Author Topic: What is your view of the poor?  (Read 24934 times)

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
What is your view of the poor?
« on: September 07, 2010, 12:45:05 AM »
I grew up broke as fuck so I know what its like.  I always keep extra dollars in my wallet and each week when I see people with signs I give them the money.  Why?  1. It makes me feel good. 2. A person is in need and those 1 or 2 dollars will make a bigger difference to them then it will for me.

I know there are scammers out there but that's not for me to judge. 

What are your views on poor people domestically?

James Blunt

• Getbig IV
Re: What is your view of the poor?
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2010, 01:04:52 AM »
I don't put much thought into poor adults, Most are fat, lazy, and douchey. (some are cool as fuck obviously and just victims of circumstance)

The only thing that bothers me about poor people is that the mutherfuckers can't quit reproducing. There isn't much that's more heart breaking than seeing a kid growing up with poor as fuck parents who shouldn't have had kids, and aren't even smart enough to teach them anything. I grew up with an alcoholic mother and I was the poor kid in class. Holy shit theres nothing worse. I remember just wanting to have a can of pepsi and I was almost scolded for having asked. Poor adults can deal with shit, kids have no choice and suffer. There should be financial requirement for having kids.

DK II

• Getbig V
  • Call me 4 steroids: 571-332-2588 or 571-249-4163
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2010, 01:07:52 AM »
I don't put much thought into poor adults, Most are fat, lazy, and douchey. (some are cool as fuck obviously and just victims of circumstance)

The only thing that bothers me about poor people is that the mutherfuckers can't quit reproducing. There isn't much that's more heart breaking than seeing a kid growing up with poor as fuck parents who shouldn't have had kids, and aren't even smart enough to teach them anything. I grew up with an alcoholic mother and I was the poor kid in class. Holy shit theres nothing worse. I remember just wanting to have a can of pepsi and I was almost scolded for having asked. Poor adults can deal with shit, kids have no choice and suffer. There should be financial requirement for having kids.

totally agree.

Kim Jong Bob

• Getbig V
  • KIM JONG IL ORIGINAL BEATIFULL MAN WITH GLASSES
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2010, 01:09:24 AM »

+1

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2010, 01:33:10 AM »

ALL I WANTED WAS A PEPSI.  JUST ONE PEPSI.

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2010, 01:36:59 AM »
I grew up broke as fuck so I know what its like.  I always keep extra dollars in my wallet and each week when I see people with signs I give them the money.  Why?  1. It makes me feel good. 2. A person is in need and those 1 or 2 dollars will make a bigger difference to them then it will for me.

X2

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2010, 02:00:44 AM »

99% are scammers, drunks, or complete eff ups in the head. That 1% are the ones who don't beg and need the money, they tend to be too proud to do so.

Matt C

• Getbig V
  • The White Vince Goodrum
« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2010, 02:12:36 AM »
I grew up broke as fuck so I know what its like.  I always keep extra dollars in my wallet and each week when I see people with signs I give them the money.  Why?  1. It makes me feel good. 2. A person is in need and those 1 or 2 dollars will make a bigger difference to them then it will for me.

I grew up lower middle class I suppose.  Although even if my childhood were to qualify me as being "poor" I was still richer than 90% of the world.  So I do not feel sorry for the US or Canadian "poor" who are in fact among the richest 10% of people on the planet.  If they are able-bodied, I especially can't feel sorry for them.  And even my friend who has a disability mainly worries about getting money for coffee and cigarettes.  So how "poor" are these people?  Not very.

Wiggs, you should start reading the works of this man if you haven't already:

http://www.jewishworldreview.com/cols/sowell010500.asp

No government of the left has done as much for the poor as capitalism has. Even when it comes to the redistribution of income, the left talks the talk but the free market walks the walk.

What do the poor most need? They need to stop being poor. And how can that be done, on a mass scale, except by an economy that creates more wealth?

http://www.jewishworldreview.com/cols/sowell082107.php3

Despite whatever the left may say, or even believe, about their concern for the poor, their actual behavior shows their interest in the poor to be greatest when the poor can be used as a focus of the left's denunciations of society.

