Author Topic: Obama files new suit on Ariz. immigration issue. - WWWTTFFF?????  (Read 1361 times)

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
U.S. files new suit on Ariz. immigration issue
Washington Post ^ | 8/31/2010 | Jerry Markon

________________________ ________________________ ________

The Justice Department filed another lawsuit against immigration practices by Arizona authorities, saying Monday that a network of community colleges acted illegally in requiring noncitizens to provide their green cards before they could be hired for jobs.

The suit against the Phoenix area Maricopa Community Colleges was filed less than two months after the Justice Department sued Arizona and Gov. Jan Brewer (R) over the state's new immigration law. It also comes as the department is investigating Joe Arpaio, the sheriff in Maricopa County, who is known for tough immigration enforcement.

In Monday's lawsuit, Justice officials said the colleges discriminated against nearly 250 noncitizen job applicants by mandating that they fill out more documents than required by law to prove their eligibility to work. That violated the federal Immigration and Nationality Act, the department said.

The law's anti-discrimination provision "makes it unlawful to treat authorized workers differently during the hiring process based on their citizenship status," said Thomas E. Perez, assistant attorney general for Justice's Civil Rights Division. He said the government "is acting now to remedy this pattern or practice of discrimination."

Tom Gariepy, a spokesman for Maricopa Community Colleges - which operates 10 colleges and two vocational training centers in and around Phoenix - declined to comment.

Justice Department officials said the lawsuit is unrelated to the case against Brewer and the probe of Arpaio and stems from a different investigation that began in January 2009 - the month the Obama administration took office.

It is the latest example of stepped-up enforcement by the department's Civil Rights Division, which has been reshaping itself after an exodus of lawyers during the Bush administration. It filed a similiar lawsuit in April against John Jay College of Criminal Justice in New York.

The lawsuit was filed Tuesday before the Executive Office for Immigration Review, a Justice Department unit that adjudicates immigration cases. It was filed on behalf of Zainul Singaporewalla, a U.S. permanent resident who was offered a math teaching position at Glendale Community College, part of the Maricopa network.

After filling out a federal form attesting to his immigration status and producing a driver's license and Social Security card, he was told to complete another form with more immigration-related information, the lawsuit said.

That form required other documents and his green card. When he couldn't present his green card, the suit said, the college would not process his paperwork and would not let him work.

The government is asking a judge within the Justice Department unit to order the Maricopa colleges to pay a civil penalty of $1,100 for each of the 247 non-U.S.-citizen job applicants it says were required to produce the additional documents. It says the colleges ended the practice in January.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2010/08/30/AR2010083004923.html

________________________ ________________________ __

Impeach and deport this disgusting communist traitor to Kenya already!  

There are no words left for my utter contempt of this vile, awful, traitorous, disgusting, treasonous, evil, revolting, pofs POTUS.  

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
They can't be fucking serious.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
I swear BF - i am convinced obama is seeking to provoke a violent insurrection at this point. 

There is no explanation for this anymore. 

ME TO OBAMA:   "GO BACK ON VACATION YOU DISGUSTING TRAITOR"   

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
How can anyone defend this Admn anymore? 

Suing kindle makers, suing states, suing everyone that doesnt go along with their crazy agenda. 

Fury

• Getbig V
I swear BF - i am convinced obama is seeking to provoke a violent insurrection at this point. 

There is no explanation for this anymore. 

ME TO OBAMA:   "GO BACK ON VACATION YOU DISGUSTING TRAITOR"   

I don't even know how to respond to this lawsuit. It's so ridiculous that it's almost unbelievable. Sad that it's true.

Why the fuck are they even entertaining the idea of hiring these people? There are LEGAL American citizens that want those jobs. That's reason enough to tell them to fuck off back to where they came from.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
I don't even know how to respond to this lawsuit. It's so ridiculous that it's almost unbelievable. Sad that it's true.

Why the fuck are they even entertaining the idea of hiring these people? There are LEGAL American citizens that want those jobs. That's reason enough to tell them to fuck off back to where they came from.

And for the idiots who bash me, I am trying to post mostly from sources everyone can agree are completely reputable.  This is from WAPO so no one can say a word.

This is beyond disgusting on so many levels. 

BF - I'm not kidding, I think Obama is on a path of self destruction since he see's November destroying his Presidency, the economy failing, ObamaCare getting more unpopular by the day, etc. 

I believe he is taking the belief   "If I am going down, so is everyone else"     

Fury

• Getbig V
Re: Obama files new suit on Ariz. immigration issue. - WWWTTFFF?????
« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2010, 11:51:37 AM »
I was honestly just thinking the exact same thing as I typed up my last post. Might as well go down swinging.

Unemployment is at 10% and he's too busy filing lawsuits against people for not hiring illegals. What a joke.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2010, 11:53:38 AM »
I was honestly just thinking the exact same thing as I typed up my last post. Might as well go down swinging.

Unemployment is at 10% and he's too busy filing lawsuits against people for not hiring illegals. What a joke.

Even his interview with Williams show how detached, defensive, and deflecting he is from reality. 

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: August 31, 2010, 12:02:58 PM »
Something is seriously wrong here.   There is no way he can possibly be in his right mind doing stuff like this without being on some destructive path.  He is either snorting coke, under threat of black mail, or something. 

No sane person acts like this.   

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #9 on: August 31, 2010, 12:10:22 PM »

The Justice Department filed another lawsuit against immigration practices by Arizona authorities, saying Monday that a network of community colleges acted illegally in requiring noncitizens to provide their green cards before they could be hired for jobs.

What the justice department is doing here is...unjust.  Actually, it's illegal.  

