Author Topic: For my 2000th post...  (Read 2890 times)

TacoBell

• Getbig V
  • Team FTN
For my 2000th post...
« on: August 31, 2010, 07:50:57 PM »
Its been just about 4 years since I registered this account and this is my 2000th post (stupid wife/kids/responsibilities getting in the way).
Id like to say the following:
End the 'war or drugs' start the 'war on islam'.

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
Re: For my 2000th post...
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2010, 07:51:25 PM »
Here here!!!
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

TacoBell

• Getbig V
  • Team FTN
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2010, 08:00:02 PM »

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2010, 10:10:39 PM »
NICE....all though all the liberal will hate you now!

Cy Tolliver

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2010, 10:11:57 PM »

yea and the conservatives will hate him to for ending the war on drugs
TEAM LAURA LEE!

TacoBell

• Getbig V
  • Team FTN
« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2010, 06:44:48 AM »
Politically I'm all over the map so everyone can hate me in that regard.  But the way I see our country progressing, in 25 years half our population will be in prison for some meaningless 'crime' and islam will be the dominant religion of those who are free. 

dave19

• Getbig III
« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2010, 06:54:32 AM »
All religions are made up BS to control the masses.

I don't see what is particularly bad about Islam in comparison to other religions. Most of them are 95% identical .. same story , different names.

Islam will loose it's importance the same way Christianity did.

War is certainly not the way to preserve your wealth and culture.

Butterbean

• Special Guests
  • Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: September 01, 2010, 07:12:20 AM »
All religions are made up BS to control the masses.

I don't see what is particularly bad about Islam in comparison to other religions. Most of them are 95% identical .. same story , different names.

Islam will loose it's importance the same way Christianity did.

War is certainly not the way to preserve your wealth and culture.

How does Christianity control the masses?
R

dave19

• Getbig III
« Reply #8 on: September 01, 2010, 07:23:34 AM »

Well nowadays it hardly controls a lot of people but it used to.

People are easy to manipulate. People followed the rules that are written in the bible because they had fear of punishment after death. Christians murdered thousands of innocent people in the name of god and in hope of reward after death. Everything was made up by some clever people who wanted sheep instead of free-thinking citizens. The bible is completely fictional , yet people used to live by it. Not saying that everything that is written in the bible or koran or is bad - some of the most fundamental rules for living together in peace are in there like you should not kill.. but there's also a lot of BS in it and it's even worse what people made out of it.

I do believe in god but I doubt that god would care if we work on sundays or some BS like that. I think you should just live your life the way you want to without hurting the freedom of others. No religion necessary..

Butterbean

• Special Guests
  • Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: September 01, 2010, 07:31:19 AM »
Well nowadays it hardly controls a lot of people but it used to.

People are easy to manipulate. People followed the rules that are written in the bible because they had fear of punishment after death. Christians murdered thousands of innocent people in the name of god and in hope of reward after death. Everything was made up by some clever people who wanted sheep instead of free-thinking citizens. The bible is completely fictional , yet people used to live by it. Not saying that everything that is written in the bible or koran or is bad - some of the most fundamental rules for living together in peace are in there like you should not kill.. but there's also a lot of BS in it and it's even worse what people made out of it.

I do believe in god but I doubt that god would care if we work on sundays or some BS like that. I think you should just live your life the way you want to without hurting the freedom of others. No religion necessary..

Christianity is about God's grace and faith ...not "following rules because of fear of punishment after death."  In fact the bible states that you can't even be saved by being "good..." it is by "grace through faith, and not of works so that no one can boast" EPH 2:8,9.

I do agree that organized religion can be a terrible thing though.  Christianity is not an organized religion...but some Denominations do profess Christianity as the basis of their organized religion.  This is not always true and when a belief system becomes "organized by humans" it always becomes messed up and corrupt.
R

dave19

• Getbig III
« Reply #10 on: September 01, 2010, 11:06:03 AM »
Christianity is about God's grace and faith ...not "following rules because of fear of punishment after death."  In fact the bible states that you can't even be saved by being "good..." it is by "grace through faith, and not of works so that no one can boast" EPH 2:8,9.

I do agree that organized religion can be a terrible thing though.  Christianity is not an organized religion...but some Denominations do profess Christianity as the basis of their organized religion.  This is not always true and when a belief system becomes "organized by humans" it always becomes messed up and corrupt.

Yeah I kinda agree with your post. Religion is not an evil thing per se - it's people who abuse religion that make it one. I think belief is quite a personal and individual thing and it can definitely help you in some situations in life even if you just believe in god to take some of the fear of death away. So for me there is not really a need for a religion. I bet there are religions out there that are just that - a religion and not some instrument to manipulate people. Christianity does not belong to that group though. What do you mean by "is not an organized religion" ? What about the catholic church ?

~UN_$ung~

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Been real, been nice...but it hasnt been Real Nice
« Reply #11 on: September 01, 2010, 11:15:38 AM »
Its been just about 4 years since I registered this account and this is my 2000th post (stupid wife/kids/responsibilities getting in the way).

