Author Topic: Stephen Hawking: God didn't create universe  (Read 54593 times)

HTexan

• Getbig V
  • Heath must lose!!
Re: Stephen Hawking: God didn't create universe
« Reply #75 on: September 02, 2010, 03:56:53 PM »
he wasn't born a crip
I know. Still damn tho.
A

ThaRealist

• Getbig IV
  • Team REal LiFe
« Reply #76 on: September 02, 2010, 04:01:13 PM »
I know. Still damn tho.

I am lovin your avi vid lol
You Can't Do It!!!

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #77 on: September 02, 2010, 04:01:53 PM »
Not true....I call on something that doesn't exist every day...."Oh let the black communities fix themselves and not rely on tax dollars"
Get rid of the Devil's Henchmen, Jesse and Al, and they will, unfortunately in the black community it's taboo to go against a Reverend or someone reppin the black church or part of the civil rights era...the thinking is that they deserve the utmost respect, even when they are wrong and leading you into the flames of ignorance and ineptitude.

I want to know, why does everything work to such mathmatical precision, a system of checks and balances, is that all accident? How can it be explained that hardwork gets results, and is more self fulfilling? Why is there  predator-prey relationship, which keeps a equilibrium in nature?

ThaRealist

• Getbig IV
  • Team REal LiFe
« Reply #78 on: September 02, 2010, 04:03:28 PM »
Get rid of the Devil's Henchmen, Jesse and Al, and they will, unfortunately in the black community it's taboo to go against a Reverend or someone reppin the black church or part of the civil rights era...the thinking is that they deserve the utmost respect, even when they are wrong and leading you into the flames of ignorance and ineptitude.

I want to know, why does everything work to such mathmatical precision, a system of checks and balances, is that all accident? How can it be explained that hardwork gets results, and is more self fulfilling? Why is there  predator-prey relationship, which keeps a equilibrium in nature?

Damn great post....People are smart, why can't they see the same things as you?
You Can't Do It!!!

doison

• Getbig IV
  • Rum Ham
« Reply #79 on: September 02, 2010, 04:11:36 PM »
G

If there wasn't, there wouldn't be nature.  

Mathematics is just a language that is built from as few assumptions as possible, where every new identity has to be "proven" and other mathematicians win prize and praise for proving ideas wrong, and is continually devoted to removing ambiguities.  
Any language developed under the same pretense would do the same thing.  
Y

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
  • Isaiah40:28-31 ✝ Romans10:9 ✝ 1Peter3:15
« Reply #80 on: September 02, 2010, 04:18:56 PM »
Why are they so "imaginary?" 
There's nothing more imaginary about them then there is about the square root of two. 

Singularities don't arise because of the real number line.  To "get a solution" in general relativity, you need to contract a vector from the cotangent space in order to map the tangent space to the real numbers. 
Hell, quantum mechanics requires the use of complex numbers and even maps directly to the complex plane instead of the real numbers....which doesn't matter because you still have to map to those complex numbers with the dual space....giving real number solutions. 

Allowing the space-time manifold to include the complex plane isn't any kind of novel idea that Hawking has and it certainly isn't anything new in any form of string theory.  Given the right scenarios, you can replace "imaginary numbers" with real numbers and cause the mathematics to blow up at every point of space-time, and vice versa. 

What the hell does it even mean for imaginary numbers to be "self serving?" 

You know exactly what I said so go ahead and replace "self serving" with whatever words you feel more comfortable with. Regardless, nothing changes about what I simply stated.

doison

• Getbig IV
  • Rum Ham
« Reply #81 on: September 02, 2010, 04:23:56 PM »
You know exactly what I said so go ahead and replace "self serving" with whatever words you feel more comfortable with. Regardless, nothing changes about what I simply stated.

So he's the only one to use imaginary numbers?
You know the relation between the complex plane and the real number line, right?
Y

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #82 on: September 02, 2010, 04:26:38 PM »
Damn great post....People are smart, why can't they see the same things as you?
Because they notice, but they either don't want to say, too lazy, or just like the Matrix, would prefer the lie than the reality, just like religion...
If there wasn't, there wouldn't be nature.  

Mathematics is just a language that is built from as few assumptions as possible, where every new identity has to be "proven" and other mathematicians win prize and praise for proving ideas wrong, and is continually devoted to removing ambiguities.  
Any language developed under the same pretense would do the same thing.  
I get it, but it seems that everything has purpose, even if, something may evolve to extremes like Smilodon, who was a apex predator that preyed on megafauna, once megafauna died out (apparently due to humans, according to one theory), they couldn't adapt or evolve quick enough, so no Smilodon...
Or the fact that the lowly roach can survive millions of yrs, do to it's adaptability....purpose, what purpose does one serve, and is that the ultimate goal, in reality, is that truly the embodiment of God, purpose?

