Author Topic: Man of Steel  (Read 3099 times)

kiwiol

• Getbig V
  • Who is John Galt?
Man of Steel
« on: September 05, 2010, 08:45:15 PM »
Two months ago I came home from work at lunch to take care of my 5 month old daughter that was sick.  My wife had taken the morning shift so she left for work.  I went upstairs, gave my daughter a bottle and put her in crib for a nap.  As I walked downstairs i fell down the last part of the stairs and dislocated my knee and hurt my quad.  I visited a local medclinic and my pirmary doctor over the course of the next two weeks.  I got an MRI of my leg and knee the day of my visit with my primary doctor.  During the MRI procedure my knee dislocated twice.  I sat with the injury for two weeks before seeing an othropedist that told me I needed immediate surgery.  It was revealed that I had torn the tendons that attach my quad to my knee cap and tore my vastus medialis...the MRI didn't fully show this.  I had surgery the day before my birthday and was sent home the day of my birthday.  Two weeks later I was taken by ambulance to our local hospital emergency room for extreme shortness of breathe, sweating and fatigue.  It was revealed that I had developed a blood clot in my leg and the one of the largest blood clots some of the doctors and nurses had ever seen in my lung.  The cardiologist and pulmonoligist on site in the hospital told me and my family that IF I live I'd be in the ICU for 4-6 weeks minimum, and that my chances of surival were extremely touch and go for a long while.  They prepared my family for the worst in private.  My family and friends prayed over me and for me privately for the next couple of days.  I was released from ICU 2.5 days later with the fastest, unexpected, unexplained recovery the doctors had seen.  At this point I'd spent almost 6 weeks in hell.  So, why did God choose to put me through this?  I can't tell you exactly why, but I will tell you that my marriage (which was already solid) was strengthened 10 fold.  My personal faith was strengthened. My wife has recognized a potential in herself she never realeased she had as a woman, wife and mother.  The relationships in my family were strengthened.  I know God led me by the hand and out of the grave I had one foot in.  He's given me a new lease on life and I thank him.  He's taught me to trust in him and I love him for it.  The road hasn't been easy and I'm still on it  He's allowed me and my family to suffer like never before and we've only arrived renewed with our faith strengthened.

Sorry to hear about your condition and hope you're feeling better. I'm sure all Y boarders join me in wishing you a speedy recovery.

And remember that bathtub calf raises go a long way in helping rehabilitate damaged knees.

Take care, big guy.

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
Re: Man of Steel
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2010, 08:50:48 PM »
Epic lurking.
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

kiwiol

• Getbig V
  • Who is John Galt?
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2010, 08:58:05 PM »
Epic lurking.

I do what I can, chaos ;D

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2010, 09:05:19 PM »
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
  • Call the vet, cause these pythons are sick!
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2010, 05:58:03 AM »
MOS.....so glad to hear that everything worked out.  Sometimes it does take these kind of things to put it all in perspective.....plus now if you don't want to do squats, you have a legit excuse.  ;D

Master Blaster

• Getbig V
  • Not sure if getbig full of trolls or trolls getbig
« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2010, 11:04:37 AM »
How's the bathroom looking?

mass 04

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2010, 05:01:48 PM »
Glad you're doing better, big guy. Best wishes

Butterbean

• Special Guests
  • Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2010, 10:56:13 AM »
MOS, thank God you're alright.  And what a great attitude about what happened.  You are an inspiration to me.
R

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2010, 07:01:04 AM »
Glad to hear that you are doing better :)

drkaje

• Getbig V
  • Quiet, Err. I'm transmitting rage.
« Reply #9 on: September 18, 2010, 01:50:48 PM »
Sorry to read of MOS' troubles.

Keep getting better!!

SS

• Getbig V
  • The new and improved SS.
« Reply #10 on: September 18, 2010, 03:22:20 PM »
Y boarders are strong willed.

MOS will be back to db curling the 90's in no time ;D

benchmstr

• Getbig V
  • Raging drunk
« Reply #11 on: September 18, 2010, 04:03:44 PM »

he is already doing the 90's....those are rehab pussy weights...

bench

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #12 on: September 20, 2010, 10:30:26 AM »

If he's gonna stay on his nice guy kick I'm gonna have to take away his Y board card :(

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
  • Isaiah40:28-31 ✝ Romans10:9 ✝ 1Peter3:15
« Reply #13 on: September 24, 2010, 07:28:48 PM »
The physical therapy I'm going through hurts a ton, but I'm making good progress.....thanks for everyone's words!

benchmstr

• Getbig V
  • Raging drunk
« Reply #14 on: September 24, 2010, 08:02:33 PM »
The physical therapy I'm going through hurts a ton, but I'm making good progress.....thanks for everyone's words!
since it sounds like you are doing a little too well...i retract my kind words >:(

;D

bench

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.
« Reply #15 on: September 25, 2010, 07:13:07 AM »
Hang in there man you will recover. Gene is going through some of the same stuff and he is mad as hell.