Author Topic: Jan Brewer's Criminally Insane Son and His Mysteriously Sealed File  (Read 3479 times)

Danny

• Getbig V
  • The original Superman
http://blogs.phoenixnewtimes.com/valleyfever/2010/09/jan_brewers_criminally_insane.php
​It's no secret -- not really -- that Arizona Governor Jan Brewer's son is seriously mentally ill.

During her years in the state Legislature and as a member of the Maricopa County Board of Supervisors, she mentioned it often in passing, and earned a reputation as a big-hearted advocate for the mentally ill who often put her conservative politics aside to do right by one of Arizona's most vulnerable populations.

But during her time as governor, she's mentioned it less. She's caved to political pressure and allowed vital services to the mentally ill to be cut.

And something funny's going on with her son's 20-year-old case. On January 9, 2009, in a very unusual move, his criminal case files were sealed. But New Times has obtained the police report behind the incident.

More on Ronald Brewer and the governor after the jump.

Ronald Brewer, 46, is not just mentally ill. He was deemed criminally insane in 1990, following a July 1989 arrest and subsequent indictment for the sexual assault and kidnapping of a Phoenix woman. According to a Phoenix Police Department report dated July 29, 1989, Brewer, then an unemployed 25-year-old, forced his way into a woman's apartment on West Indian School Road and threatened to hurt her "real bad" if she didn't engage in sexual acts, including performing fellatio.

According to a police interview with the victim, the entire ordeal lasted "approximately 20 minutes. During the assault, she feared for her life and thought the suspect was going to kill her if she did not cooperate." 

Those details are not available for public inspection at county Superior Court -- even though in a typical criminal case, they probably would be. On January 9, 2009, Superior Court Judge Pendleton Gaines sealed the entire case file at the request of Ronald Brewer's attorney.

On December 1, 2008, President-Elect Barack Obama nominated then-Governor Janet Napolitano to be the head of Homeland Security. Her successor? Secretary of State Jan Brewer. Brewer assumed office as governor on January 21.

The timing is curious.

This marked the first time that Ronald Brewer's entire file was sealed. Previously, his mental-health files were sealed, which is typical. Criminal cases are rarely sealed, and then, only parts of such a case would usually be kept from the public.

Phoenix Newspapers (a.k.a. the Arizona Republic)  filed a motion in July asking the judge to reconsider his January 2009 sealing order.

That motion also is under wraps. The court docket suggests that a ruling by the judge is pending.

The docket also strongly suggests that Ronald Brewer has several times over many years attempted to gain permanent release from his confinement at the state hospital in Phoenix, and has successfully won temporary release at various times.

But, as of now, he remains confined.

Last year -- even as state budget cuts were affecting tens of thousands of Arizonans -- ground was broken on a new building to house the forensics unit at the Arizona State Hospital. Governor Brewer reportedly was not in attendance on the grounds of the state hospital where her son is housed, but a member of her staff spoke, sources tell New Times
"What we do in life ECHOES in eternity "

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
Re: Jan Brewer's Criminally Insane Son and His Mysteriously Sealed File
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2010, 09:04:30 PM »
Here comes the leftists going after someone's children again, even though they have nothing whatsoever to do with the election. Can you crybaby far-leftists sink any lower?

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2010, 09:21:48 PM »
funny how I keep seeing a certain person here attack the left, scream dirty liberal, yell at Obama and those who voted for him all the time etc....

I am voting for Obama...

Just anti-Islam. I'm actually pretty liberal.

I don't like "Americans" who badmouth our country after they cut and run because they couldn't hack it.

Ohhhh.... oops....

Fury

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2010, 09:23:10 PM »
How cute, you've gone into my posting history again. Is that what you've spent the last 15 minutes doing?

What's your point? Much like people who claim that the far-right "religious clowns" have ruined the GOP, I believe the far-left has done the same thing ruining the term "liberal" for normal liberals who don't despise everything about America.

