Author Topic: I wonder how the talks went between ESPN and Weider?  (Read 3362 times)

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
I wonder how the talks went between ESPN and Weider?
« on: August 29, 2010, 09:49:59 PM »
I was doing alot of thinking while the board was down...(thanks Yaroni) and wondered what the conversation was like between Weider office and ESPN about bringing the guys on the sports show...You know that asshole Colin Cowterd, wanted to mention something about juicing or steriods...Bob's answer would be, athletes in other sports do it so why should there be a converstion?  I say this is the only sport in while 100% of the pro athletes do steriods and because their bodies scream " I do steriods" there would have had to be some talks about not mentioning it especially in the sports industry where they love talking about it every other day.

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
Re: I wonder how the talks went between ESPN and Weider?
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2010, 12:09:18 AM »
I was doing alot of thinking while the board was down...(thanks Yaroni) and wondered what the conversation was like between Weider office and ESPN about bringing the guys on the sports show...You know that asshole Colin Cowterd, wanted to mention something about juicing or steriods...Bob's answer would be, athletes in other sports do it so why should there be a converstion?  I say this is the only sport in while 100% of the pro athletes do steriods and because their bodies scream " I do steriods" there would have had to be some talks about not mentioning it especially in the sports industry where they love talking about it every other day.

Yeah, I am sure something was definitely mentioned about keeping the steroid talk on the DL.

I really hate Bobs pathetic excuse "athletes in other sports do it so why should there be a conversation." What a stupid excuse. Sure, athletes in other sports do it, but they aren't sticking so much shit in their body that can kill a small horse. I mean, there is a HUGE difference between a tennis player, golfer or swimmer taking very small doses to up their performance, compared to Jay sticking a whole pharmaceutical company in his body. I am not condoning or advocating for any drug use, but there is a clear difference between the two.
X

LatsMcGee

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2010, 03:12:26 AM »
I'd imagine that if Joe was attracted to the man from ESPN he would proposition him. 

The Wizard of Truth

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Fallen Angel
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2010, 03:14:49 AM »
Well they dont ask American Footballers or Baseball players about their gear usage so fair is fair

LatsMcGee

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2010, 03:18:00 AM »
Well they dont ask American Footballers or Baseball players about their gear usage so fair is fair

Congress loves to ask Baseball players about steriods,  it makes the congressmen feel better about stealing our money and spending it on gay prostitutes. 

Tito24

• Getbig V
  • I'm a large man but.. one with a plan
« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2010, 03:23:00 AM »

dave19

• Getbig III
« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2010, 04:19:54 AM »
I am not condoning or advocating for any drug use, but there is a clear difference between the two.

Is there really a difference ? The reason why most other athletes take less steroids than bodybuilders is that there would be no benefit for them in taking such amounts. If they would get better at their sport when taking 20 grams of test they certainly would... so baseball players take exactly what is needed for them to be at their best - same goes for bodybuilders.

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
  • sometimes you get the elevator, somtimes the shaft
« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2010, 06:14:10 AM »
Yeah, I am sure something was definitely mentioned about keeping the steroid talk on the DL.

I really hate Bobs pathetic excuse "athletes in other sports do it so why should there be a conversation." What a stupid excuse. Sure, athletes in other sports do it, but they aren't sticking so much shit in their body that can kill a small horse. I mean, there is a HUGE difference between a tennis player, golfer or swimmer taking very small doses to up their performance, compared to Jay sticking a whole pharmaceutical company in his body. I am not condoning or advocating for any drug use, but there is a clear difference between the two.

So where is the "acceptable line" between what YOU believe to be nedded vs overkill?  And is it all the same whether you are a WSM competitor or a tennis player?

Your argument is so flawed I dont know where to begin...

MORTALCOIL

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: August 30, 2010, 06:17:42 AM »

Why small?

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
  • Call the vet, cause these pythons are sick!
« Reply #9 on: August 30, 2010, 06:20:07 AM »
Why small?

Clearly, shows a lack of commitment.

Tito24

• Getbig V
  • I'm a large man but.. one with a plan
« Reply #10 on: August 30, 2010, 06:22:06 AM »

MORTALCOIL

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: August 30, 2010, 06:27:01 AM »
I was doing alot of thinking while the board was down...(thanks Yaroni) and wondered what the conversation was like between Weider office and ESPN about bringing the guys on the sports show...You know that asshole Colin Cowterd, wanted to mention something about juicing or steriods...Bob's answer would be, athletes in other sports do it so why should there be a converstion?  I say this is the only sport in while 100% of the pro athletes do steriods and because their bodies scream " I do steriods" there would have had to be some talks about not mentioning it especially in the sports industry where they love talking about it every other day.

Once again, it's not a sport and there's no athletes per say in Bbing. Bbers just show up and flex their muscles on a bandstand. Sure, they get those types of body from working out AND injecting drugs. But how they work out is not judged.  The closest thing that comes to it is figure skating, except figure skating those involve some athletic and technical feats. Flexing muscles while severely dehydrated ddoesn't even come close. It's a beauty pageant FFS, nothing more. So once on a sport show, what kind of questions would the casual viewer want to hear about other than the dirty little secrets?

