Author Topic: Luna Vachon R.I.P.  (Read 4902 times)

mass 04

• Getbig V
Luna Vachon R.I.P.
« on: August 29, 2010, 06:59:18 PM »
Very sad to report the passing of Trudy "Luna" Vachon, 48, who was found dead today at her mother's residence in Florida. Vachon, who worked for WWE, WCW, and ECW from 1992-2000 and before that various territories dating back to 1985, was found dead by her mother at around 10am this morning, whom she had been living with after losing most of her possessions in a house fire earlier this year. A cause of death is yet to be determined, but an autopsy is scheduled for Saturday. Vachon was well-liked within the wrestling business but in recent years had struggled with bi-polor disorder and depression. 

Montague

• Getbig V
  • The black degelation does not know this nig - V.G.
Re: Luna Vachon R.I.P.
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2010, 07:21:35 PM »
Jim Ross posted the following on his site:

It is said that death comes in three's. Apparently that's morbidly correct. Upon hearing of Luna Vachon's passing this morning came another reminder that no one is guaranteed tomorrow.

The exact cause of Luna's passing has not been determined but 48 is much too young for anyone to be taken from this world and our sincere condolences go out to Luna's family and the many friends that she had in and out of the wrestling business.
When Luna reported to me in WWE's talent relations department many, many years ago she was a hard working, passionate, almost obsessive performer who definitely had the wrestling business in her blood.

Her family, the Vachon's, will always be known as one of the best known 'wrestling families' ever in the business. Her father, Paul (Butcher), and her famous uncle, Maurice (Mad Dog) Vachon were stars for decades.
Luna told me that being a wrestler was the only thing that she wanted to do since she was a small child. She said she couldn't remember the time when she didn't want to wrestle for a living.

Inside the ring was where Luna seemingly felt the most comfortable with herself both professionally and personally. She was an excellent in ring performer who helped many of her fellow females become better wrestlers.

At times, Luna was very hard on herself when she felt that she didn't have the match that she wanted to have and was more often than not her own worst critic. I found out that praising her and doing what I could do to help her self esteem motivated her to no ends.
While Luna Vachon wasn't perfect, none of us are for the record, she was more often than not fun to be around.
Like many other human beings, Luna was susceptible to personal challenges and WWE assisted on these matters on multiple occasions.

The last time that I saw Luna was in Las Vegas a couple of years or so ago at the Cauliflower Alley Club reunion when Bret Hart was honored and I attended along with Steve Austin. Luna was so happy to see us both. We had our photo taken together and had a great visit. She was driving a tow truck in Florida and Steve and I both enjoyed Luna's 'tow truck stories.'

One could tell that she missed the wrestling business but was pleased that she was an independent woman, had a job and was apparently garnering much needed stability in her life.
We talked about her being diagnosed with being bi-polar and her having issues with depression of which she battled on an on going basis for a good while. Luna was a battler and was a tough individual who said she was going to keep fighting the good fight but that it wasn't easy. Steve and I both gave Luna many words of encouragement and spent significant time with her at the CAC function talking old times and mostly laughing about our mutual experiences. Without question, laughter is good medicine for all of us.

I know Luna loved her family, especially her children, and had a twinkle in her eye when talking about them. It was as if she wanted to make up for lost time with her family, especially her sons. Being off the road and working a 'regular job' was going to give her the opportunity to do so.
Luna and I couldn't believe that it had been well over a decade since we had talked as she left WWE, I believe, in 2000 or so. When one is younger we ask, "Where did the day go?" and when we get older we catch ourself asking, "What happened to that decade?"

Luna Vachon had a unique and often times challenging life but even with the issues that she battled she had many friends who, as will I, always look back upon the good days that we shared.

Perhaps now Luna can finally find peace and tranquility in Heaven where her existence will finally be problem free.
Rest in Peace Luna. You will be missed.