Cy Tolliver

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2010, 09:33:58 PM »
i love jan brewer,,,,,,,,,,,, you can fuck off
TEAM LAURA LEE!

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2010, 09:35:37 PM »
How cute, you've gone into my posting history again. Is that what you've spent the last 15 minutes doing?

What's your point? Much like people who claim that the far-right "religious clowns" have ruined the GOP, I believe the far-left has done the same thing ruining the term "liberal" for normal liberals who don't despise everything about America.
before Ron fixed the site, it would have taken longer than 15 minutes waiting.... Now thanks to Ron, it only took me about 15 seconds jackass ;)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2010, 11:32:13 PM »
This is sick.  Leave people's kids and families out of it.  Ignorant hacks can't deal with the issues, so they attack the kids.  ::)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2010, 11:47:48 PM »
 ::) ::)

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: September 06, 2010, 11:47:50 PM »
This is sick.  Leave people's kids and families out of it.  Ignorant hacks can't deal with the issues, so they attack the kids.  ::)
I agree, kids and family should be left out.  But you'll see this kind of crap time and time again.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: September 06, 2010, 11:48:35 PM »
I agree, kids and family should be left out.  But you'll see this kind of crap time and time again.

Doesn't make it right.  It's not a partisan issue. 

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: September 06, 2010, 11:48:40 PM »

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: September 06, 2010, 11:49:19 PM »
Doesn't make it right.  It's not a partisan issue. 
huh???  I'm agreeing with you.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: September 06, 2010, 11:51:09 PM »
who are you double eye rolling lol?

The topic. 

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: September 06, 2010, 11:51:57 PM »
huh???  I'm agreeing with you.

I know.  I'm agreeing with you.  This is like the second time in about four years.  lol . . .   

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: September 06, 2010, 11:52:27 PM »
The topic. 
oh, I guess it just confused me since you made a second post for your eye rolls.

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: September 06, 2010, 11:54:35 PM »
I know.  I'm agreeing with you.  This is like the second time in about four years.  lol . . .  
naw... we've agreed on more than that I'm sure.

or not lol...

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #16 on: September 07, 2010, 12:46:20 AM »

What's sick is her son!

I would normally agree that people's kids & families should be left out of things, ...but this is slightly different.
This guy shouldn't get a free pass simply because he is the governors son. We're not talking about an innocent child, we're talking about an adult, one who should be on a sex offenders list, and one who would under normal circumstances, NOT have their files sealed. Their records should be public, and to have what otherwise would be the public records of an adult sexual predator sealed, is an injustice to the people of Arizona, and whether the governor exercised her influence to get it done is a very valid question.

I also question whether he really is criminally insane, or merely a criminal who got to stay in a hospital vs. a jail simply because Mom is well connected. It could explain Gov Brewer's seeming indifference to mental health care funding. I do think in this case, Mr. Brewer is fair game for discussion and/or speculation. How it relates to Gov. Brewer the candidate is questionable, ...but in and of itself it certainly merits discussion.
w

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: September 07, 2010, 12:57:53 AM »
What's sick is her son!

I would normally agree that people's kids & families should be left out of things, ...but this is slightly different.
This guy shouldn't get a free pass simply because he is the governors son. We're not talking about an innocent child, we're talking about an adult, one who should be on a sex offenders list, and one who would under normal circumstances, NOT have their files sealed. Their records should be public, and to have what otherwise would be the public records of an adult sexual predator sealed, is an injustice to the people of Arizona, and whether the governor exercised her influence to get it done is a very valid question.

I also question whether he really is criminally insane, or merely a criminal who got to stay in a hospital vs. a jail simply because Mom is well connected. It could explain Gov Brewer's seeming indifference to mental health care funding. I do think in this case, Mr. Brewer is fair game for discussion and/or speculation. How it relates to Gov. Brewer the candidate is questionable, ...but in and of itself it certainly merits discussion.
I agree, this dude is sick.  I'm no fan of Gov. Brewer, she's an ongoing joke.  But I don't think dragging what her kid has done into the picture is fair.  The whole, "sins of the father" thing... or in this case sins of the son... I'm against that crap.  This story wouldn't be coming up now if it wasn't for her being govenor and so thus the target is her, not him...  Not cool.

