Author Topic: *How Bodybuilding Has CHANGED: Golden Age Bodybuilding vs Modern Mutanism!*  (Read 11216 times)

Ross Erstling

• Getbig III
  • Owner, Supreme Sports Enhancements
How Bodybuilding Has Changed

By Ross Erstling

Bodybuilding has changed--drastically!  In fact, just about everything in bodybuilding has changed; from training, to diet, to supplementation, the sport that was once defined by beauty and aesthetics, is now defined by drugs and deformity.

So let's talk about what BODYBUILDING actually is.  Is it an art?  Is it a science?  Is it a lifestyle?  Is it a sport?  Yes, it's actually all us these things, and much, much, more.  Bodybuilding can be defined as the deliberate and methodical reconstruction of cells and tissues in the human body, in an attempt to maximize lean muscle mass while minimizing body fat levels.  This is not an easy task at all, and requires an intimate and extensive understanding of biology, chemistry, and human physiology.  Therefore, a great bodybuilder must also be a great thinker.

The Golden Age bodybuilders were big thinkers; there was a mental aspect of their bodybuilding philosophy that is unfortunately almost completely overlooked today.  This mental dimension of bodybuilding is ultimately what separates an average bodybuilder from a champion bodybuilder.  Bodybuilding requires an UTTER BELIEF in yourself, and without that confidence and ego strength, you will never be motivated enough to look your absolute BEST.  

I hate to say this, but most modern bodybuilders are not very big thinkers.  They often just do what they are TOLD to do by someone who supposedly "knows what they are talking about".  Rather than investigating the SCIENCE of the human body themselves, they would rather entrust their physique to someone ELSE!  To me(and the Golden Era boys) this is absolute insanity.  This is precisely why that sometimes KNOWING LESS is actually KNOWING MORE.  Allow me to explain..

The fundamentals of nutrition will always remain static, the human body is not going to change.  Any basic textbook will thoroughly explain the roles of fats, carbohydrates, and protein in metabolism.  That's how the Golden Age bodybuilders such as Arnold and Franco knew how to BULK and CUT PROPERLY, because they relied on the most BASIC and FUNDAMENTAL nutritional information.  They kept it simple!  There was no Ketosis diets, they never eliminated Carbohydrates, and they knew that 45 minutes of training was not sufficient for maximum muscle growth!

So this brings us to TRAINING.  Once again, knowing more is knowing LESS!  Modern bodybuilders, on average, train for 45-60 minutes, performing around 12-15 sets per muscle!  This is what the AVERAGE person should be doing!  Did you know that most PRO's don't even work their ABS in the offseason?! The Golden Age bodybuilders were training for 2-3 hours per session, sometimes TWICE PER DAY!  Not to mention, they did this all with MINIMUM drug use!  The reason that modern pro bodybuilders train for such short durations of time is because they are completely misunderstanding or misinterpreting the scientific data available!  They truly believe(because SOMEONE TOLD THEM!) that anything more than 45-60 minutes is over-training and counterproductive, which is completely false, especially if you are using significant amounts of anabolic steroids, peptide hormones, and other bodybuilding drugs!  Like I said, there is such limited data on bodybuilding methodology, that ANY data based on a natural, non-enhanced male is entirely irrelevant. Ronnie trained for HOURS, SET AFTER SET OF HEAVY WEIGHT, just like the Golden Age guys. Jay trains the same during the off-season when trying to add muscle, and that's why these two guys are still the two biggest freaks in the world, and probably will remain so for a long time.

The utter reliance on DRUGS has been the final strike to bodybuilding as it once was.  Not only are there dozens of new anabolic steroids that are far stronger, there are also entirely new classes of drugs like Human Growth Hormones and various other Peptide hormones.  Even worse, modern bodybuilders even use INSULIN now, which is extremely dangerous.  All of these drugs have lead to the production of massively disproportionate and imbalanced physiques, because many of these new drugs don't just cause MUSCLE GROWTH, they cause EVERYTHING IN THE HUMAN BODY TO GROW! ALL CELLS AND TISSUES, including organs, bones, and even potentially cancerous tissues!  That is ESSENTIALLY WHY the modern bodybuilders look like MUTANTS with GIANT DISTENDED BELLIES, and the old school bodybuilders looked like the epitome of masculinity.  It's insane to think that Arnold competed at 220lbs at 6"2 and now we have guys that are 5"5-5"7 and weight that much. Old School bodybuilders did not have access to these drugs that create the type of massive and disproportionate physiques that we see today.  Although let's be honest, if Arnie had access to HGH I am sure he would have jumped right on! :)

It has been the OVEREMPHASIS on muscle mass and the subsequent abuse of drugs that has ultimately led to the downfall of Bodybuilding.  