ToxicAvenger

• Getbig V
  • I thawt I taw a twat!
« Reply #12 on: September 01, 2010, 11:16:39 AM »

spoken like a true jahidi! :-\
carpe` vaginum!

#1 Klaus fan

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: September 01, 2010, 11:24:09 AM »

If you have to ask, you'll never know.

Butterbean

• Special Guests
  • Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: September 01, 2010, 11:28:57 AM »
Yeah I kinda agree with your post. Religion is not an evil thing per se - it's people who abuse religion that make it one. I think belief is quite a personal and individual thing and it can definitely help you in some situations in life even if you just believe in god to take some of the fear of death away. So for me there is not really a need for a religion. I bet there are religions out there that are just that - a religion and not some instrument to manipulate people. Christianity does not belong to that group though. What do you mean by "is not an organized religion" ? What about the catholic church ?

Some people would question whether what some Roman Catholic churches teach is Christianity.  I'm not saying all do but the RCCs I've come into contact with teach tradition and/or Pope's etc. ideas over what the bible teaches....and a lot of times it's in direct opposition to the bible.  Again, I'm not saying all RCC's do this but the ones I've come into contact with (obviously a small percentage in the scope of things).

We may be having a Learning Thread on the RCC on the Relig. Board if a knowledgeable poster is interested.  I'll let you know if it happens if you like or you can just check the Relig. Board.
R

#1 Klaus fan

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: September 01, 2010, 12:39:35 PM »
Some people would question whether what some Roman Catholic churches teach is Christianity.  I'm not saying all do but the RCCs I've come into contact with teach tradition and/or Pope's etc. ideas over what the bible teaches....and a lot of times it's in direct opposition to the bible.  Again, I'm not saying all RCC's do this but the ones I've come into contact with (obviously a small percentage in the scope of things).

We may be having a Learning Thread on the RCC on the Relig. Board if a knowledgeable poster is interested.  I'll let you know if it happens if you like or you can just check the Relig. Board.

No-one follows the Bible, so what the fuck does this all matter.

benchmstr

• Getbig V
  • Raging drunk
« Reply #16 on: September 01, 2010, 12:42:36 PM »
If you have to ask, you'll never know your under control.
fixed

bench

Captain Equipoise

• Getbig V
  • back from the dead...
« Reply #17 on: September 01, 2010, 01:31:51 PM »
the CIA should really publish an expose on the war on drugs, hah ;)

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
  • KILL CENTRAL BANKS, BUY BITCOIN.
« Reply #18 on: September 01, 2010, 05:36:47 PM »

Go get em John Wayne and send your "stupid wife" while your at it. 

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: September 01, 2010, 11:23:43 PM »
I wouldn't hate him for saying that, it's just his opinion, nothing worth hating the guy over.  I would say it's no big deal choosing the wife/kids/responsibilities over getbig.  It would be worse putting getbig over family.  I also think that both wars are stupid.  Seriously, start a war on Islam?  Shit we've already done nothing but reinforce Islam with what we're doing.  Islam sucks but the quickest way to grow it will be to go to war with it.  Totally wrong approach imo.

Arnold jr

• Getbig V
  • fleshandiron.com
« Reply #20 on: September 01, 2010, 11:59:18 PM »
yea and the conservatives will hate him to for ending the war on drugs

Adoption of the Uniform Drug Act: FDR (D)

The Comprehensive Drug Abuse Prevention & Control Act and DEA Creted: Introduced by Nixon (R)

Creation of the ONDCP: Purpose, research and health policy: Introduced by Reagan (R)

ONDC Raised to cabinet level: Clinton (D)

1990 Steroid Control Act: Written by Joe Biden (D)
-Passed by a Democrat led congress

2004 Steroid Control Act: Written by Joe Biden (D)
--Passed by a Republican led congress that resembles progressive ideology

Steroid Baseball Hearings: Led by Henry Waxman (D)

Cy Tolliver

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #21 on: September 02, 2010, 12:03:40 AM »
Adoption of the Uniform Drug Act: FDR (D)

The Comprehensive Drug Abuse Prevention & Control Act and DEA Creted: Introduced by Nixon (R)

Creation of the ONDCP: Purpose, research and health policy: Introduced by Reagan (R)

ONDC Raised to cabinet level: Clinton (D)

1990 Steroid Control Act: Written by Joe Biden (D)
-Passed by a Democrat led congress

2004 Steroid Control Act: Written by Joe Biden (D)
--Passed by a Republican led congress that resembles progressive ideology

Steroid Baseball Hearings: Led by Henry Waxman (D)

looks like im an idiot doesnt it  :D
TEAM LAURA LEE!

dario73

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #22 on: September 02, 2010, 07:58:27 AM »
looks like im an idiot doesnt it  :D

Don't worry. You have the company of Klaus fan and benchmstr.