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #18 on: September 07, 2010, 01:14:37 AM »
I agree, this dude is sick.  I'm no fan of Gov. Brewer, she's an ongoing joke.  But I don't think dragging what her kid has done into the picture is fair.  The whole, "sins of the father" thing... or in this case sins of the son... I'm against that crap.  This story wouldn't be coming up now if it wasn't for her being govenor and so thus the target is her, not him...  Not cool.

I agree... the sins of the father... or in this case the sins of the mother or son... is ridiculous.

Unless you take into account that some mental health issues are indeed hereditary.

I do feel it's relevant only in so much that his records have been sealed, ...and that is a luxury the parents of other sexual predators do not enjoy. Therefore, the question begs to be asked, why were his records sealed, ...and for whose benefits? Why are special privileges being afforded to either Gov Brewer, ...or her son? These to me are very relevant & valid questions.
w

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: September 07, 2010, 01:27:52 AM »
I agree... the sins of the father... or in this case the sins of the mother or son... is ridiculous.

Unless you take into account that some mental health issues are indeed hereditary.

I do feel it's relevant only in so much that his records have been sealed, ...and that is a luxury the parents of other sexual predators do not enjoy. Therefore, the question begs to be asked, why were his records sealed, ...and for whose benefits? Why are special privileges being afforded to either Gov Brewer, ...or her son? These to me are very relevant & valid questions.
Taking into account hereditary issues in matters like this is a little to eugenics for me.  I'll leave thought and planning in those matters to Nazi scum and the rest in line lol...  

Yes, there could very well be an issue made of records being sealed and why.  But then I must go to at what cause this would happen and what would transpire or result from the records not being sealed?  The major benefit I see is for those who would use it not against him, but against his mother.

Brewer is digging her own grave... no need to bring a son's crimes into it....  This brand of politics is sick and needless and I'm sick of seeing it from both sides...

James

« Reply #20 on: September 07, 2010, 06:14:20 AM »

QFT

Danny

• Getbig V
  • The original Superman
« Reply #21 on: September 07, 2010, 06:48:57 AM »
What's sick is her son!

Bingo.
"What we do in life ECHOES in eternity "

Fury

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: September 07, 2010, 08:22:17 AM »
What's sick is her son!

Ahh, yes. The woman who cries any time Obama's wife or children are brought up is now trying to justify this. Are you a hypocrite in everything you do in life?

This guy has nothing do with Jan Brewer. He's a grown man and his actions are not relevant to her campaign. Or are we going to ask parents to start taking responsibility for the actions of "children" in their 40s? Get the fuck out of here, googly-eyes.

You either agree with attacking people's children or you don't. Can't have it both ways (though we all know you'll try to spin it like that).

And let's not even get into the teary-eyed rant about the file being sealed. If you have no problem with Obama sealing a dozen different records of his then, again, you can't complain about this guy's medical file being sealed. ::)

Fury

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: September 07, 2010, 08:31:10 AM »
What is this fascination with Brewer anyway? Unless you live in Arizona, then she should be of no importance to you. And if you live in Canada, then really, why the fuck are you acting like you've got some vested interest in this woman's election?

Is it because she's against illegal immigration? Well, here's a shocker, over 50% of the country is as well!  ::)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #24 on: September 07, 2010, 10:21:58 AM »
file shows her kid is a rapist.  a POS, but that doesn't reflect on her, unless she was standing on the stump with him talking about what a bang-up job her own policies have had on her own home.

if SHE introduces the kid to public light - if the kid is giving speeches, opening his own PAC, campaigning for his mom, etc - then he is relevant.

as it is, he's a sicko fvck, but it doesn't reflect on her personally...we all have nutjobs in our family.