Author Topic: 2010 Mr. Olympia - Will the question finally get answered?  (Read 3804 times)

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
2010 Mr. Olympia - Will the question finally get answered?
« on: August 31, 2010, 05:56:25 PM »
If Kai or Phil wins being a Weider athlete will that set in stone that in your opinions the O is fixed?  Obviously how they look will play a part.

OR If Jay wins will you finally believe there is no Weider Athlete conspiracy?

There is no way in hell I see Phil beating Jay....As Bobert always says, it's about match-ups and Phil doesn't match up very well with Jay...Jay is so much bigger and so much wider and just as detailed minus the back double bi...I just don't see how Phil wins unless Jay retires, He has so much going against him.

Kai is a better match up same height, same size and depending on the day conditioning can go either way and Kai's back double bi is much better than Jay's in fact it's between he and narrow ass Phil.  Anwho, this is not about Kai ;D

BTW I'm still team Kai! 8)

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
Re: So gents a question finally gets answered at the O....
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2010, 06:09:26 PM »
BTW, until Phil wins the Arnold, he won't win the O...

James Blunt

• Getbig IV
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2010, 06:09:44 PM »
The Weider conspiracy is pretty real. Before I read internet bodybuilding news all I had to rely on was magazine hype. If you're just reading magazines you think that those are the guys to beat. The judges are looking at them. I don't read magazines much anymore but I remember when I did in 03-04 the Jay, Ronnie, and Gunter hype was ridiculous.

tendonitis

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2010, 06:10:52 PM »
Phil or Kai will win the Olympia.
Period.

G_Thang

• Getbig V
  • The World South of the USA isnt for pussies!
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2010, 06:18:06 PM »

God Love Spanish Harlem.

Vic.

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2010, 06:18:39 PM »
I've noticed an unfortunate 'anywho' habit creeping into your posts lately, Mr Wiggs.  Are you aware of this development?

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2010, 06:20:19 PM »
I've noticed an unfortunate 'anywho' habit creeping into your posts lately, Mr Wiggs.  Are you aware of this development?

I use it in real life, yeah I know, quite white of me along with, "Cool beans" "buddy" "pal" and many other words I use... ;D

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2010, 06:22:10 PM »
I use it in real life, yeah I know, quite white of me along with, "Cool beans" "buddy" "pal" and many other words I use... ;D

If'n you say so, 'Mac.'  ;)

Master Blaster

• Getbig V
  • Not sure if getbig full of trolls or trolls getbig
« Reply #8 on: August 31, 2010, 06:25:04 PM »
Like getting attacked by a bunch of bull dog dykes.

smoking blunts

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #9 on: August 31, 2010, 06:25:50 PM »
Well... IMO, the people who continually mock conspiracy theorists are usually those with the most to gain from said conspiracies remaining in place.

Bush was the first and loudest to say "let us never tolerate outrageous conspiracy theories about 911", when govt document later revealed he had a damn good idea what would happen that day, and he told his own people not to fly that morning.

Obama and MSNBC have been the loudest (pre-emptively I might add) to mock the Obama birth cert issue - which is a legit question, if you want the top job in the country.

When it comes to the Olympia theory, I guess we'll see.  My $ has said for 6 months that jay won't enter this show.

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
  • sometimes you get the elevator, somtimes the shaft
« Reply #10 on: August 31, 2010, 06:31:37 PM »
Well... IMO, the people who continually mock conspiracy theorists are usually those with the most to gain from said conspiracies remaining in place.

Bush was the first and loudest to say "let us never tolerate outrageous conspiracy theories about 911", when govt document later revealed he had a damn good idea what would happen that day, and he told his own people not to fly that morning.

Obama and MSNBC have been the loudest (pre-emptively I might add) to mock the Obama birth cert issue - which is a legit question, if you want the top job in the country.

When it comes to the Olympia theory, I guess we'll see.  My $ has said for 6 months that jay won't enter this show.

looks like your $$ aint going to far....isnt a chance on this earth Jay doesnt compete

benchmstr

• Getbig V
  • Raging drunk
« Reply #11 on: August 31, 2010, 06:33:39 PM »

i wouldnt sy its the top job.....just the top government job...

and either kai, or phil will win....or maybe jay is staying quiet so weider gets him back as the "greatest underdog" again...

bench

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #12 on: August 31, 2010, 06:38:30 PM »
The Weider conspiracy is pretty real. Before I read internet bodybuilding news all I had to rely on was magazine hype. If you're just reading magazines you think that those are the guys to beat. The judges are looking at them. I don't read magazines much anymore but I remember when I did in 03-04 the Jay, Ronnie, and Gunter hype was ridiculous.
Ronnie won in 1998 w/o being a Weider athlete, he was a brotha from another planet...

Ron

• Getbigistrator
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Re: Mr. Olympia - So will a question finally gets answered
« Reply #13 on: August 31, 2010, 06:40:41 PM »
If Kai is the best on stage, he will win. Same with Phil.   Kai beat Phil at the Arnold Classic earlier this year, and many thought Phil should of won.  I had Kai winning that one, based on overall muscularity vs symmetry.  But anything can happen at the Olympia.