Playboy

• Getbig V
  • If the bar ain't bending, you're just pretending
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2010, 04:27:10 AM »
Her autopsy results should be completed later this week. RIP to one of wrestlings greatest female performers.

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
  • Call the vet, cause these pythons are sick!
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2010, 05:22:03 AM »
Well written article by Ross.  RIP Luna.

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2010, 08:20:58 AM »
I loved the way she assulted Sherri at WM9.

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2010, 11:50:49 AM »
Luna was the first REAL "Queen of Extreme," and that was before hard-core was cool.

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2010, 12:12:07 PM »
Luna was the first REAL "Queen of Extreme," and that was before hard-core was cool.
Oh yes. She was definately badass.

mass 04

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2010, 04:18:59 PM »
I liked her with Bam Bam. She carried Sable to a great match at WM, she made her look like a million bucks. She did the family name proud.

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: August 30, 2010, 04:27:34 PM »
And, that was after "diva" Sable refused to learn to work, or even bump in the match.
Management also informed Luna that they had HUGE plans for Mero, and that if Luna hurt her during the match - accicental, or not - that she would be fired on the spot.

Supposedly, there was genuine heat between the two women, and I believe that Luna's first "firing" was over a spat with Sable.

mass 04

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: August 30, 2010, 05:05:47 PM »
And, that was after "diva" Sable refused to learn to work, or even bump in the match.
Management also informed Luna that they had HUGE plans for Mero, and that if Luna hurt her during the match - accicental, or not - that she would be fired on the spot.

Supposedly, there was genuine heat between the two women, and I believe that Luna's first "firing" was over a spat with Sable.

I've read the same. I guess when they came to the back after the match everyone was fawning over Sable, telling her what a great match it was and how amazing she was, ignoring Luna who was on the verge of tears. Owen was the only one to come up to her, telling her she carried the match and what a great worker she was.

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: August 30, 2010, 05:55:31 PM »
I've heard several versions of that story, and they're all pretty close.

It sounds like Mero was pretty cool & level-headded when she joined the co. with Marc.
But, once she became "someone," it was almost literally an overnight transformation into "bitch."

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: August 31, 2010, 04:10:24 AM »
The Wrestling Observer is reporting that the family of Luna Vachon is opting to hold a private funeral for the former WWE Diva. Therefore, no information will be released concerning funeral details.

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: August 31, 2010, 05:03:38 AM »
* Vachon was actually found dead in her own temporary home, not her mother's home. Investigators say they discovered a box containing crushed Oxycodone pills near a snorting straw. The box containing Oxycodone was beside a pile of "blue, chalky debris next to a small straw" in Luna's kitchen.

* "Multiple prescription bottles and miscellaneous unsecured pills" were discovered in the master bedroom alongside a small plate containing more pill residue and another snorting straw.

* Vachon's mother — the person who discovered the body — told police that her daughter "often appeared 'medicated' as she suffered from several wrestling injuries."

Pain killers & rec drugs once again folks...NOT STEROIDS like the media will lead you to believe. 

Montague

• Getbig V

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: September 05, 2010, 04:27:01 PM »
Luna Vachon's profile has been taken off both the Alumni page and the "where are they now" page of wwe.com.
Both profiles had previously been on the site.

Yet, another example of WWE editing history.
How many people have done what Luna was involved in - and much, MUCH worse - but, because her case is in the news, the media will likely use her as an example, & with November so close for Linda, they have erased Trudy from their annals.

NEWS FLASH:
Pretending it never happened will not stop your political opponents from attempting to USE IT AGAINST YOU.
IMO - it only makes it look worse.

mass 04

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: September 06, 2010, 05:11:32 PM »
Luna Vachon's profile has been taken off both the Alumni page and the "where are they now" page of wwe.com.
Ridiculous ::)

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: September 07, 2010, 05:50:14 AM »

Yet, another example of WWE editing history.
How many people have done what Luna was involved in - and much, MUCH worse - but, because her case is in the news, the media will likely use her as an example, & with November so close for Linda, they have erased Trudy from their annals.

