Author Topic: Poll: Most Minnesota Voters Don't Want to See Pawlenty as President  (Read 8293 times)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Re: Poll: Most Minnesota Voters Don't Want to See Pawlenty as President
« Reply #75 on: April 13, 2011, 07:48:33 AM »
No - you want the nice sap who wont go after your messiah, play the nice guy, and lose 49 51 to obamao and give him a second term.  I wat to someone who is going to take n the communist piece of trash obama head on like Bachmann/West/Trump/Cain etc.   

how many states would trump win with his birther platform, 33?

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #76 on: April 13, 2011, 07:53:31 AM »

how many states would trump win with his birther platform, 33?

He is using the birther platform to get in good with the rabid GOP base, and its working.   He already is tied for first.   When he gets the nod - he will talk jobs, oil, respect, etc and CRUSH your messiah like a trash compactor does tin cans.       

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #77 on: April 13, 2011, 08:12:01 AM »
He is using the birther platform to get in good with the rabid GOP base, and its working.   He already is tied for first.   When he gets the nod - he will talk jobs, oil, respect, etc and CRUSH your messiah like a trash compactor does tin cans.       

I thought obama was Ozmo's messiah...

???

Ozmo, you trying to steal my messiah?  Put up your dunks, chump!

Benny B

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Ron = 'Princess L' & many other gimmicks - FACT!
« Reply #78 on: April 13, 2011, 08:34:12 AM »
It doesn't matter what "Minnesota voters" want. Good 'N Pawlenty will be the repube nominee. So either learn to love and embrace 'em now, or prepare to stay home and cry on Election Day, November 2012.  ;)
!

MM2K

• Getbig IV
« Reply #79 on: April 13, 2011, 10:57:14 PM »
I hope you guys arent surpised by this or find it to be a reflection on Pawlenty. Its MINNESOTA, what do you expect? Youre talking about the only state that Reagan didnt carry in '84, the place that elected Jesse Ventura as governor, and the place that elected Al Franken to the Senate. Quite frankly, I would be concerned if they did want him as president.
Jan. Jobs: 36,000!!

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #80 on: April 14, 2011, 10:14:17 AM »
I hope you guys arent surpised by this or find it to be a reflection on Pawlenty. Its MINNESOTA, what do you expect? Youre talking about the only state that Reagan didnt carry in '84, the place that elected Jesse Ventura as governor, and the place that elected Al Franken to the Senate. Quite frankly, I would be concerned if they did want him as president.

Good point.  Although they at least put Jesse Ventura in office before he fell apart. 

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #81 on: April 21, 2011, 12:48:09 PM »
Pawlenty Just Can’t Seem to Get Noticed
Thursday, 21 Apr 2011 12:53 PM
By Andra Varin

Tim Pawlenty’s got a lot of appeal on paper, but for some reason he never gets as much press as other potential Republican presidential candidates.

Writing in The Atlantic, Joshua Green takes a look at why the former Minnesota government is being eclipsed in the media by more colorful figures, such as Donald Trump and Sarah Palin.

“Pawlenty is one of several accomplished, credentialed Republicans having a much harder time breaking through than they ever would have imagined,” Green says.

“As much as anyone, he's the victim of the conservative electorate's sharp turn to the right and its appetite for bombast over competence and professionalism.”

Green points out that Pawlenty had to work with a Democratic-led Legislature in Minnesota, where “they’re not big on bombast.” Now, he’s stressing his evangelical faith and trying to woo the tea party as he seeks to emphasize his conservative credentials.

And while he may be accused of playing conservative to woo support, Minnesotans say he’s always been that way.

“Pawlenty is the most conservative governor we've seen in the modern era," Lawrence Jacobs, who directs the Center for the Study of Politics and Governance at the University of Minnesota, told Green. "But he had the political intelligence to not come across that way."

http://www.newsmax.com/InsideCover/Pawlenty-media-noticed-Trump/2011/04/21/id/393667

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #82 on: May 20, 2011, 11:24:39 AM »
Pawlenty headed to Iowa to formally declare candidacy
By: CNN's Paul Steinhauser Peter Hamby and Kevin Bohn

(CNN) – Tim Pawlenty's making it official, and the location where he's doing it is no surprise.

A source close to the former Minnesota governor tells CNN that Pawlenty will formally announce his candidacy for president Monday morning in neighboring Iowa. The Hawkeye State's caucuses kick off the presidential primary and caucus calendar and a strong finish in Iowa is crucial for Pawlenty's hopes of winning the Republican presidential nomination.

