Author Topic: What is your view of the poor?  (Read 24929 times)

disco_stu

• Getbig V
  • I'm a llama!
Re: What is your view of the poor?
« Reply #75 on: September 07, 2010, 03:00:27 PM »
Well then they should man up and stop working and send a message. Fucking sheep.

You know that if people don't have money they resort to crime. That would cost you big time.

excellent post..

unfortunately those who whine and complain about the poor and unemployed either have never tried to live on benefits, or have an overly simplistic view of the problem.- like assuming people are lazy and dont want to work.

i assure you that whatever percentage of those who actually like living on benefits is very small, and is simply part of an overhead that a civilised society must deal with especially when it doesnt have enough work demand to match skills.

you want to fix unemployed?- then create enough jobs..not just positions, but tasks that require skills of those who cant find work..thats no easy proposition as businesses wont expand if they cant find employees, and vice versa.

and thats only the tip of the iceberg as far as the complexity of the problem.

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
« Reply #76 on: September 07, 2010, 03:01:40 PM »
My father was a drunk who broke my mothers nose,knocked out her teeth, and beat the shit out of me and my two sisters a few times a week to stay in fighting condition.

I was programmed to duck/flinch when he walked by me whether he was drunk or sober.

Used to throw quart beer bottles at me when I was ten years old and smashed my forehead into a kitchen table at the age of 6.

We had much less money per year than you did.

If my uncle didn`t own the house we lived in I have no clue what we wouyld have done.

Some people are a product of their enviroment.........I used to be,but I knew I could do better so eventually after years of fucking up,I got my shit together.....no one looks down on me now and if they do,I tell them about themselves in a minute.

StuartR

• Getbig III
« Reply #77 on: September 07, 2010, 03:08:46 PM »
I don't think I'm a genius.  I was the top high school math student in Canada in both grades 11 and 12 [although it's just high school I think it's still a good achievement].  I consider myself to be a pretty sharp guy.

There is literally no chance of this being true unless you're exploiting some sort of massive semantic loophole

tommywishbone

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Biscuit
« Reply #78 on: September 07, 2010, 03:12:56 PM »
Q: What's your view of the poor?
A: I view them from time-to-time when I venue down off the hill to purchase drugs. Why do you ask?
a

YngiweRhoads

• Getbig V
  • Shreddin'
« Reply #79 on: September 07, 2010, 03:15:55 PM »

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #80 on: September 07, 2010, 03:22:07 PM »
My father was a drunk who broke my mothers nose,knocked out her teeth, and beat the shit out of me and my two sisters a few times a week to stay in fighting condition.

I was programmed to duck/flinch when he walked by me whether he was drunk or sober.

Used to throw quart beer bottles at me when I was ten years old and smashed my forehead into a kitchen table at the age of 6.

If my uncle didn`t own the house we lived in I have no clue what we wouyld have done.

Some people are a product of their enviroment.........I used to be,but I knew I could do better so eventually after years of fucking up,I got my shit together.....no one looks down on me now and if they do,I tell them about themselves in a minute.
Luxury!       ;D

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #81 on: September 07, 2010, 03:24:10 PM »
LOL  :)

Matt C

• Getbig V
  • The White Vince Goodrum
« Reply #82 on: September 07, 2010, 03:24:26 PM »

So if you could do it, why can't other people do it?
Bodybuilding Pro.com

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #83 on: September 07, 2010, 03:36:26 PM »
I can`t speak for others.

I`m sure lots have recovered and lead productive lives............others,not a chance of changing.

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #84 on: September 07, 2010, 03:37:59 PM »

che

• Getbig V
« Reply #85 on: September 07, 2010, 03:38:37 PM »

Are you that stupid ?

Kim Jong Bob

• Getbig V
  • KIM JONG IL ORIGINAL BEATIFULL MAN WITH GLASSES
« Reply #86 on: September 07, 2010, 03:52:09 PM »

damn that's terrible, as a father to a 2 year old daughter i cant even imagine giving her a light slap on the head. but using my own children as boxing sacks is just sickening . what made you change your lifestyle to the better if i mae ask?

tommywishbone

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Biscuit
a

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #88 on: September 07, 2010, 04:05:48 PM »

blackpele

• Getbig III
« Reply #89 on: September 07, 2010, 04:08:33 PM »
Tito 24 on page 2 post a pic and no one made a comment, getbig members will always suprise me.

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #90 on: September 07, 2010, 04:13:04 PM »
damn that's terrible, as a father to a 2 year old daughter i cant even imagine giving her a light slap on the head. but using my own children as boxing sacks is just sickening . what made you change your lifestyle to the better if i mae ask?
To wear out an old cliche`,I just got tired of being sick and tired.

