Author Topic: Marijuana & Muscles: The Bodybuilding Benefits of Marijuana Supplementation*  (Read 20016 times)

big L dawg

• Getbig V
  • i always tell the truth even when i lie...
Re: Marijuana & Muscles: The Bodybuilding Benefits of Marijuana Supplementation*
« Reply #25 on: September 05, 2010, 09:06:25 PM »
epic trying to think of a topic that might get a single getbigger on your side...fail chump...fail...
DAWG

Master Blaster

• Getbig V
  • Not sure if getbig full of trolls or trolls getbig
Re: Marijuana & Muscles: The Bodybuilding Benefits of Marijuana Supplementation*
« Reply #26 on: September 05, 2010, 09:35:24 PM »
I had a friend in college that looked real good, Nigerian dude, Freshman yr all he would do is 250 diamond pushups at night broken up into sets of 50, he then would do crunches...as soon as he got on the weed, he got lazy, and his eating habits became sloppy and irregular...no more great physique

I recently saw a dude who was about 5'10 190, beast of dude, and he smoked weed...

the conclusion? It can have different effects on different people.

Weed is fun for delts, bis and tris. Not so much for leg day.

-master approved

Master Blaster

• Getbig V
« Reply #27 on: September 05, 2010, 09:37:28 PM »
it has that effect on alot of people. its an acquired taste.

exact opposite bro, may users "aquire" a deep sense of paranoia after several years of use

-master approved

dustin

« Reply #28 on: September 05, 2010, 09:45:06 PM »
Marijuana can increase your heart rate quite a bit. Wouldn't it be dangerous smoking right before the gym. Especially if you're on a cycle that increases blood pressure. When you're really exerting yourself at the gym your blood pressure and heart rate can really climb pretty high.

No it doesn't. Maybe it can inadvertently affect it if you get bad anxiety or low blood sugar, but it's not going to jack up your BP permanently or anything. Steroids hardly do that anyway. Exogenous test does close to fuck all in terms of BP if you're in good health. And other steroids aren't absolutely imperative unless you're competing or want to mix things up. It's mostly douchers or oral abusers that run into cardiovascular challenges. A few puffs won't send you to the ER unless you're a pussy.

Ross sounds like an excited weed newbie who creams his soiled trousers over a decent bag of nuggets. Some snippets of regurgitated "weed facts" are nothing we haven't seen already... I agree that it gives you a great mind-muscle connection and can also help to down more food before satiety sets in, but it's nothing revelatory enough to write home about.

dyslexic

• Getbig V
  • baddoggy
« Reply #29 on: September 06, 2010, 01:40:20 AM »
Obviously he "thinks" its worth writing Getbig about...

DK II

• Getbig V
  • Call me 4 steroids: 571-332-2588 or 571-249-4163
« Reply #30 on: September 06, 2010, 01:57:02 AM »
The active ingredient in Marijuana, THC(Delta9-tetrahydrocannabinol ), increases testosterone in mice.

First, how many mice do you think post on this board?

Second, what the fuck do elevated test levels help you when marihuana turns you into a lazy bastard that doesn't give a fuck about anything?

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #31 on: September 06, 2010, 03:59:03 AM »
Weed is fun for delts, bis and tris. Not so much for leg day.

-master approved
Odd, cause that is what the dude who was 5'10 had--arms, delts, chest traps

Ross Erstling

• Getbig III
  • Owner, Supreme Sports Enhancements
« Reply #32 on: September 06, 2010, 07:45:09 AM »
First, how many mice do you think post on this board?

Second, what the fuck do elevated test levels help you when marihuana turns you into a lazy bastard that doesn't give a fuck about anything?

Marijuana is a mood/personality enhancement, so if you are a shy or paranoid person to begin with, it will indeed enhance those perceptions and feelings.  However, for some users, Marijuana produces a distinct feeling of energy and euphoria, which can be very productive in the gym.

Actually, a recent study just showed that in FREQUENT smokers, Marijuana actually increased ATHLETIC PERFORMANCE, as it was able to "put you in the ZONE", most likely as a result of decreased stress and increased creativity, focus, and relaxation.  However, in non-smokers, it decreased athletic performance, of course.