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
Re: *Golden Age Bodybuilding vs Modern Mutanism!*
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2010, 09:45:47 AM »
Ouch. That hurt my head. I see, at the least, a couple of revisions for your copy. 

#1 Klaus fan

• Getbig V
Re: *How Bodybuilding Has CHANGED: Golden Age Bodybuilding vs Modern Mutanism!*
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2010, 09:53:14 AM »
Wow, IQ of 160 and you didn't bring anything new to the table.  ::)

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2010, 09:54:09 AM »
This gimmick is great. I wonder if this will be another 10+ pager.

JasonH

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2010, 10:05:29 AM »
This gimmick is great. I wonder if this will be another 10+ pager.

I fucking hope not.

Hulkotron

• Getbig V
  • stuff for dumplings
« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2010, 10:26:55 AM »
pity reply

Master Blaster

• Getbig V
  • Not sure if getbig full of trolls or trolls getbig
« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2010, 10:37:20 AM »
Your permission to post on Getbig.com has been revoked. You have 10 seconds to log off. Failure to comply will have extreme consequences.

8)

buffdnet

• Time Out
  • Getbig III
  • fuck the pope
« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2010, 10:42:51 AM »
to the kewl bb's on this site i offer a warning in advance.
i will be posting a pic of tubgirl in all of this clowns threads.

it must be done.

buffdnet

• Time Out
  • Getbig III
  • fuck the pope
« Reply #8 on: September 03, 2010, 10:48:57 AM »
get off this site now

BIG_STI

• Getbig IV
  • www.illpumpyouup.com/
« Reply #9 on: September 03, 2010, 10:55:32 AM »

By Ross Erstling

Bodybuilding has changed--drastically!  In fact, just about everything in bodybuilding has changed; from training, to diet, to supplementation, the sport that was once defined by beauty and aesthetics, is now defined by drugs and deformity.

So let's talk about what BODYBUILDING actually is.  Is it an art?  Is it a science?  Is it a lifestyle?  Is it a sport?  Yes, it's actually all us these things, and much, much, more.  Bodybuilding can be defined as the deliberate and methodical reconstruction of cells and tissues in the human body, in an attempt to maximize lean muscle mass while minimizing body fat levels.  This is not an easy task at all, and requires an intimate and extensive understanding of biology, chemistry, and human physiology.  Therefore, a great bodybuilder must also be a great thinker.

The Golden Age bodybuilders were big thinkers; there was a mental aspect of their bodybuilding philosophy that is unfortunately almost completely overlooked today.  This mental dimension of bodybuilding is ultimately what separates an average bodybuilder from a champion bodybuilder.  Bodybuilding requires an UTTER BELIEF in yourself, and without that confidence and ego strength, you will never be motivated enough to look your absolute BEST.  

I hate to say this, but most modern bodybuilders are not very big thinkers.  They often just do what they are TOLD to do by someone who supposedly "knows what they are talking about".  Rather than investigating the SCIENCE of the human body themselves, they would rather entrust their physique to someone ELSE!  To me(and the Golden Era boys) this is absolute insanity.  This is precisely why that sometimes KNOWING LESS is actually KNOWING MORE.  Allow me to explain..

The fundamentals of nutrition will always remain static, the human body is not going to change.  Any basic textbook will thoroughly explain the roles of fats, carbohydrates, and protein in metabolism.  That's how the Golden Age bodybuilders such as Arnold and Franco knew how to BULK and CUT PROPERLY, because they relied on the most BASIC and FUNDAMENTAL nutritional information.  They kept it simple!  There was no Ketosis diets, they never eliminated Carbohydrates, and they knew that 45 minutes of training was not sufficient for maximum muscle growth!

