Author Topic: Muslim Soldier Refuses to Deploy to Afghanistan  (Read 2899 times)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
Muslim Soldier Refuses to Deploy to Afghanistan
« on: August 31, 2010, 04:53:18 PM »
I happened to be standing next to a couple old vets when this story came on and they were pissed.  One of them said "lock his *** up."  I agree. 

A U.S. Army soldier wants to leave the military service as a conscientious objector based on his beliefs as a Muslim, but he says he’s concerned he may be deployed to Afghanistan anyway.

Pfc. Naser [sic] Abdo, 20, an infantryman assigned to the 101st Airborne Division at Fort Campbell, Ky., said Monday that if the military orders him to deploy, he will refuse to go despite the fact that it may result in a military charge against him.

Rick Rzepka, a Fort Campbell spokesman, said Abdo’s deployment has been deferred, but the military could deploy him while a decision was being made on his request.

According to Army regulations, a soldier’s submission of a conscientious objector application will not preclude the soldier from deploying. Abdo’s unit, the division’s 1st Brigade Combat Team, has already deployed to Afghanistan. He was assigned to the brigade’s rear detachment, which remains at the installation during deployments. Read more...

http://www.thefoxnation.com/muslims/2010/08/24/muslim-soldier-refuses-deploy-afghanistan

boonasty

• Getbig IV
  • are you a famous getbigger? click on the globe!
Re: Muslim Soldier Refuses to Deploy to Afghanistan
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2010, 05:02:45 PM »

Pfc. Naser [sic] Abdo,

what will team nasser have to say about this

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
  • KILL CENTRAL BANKS, BUY BITCOIN.
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2010, 05:03:18 PM »
I wouldnt go either. Doesn't sound like a good place to spend Christmas.

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2010, 05:04:52 PM »
So he joined the military while the US was in the midst of two wars in Muslim countries and didn't expect to get deployed? Seems pretty foolish. He had to have enlisted with no intentions of fighting over there then.

George Whorewell

• Getbig V
  • TND
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2010, 05:13:31 PM »
Send his ass to jail for however long the Military Code of Justice demands. We have a volunteer army. If he doesn't like it, he shouldn't have enlisted in the first place.

I do not want him to be deployed if he's going to be dead weight or a potential saboteur for his Islamic brothers at arms. I would just send him to jail and then dishonorably discharge him. To do otherwise puts the rest of the men and women serving in harms way.

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2010, 05:14:10 PM »
So he joined the military while the US was in the midst of two wars in Muslim countries and didn't expect to get deployed? Seems pretty foolish. He had to have enlisted with no intentions of fighting over there then.

Have you been in the military BF?

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2010, 05:15:19 PM »
He said he doesn't want to kill fellow Muslims.   ::)

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2010, 05:16:02 PM »
I happened to be standing next to a couple old vets when this story came on and they were pissed.  One of them said "lock his *** up."  I agree. 

A U.S. Army soldier wants to leave the military service as a conscientious objector based on his beliefs as a Muslim, but he says he’s concerned he may be deployed to Afghanistan anyway.

Pfc. Naser [sic] Abdo, 20, an infantryman assigned to the 101st Airborne Division at Fort Campbell, Ky., said Monday that if the military orders him to deploy, he will refuse to go despite the fact that it may result in a military charge against him.

Rick Rzepka, a Fort Campbell spokesman, said Abdo’s deployment has been deferred, but the military could deploy him while a decision was being made on his request.

According to Army regulations, a soldier’s submission of a conscientious objector application will not preclude the soldier from deploying. Abdo’s unit, the division’s 1st Brigade Combat Team, has already deployed to Afghanistan. He was assigned to the brigade’s rear detachment, which remains at the installation during deployments. Read more...

http://www.thefoxnation.com/muslims/2010/08/24/muslim-soldier-refuses-deploy-afghanistan

My initial thought is: what's the difference between him as a Muslim citing religious reasons versus a christian doing the same thing?

Is the fact we are a volunteer army have anything to do with it as far as the law is concerned?  

when did the guy enlist?

Kazan

• Getbig V
  • Sic vis pacem, parabellum
« Reply #8 on: August 31, 2010, 05:23:41 PM »
The guy is 20 so 2007/2008 depending if his parents let him go when he was 17. My guess, joined to get the college money then found out he would actually have to fight. He's a fucking punk, and now is hoping that the story is public he will get a free pass.
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: August 31, 2010, 05:27:09 PM »
The guy is 20 so 2007/2008 depending if his parents let him go when he was 17. My guess, joined to get the college money then found out he would actually have to fight. He's a fucking punk, and now is hoping that the story is public he will get a free pass.

Well that kind of kills it right there IMO.

It would be different to me if he enlisted in 1999

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: August 31, 2010, 05:27:34 PM »
My initial thought is: what's the difference between him as a Muslim citing religious reasons versus a christian doing the same thing?

Is the fact we are a volunteer army have anything to do with it as far as the law is concerned?  

when did the guy enlist?