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #12 on: August 30, 2010, 09:03:35 AM »
So where is the "acceptable line" between what YOU believe to be nedded vs overkill?  And is it all the same whether you are a WSM competitor or a tennis player?

Your argument is so flawed I dont know where to begin...

It is not flawed at all. Everything in moderation. I mean, most people would agree its okay to maybe have a glass of wine a night--however, if you're drinking 3 bottles of wine a night, some people might say that's a little extreme. I think knowing where to draw the line is based on good judgment by people who have a brain bob. If you're saying that bodybuilders don't pass an acceptable line on steroid abuse, and tennis players or golf players do, you're an idiot. Common sense, bob-o.
X

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #13 on: August 30, 2010, 09:04:18 AM »
Why small?

Because they are cool looking

X

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: August 30, 2010, 01:21:13 PM »
It is not flawed at all. Everything in moderation. I mean, most people would agree its okay to maybe have a glass of wine a night--however, if you're drinking 3 bottles of wine a night, some people might say that's a little extreme. I think knowing where to draw the line is based on good judgment by people who have a brain bob. If you're saying that bodybuilders don't pass an acceptable line on steroid abuse, and tennis players or golf players do, you're an idiot. Common sense, bob-o.

Common sense is what makes your argument flawed...

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #15 on: August 30, 2010, 01:45:07 PM »
Common sense is what makes your argument flawed...

Nope. Common sense is what makes my argument logical. Your come back is rather pathetic  ::)
X

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #16 on: August 30, 2010, 01:52:01 PM »

This photo is so wrong , yet so right.

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: August 30, 2010, 01:54:34 PM »
Nope. Common sense is what makes my argument logical. Your come back is rather pathetic  ::)

Bro...NOTHING you're saying makes any logical sense...you're making a fool of yourself.

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #18 on: August 30, 2010, 02:17:49 PM »
Bro...NOTHING you're saying makes any logical sense...you're making a fool of yourself.

Sure. So there is no logic in the mantra, "everything in moderation?" I guess one of the pillars at the gates of Delphi is wrong, huh?  ::) ::)
X

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: August 30, 2010, 02:29:39 PM »
Sure. So there is no logic in the mantra, "everything in moderation?" I guess one of the pillars at the gates of Delphi is wrong, huh?  ::) ::)

Everything in moderation...TO WHO?  YOU?

Here's a tip for ya...BB moderation and Tennis moderation can be two different things.  That said, If you're gullible enough to believe that other athletes take things in "moderation"...then there's nothing I can explain to you

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #20 on: August 30, 2010, 02:36:44 PM »
Everything in moderation...TO WHO?  YOU?

Here's a tip for ya...BB moderation and Tennis moderation can be two different things.  That said, If you're gullible enough to believe that other athletes take things in "moderation"...then there's nothing I can explain to you

Bob, there is a difference between relativism and absolutism. I am talking about steroid use with regard to absolutism. Bodybuilders, on average, stick WAY more stuff into their body than most professional athletes. Case closed. No one can argue or deny this point.
X

War-Horse

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: August 30, 2010, 06:01:59 PM »
Bob, there is a difference between relativism and absolutism. I am talking about steroid use with regard to absolutism. Bodybuilders, on average, stick WAY more stuff into their body than most professional athletes. Case closed. No one can argue or deny this point.

I seem to get it.  Maybe bob will in a few hours.   Lets look at the sprinters like bolt nd tyson...we know they try to get in a little winstrol or something fast acting thaat can clear the system fast...same with swimmers.
 But no sport (whatever) crams down insulin, igfs,20ius of gh, unnumbered amounts of anabolics, thyroid meds etc.......knowing theres no testing to get around its quite a bit different for the cartoon characters in the IFBB.   Of course its gonna come up as its a freak show!!

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: August 30, 2010, 06:08:28 PM »

I seem to get it.  Maybe bob will in a few hours.   Lets look at the sprinters like bolt nd tyson...we know they try to get in a little winstrol or something fast acting thaat can clear the system fast...same with swimmers.
 But no sport (whatever) crams down insulin, igfs,20ius of gh, unnumbered amounts of anabolics, thyroid meds etc.......knowing theres no testing to get around its quite a bit different for the cartoon characters in the IFBB.   Of course its gonna come up as its a freak show!!

No shit...BBers take more gear compared to a football player, who takes more than a baseball player, who takes more than a sprinter, who takes more than my aunt Emily....

It's all relative, Capt Obvious....maybe one of you masterminds can explain why this is relevant in any way shape or form

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #23 on: August 30, 2010, 06:13:11 PM »
No shit...BBers take more gear compared to a football player, who takes more than a baseball player, who takes more than a sprinter, who takes more than my aunt Emily....

It's all relative, Capt Obvious....maybe one of you masterminds can explain why this is relevant in any way shape or form
Why is your aunt Emily using steroids Bob?
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

War-Horse

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: August 30, 2010, 06:16:00 PM »

Listen dumbass, you seem to reason that bb shouldnt be singled out for drug use........re read my post and sleep on it.  good luck. ::)