So this brings us to TRAINING.  Once again, knowing more is knowing LESS!  Modern bodybuilders, on average, train for 45-60 minutes, performing around 12-15 sets per muscle!  This is what the AVERAGE person should be doing!  Did you know that most PRO's don't even work their ABS in the offseason?! The Golden Age bodybuilders were training for 2-3 hours per session, sometimes TWICE PER DAY!  Not to mention, they did this all with MINIMUM drug use!  The reason that modern pro bodybuilders train for such short durations of time is because they are completely misunderstanding or misinterpreting the scientific data available!  They truly believe(because SOMEONE TOLD THEM!) that anything more than 45-60 minutes is over-training and counterproductive, which is completely false, especially if you are using significant amounts of anabolic steroids, peptide hormones, and other bodybuilding drugs!  Like I said, there is such limited data on bodybuilding methodology, that ANY data based on a natural, non-enhanced male is entirely irrelevant. Ronnie trained for HOURS, SET AFTER SET OF HEAVY WEIGHT, just like the Golden Age guys. Jay trains the same during the off-season when trying to add muscle, and that's why these two guys are still the two biggest freaks in the world, and probably will remain so for a long time.

The utter reliance on DRUGS has been the final strike to bodybuilding as it once was.  Not only are there dozens of new anabolic steroids that are far stronger, there are also entirely new classes of drugs like Human Growth Hormones and various other Peptide hormones.  Even worse, modern bodybuilders even use INSULIN now, which is extremely dangerous.  All of these drugs have lead to the production of massively disproportionate and imbalanced physiques, because many of these new drugs don't just cause MUSCLE GROWTH, they cause EVERYTHING IN THE HUMAN BODY TO GROW! ALL CELLS AND TISSUES, including organs, bones, and even potentially cancerous tissues!  That is ESSENTIALLY WHY the modern bodybuilders look like MUTANTS with GIANT DISTENDED BELLIES, and the old school bodybuilders looked like the epitome of masculinity.  It's insane to think that Arnold competed at 220lbs at 6"2 and now we have guys that are 5"5-5"7 and weight that much. Old School bodybuilders did not have access to these drugs that create the type of massive and disproportionate physiques that we see today.  Although let's be honest, if Arnie had access to HGH I am sure he would have jumped right on! :)

It has been the OVEREMPHASIS on muscle mass and the subsequent abuse of drugs that has ultimately led to the downfall of Bodybuilding.  

Heres the thing I can't train for more than 90 minutes weight lifting, by that time I'm exhausted, running out of energy, can't lift as heavy and feel like anything past that isn't going to help other than making me so sore the next two days after and I wouldn't be able to function properly at work etc......

Master Blaster

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: September 03, 2010, 11:09:05 AM »
to the kewl bb's on this site i offer a warning in advance.
i will be posting a pic of tubgirl in all of this clowns threads.

it must be done.

8)

James Blunt

• Getbig IV
« Reply #11 on: September 03, 2010, 11:11:36 AM »

If you're bored and want to dance out of nowhere, jam this action. ((Loud))

Silverback Gorilla

• Getbig II
« Reply #12 on: September 03, 2010, 11:14:37 AM »
Good shit man, I agree 100%.
I'm goin' in...

no one

• Getbig V
  • have i hurt your feelings?
« Reply #13 on: September 03, 2010, 11:45:32 AM »

By Ross Erstling

So this brings us to TRAINING.  Once again, knowing more is knowing LESS!  Modern bodybuilders, on average, train for 45-60 minutes, performing around 12-15 sets per muscle!  This is what the AVERAGE person should be doing!  Did you know that most PRO's don't even work their ABS in the offseason?! The Golden Age bodybuilders were training for 2-3 hours per session, sometimes TWICE PER DAY!  Not to mention, they did this all with MINIMUM drug use!  The reason that modern pro bodybuilders train for such short durations of time is because they are completely misunderstanding or misinterpreting the scientific data available! They truly believe(because SOMEONE TOLD THEM!) that anything more than 45-60 minutes is over-training and counterproductive, which is completely false, especially if you are using significant amounts of anabolic steroids, peptide hormones, and other bodybuilding drugs!  Like I said, there is such limited data on bodybuilding methodology, that ANY data based on a natural, non-enhanced male is entirely irrelevant. Ronnie trained for HOURS, SET AFTER SET OF HEAVY WEIGHT, just like the Golden Age guys. Jay trains the same during the off-season when trying to add muscle, and that's why these two guys are still the two biggest freaks in the world, and probably will remain so for a long time.

honestly, for a guy who's supposed to be a nutritional expert and training guru your theorys are fucking stupid. so your argument for longer periods of training is that 'jay and ronnie do it and they're huge'. right. and the golden age guys- franco, arnold, sergio, etc- a cross section of , what,  10 of the most genetically elite guys ever who train for 3 hours a day is your argument for 2 hour training sessions? ahahahahahahah i thought you were some kind of brain child.