James Blunt

• Getbig IV
« Reply #83 on: September 02, 2010, 04:42:33 PM »
Because they notice, but they either don't want to say, too lazy, or just like the Matrix, would prefer the lie than the reality, just like religion...I get it, but it seems that everything has purpose, even if, something may evolve to extremes like Smilodon, who was a apex predator that preyed on megafauna, once megafauna died out (apparently due to humans, according to one theory), they couldn't adapt or evolve quick enough, so no Smilodon...
Or the fact that the lowly roach can survive millions of yrs, do to it's adaptability....purpose, what purpose does one serve, and is that the ultimate goal, in reality, is that truly the embodiment of God, purpose?

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #84 on: September 02, 2010, 05:30:36 PM »
 if something exists, even if there is no life at all, and just an empty universe filled with vibrating strings, 11 dimensions, and a bunch of mass-energy....    there is still an absolute necessity for the creator.

"stephen hawking", lmao..

che

• Getbig V
« Reply #85 on: September 02, 2010, 06:06:42 PM »
if something exists, even if there is no life at all, and just an empty universe filled with vibrating strings, 11 dimensions, and a bunch of mass-energy....    there is still an absolute necessity for the creator.

"stephen hawking", lmao..
Who created the creator  ???

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #86 on: September 02, 2010, 06:26:21 PM »
the creator of course

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #87 on: September 02, 2010, 06:29:44 PM »

They will say something like, "God has always been here. He is Eternal. He does not need a creator" Epic way to avoid a debate. Once someone says that, it is impossible to debate them. Bur arguing from that standpoint is a logical fallacy. I do not like that argument.
X

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #88 on: September 02, 2010, 06:30:25 PM »
the creator of course

And who created that creator? Thus, we involve ourselves in an infinite regress.
X

jetpower

• Getbig III
« Reply #89 on: September 02, 2010, 06:37:39 PM »
Funny (for me) he announced this now cuz i just picked up The Black Hole War Sunday...great book btw

imo: as evil as it is to say it, Hawking is/was a one-hit-wonder and i think is trying (a second time - he tried this in the past w/ the announcement that black holes destroy info - starting the "war") to break back into the limelight one more time before he fades into oblivion.

and i hate it when these guys inject religion/philosophy into science/technical where there is no room for such garbage...scientists are all about proving shit, so when one comes out and says "i have a feeling but cant prove it either way", I want to slap them silly

Sir Bigness

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • Get busy Living, or get busy Dying!!
« Reply #90 on: September 02, 2010, 06:46:55 PM »
If anyone here has met "God", please introduce me so I can believe!! Until then... :-X :-X

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #91 on: September 02, 2010, 07:06:23 PM »
And who created that creator? Thus, we involve ourselves in an infinite regress.
nope. apparently, you dont understand the essence of God.

unless you understand his eternal presence and acknowledge the necessity for an ultimate creator, you dont have the ability to speak about him with any accuracy, because you lack the fundamental knowledge required to grasp his existence.

god is infinite, eternal, omnipotent. that is the definition.  if God was not any one of those things, then he would not be God. so, God must be eternal, and also must exist, because it is in his very essence to be so.

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #92 on: September 02, 2010, 07:16:48 PM »
nope. apparently, you dont understand the essence of God.

unless you understand his eternal presence and acknowledge the necessity for an ultimate creator, you dont have the ability to speak about him with any accuracy, because you lack the fundamental knowledge required to grasp his existence.

god is infinite, eternal, omnipotent. that is the definition.  if God was not any one of those things, then he would not be God. so, God must be eternal, and also must exist, because it is in his very essence to be so.

Hahaha, Epic Fail and a logical fallacy. I love when theists say this. You can say that about anything and get away with it. Oh brother. It takes the burden of proof of the theist  ::) ::) It is such a cop out to avoid a logical and rational debate.
X

che

• Getbig V
« Reply #93 on: September 02, 2010, 07:29:03 PM »

god is infinite, eternal, omnipotent. that is the definition. 

Definition by who ?

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #94 on: September 02, 2010, 07:31:29 PM »
X

phyxsius

• Getbig V
  • Mini Getbigger
« Reply #95 on: September 02, 2010, 08:10:52 PM »
poor old Stephen... I bet he missed his lunch and time to kick a fuss
I am a mini beast

Captain Equipoise

• Getbig V
  • back from the dead...
« Reply #96 on: September 02, 2010, 09:03:37 PM »
My buddy named his 4gb flash drive 'god' everytime he connects to one of my machines I get a popup saying 'god' is here

lol

Tyr

• Getbig IV
  • Head of deliverance
« Reply #97 on: September 02, 2010, 09:06:32 PM »
My buddy named his 4gb flash drive 'god' everytime he connects to one of my machines I get a popup saying 'god' is here

lol

So god has a limit - 4GB.
primitive by today's standards

Captain Equipoise

• Getbig V
  • back from the dead...
« Reply #98 on: September 02, 2010, 09:22:22 PM »
So god has a limit - 4GB.
primitive by today's standards

god has become obsolete, my main drive is 1.5tb the backup is 1tb

Tyr

• Getbig IV
  • Head of deliverance
« Reply #99 on: September 02, 2010, 09:27:26 PM »
god has become obsolete, my main drive is 1.5tb the backup is 1tb

When faced with superior technology it's only natural for god to fall out of fashion.
natural selection