I would have the same opinion if he was Christian, Jewish, Catholic, atheist, etc.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: August 31, 2010, 05:28:15 PM »
Well that kind of kills it right there IMO.

It would be different to me if he enlisted in 1999

Why?

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: August 31, 2010, 05:32:26 PM »
Why?

Because he'd have a more credible reason.  Now, of course the actual law and the oath/agreement he signed  has bearing on the whole thing.   I don't believe a person can or should just opt out based on religious beliefs, especially in a volunteer army.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: August 31, 2010, 06:07:34 PM »
Because he'd have a more credible reason.  Now, of course the actual law and the oath/agreement he signed  has bearing on the whole thing.   I don't believe a person can or should just opt out based on religious beliefs, especially in a volunteer army.

What would be the credible reason?  That he joined during peace time and we went to war after he joined?  The whole purpose of the Army is to prepare for war (and fight if necessary). 

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: August 31, 2010, 07:04:03 PM »
What would be the credible reason?  That he joined during peace time and we went to war after he joined?  The whole purpose of the Army is to prepare for war (and fight if necessary). 

His reasoning was after the fact.  He joined while at war in Afghanistan/Irag, a war we are fighting against mostly professed religious radicals.  It makes his argument moot. 

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: August 31, 2010, 07:09:06 PM »
His reasoning was after the fact.  He joined while at war in Afghanistan/Irag, a war we are fighting against mostly professed religious radicals.  It makes his argument moot. 

Yes, but what difference would it have made if he joined before the war started?  Even if he joined in 99, it wouldn't have been with an agreement that he wouldn't deploy to Muslim countries.  The oath is fight all enemies foreign and domestic. 

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #16 on: August 31, 2010, 07:45:19 PM »

I'm betting he took the GI college money and paychecks and all that good stuff.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: August 31, 2010, 08:18:41 PM »
ya this dude joined up while we were already in afghanistan knowing that there was probably a good possibility that going in as an infantryman you would see some type of time in the middle east.

dont even give this moron the choice to go anymore just charge him and throw him in jail

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #18 on: August 31, 2010, 08:21:16 PM »
he was probably one of those d-bags who vandalized school buses or some silly shit like that... but thanks to political connections, was allowed to join the military to avoid going to jail.  some kinda trash.

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: August 31, 2010, 09:42:46 PM »
Yes, but what difference would it have made if he joined before the war started?  Even if he joined in 99, it wouldn't have been with an agreement that he wouldn't deploy to Muslim countries.  The oath is fight all enemies foreign and domestic. 

it doesn't make a difference it what should be done.  It does make a difference in the credibility and or integrity of his argument.  In this case he's completely full of shit.  If he had signed up in 1999 there might be some credible truth to his objection.

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #20 on: September 01, 2010, 01:33:58 AM »

Don't kid yourself. America is not fighting religious radicals. That's the propaganda that's fed to the public domestically. America is fighting political factions in the ME and those who want their country back, and want the invaders out. As for the soldier who is refusing to deploy... what the heck was he thinking when he enlisted? Did he think all those bodybags contained opium or heroin instead of dead bodies? OK probably some of them did... but geez. it's not it's been well publicized for the past 7 yrs that there's a war going on in Afghanistan and that Bush and his ilk were pushing a 'crusade'. Or did he just wke up to the BS & propaganda he previously bought into?
w

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #21 on: September 01, 2010, 03:06:33 AM »
It doesn't matter.  It's voluntary.  Signing up for military service means that you are committed to fighting anywhere, whoever, and for whatever reason you are ordered to, or face prison.

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
« Reply #22 on: September 01, 2010, 04:57:33 AM »
Don't kid yourself. America is not fighting religious radicals. That's the propaganda that's fed to the public domestically. America is fighting political factions in the ME and those who want their country back, and want the invaders out. As for the soldier who is refusing to deploy... what the heck was he thinking when he enlisted? Did he think all those bodybags contained opium or heroin instead of dead bodies? OK probably some of them did... but geez. it's not it's been well publicized for the past 7 yrs that there's a war going on in Afghanistan and that Bush and his ilk were pushing a 'crusade'. Or did he just wke up to the BS & propaganda he previously bought into?

Still lying and spouting off propaganda to defend Islam, eh? Shut the fuck up, googly-eyes.  

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: September 01, 2010, 05:37:29 AM »
Still lying and spouting off propaganda to defend Islam, eh? Shut the fuck up, googly-eyes.  

You are one bad ass warrior man. Are you gonna be the first dude on your street to kill a Muslim overseas and restore our honor?

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
  • Call the vet, cause these pythons are sick!
« Reply #24 on: September 01, 2010, 05:53:50 AM »
You can't use the religious belief excuse, like Ali did in Vietnam....he was avoiding service all together and said that fighting any war was against his religious beliefs.....this turd, volunteered.  Just court-martial him, send him to Leavenworth and leave him in the general population....justice would be served.