Pawlenty's announcement at an event in Des Moines will kick off a multi-state campaign swing that also includes Florida, New Hampshire, New York and Washington D.C.

The formal declaration of candidacy has been expected. Pawlenty was the first of what are considered the major GOP White House contenders to form a presidential exploratory committee, filing with the Federal Election Commission on March 21.

. . .

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2011/05/20/pawlenty-headed-to-iowa-to-formally-declare-candidacy/#more-160086

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #83 on: May 20, 2011, 11:40:08 AM »
t-paw is one exciting dude

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #84 on: May 23, 2011, 11:36:12 AM »
Republican Pawlenty Announces Run for U.S. President
Sunday, 22 May 2011 09:33 PM

Former Minnesota Governor Tim Pawlenty announced Sunday that he is seeking the 2012 Republican presidential nomination.

Pawlenty made the announcement in a video on his website in a preview of a formal announcement Monday.

"Tomorrow my first campaign stop will be in Iowa and that's where I'm going to begin a campaign that tells the American people the truth," Pawlenty said in the video. "I'm Tim Pawlenty and I'm running for president of the United States."

Pawlenty, known as "T-Paw" to his supporters, was a popular two-term governor in a big swing state, giving him credibility as a Republican who can attract vital support from independent voters.

Pawlenty announced in March that he would set up a presidential exploratory committee. He was the first senior Republican to do so.

Some political observers say the Republican presidential field shaping up to challenge Democratic President Barack Obama is lacking.

Former Massachusetts Governor Mitt Romney has been leading some early polls for the Republican presidential nomination. Newt Gingrich, a former speaker of the U.S. House who entered the race two weeks ago, has had a rocky start having drawn the ire of fellow conservatives by criticizing a Republican plan to overhaul the Medicare health insurance program for the elderly.

Prominent Republicans such as Indiana Governor Mitch Daniels, former Arkansas Governor Mike Huckabee and Mississippi Governor Haley Barbour have decided not to join the race.

Two potential candidates with ties to the conservative tea party movement, U.S. Representative Michele Bachmann and 2008 vice presidential nominee Sarah Palin, have not announced their plans.

http://www.newsmax.com/InsideCover/pawlenty-gop-president/2011/05/22/id/397284

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #85 on: May 23, 2011, 11:49:33 AM »
He needs to get a bit louder and more agreesive, but i like him.   

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #86 on: May 23, 2011, 11:55:04 AM »
He needs to get a bit louder and more agreesive, but i like him.   

Not sure that's in his personality, but I like what I've heard from him. 

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #87 on: May 23, 2011, 12:04:01 PM »
he's john kerry all over again.   stiff and awkward.  i'd vote for him over obama.  but i hope another repub emerges from the field as the winner.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #88 on: May 23, 2011, 12:15:01 PM »
Tim Pawlenty wiped a serial child molester’s record clean in 2008

Former Minnesota Governor Tim Pawlenty formally announced his campaign seeking the GOP nomination for the presidency Monday morning, but by midday, his political past had already caught up to him. Reporting by Minneapolis City Pages' Nick Pinto brought to attention a pardon then-Gov. Pawlenty granted to a sex offender in October 2008, which is sure to haunt the candidate throughout his campaign: the man Pawlenty pardoned was later arrested again for molesting his daughter more than 250 times in an eight-year span, including six years prior to his pardon.

Jeremy Giefer served 45 days in prison in 1994 after being convicted of statutory rape. However, because he married the then-14-year-old girl and stuck around to father the child they conceived together, he begged the state for an extraordinary pardon, which would no longer require Giefer to report himself as a sex offender.

The board — which includes the Minnesota attorney general, the chief justice of the Minnesota Supreme Court, and the governor (Pawlenty, at the time) — voted unanimously to pardon Giefer.

The damning details came in November 2010, when Giefer was again arrested on counts of sex with an underage girl — this time with the daughter he had conceived with Susan before his first rape charge. According to the complaint his daughter, identified in court documents as C.G., filed, Griefer would often make her have sex with him or perform oral sex on him as a favor before he would give her permission to do things, and that he put her on birth control when she was 15 years old so that she wouldn't get pregnant when he raped her without a condom. The abuse started when she was 9 years old.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #89 on: May 23, 2011, 12:18:16 PM »
Cancel Christmas.   ::)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #90 on: May 23, 2011, 12:21:14 PM »
Cancel Christmas.   ::)

yeah, i'm sure this pardon isn't a big deal.  Didn't affect huckabee a bit.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #91 on: May 23, 2011, 12:22:26 PM »
yeah, i'm sure this pardon isn't a big deal.  Didn't affect huckabee a bit.