As for Marijuana increasing or decreasing Testosterone--the jury is still out, but it sure as hell does not increase estrogen, as previously was thought.

DK II

• Getbig V
  • Call me 4 steroids: 571-332-2588 or 571-249-4163
« Reply #33 on: September 06, 2010, 07:49:44 AM »
Marijuana is a mood/personality enhancement, so if you are a shy or paranoid person to begin with, it will indeed enhance those perceptions and feelings.  However, for some users, Marijuana produces a distinct feeling of energy and euphoria, which can be very productive in the gym.

Actually, a recent study just showed that in FREQUENT smokers, Marijuana actually increased ATHLETIC PERFORMANCE, as it was able to "put you in the ZONE", most likely as a result of decreased stress and increased creativity, focus, and relaxation.  However, in non-smokers, it decreased athletic performance, of course.

As for Marijuana increasing or decreasing Testosterone--the jury is still out, but it sure as hell does not increase estrogen, as previously was thought.

Bullshit, all people i know that went on weed got lazy and wasted their lives just lying around playing playstation (1 or 2, because they were to lazy and poor to buy the new one).

Tito24

• Getbig V
  • I'm a large man but.. one with a plan
« Reply #34 on: September 06, 2010, 07:53:12 AM »
when i smoke i dont want to do anything let alone train lol

kiwiol

• Getbig V
  • Who is John Galt?
« Reply #35 on: September 06, 2010, 07:55:53 AM »
Same here, Mars. It's good post-workout, to relax and make you eat more, but not pre-workout.

Ross Erstling

• Getbig III
« Reply #36 on: September 06, 2010, 08:01:13 AM »
Bullshit, all people i know that went on weed got lazy and wasted their lives just lying around playing playstation (1 or 2, because they were to lazy and poor to buy the new one).

My father has been smoking since he's 17, he is now 56, and an extremely successful father of 3 boys.  He was a millionaire by his thirties.

Marijuana is not an addictive substance like Cocaine, Alcohol, or Heroin, and it does not pose any significant health risks.  

If someone becomes a lazy bastard, smoking weed all day, they were already lazy motherfuck-ers to begin with.  Shit, I'm about to smoke RIGHT NOW and go hit the gym,, and it's 11:00am on labor day and I woke up an hour ago. ;)

The effects of Marijuana are personality and mood dependent.

2ND COMING

• Getbig V
  • Might is right.
« Reply #37 on: September 06, 2010, 08:07:49 AM »
Weeds skyrockets my anxiety and does not relax me at all

different types of weed have different effects, try an indica strain

Ross Erstling

• Getbig III
« Reply #38 on: September 06, 2010, 08:10:23 AM »
different types of weed have different effects, try an indica strain

TRUE!

Tito24

• Getbig V
  • I'm a large man but.. one with a plan
« Reply #39 on: September 06, 2010, 08:12:59 AM »
it doesnt really relax me either. i like doing it sometimes but i guess it has also to do with the social gathering aspect of it i like.
my heart rate rises and when i do too much i even get a sense of paranoia. it makes me fucking hungry as well and tired!!

sync pulse

• Getbig V
  • Only be sure always to call it please, 'research'
« Reply #40 on: September 06, 2010, 08:28:04 AM »
For some, marijuana triggers the inflammation process and makes them feel arthritic.

SilverSpoon

• Getbig IV
« Reply #41 on: September 06, 2010, 08:56:34 AM »
In one of the early editions of Bill Starr's "The Strongest Shall Survive", he appears to recommend smoking weed to help a young athlete's appetite.
His book is worth its weight in gold, just for the section on Nutrition.

CAPTAIN INSANO

• Getbig IV
« Reply #42 on: September 06, 2010, 09:07:00 AM »
I used to smoke A LOT..

Now I have developed anxiety, and now trying to quit altogether...

I NEVER smoke before a workout. I get mad paranoid, and usually have a shitty workout.

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
« Reply #43 on: September 06, 2010, 09:30:15 AM »
Smoking before a workout is the worst idea ever....You wanna know what happened when I used to do that? Lets just say I'd never make it to the gym after I finished the bowl...Working out high fucks up your high.