lemme break it down for you chief; cortisol levels rise when the muscle is under stress for prolonged periods of time.. yes, anabolics may prohibit the breakdown of lean tissue into glucose, and prevent cortisol from inhibiting protein synthesis. do you know why people believe that? because blood panels will show that after 60 minutes of intense exercise that cortisol levels rise-'because someone told them' he says. you're a fucking disaster. lol

here ross, answer this:  but then why train for 1 1/2 hours a day when the muscle clearly is not in it's best capacity for growth?oh wait- you dont know- let me tell you- it isnt time under tension in one period that results in hypertrophy, its maximizing the potential of the cell's ability to grow in a window that doesnt allow for cortisol levels to become a problem while using the compounds associated with growth to best perform their capacities to heal and repair the cell in the shortest amount of time possible in order to train it again..

ideally then, instead of training to fatigue for 1 1/2 hours, relying on anabolics to keep you from going catabolic, train that same muscle for 1/2 hour 3 times a week, and use the same anabolics to build and repair the cell, instead of just using it to fight off cortisol.

training the same muscle group for an hour and half is fucking stupid when you can get better results and keep the cell under stress the same length of time as you originally would have by splitting the workout into 3 parts.

i thought you said you were a genius? lol go back to BB.com where you're stupidity will be tolerated.

b

bodybuilder1234

• Getbig IV
  • Manny Pacquiao KO Floyd 1
« Reply #14 on: September 03, 2010, 12:04:46 PM »
damn noone, thats what im talkin about!

Ross Erstling

• Getbig III
« Reply #15 on: September 03, 2010, 12:07:20 PM »

honestly, for a guy who's supposed to be a nutritional expert and training guru your theorys are fucking stupid. so your argument for longer periods of training is that 'jay and ronnie do it and they're huge'. right. and the golden age guys- franco, arnold, sergio, etc- a cross section of , what,  10 of the most genetically elite guys ever who train for 3 hours a day is your argument for 2 hour training sessions? ahahahahahahah i thought you were some kind of brain child.

lemme break it down for you chief; cortisol levels rise when the muscle is under stress for prolonged periods of time.. yes, anabolics may prohibit the breakdown of lean tissue into glucose, and prevent cortisol from inhibiting protein synthesis. do you know why people believe that? because blood panels will show that after 60 minutes of intense exercise that cortisol levels rise-'because someone told them' he says. you're a fucking disaster. lol

here ross, answer this:  but then why train for 1 1/2 hours a day when the muscle clearly is not in it's best capacity for growth?oh wait- you dont know- let me tell you- it isnt time under tension in one period that results in hypertrophy, its maximizing the potential of the cell's ability to grow in a window that doesnt allow for cortisol levels to become a problem while using the compounds associated with growth to best perform their capacities to heal and repair the cell in the shortest amount of time possible in order to train it again..

ideally then, instead of training to fatigue for 1 1/2 hours, relying on anabolics to keep you from going catabolic, train that same muscle for 1/2 hour 3 times a week, and use the same anabolics to build and repair the cell, instead of just using it to fight off cortisol.

training the same muscle group for an hour and half is fucking stupid when you can get better results and keep the cell under stress the same length of time as you originally would have by splitting the workout into 3 parts.

i thought you said you were a genius? lol go back to BB.com where you're stupidity will be tolerated.

First of all, it's about maximum hypertrophic response, there is a cascade of biochemical events that produce growth in response to intense weight-training, many of which we don't fully understand.  Working out for 45 minutes will NOT produce the same GROWTH SIGNALS that 2 hours will, PERIOD.  Neither will 3 small workouts, because it's about HYPERTROPHIC RESPONSE! The body is an adaptive machine, and it will respond to the particular stimulus you provide it. 

Protein synthesis and protein breakdown(protein turn-over) are constantly occurring, the resulting fluctuations in cortisol have virtually no effect on the human body, especially when on a significant amount of anabolic steroids and peptides.  If that were the case, any man who has SEX more than twice per day will shrink up to nothing, because sex increases cortisol big time.  Furthermore, weight lifting altogether would be a catabolic process, if we simply measured daily cortisol levels.  It's about the responses that occur AFTER TRAINING that produce an ANABOLIC effect, which nullifies any small catabolic effect you incur while weight-training.