NEWS FLASH:
Pretending it never happened will not stop your political opponents from attempting to USE IT AGAINST YOU.
IMO - it only makes it look worse.
The WWE is not responsible for what their employees / ex-employees do outside of the workplace just like any other job. But at the same time, why are they acting like it never happened? It is complete bull. They did the same thing to a few others that passed. I believe they are doing it to avoid the media frenzy and negative attention to follow.

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: September 07, 2010, 06:23:59 AM »
To update the story, Luna Vachon was actually living on her own at the time of her death, and not actually living with her mother. Her mother did discover her body, which was found in a pool of blood - with her face on a piece of pizza according to the Pasco County, FL, Sheriff's office, on August 27th. As TMZ noted, the investigation team discovered a sniffing straw, with the belief is that she had been sniffing Oxycodone (Oxycontin). Several prescription medication bottles were also discovered, as Luna was bipolar, and took medicine for her extreme mood swings. Her former husband, Dave "Gangrel" Heath noted that she had been suffering from depression after a fire that destroyed her entire house and memorabilia as well as some pets who also died in the fire.

The autopsy has been completed, and the investigation is being treated as a drug overdose.

Vachon did check herself into a rehab center last year, which was paid for by WWE. She completed her rehab in June 2009 but obviously relapsed.

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: September 07, 2010, 03:38:46 PM »
Vachon did check herself into a rehab center last year, which was paid for by WWE. She completed her rehab in June 2009 but obviously relapsed.  

Say what you will about the old man, but he does, occasionally, do nice things that he doesn't have to; and without bragging about them, which seems to indicate that it's not just for the PR.

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: September 08, 2010, 05:27:22 AM »

Say what you will about the old man, but he does, occasionally, do nice things that he doesn't have to; and without bragging about them, which seems to indicate that it's not just for the PR.

Absolutely. He doesn't need to foot for a rehab bill for wrestlers. Bottom line is it is not Vince's responsability what his employees past or present do on their spare time out of the work place.

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: October 13, 2010, 04:42:47 PM »
The following is a new article from celebrity-gossip website TMZ.com:

Ex-WWE Star Luna -- Death Ruled 'Accidental'

Former WWE star Gertrude "Luna" Vachon died from an overdose of painkillers and anti-anxiety medication ... this according to the District Six Medical Examiner's Office in Florida.

We're told toxicology results finally came back this morning -- and revealed the 48-year-old wrestler had oxycodone and benzodiazepine in her system when she died in her Florida home back in August. The "manner of death" was ruled "accidental."

As we previously reported, investigators found crushed pill residue and snorting straws at multiple locations inside Luna's house.

Luna's ashes were scattered last month at the North Carolina ranch where her godfather Andre The Giant was also laid to rest.

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: October 14, 2010, 05:20:45 AM »
The following is a new article from celebrity-gossip website TMZ.com:

Ex-WWE Star Luna -- Death Ruled 'Accidental'

Former WWE star Gertrude "Luna" Vachon died from an overdose of painkillers and anti-anxiety medication ... this according to the District Six Medical Examiner's Office in Florida.

We're told toxicology results finally came back this morning -- and revealed the 48-year-old wrestler had oxycodone and benzodiazepine in her system when she died in her Florida home back in August. The "manner of death" was ruled "accidental."

As we previously reported, investigators found crushed pill residue and snorting straws at multiple locations inside Luna's house.

Luna's ashes were scattered last month at the North Carolina ranch where her godfather Andre The Giant was also laid to rest.

Once again....NOT STEROIDS!

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: October 14, 2010, 10:49:06 AM »
Guarantee somebody looked into it, though.

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: October 14, 2010, 11:32:22 AM »
Guarantee somebody looked into it, though.
Lol...I wouldn't doubt it.

Lol...Tow truck driver.....unbelievable. Then you had Torrie Wilson who couldn't wrestle worth a damn and she was netting 286,000 per year with WWE.