HTexan

• Getbig V
  • Heath must lose!!
« Reply #44 on: September 06, 2010, 09:56:53 AM »
Does MJ really make you horny?  ???
A

VY_BUFF

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #45 on: September 06, 2010, 10:21:43 AM »
Smoking marijuana & working out:

1)  Smoke in car on the way to the gym.
This way, you don't have to worry about not getting there.
Also, if you don't have a car, you should save that joint for post workout.

2)  Smoke only for small muscles groups on high volume training days.
Triceps, biceps & shoulders
High volume sets allows for stricter technique when lifting and better contractions of muscles.
Heavy low volume sets makes strict range of motion more difficult, thus more swinging and use of other body parts for compensation.
Most exercises that strain the core, dilutes the high, therefore does not allow you to maintain the ideal "zone" for workout
(Also, weed makes boring repetitive motions more tolerable)

3) Weed is a natural pain killer
It is prescribed to people with chronic pain; it allows for a higher tolerance of discomfort.
This is why the high volume sets are ideal

4)  Smoke post workout to promote appetite
Weed makes people hungry (duh)
Also, relaxing and pain killing properties of MJ allows for better and quicker recovery.

These are my principles due to experience.
I acknowledge that not all people are react to MJ the same way, so results may vary
MJ amplifies what is already there; lazy people will still be lazy.

Thank you for reading.

Master Blaster

• Getbig V
« Reply #46 on: September 06, 2010, 10:32:51 AM »
Smoking marijuana & working out:

This way, you don't have to worry about not getting there.
Also, if you don't have a car, you should save that joint for post workout.

2)  Smoke only for small muscles groups on high volume training days.
Triceps, biceps & shoulders
High volume sets allows for stricter technique when lifting and better contractions of muscles.
Heavy low volume sets makes strict range of motion more difficult, thus more swinging and use of other body parts for compensation.
Most exercises that strain the core, dilutes the high, therefore does not allow you to maintain the ideal "zone" for workout
(Also, weed makes boring repetitive motions more tolerable)

3) Weed is a natural pain killer
It is prescribed to people with chronic pain; it allows for a higher tolerance of discomfort.
This is why the high volume sets are ideal

4)  Smoke post workout to promote appetite
Weed makes people hungry (duh)
Also, relaxing and pain killing properties of MJ allows for better and quicker recovery.

These are my principles due to experience.
I acknowledge that not all people are react to MJ the same way, so results may vary
MJ amplifies what is already there; lazy people will still be lazy.

Thank you for reading.

Well said, you summed up everything pretty well.

Now log off and LITERALLY FUCK YOURSELF IN THE FACE!!!

2ND COMING

• Getbig V
  • Might is right.
« Reply #47 on: September 06, 2010, 10:34:57 AM »

yea, dont do this.

VY_BUFF

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #48 on: September 06, 2010, 10:40:48 AM »
yea, dont do this.

I forgot to mention that I live in Montreal.
Marijuana laws are very lax.
You don't get in trouble even if you get caught.
No ticket or fine.

BTW if you're doing something that is wrong or illegal, do it discreetly.  Usually, those who don't bring attention to themselves don't get caught.

no loud music and keep the joint low.

Hot box, then lower your windows to get rid of smoke.
you should be able to do this if you have your own car.

Shouldn't have to teach common sense.

George Whorewell

• Getbig V
  • NO SUCH AGENCY
« Reply #49 on: September 06, 2010, 10:46:30 AM »
This thread is utter nonsense. When I was younger and smoked a lot, I decided to try to work out high a few times and it was a nightmare. Not only does it fuck up your breathing and make it impossible to concentrate, but it elevates your heart rate and decreases your energy at the same time.

The only possible advantage to smoking would be post workout if you want to increase your appitite, or if your skinny and want to put on weight. But in both cases, I find it hard to believe that getting the munchies would make you want to binge on anything except junk food.

I highly doubt that there are guys in great shape smoking weed after a workout and then jonesing for skinless chicken breasts and brown rice.