Never count Jay out - he looked great last year.  If he comes in dailed like that, he can win again. But if he comes off, like he did in the past, he will lose.

As for Branch Warren and Dexter Jackson, don't forget Branch was 2nd last year at the Olympia, surprising everyone.

Forget the fix - there is too much going on with live webcasts, pictures and more right away.

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
« Reply #14 on: August 31, 2010, 06:42:07 PM »
Ronnie won in 1998 w/o being a Weider athlete, he was a brotha from another planet...

There was no returning champ and the returning champ didn't go to the "other" side...

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #15 on: August 31, 2010, 06:45:41 PM »
If Kai is the best on stage, he will win. Same with Phil.   Kai beat Phil at the Arnold Classic earlier this year, and many thought Phil should of won.  I had Kai winning that one, based on overall muscularity vs symmetry.  But anything can happen at the Olympia.

Never count Jay out - he looked great last year.  If he comes in dailed like that, he can win again. But if he comes off, like he did in the past, he will lose.

As for Branch Warren and Dexter Jackson, don't forget Branch was 2nd last year at the Olympia, surprising everyone.

Forget the fix - there is too much going on with live webcasts, pictures and more right away.
Branch being second surprised everyone, including him, because he didn't deserve...that was the biggest fix ever, since Peter Putnam getting his pro card

whatever happened, Branch's anus was probably wide enough to drive his truck thru it...

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: August 31, 2010, 06:46:26 PM »
There was no returning champ and the returning champ didn't go to the "other" side...

You mean like in 1984 when Lee Haney beat out Weider endorsed Samir Bannout (defending champion) ?

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
« Reply #17 on: August 31, 2010, 06:46:36 PM »

Ha, Ha!  Yaroni, Dex and Branch will never topple all those beasts...Dex never again and Branch's days of gifts are done...Yaroni why do you keep saying Jay is an underdog. Jay is the favorite!  He looked the best he ever did minus 01 O.  He's clearly the favorite.

Oh yeah and Phil aint beating Jay and Kai in the same show...You hear that Phil?  Cause I know you read these from your PMs to me...

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: August 31, 2010, 06:47:25 PM »
Branch being second surprised everyone, including him, because he didn't deserve...that was the biggest fix ever, since Peter Putnam getting his pro card

whatever happened, Branch's anus was probably wide enough to drive his truck thru it...

LOL...so now the "fix" was for a MD athlete to beat out the other Weider athletes for runner-up?

Master Blaster

• Getbig V
  • Not sure if getbig full of trolls or trolls getbig
« Reply #19 on: August 31, 2010, 06:48:51 PM »

Ron, I am so sorry for my post comparing Kai to a toilet overflowing with human waste. You or your moderators showed smart thinking in deleting it so quickly.

What sort of monster have I become?  :'(

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
« Reply #20 on: August 31, 2010, 06:49:50 PM »
You mean like in 1984 when Lee Haney beat out Weider endorsed Samir Bannout (defending champion) ?

I knew you would say that and I still don't have an answer to that.... ;D

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
« Reply #21 on: August 31, 2010, 06:50:30 PM »
Ron, I am so sorry for my post comparing Kai to a toilet overflowing with human waste. You or your moderators showed smart thinking in deleting it so quickly.

What sort of monster have I become?  :'(

You are forgiven...

War-Horse

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: August 31, 2010, 07:04:35 PM »
Victor martinez been training a year for this and has monster wheels. If mcneil brings him in full, dry, grainy.......you never know... 8)

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
« Reply #23 on: August 31, 2010, 07:15:50 PM »
Victor martinez been training a year for this and has monster wheels. If mcneil brings him in full, dry, grainy.......you never know... 8)

It'd be a terrible waste if Vic went his whole career without an O.  He still has the best structure and overall combo of shape and size...He just can't nail his conditioning...If he somehow fucks it up, I'll never speak of him as a contender again...Unfortunatly I feel too many guys have passed him up....Jay with his new found conditioning and Kai with his newfound size and conditioning and Phil with his conditioning.  We'll see on Vic the highest I see him getting is 2nd and he'd have to be lights out...

War-Horse

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: August 31, 2010, 07:39:11 PM »
It'd be a terrible waste if Vic went his whole career without an O.  He still has the best structure and overall combo of shape and size...He just can't nail his conditioning...If he somehow fucks it up, I'll never speak of him as a contender again...Unfortunatly I feel too many guys have passed him up....Jay with his new found conditioning and Kai with his newfound size and conditioning and Phil with his conditioning.  We'll see on Vic the highest I see him getting is 2nd and he'd have to be lights out...

True. Im a fan of vic too.  Ive never seen such symmetry, roundness, and structure.   He just has to dry out those hams/glutes.......

Yes jay has finally figured out how to get seperation between muscle groups, kai is starting to exceed his structure like branch warren and will be a mess soon.  Phil may be maxed out soon also on his frame......his seperation is crazy tho!!