Author Topic: Bachmann Claims Estimate Of 1.6 Million People At Glenn Beck Rally  (Read 1914 times)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
TPM:
"Rep. Michele Bachmann (R-MN) is saying that a lot -- a lot -- of people attended Glenn Beck's rally in Washington over the weekend.

Appearing on Laura Ingraham's radio show yesterday, Bachmann said: "The crowds were overwhelming, and if you saw the aerials on the Drudge Report this weekend, there was an aerial photo. Unofficially, off the record, we talked to one of the guys from the National Park Police who told us he thought it was 1.6 million. There had to be over a million people there. People were packed in from the Washington Monument all the way to the Lincoln Memorial. And for anyone who's ever been there, that's a huge area."

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
  • KILL CENTRAL BANKS, BUY BITCOIN.
Re: Bachmann Claims Estimate Of 1.6 Million People At Glenn Beck Rally
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2010, 04:55:03 PM »
Poor woman is slightly brain damaged.

Danny

• Getbig V
  • The original Superman
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2010, 05:04:09 PM »

And yet a lot of people seem to believe every single crazy thing that comes out of her mouth...how fuked up is that?  ;D
"What we do in life ECHOES in eternity "

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2010, 09:12:21 PM »

it's like she didn't get enough coverage or ridicule for the originally wrong estimate of 1 million.  She had to just keep on adding to it.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2010, 09:16:13 PM »
TPM:
"Rep. Michele Bachmann (R-MN) is saying that a lot -- a lot -- of people attended Glenn Beck's rally in Washington over the weekend.

Appearing on Laura Ingraham's radio show yesterday, Bachmann said: "The crowds were overwhelming, and if you saw the aerials on the Drudge Report this weekend, there was an aerial photo. Unofficially, off the record, we talked to one of the guys from the National Park Police who told us he thought it was 1.6 million. There had to be over a million people there. People were packed in from the Washington Monument all the way to the Lincoln Memorial. And for anyone who's ever been there, that's a huge area."

nice spin though...I dont like her all that much to be honest but she didnt estimate that number someone else did brain child

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2010, 09:19:58 PM »
nice spin though...I dont like her all that much to be honest but she didnt estimate that number someone else did brain child

she went on the radio to repeat the number.

she assigned credibility to the estimator by saying he was from the national park police, who previously was the group in charge of estimates.

So yes, she's trying to score points for this 87k to 400k attended event by exaggerating the attendance.  Sad, because the message of this thing was good - but all the repubs want to talk bout is the attendance.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2010, 09:29:08 PM »
she went on the radio to repeat the number.

she assigned credibility to the estimator by saying he was from the national park police, who previously was the group in charge of estimates.

So yes, she's trying to score points for this 87k to 400k attended event by exaggerating the attendance.  Sad, because the message of this thing was good - but all the repubs want to talk bout is the attendance.
LOL noooo if he was from the park police then its relevant...she didnt state for a fact that there were 1.6 million she said by HIS ESTIMATION there were 1.6  ::)

and no broham its not just the reps that are concerned with attendance msnbc is all about it as well as well...your dumb ass  ;) I wonder why?

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2010, 09:34:29 PM »
so if Barrack obama had went on tv tonight - and said "you know, we talked to one of the guys from the National Park Police who told us he thought it was only 16,000 people at that Beck rally"....

You KNOW people would be throwing feces at their television.  You can't cite a number from the group with cred in that area with the intent purpose of making your side look good - then claim no responsibility when it's bs.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: August 31, 2010, 09:37:57 PM »
so if Barrack obama had went on tv tonight - and said "you know, we talked to one of the guys from the National Park Police who told us he thought it was only 16,000 people at that Beck rally"....

You KNOW people would be throwing feces at their television.  You can't cite a number from the group with cred in that area with the intent purpose of making your side look good - then claim no responsibility when it's bs.
actually you can if it was indeed a credible estimation from that group...

just like you always take the numbers that make your side look good...the illegal immigration debate...stimulus jobs created etc...you always take the high number of the estimation but now you are upset?

Arnold jr

• Getbig V
  • fleshandiron.com
« Reply #9 on: August 31, 2010, 09:40:09 PM »
In the grand scheme of things it really and I do mean really doesn't matter. There were a lot of people there, a whole lot. Now, when some of the media have thrown around numbers such as 80k, that's obviously aimed at belittling the event, even a glass monkeyed retard could see there were quite a few more than that. But whatever the number was, the fact remains simple, it was a butt load and it is doubtful that any one man in the country could gather such a large crowd. No, U.S. presidents do not count, they have the power of political party, Beck had only the power of individual.

Danny

• Getbig V
  • The original Superman
« Reply #10 on: August 31, 2010, 10:17:56 PM »
In the grand scheme of things it really and I do mean really doesn't matter. There were a lot of people there, a whole lot. Now, when some of the media have thrown around numbers such as 80k, that's obviously aimed at belittling the event, even a glass monkeyed retard could see there were quite a few more than that. But whatever the number was, the fact remains simple, it was a butt load and it is doubtful that any one man in the country could gather such a large crowd. No, U.S. presidents do not count, they have the power of political party, Beck had only the power of individual.