No, it did not. 

"The board — which includes the Minnesota attorney general, the chief justice of the Minnesota Supreme Court, and the governor (Pawlenty, at the time) — voted unanimously to pardon Giefer."

Oh yeah, his campaign is toast over this.  lol

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #92 on: May 23, 2011, 12:25:35 PM »
If governors Mitt and Huntsman didn't pardon a child molester.... and another governor did...

I'd much rather republican voters select the non-pardoner.

It gives the GOP a better chance to defeat Obama.  I sure as hell don't want Code Pink screaming about the rape of a child due to Pawlenty's vote, and it giving soccer mom votes to Obama.

I'd rather repubs choose a candidate without this kind of BS on their record.  It doesn't defeat his campaign, but it sure makes the other repubs a better option.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #93 on: May 23, 2011, 12:36:11 PM »
The board voted unanimously to pardon the guy, so to say Pawlenty pardoned him is misleading.  I don't care about this.  I doubt most of the voters will care either. 

Pawlenty's biggest problems are name recognition and his lack of charisma.   

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #94 on: May 23, 2011, 12:45:46 PM »
Tim Pawlenty wiped a serial child molester’s record clean in 2008

Former Minnesota Governor Tim Pawlenty formally announced his campaign seeking the GOP nomination for the presidency Monday morning, but by midday, his political past had already caught up to him. Reporting by Minneapolis City Pages' Nick Pinto brought to attention a pardon then-Gov. Pawlenty granted to a sex offender in October 2008, which is sure to haunt the candidate throughout his campaign: the man Pawlenty pardoned was later arrested again for molesting his daughter more than 250 times in an eight-year span, including six years prior to his pardon.

Jeremy Giefer served 45 days in prison in 1994 after being convicted of statutory rape. However, because he married the then-14-year-old girl and stuck around to father the child they conceived together, he begged the state for an extraordinary pardon, which would no longer require Giefer to report himself as a sex offender.The board — which includes the Minnesota attorney general, the chief justice of the Minnesota Supreme Court, and the governor (Pawlenty, at the time) — voted unanimously to pardon Giefer.

The damning details came in November 2010, when Giefer was again arrested on counts of sex with an underage girl — this time with the daughter he had conceived with Susan before his first rape charge. According to the complaint his daughter, identified in court documents as C.G., filed, Griefer would often make her have sex with him or perform oral sex on him as a favor before he would give her permission to do things, and that he put her on birth control when she was 15 years old so that she wouldn't get pregnant when he raped her without a condom. The abuse started when she was 9 years old.

wtf ?

the girl was 14 and they pardoned him because he married her

how the %##? is that even legal and why would that change the fact that he fucked a child?

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #95 on: May 23, 2011, 12:49:03 PM »
wtf ?
how the %##? is that even legal and why would that change the fact that he fucked a child?

pretty disturbing stuff.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #96 on: May 23, 2011, 12:51:08 PM »
Not exactly financially responsible either - Other republicans criticize his insane spending.  I hope repubs go in another direction. 

Arne Carlson, a Republican who was governor of Minnesota from 1991 to 1999, recently told Time magazine of the presidential hopeful, “I don’t think any governor has left behind a worse financial mess than he has.” Carlson is an avowed fiscal conservative who, in his retirement, has led a “Paul Revere Tour” to raise alarm about the state’s finances. Carlson has been a frequent critic of Pawlenty’s fiscal mismanagement and in April, he told Minn Post that Pawlenty undid important fiscal reforms and is solely to blame for the state’s fiscal morass:

“Under Tim Pawlenty, it became deficit heaven,” said Carlson. “All the things we did were undone. Now, what bothers me is you get these holier-than-thou attitudes. Oh, we’re all to blame. But that’s just not true. There’s one person who has the power to insist on a balanced budget. That’s the chief executive officer, the governor.”

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #97 on: May 23, 2011, 01:28:32 PM »
wtf ?

You can get a pardon for anything... There is no legal requirement. As long as it was a state crime, the governor can do it... No evidence needed regarding anything.

It's at will... It's pretty fucked up though.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #98 on: May 24, 2011, 10:13:20 AM »
Children who are the victims of failed personal responsibility are not my problem, nor are they the problem for our government.

- Tim Pawlenty.

Originally published in the Aitkin Independent Age Newspaper

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #99 on: May 24, 2011, 10:16:32 AM »
And?   We are broke moron.   We cant afford to pay for all your leftist welfare scams anymore.