vocabulary spills, I'm ill" -Nas

Yo, yo
A burglary is a jook, a woof's a crook
Mobb Deep already explained the meanin' of shook
If you caught a felony, you caught a F
If you got killed, you got left
If you got the dragon, you got bad breath
If you 730, that mean you crazy
Hit me on the hip means page me
Angel dust is sherm, if you got AIDS, you got the germ
If a chick gave you a disease, then you got burned
Max mean to relax, guns and pistols is gats
Condoms is hats, critters is cracks
The food you eat is your grub
A victim's a mark
A sweat box is a small club, your tick is your heart
Your apartment is your pad
Your old man is your dad
The studio is the lab and heated is mad

Chorus (2X)

The iron horse is the train and champaign is bubbly
A deuce is a honey that's ugly
If your girl is fine, she's a dime
A suit is a fine, jewelry is shine
If you in love, that mean you blind
Genuine is real, a face card is a hundred dollar bill
A very hard, long stare is a grill
If you sneakin' to go see a girl, that mean you creepin'
Smilin' is cheesin', bleedin' is leakin'
Beggin is bummin, if you nuttin you comin
Takin' orders is sunnin', an ounce of coke is a onion
A hotel's a telly, a cell phone's a celly
Jealous is jelly, your food box is your belly
To guerrilla mean to use physical force
You took a L, you took a loss
To show off mean floss, uh
If I were an Iranian Wigger fag, I'd probably strap a bomb onto myself and go into a crowded marketplace....so I could go to Paradise and have 72 Virgin Homos.

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #20 on: August 25, 2010, 11:06:58 AM »

dey should get that old lady from  the first airplane movie you know beaver's mom barbara billingsly she did good in dat movie.
F

Parker

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: August 25, 2010, 11:12:50 AM »
Part of the reason I stopped listening to a lot of rap and certain hip hop, was from NOT understanding a  word they uttered.
As a teacher I can tell you it has some effect on what student will "hear" and understand in the classroom.
Proper spoken English starts sounding odd and like a different language.

And I can tell you, the students in Baltimore, understood me PERFECTLY when I spoke in proper English, and they were in High School, and they spoke to me correctly English, sure they used "slang", as all children do, but I understood them, and they understood me.  

Lundgren

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Banned
« Reply #22 on: August 25, 2010, 11:23:28 AM »
ebonics came from carribean creole. Orginally atleast it's  a retrospeak now but it's all good. It's not improper english it's a different grammar then the one used in england. 

~UN_$ung~

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: August 25, 2010, 11:29:32 AM »
ebonics came from carribean creole. Orginally atleast it's  a retrospeak now but it's all good. It's not improper english it's a different grammar then the one used in england. 

no it didtn carribean creole is derived from dutch, fench, and african tribal speak

ebonics is an american phenomonon where the english language is bastardized and modified........all the words they use are english

but its a lot of taking one word, and using it a slang to mean something else

has NOTHING to do with carribean creole

Parker

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: August 25, 2010, 11:36:12 AM »

no it didtn carribean creole is derived from dutch, fench, and african tribal speak

ebonics is an american phenomonon where the english language is bastardized and modified........all the words they use are english

but its a lot of taking one word, and using it a slang to mean something else

has NOTHING to do with carribean creole
Dude doesn't realize that Caribbean and Americans of African descent didn't have much contact, in fact it was white people that made Bob Marley so popular, most black Americans in the 60s, especially in the South, had never heard of Bob Marley...

Furthermore, it was Louis Armstrong that was credited with using the word, "cat" for a person, and "cool cat", etc