Author Topic: Stephen Hawking: God didn't create universe  (Read 55196 times)

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
  • Go back to making jewelry and cakes with your girl
Re: Stephen Hawking: God didn't create universe
« Reply #150 on: September 03, 2010, 07:53:23 PM »
I'd rather think beleif in god is humbleness not arrogance. It takes humbleness to believe there is something we don't quite get. Trying to say what that something is, starts all the arrogance. If you get what I mean. It takes a great deal of wisdom to say their is a god, and a great deal of selfish arrogance to say he thinks you are important.

I disagree , it takes faith to believe something you don't quite get and faith is the lack of evidence. And God is the epitome of arrogance , he creates humans with flaws and then punishes them for said flaws and then needs constant praise and adoration , which proves his human origins

the whole idea is retarded , he's going to create an entire Universe just for humans to hang out for a while obey him , praise him and then if your lucky you get to another place all together  ::) and if not Oh Boy  ::)

God needs to be obeyed and praise it really doesn't get much more arrogant than that.

che

• Getbig V
« Reply #151 on: September 03, 2010, 08:13:09 PM »
''Gods are fragile things ; they may be killed by a whiff of science or a dose of common sense "
                                                                                                                                       RON AVIDAN

titusisback

• Getbig V
  • Team Ban Mom Lostabet
« Reply #152 on: September 03, 2010, 09:01:29 PM »

MP

• Getbig IV
  • Heavy metal. The only way.
« Reply #153 on: September 03, 2010, 09:19:11 PM »
It's of the utmost arrogance to think that there is no god or creator.

The evidence is right in front of you. Look at the order of the universe and the incredible depth of human emotions. No other "animals" have such a range.

Religion is where the understanding of God gets messed up.

If there is no God, eternal soul or after life, what's the point of living? Just kill yourself now. You won't know the difference.

But yet, something is stopping you from offing yourself? What exactly is it?

And don't say inbred survival instinct. It's something greater than that.

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
  • DON'T BE A TRAITOR TO YOUR TRIBE
« Reply #154 on: September 03, 2010, 09:20:55 PM »

The evidence is right in front of you. Look at the order of the universe and the incredible depth of human emotions. No other "animals" have such a range.

If there is no God, eternal soul or after life, what's the point of living? Just kill yourself now. You won't know the difference.

Creator OBVIOUSLY. God, not so sure!

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #155 on: September 03, 2010, 09:24:41 PM »

Sorry, none of this proves a God exists. The above is all speculation which appeals to your emotions. There is nothing in the above argument that is logical or rational that would prove the existence of a God.
X

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
  • DON'T BE A TRAITOR TO YOUR TRIBE
« Reply #156 on: September 03, 2010, 09:25:09 PM »
also a very good post.

we're so simple and arrogant it's laughable.  We die of things like blood clots and slippery sidewalks... yet we are brash enough to believe we know the origins of the huge and massive universe(s).

We crap in diapers for 2 years, we marry the wrong people, we drink til we vomit, we spend decades in the wrong career... yet we feel we are wise enough to believe we "know" the universe came from this or that.

In 1000 years, scientists will totally just laugh at what we thought we knew in 2010.  They'll see us like we see the caveman, given the amount of innovation and technology the world will see by then.  Our thinking will be compared to animals... "They went BALD?"  or "They ate the flesh of living creatures" or "They lived to be less than 200? WTF"

They will pity our shitty existence, and all the silly things we thought we knew.  As will the people that come 1000 years after them.

Is that why you carry a gun? Or are you a person who truly believes that family members are truly possessions?

jr

• Getbig V
  • No homo of peace
« Reply #157 on: September 03, 2010, 10:04:46 PM »

The parts of life that bring happiness and pleasure (as well as other things) is what keeps people going. These feelings can be explained biologically. For example eating a nice meal when hungry feels good, and the reason is that biologically food keeps you alive. Sex feels good because sex leads to reproduction and therefore beneficial for the survival of the species.

People who commit suicide are either stuck in a situation that leads to no happiness such as terminal painful disease like cancer, being in a prison like existance. or a mental disorder such as clinical depression where the brain is not working properly.

