Author Topic: Fantasy Football Thread 2010  (Read 21026 times)

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
  • Call the vet, cause these pythons are sick!
Re: Fantasy Football Thread 2010
« Reply #200 on: December 29, 2010, 10:24:09 AM »
were holding ppl over for the first time this year, when do you guys make cuts?

I was thinking the cut off for rosters for the NFL but I dont know when that is. I think its like the 3rd or 4th week of preseason?

We do a pre-draft cut, so that you get some quality FA's to look at for the draft, our draft is usually in July, so we make that cut some time a few weeks before.....then we make a cut the week before the final pre-season game.  so people can kinda maybe catch an unknown.....and our draft includes FA's and all rookies.

I have Vick, Romo, Fitz and Tebow.....need to trade at least one of them for some picks.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #201 on: December 29, 2010, 10:34:49 AM »
We do a pre-draft cut, so that you get some quality FA's to look at for the draft, our draft is usually in July, so we make that cut some time a few weeks before.....then we make a cut the week before the final pre-season game.  so people can kinda maybe catch an unknown.....and our draft includes FA's and all rookies.

I have Vick, Romo, Fitz and Tebow.....need to trade at least one of them for some picks.
LOL honestly i think vick's production is going to go down to that of a regular qb sooner or later, were already seeing it kinda...he will still have breakout games probably more than the rest of the qb's but nothing like this year has been.

you could probably get a few draft picks for him from a person with a vick hard on  ;D

buddy of mine has brady and vick and im thinking of offering him my first and maybe a later round pick for brady like 6th or something.

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
« Reply #202 on: December 29, 2010, 10:36:54 AM »
LOL honestly i think vick's production is going to go down to that of a regular qb sooner or later, were already seeing it kinda...he will still have breakout games probably more than the rest of the qb's but nothing like this year has been.

you could probably get a few draft picks for him from a person with a vick hard on  ;D

buddy of mine has brady and vick and im thinking of offering him my first and maybe a later round pick for brady like 6th or something.

Thats what I've been thinking too.....hope Vick holds it together and I think I could get a lot for him in the offseason....  I should have unloaded Marshall to a couple of Dolphin fans in my league.....could have had Bowe straight up for him early in the season....damn.....  I'm not sure what to do with Boldin....

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #203 on: December 29, 2010, 01:00:26 PM »
Thats what I've been thinking too.....hope Vick holds it together and I think I could get a lot for him in the offseason....  I should have unloaded Marshall to a couple of Dolphin fans in my league.....could have had Bowe straight up for him early in the season....damn.....  I'm not sure what to do with Boldin....
the ravens offense is a rubix cube man, last year ray rice was the shit, this year he is good but not what he was last year...

flacco is a decent qb doesnt make a whole lot of mistakes but he isnt a guy to air the ball out alot either so...

I have rice and I figure I have to keep him but who knows exactly how big a role he will play next year?

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
« Reply #204 on: December 29, 2010, 01:30:59 PM »
the ravens offense is a rubix cube man, last year ray rice was the shit, this year he is good but not what he was last year...

flacco is a decent qb doesnt make a whole lot of mistakes but he isnt a guy to air the ball out alot either so...

I have rice and I figure I have to keep him but who knows exactly how big a role he will play next year?

I think Rice is a definite keep.... he got better as the season went on.  I also have S. Jackson, who looks great at times, but very avg at times.  Hoping Bradford being even better next year will help him.  My other RB's are either hurt or suck....Ryan Grant, Marion Barber are the best of the rest for me. 

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #205 on: December 29, 2010, 01:57:55 PM »
I think Rice is a definite keep.... he got better as the season went on.  I also have S. Jackson, who looks great at times, but very avg at times.  Hoping Bradford being even better next year will help him.  My other RB's are either hurt or suck....Ryan Grant, Marion Barber are the best of the rest for me. 
hahah yea injuries played a real big role this year i think...you had to have alot of depth especially in the RB position

we probably get to keep 2 next year its not decided yet but yea i think im going to role with ray rice and mike wallace...unless joe webb is the starter next season and still has dual position eligibility in that case i will definitely keep him  ;D

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
« Reply #206 on: December 29, 2010, 02:00:03 PM »
hahah yea injuries played a real big role this year i think...you had to have alot of depth especially in the RB position

we probably get to keep 2 next year its not decided yet but yea i think im going to role with ray rice and mike wallace...unless joe webb is the starter next season and still has dual position eligibility in that case i will definitely keep him  ;D

haha, Webb looked decent last night, I was shocked.  thought the Eagles would destory them.

I think Rice will really bounce back.  I drafted him when he was a rookie, but ended up cutting him at the end of the season because Bal seemed set on a split carry backfield.  HATED that decision last year...... >:(

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #207 on: December 29, 2010, 02:05:37 PM »
haha, Webb looked decent last night, I was shocked.  thought the Eagles would destory them.

I think Rice will really bounce back.  I drafted him when he was a rookie, but ended up cutting him at the end of the season because Bal seemed set on a split carry backfield.   HATED that decision last year...... >:(
that killed me this year, they give goal line duties to taylor which blows...