Another incident I had which was like a moment of clarity for me was when three really dirty scumball looking crackheads looked at me as if I was dogshit on their shoes...........that one was a real eye opener!!

kiwiol

• Getbig V
  • Who is John Galt?
« Reply #91 on: September 07, 2010, 04:14:27 PM »
Tito 24 on page 2 post a pic and no one made a comment

Well, no poster is allowed to address him directly...

Crossbow

• Getbig II
« Reply #92 on: September 07, 2010, 05:16:54 PM »
I grew up broke as fuck so I know what its like.  I always keep extra dollars in my wallet and each week when I see people with signs I give them the money.  Why?  1. It makes me feel good. 2. A person is in need and those 1 or 2 dollars will make a bigger difference to them then it will for me.

I know there are scammers out there but that's not for me to judge. 

What are your views on poor people domestically?

Donate to a homeless charity (http://www.shelter.org.uk/) straight out of my paycheck every month, which eases my conscience if I don't give money to everybody that asks.
Pay a ridiculous amount of tax (more than 50% of income), which I hope helps the poor to some extend.

On the street I tend to give to people who make en effort to help themselves, be it by performing sth, selling the homeless newspaper or who look like they are not likely to use it on alcohol or drugs.

I do not think that most poor people are lazy, many are "working poor", e.g. working one or more jobs that are lowly paid but still don't make enough money to live. Even in the social welfare states of Europe there are many good people falling through the cracks of the systems when they get struck by bad luck or some sort of emergency/tragedy, so I can only imagine how bad it must be Stateside where there is no support / healthcare / proper education etc. for the poor.

What makes me fume with anger (when I'm in the States) is seeing how they treat their war veterans. It tells you a lot about a country and its culture when they let people who were risking their lives for their country and came back with some form of disability (physical or mental) drift into poverty and homelessness.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #93 on: September 07, 2010, 05:46:45 PM »
Meanwhile I have had to suffer for much of my adult life due to poor people and their bad choices and here is Tim giving me shit!  What nerve.  Try being screwed out of rent by three tenants all in the same month and then tell me how great you think poor people are Tim.

I had no idea that you were a slumlord Matt. If you are suffering because a few deadbeats skipped out on their rent, you must be overextended. You should diversify your real estate holdings. Ever thought of investing in commercial real estate?

no one

• Getbig V
  • have i hurt your feelings?
« Reply #94 on: September 07, 2010, 06:49:14 PM »
b

benchmstr

• Getbig V
  • Raging drunk
« Reply #95 on: September 07, 2010, 06:54:32 PM »

bench

benchmstr

• Getbig V
  • Raging drunk
« Reply #96 on: September 07, 2010, 07:03:07 PM »

bench

jtsunami

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • I support Bigbobs
« Reply #97 on: September 07, 2010, 07:28:20 PM »
I grew up broke as fuck so I know what its like.  I always keep extra dollars in my wallet and each week when I see people with signs I give them the money.  Why?  1. It makes me feel good. 2. A person is in need and those 1 or 2 dollars will make a bigger difference to them then it will for me.

I know there are scammers out there but that's not for me to judge. 

What are your views on poor people domestically?

depends if they are the working poor or the live off the gov't poor, I respect the 1st, would love to gas the last.

TEAM Nasser

Matt C

• Getbig V
  • The White Vince Goodrum
« Reply #98 on: September 07, 2010, 07:37:38 PM »
There is literally no chance of this being true unless you're exploiting some sort of massive semantic loophole

In the sense that there is no formal award given, you could say that I did not receive such an honour.  But the school board made it clear to me that there was no one else they knew of in Northwestern Ontario with a higher result, and an honest 100.0% is an honest 100.0%.

Q: What's your view of the poor?
A: I view them from time-to-time when I venue down off the hill to purchase drugs. Why do you ask?

;D  ;D  ;D

;D  ;D  ;D

I can`t speak for others.

I`m sure lots have recovered and lead productive lives............others,not a chance of changing.

Well, let's just say that there is a difference between short-term poverty and long-term/chronic poverty.  If everything you said about your past is true and you managed to recover, how can any able-bodied person not do the same?  Are you saying they had it worse than you did?

People do go through temporary hard times but if you and Wiggs as well as others in this very thread went from being in poverty to being out of poverty, I see no reason why any other able-bodied person can't do it.  I can only go based on my personal observations of people, but most people who I have met who are in chronic poverty are in that position due to poor long-term planning and poor decision-making.  Surely not all, but most from what I have personally seen.
Bodybuilding Pro.com

Sir Bigness

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • Get busy Living, or get busy Dying!!
« Reply #99 on: September 07, 2010, 07:46:27 PM »
In the USA, "Greatest Country in the World"  ::) ::) there should be no homeless, etc!! Soooo much focus on foreign everything!! US folk are HIGH needs!! Total gov mismanagement!!