Your genes contain the program that you operate on. All your genes want is for you to reach reproductive age so that you can pass the genes into your offspring. Your genes/dna are using your body as a temporary vehicle to survive and therefore equips you with certain emotions such as happiness and pleasure which help the genes in their quest for continued survival.

This is the reason we share 60% of our genetic material with fruit flys and 98% with chimpanzees. The genes survived over long periods of evolution, whereas the individual animals/humans have short lifespans which is just enough to pass on the gene.

che

• Getbig V
« Reply #158 on: September 03, 2010, 10:13:43 PM »

If there is no God, eternal soul or after life, what's the point of living?

I feel sorry for you

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #159 on: September 03, 2010, 10:16:11 PM »
I feel sorry for you

Same here. Isn't it quite sad that he can only live for God. I can think of at least 100 other reason to live for. One of the reason is waking up every day to post on GB.  :D :D 8) 8)
X

che

• Getbig V
« Reply #160 on: September 03, 2010, 10:22:26 PM »
One of the reason is waking up every day to post on GB.  :D :D 8) 8)

Exactly  8)

Radical Plato

• Getbig V
  • Rhetoric is the art of ruling the minds of men.
« Reply #161 on: September 04, 2010, 12:14:19 AM »
Being aware that you really have no purpose seems counterproductive to survival. Not to mention incredibly fucked up.
Being in denial of the fact we have no purpose seems counterproductive to survival. Not to mention incredibly fucked up.
V

Radical Plato

• Getbig V
« Reply #162 on: September 04, 2010, 12:20:12 AM »

Their is no evidence, you just want to believe to calm yourself and lessen your anxiety, their isn't order in the universe, look closer. And WTF do you mean that no other animals have such a range, are you comparing the animals on this planet to the ones in the other galaxy you visited last night wile tripping on LSD.  And what about those that do "OFF" themselves, something didn't stop them now did it.  I think the thing that stops people from offing themselves is it is easier to go on living in pain than to face the unknown, only when the pain becomes unbearable do people off themselves.  Better the devil you know.
V

Radical Plato

• Getbig V
« Reply #163 on: September 04, 2010, 12:48:50 AM »
Anyone that thinks science can answer questions of god is out the lunch. Science is a human invention relevant to humans. We can't see 1000 years into the future, we can't prove or disprove god. It's unknown to us. We can disprove a book or a belief, but it's near impossible to disprove god, At least through our limited human existence.
Talk about contradictory, God is a human invention, just a belief, which, to quote you "We can disprove a book or a belief"  And I think that science has  a better chance answering questions about a hypothetical god than on-line philosophers and zealots.
V

Radical Plato

• Getbig V
« Reply #164 on: September 04, 2010, 12:55:02 AM »
There is a creator - proof is that we're all here.  Something created us.  Something created gravity which started it all.  Something pushed that button.

None of us can prove nor disprove exactly what this creator is - but the fact we're here is proof something created us.

I believe in a higher power, I believe that faith and prayer can change lives and heal and make a difference.  I don't believe what a book says - I believe what I believe.
You poor sorry simpleton.  What you believe is in thousands of books.  You can have faith in the life process and not believe in a so called "Higher Power".  Prayer is just wishful thinking believed by morons who cant rationally come to a conclusion.  If you and I both pray for opposing things, how can both our prayers be answered.  People who believe in prayer are afraid and unwilling to accept that life contains suffering, disease, sickness and obstacles that cant be overcome leading to death.  Learn to feel and accept your humanness and you will no longer need to pray. Stop bothering God.  If you were created by a god, don't you think it selfish to constantly bother him with prayer when he has already given you all you need to get through your life.  Man up and stop relying on something other than yourself.
V

Radical Plato

• Getbig V
« Reply #165 on: September 04, 2010, 12:57:45 AM »

You could live a million earth years and that wouldn't happen. I've yet to meet a conscious human who would walk under a latter or open an umbrella in house without batting an eye.
I walk under ladders all the time and never even think about it.
V

Radical Plato

• Getbig V
« Reply #166 on: September 04, 2010, 01:02:25 AM »
if hawkings is so smart...how come he doesnt know how to speak, or walk?

bench
You assume that speaking and walking are necessary to living a productive happy life.  Strange how such a disabled man can rise to such fame and acheivement without those abilities and yet you have been granted the ability to walk and speak and your post is the height of your god given powers.  The god who created you must be quite a lowly one indeed.
V