"The Immigration Reform and Control Act (IRCA) legally mandates that U.S. employers verify the employment eligibility status of newly-hired employees and makes it unlawful for employers to knowingly hire or continue to employ unauthorized workers."  

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: August 31, 2010, 12:13:36 PM »
What the justice department is doing here is...unjust.  Actually, it's illegal.  

"The Immigration Reform and Control Act (IRCA) legally mandates that U.S. employers verify the employment eligibility status of newly-hired employees and makes it unlawful for employers to knowingly hire or continue to employ unauthorized workers."  

Obama is trying to bankrupt AZ, plain and simple. 

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #11 on: August 31, 2010, 12:17:46 PM »
Obama is trying to bankrupt AZ, plain and simple. 

My opinion is that the Federal government is simply catering to big American corporations which want to retain their cheap labor.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: August 31, 2010, 12:21:07 PM »
My opinion is that the Federal government is simply catering to big American corporations which want to retain their cheap labor.

Wrong - Obama is trying to rally hispanics for the november elections as everyone else has left him. 

Fury

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: August 31, 2010, 12:25:48 PM »

Yeah, because he's done so much to help out corporations to this point.

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #14 on: August 31, 2010, 12:47:47 PM »
Yeah, because he's done so much to help out corporations to this point.

Obama has done plenty to try to help out corporations.  It's just that nothing he does ever goes well.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: August 31, 2010, 12:51:01 PM »
Obama has done plenty to try to help out corporations.  It's just that nothing he does ever goes well.

Ha Ha Ha.  Goldman Sachs disagrees.  ;D  ;D 

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #16 on: August 31, 2010, 12:52:26 PM »
Wrong - Obama is trying to rally hispanics for the november elections as everyone else has left him. 

Maybe that's what he thinks, but that doesn't mean it will help him.  Cuban Americans have always disliked Obama very much and compare him to Castro.  Americans originally from South America don't like him much either.  Most Hispanics who got a green card legally or became American citizens do not like Obama catering to illegal immigrants.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: August 31, 2010, 12:54:17 PM »
Maybe that's what he thinks, but that doesn't mean it will help him.  Cuban Americans have always disliked Obama very much and compare him to Castro.  Americans originally from South America don't like him much either.  Most Hispanics who got a green card legally or became American citizens do not like Obama catering to illegal immigrants.

Rubio looks like winner for Florida, which I am happy about.  I like Rubio.   

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: August 31, 2010, 12:57:52 PM »
AZ Border Sheriff: 'I Have About As Much Regard for the U.N. as I Do the Vermin'
Cybercast News Service ^ | 8/31/2010 | Penny Starr

(CNSNews.com) – Sheriff Larry Dever, whose officers patrol Cochise County along the border between Arizona and Mexico, said he finds it “amazing” that the U.S. State Department would refer the recently passed immigration law in his state to the United Nations Human Rights Council for review.

“Well, it’s just amazing to me,” Dever told CNSNews.com. “Course, I have about as much regard for the U.N. as I do the vermin that hides in the rocks around my house here and reaches out and tries to bite me every now and then.”

The Bush administration refused to join the U.N. Human Rights Council, citing lax membership criteria that allowed countries with poor human rights records to sit on the council, including countries such as China, Saudi Arabia, Libya, Russia, Cuba, Pakistan, Tunisia and Egypt.

The Obama administration joined the council, citing its imperfections but made claims that U.S. efforts could change the organization for the better.

Now, the U.S. State Department is asking the council to review possible human rights violations that supposedly could occur under the Arizona’s new law against illegal immigration. The U.S. Justice Department (DOJ) has also filed a lawsuit challenging the Arizona law.

“Where does this end?” Dever told CNSNews.com.

“Why the Department of Justice intervened in this case to begin with was beyond comprehension,” Dever said, referring to the DOJ lawsuit, which claims that the Arizona law violated the federal government’s exclusive right to enforce federal immigration laws.

(Excerpt) Read more at cnsnews.com ...

________________________ ________________________ ____

Is this what you idiots voted for? 

Fury

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: August 31, 2010, 12:59:04 PM »
Was only a matter of time until the UN Human Rights council, which has some of the most egregious violators of human rights on the planet sitting on it, got involved. That's why the US had avoided joining it for so many years like the article says.

Obama is a pandering piece of shit and the UN is the most worthless organization on the planet.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: August 31, 2010, 12:59:56 PM »
And i was called a CT nut for claiming Obama wanted to subvert our laws to the UN.   ::)  ::)  ::)

Fury

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: August 31, 2010, 01:00:40 PM »
And i was called a CT nut for claiming Obama wanted to subvert our laws to the UN.   ::)  ::)  ::)

The OIC runs the Human Rights council so it's not surprising that Obama is pandering to the islamonazis again.

The USA would do well to leave the UN. It serves no purpose whatsoever outside of giving dictators, despots and tyrants a soap box to launch their fanatical tirades against the west and has been taken over by those very people.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: August 31, 2010, 01:04:04 PM »
"Coming down the stretch it's Secretariat"!!!!!

Take your lunacy to DU along with blacken where you will be greatly accepted. 

Fury

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: August 31, 2010, 01:06:35 PM »
Fake soldier, what did I do to upset you this time? Will you be following your normal routine of sending me 15 or so teary-eyed PM meltdowns in the span of a 1/2 hour?

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: August 31, 2010, 01:09:50 PM »
Fake soldier, what did I do to upset you this time? Will you be following your normal routine of sending me 15 or so teary-eyed PM meltdowns in the span of a 1/2 hour?

I wish Beach would just delte his craziness instead of removing the threads altogether. 

Mons does this to all threads where his faux messiah is exposed to try to induce a food fight so that it gets moved to the Z boards.