And Faux News.  ;)

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: August 31, 2010, 10:21:22 PM »
And Faux News.  ;)
LOL according to 240s research less than 1% of the entire US population watches FOX seeing as thats from all over the country Id say getting a couple hundred thousand mostly locals to attend means that this had a lot more to it than just FOX news...but hey dont let facts get in the way...

Arnold jr

• Getbig V
  • fleshandiron.com
« Reply #12 on: August 31, 2010, 10:22:45 PM »
And Faux News.  ;)

You're right, he had an avenue in which to promote the event, not sure how that makes it any less worthy.

But it had nothing to do with Fox News, do you honestly think that any other person on any network could generate something like he did Saturday?

Danny

• Getbig V
  • The original Superman
« Reply #13 on: August 31, 2010, 10:50:55 PM »
You're right, he had an avenue in which to promote the event, not sure how that makes it any less worthy.

But it had nothing to do with Fox News, do you honestly think that any other person on any network could generate something like he did Saturday?

All I'm saying is that he had serious help promoting this thing. It obviously takes a combination of factors to achieve something like this and generate attendance numbers like he did. The probably most important factor is his ability to get people to believe in whatever he's preaching, second factor a chance provided by his home network to hammer that message almost daily on Fox. And having Palin who has some hardcore supporters participate definitely added some more numbers.

Arnold jr

• Getbig V
  • fleshandiron.com
« Reply #14 on: August 31, 2010, 11:00:38 PM »
All I'm saying is that he had serious help promoting this thing. It obviously takes a combination of factors to achieve something like this and generate attendance numbers like he did. The probably most important factor is his ability to get people to believe in whatever he's preaching, second factor a chance provided by his home network to hammer that message almost daily on Fox. And having Palin who has some hardcore supporters participate definitely added some more numbers.

I agree with what you're saying for the most part, however, Fox didn't really go all out promoting the event. Beck promoted it on his show but the network didn't. I'm sure at some point Fox and friends mentioned it but the day to day broadcast was never promoting Beck's rally.

I'd love to see any progressive try to put something together like this. You could give them every network and I don't believe it would bring even a third of the crowd.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: September 01, 2010, 04:29:51 AM »
I agree with what you're saying for the most part, however, Fox didn't really go all out promoting the event.

jon stewart showed the fox ad that was playing - all this stuff about restoring america.  complete commercials.

they didn't promote it like they did the 912 stuff... but they certainly did play some professionaly made spots for it.

BM OUT

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #16 on: September 01, 2010, 07:51:33 AM »
I notice 240 is not outraged at all nor did he call out CBS for claiming the crowd was 60,000.Its ok to underestimate conservative crowds but if you overestimate it your a kook or a liar.Pretty typical of the 240 mentality which is mearly Olbermann talking points repeated on here.Not one original thought in his head.

BM OUT

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #17 on: September 01, 2010, 07:55:30 AM »
Oh sorry they said a little over 70,000.Once again Sharpton and Shultz got 2,000,didnt see Olberman ,Maddow,240 or the other libs mocking that pathetic turnout.A rally that Shultz pumped for two weeks on his show everyday and he got 2,000 people to show up.No surprise that 240 wouldnt mock that turnout because Olberman didnt either so since he mimicks everything Olberman says no surprise.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #18 on: September 01, 2010, 09:30:00 AM »
An embellished anti-conservative headline.  Now I didn't see that one coming. 

Arnold jr

• Getbig V
  • fleshandiron.com
« Reply #19 on: September 01, 2010, 10:27:53 AM »
jon stewart showed the fox ad that was playing - all this stuff about restoring america.  complete commercials.

they didn't promote it like they did the 912 stuff... but they certainly did play some professionaly made spots for it.

There was an add Beck had made that was played most days during the commercial breaks of his show. I'm not saying it was never played at any other time of the day and if it was I don't see the big deal but either way I never saw it played any other time other than during Beck's show...that was its primary slot.

chadstallion

• Getbig IV
« Reply #20 on: September 01, 2010, 03:17:00 PM »
on a good weekend day the mall gets @ 80,000 so he is certainly in the ballpark, people wise. hell, i'd wander by and look at the freak show for a while, too.
w

tarzan

• Time Out
  • Getbig II
« Reply #21 on: September 01, 2010, 06:35:49 PM »
If you think that's a huge crowd wait until the 9/12 march to Washington!

BM OUT

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #22 on: September 02, 2010, 06:56:09 AM »
on a good weekend day the mall gets @ 80,000 so he is certainly in the ballpark, people wise. hell, i'd wander by and look at the freak show for a while, too.

A quote from Lawrence Odonnell that ranks with the dumbest ever spoken.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #23 on: September 02, 2010, 07:12:19 AM »

::)  ::)

chadstallion

• Getbig IV
« Reply #24 on: September 03, 2010, 05:58:59 AM »
A quote from Lawrence Odonnell that ranks with the dumbest ever spoken.

and how do you know Lawrence?
w