Radical Plato

• Getbig V
« Reply #167 on: September 04, 2010, 01:11:36 AM »

that's a very good post

all i know is that its very silly for humans to try to wrap their heads around, and try to prove and disprove the nature and existence of a GOD-being...........i dont believe we have the necessary information, nor do we have the capacity to understand the motivations of a God...........

it would be like an ant trying to understand the complex emotional make-up of a human being.............an ant just does not have the hardware to make understanding a human even possible

how arrogant humans are though.........like they said before..............we have explored less then 1% of the earths oceans..........have not traveled further then our own moon.......and have been industrialized for like a hundred years...............but here were are saying that god does not exist, and that the universe is blah, blah, blah

its just funny................we are so stupid and arrogant

How do you know what an ants capacities are, have you experienced existence as an ant.
What animal has achieved immortality? What animal is the most warlike? What animal has the greatest supercity on the planet? Not man but ants. They are the real success story. It is only their tiny size and our vanity that allows us to hold onto the myth of our supremacy. Ants rule the planet. They are found in more habitats from far northern Finland to the sweltering tropics. The largest colony known of these insects is in Japan, where 306 million ants, with 1 million queens, in 45,000 colonies spread over 270 hectares. The fiercest warriors on earth are the slave maker ants. Other ants have barracks and sentry posts to protect themselves against surprise attack.
Perhaps it is you that is arrogant for assuming to know what an ant knows -  it is not arrogance to suggest that god doesn't exist, just a factual statement-  Wether or not god exists is irrelevant, one could simply live their life and never hear of the concept of god and still live a healthy and productive life.  Even if a god did exist, it is not important.
V

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #168 on: September 04, 2010, 01:13:09 AM »
I was thinking about going as Vengeful God this Halloween.  Smiting people 'n shit.  Haha, mofo got smote!

Radical Plato

• Getbig V
« Reply #169 on: September 04, 2010, 01:18:58 AM »

i dint agree with his recent theory about god not creating the universe.............how the fuck would he know who created the universe......he doesn't have the information available to him to make a statement like that..........no humans do................we aren't even sure who created the pyramids

like i said previously.............. humans havent been able to get past our own moon............but arrogant assholes like stephen hawking are spouting off at the mouth trying to expedite global atheism.....its an agenda of the intellectual elite

but that being said, he is still a very smart man..........to claim otherwise is silly
Religions, for thousands of years having been claiming to understand how the universe exists, how the fuck would they know who created the universe.  If billions of people can put forward such a retarded make believe theory of god, then why cant one eductaed man in the laws of physics propose his idea.  His theories make a lot more sense than some retard claiming" Duh, maybe just God created the whole thing"  To me people who believe in God are intellectually lazy, how easy is it to look at the complexity of the universe and spew out "It must be a god".  This is the catch cry of the idiot who no longer wants to think about the deeper mystery of the universe so he can go eat lunch and then start a war.
V

grab an umbrella

• Getbig IV
« Reply #170 on: September 04, 2010, 01:21:41 AM »
You assume that speaking and walking are necessary to living a productive happy life.  Strange how such a disabled man can rise to such fame and acheivement without those abilities and yet you have been granted the ability to walk and speak and your post is the height of your god given powers.  The god who created you must be quite a lowly one indeed.

Just to clarify, if someone prays and "god" doesn't say yes, then somehow that isn't an answer?  See the failed logic there?  I think being so arrogant about there is or isn't a god is absurd.  How could anyone possibly know?

Immortal_Technique

• Getbig IV
  • "It's all a bunch of shit, I say fuck it" - DF
« Reply #171 on: September 04, 2010, 01:22:22 AM »
Who is this man? besides a retard

If you have to ask you'll never know.

theonlyone

« Reply #172 on: September 04, 2010, 01:33:06 AM »
To me people who believe in God are intellectually lazy

You post a lot but tell it brief - does god exist or not?

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #173 on: September 04, 2010, 01:38:19 AM »

Bring.  That pussy.  Here.

freespirit

• Getbig V
  • Revolt!
« Reply #174 on: September 04, 2010, 01:44:08 AM »
The universe didn't create itself. First there is thought, than there is creation.