In addition, studies have shown the just by drinking Gatorade during your workout you can decrease cortsiol levels significantly.  Add some hydrolyzed Casein(pre digested di and tri peptides) and you can blunt cortisol even more, while simultaneously increasing protein synthesis.  By replenishing glycogen/amino pools intra workout, you can train longer, harder, and more intensely, initiating a profound growth signal that will result in significant anabolism post workout. Although like I said, not only are these daily fluctuations largely irrelevant, any enhanced( or MEGA ENHANCED) athlete will not be affected whatsoever.

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #16 on: September 03, 2010, 12:07:29 PM »
damn noone, thats what im talkin about!
He had me at "lemme break it down for you chief."    ;D

axestream

• Getbig IV
« Reply #17 on: September 03, 2010, 12:19:07 PM »

Good shit. :)

Tito24

• Getbig V
  • I'm a large man but.. one with a plan
« Reply #18 on: September 03, 2010, 12:23:57 PM »
golden shower

no one

• Getbig V
  • have i hurt your feelings?
« Reply #19 on: September 03, 2010, 12:27:24 PM »
First of all, it's about maximum hypertrophic response, there is a cascade of biochemical events that produce growth in response to intense weight-training, many of which we don't fully understand.  Working out for 45 minutes will NOT produce the same GROWTH SIGNALS that 2 hours will, PERIOD. Neither will 3 small workouts, because it's about HYPERTROPHIC RESPONSE! The body is an adaptive machine, and it will respond to the particular stimulus you provide it.  

Protein synthesis and protein breakdown(protein turn-over) are constantly occurring, the resulting fluctuations in cortisol have virtually no effect on the human body, especially when on a significant amount of anabolic steroids and peptides.  If that were the case, any man who has SEX more than twice per day will shrink up to nothing, because sex increases cortisol big time.  Furthermore, weight lifting altogether would be a catabolic process, if we simply measured daily cortisol levels.  It's about the responses that occur AFTER TRAINING that produce an ANABOLIC effect, which nullifies any small catabolic effect you incur while weight-training.

In addition, studies have shown the just by drinking Gatorade during your workout you can decrease cortsiol levels significantly.  Add some hydrolyzed Casein(pre digested di and tri peptides) and you can blunt cortisol even more, while simultaneously increasing protein synthesis.  By replenishing glycogen/amino pools intra workout, you can train longer, harder, and more intensely, initiating a profound growth signal that will result in significant anabolism post workout. Although like I said, not only are these daily fluctuations largely irrelevant, any enhanced( or MEGA ENHANCED) athlete will not be affected whatsoever.

it's ok ross. i can tell your mildly retarded, so i'll put it too you bluntly.

anyone reading your first post and my response is going to agree that you really have no idea what you were talking about.

anyone reading your rebuttal is going to agree that nothing has changed.

hope this helps.

ps i'd be interested to hear about your 2 hour training growth signals (wtf- growth signals. lol.). link me a study on this so we can discuss it further. much thanks.

b

Tito24

• Getbig V
  • I'm a large man but.. one with a plan
« Reply #20 on: September 03, 2010, 12:28:25 PM »

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
  • Disdain/repugnance....Version 3: glare variation B
« Reply #21 on: September 03, 2010, 12:48:11 PM »

anyone reading your first post and my response is going to agree that you really have no idea what you were talking about.

hope this helps.

ps i'd be interested to hear about your 2 hour training growth signals (wtf- growth signals. lol.). link me a study on this so we can discuss it further. much thanks.

Growth Signals is an app you have to download or the two hour workout won't work.   :D

This penis puller is quite the idiot.....I liked yesterday when he linked Ecydsterone studies from the 80's when asked to post a current study

Ross Erstling

• Getbig III
« Reply #22 on: September 03, 2010, 12:48:55 PM »

hope this helps.

Sure, keep telling yourself whatever you must..LOL

My response is highly articulate, completely coherent, and utterly scientific. I owned you son.

Master Blaster

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: September 03, 2010, 12:56:36 PM »

My response is highly articulate, completely coherent, and utterly scientific. I owned you son.

I bet this is Blockhead.   ;)

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
  • Disdain/repugnance....Version 3: glare variation B
« Reply #24 on: September 03, 2010, 01:06:48 PM »

You owned yourself when you wore that shirt in public, Gilligan  :D