When the poor stop being poor, they lose the attention of the left. What actions on the part of the poor, or what changes in the economy, have led to drastic reductions in poverty seldom arouse much curiosity, much less celebration.

^^ See, the political left doesn't give a shit about the poor when they are no longer poor.  Leftists hate poor people who later become rich, but why?  I thought the goal of leftist's was for people to no longer be poor.  ::)  The left only cares about the poor insofar as they can use them as examples of why they hate society and society is "bad" and in need of fixing.

"There is much discussion of the haves and the have-nots, but very little discussion of the doers and the do-nots, those who contribute and those who merely take." - Thomas Sowell
Bodybuilding Pro.com

Parker

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: September 07, 2010, 02:23:49 AM »
I grew up lower middle class I suppose.  Although even if my childhood were to qualify me as being "poor" I was still richer than 90% of the world.  So I do not feel sorry for the US or Canadian "poor" who are in fact among the richest 10% of people on the planet.  If they are able-bodied, I especially can't feel sorry for them.  And even my friend who has a disability mainly worries about getting money for coffee and cigarettes.  So how "poor" are these people?  Not very.

Wiggs, you should start reading the works of this man if you haven't already:

http://www.jewishworldreview.com/cols/sowell010500.asp

http://www.jewishworldreview.com/cols/sowell082107.php3

^^ See, the political left doesn't give a shit about the poor when they are no longer poor.  Leftists hate poor people who later become rich, but why?  I thought the goal of leftist's was for people to no longer be poor.  ::)  The left only cares about the poor insofar as they can use them as examples of why they hate society and society is "bad" and in need of fixing.

"There is much discussion of the haves and the have-nots, but very little discussion of the doers and the do-nots, those who contribute and those who merely take." - Thomas Sowell
Well, if one stops being poor, then one doesn't need help correct? So, it's not a matter of the left not caring about the poor once they get rich, its a matter of "the squeaky wheel gets the grease"

If you have 10 kids in a classroom and 3 are failing, if there is a concern, is it concern for the 70% of the class that is doing well, or the 30% that isn't? And will more priorit be put on that 30%? Now, if it become 20%, that 1 child that got his grade up to passing, or excellent, will there be more priority on him, or that other 20%?

Matt C

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: September 07, 2010, 02:27:07 AM »
Well, if one stops being poor, then one doesn't need help correct? So, it's not a matter of the left not caring about the poor once they get rich, its a matter of "the squeaky wheel gets the grease"

If you have 10 kids in a classroom and 3 are failing, if there is a concern, is it concern for the 70% of the class that is doing well, or the 30% that isn't? And will more priorit be put on that 30%? Now, if it become 20%, that 1 child that got his grade up to passing, or excellent, will there be more priority on him, or that other 20%?

That's true.  It's just that the left never talks about upward class mobility which is not a myth and can be observed.  You don't here them talking much about the improvements the former poor have made, such as people like Wiggs and I and there are many more.  And by the way, as a child, I defined poor as having an Atari and not a Nintendo.  ::)

99% are scammers, drunks, or complete eff ups in the head. That 1% are the ones who don't beg and need the money, they tend to be too proud to do so.

From my experience I would have to agree with this.
Bodybuilding Pro.com

The Wizard of Truth

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Fallen Angel
« Reply #10 on: September 07, 2010, 02:34:59 AM »
Well redistribution of wealth is a joke
Over here the unemployed (and unemployable) have a better standard of living than workers
Free houses, free medical care and medicine, free public transport passes, etc
Its an absolute joke
When I become President of Ireland I will pass a law that if somebody hasnt worked 50% (and thats being generous) of their adult life then every single one of their benefits will be cut
On a good note one of my best mates is 3rd in command of our city's social welfare system and acts the prick with these losers everyday

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: September 07, 2010, 02:42:16 AM »
good to know that if a person hits really hard times and has to resort to holding up a sign he'll be taken for a scammer ::)

#1 Klaus fan

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: September 07, 2010, 02:54:14 AM »
Over here the unemployed (and unemployable) have a better standard of living than workers
Free houses, free medical care and medicine, free public transport passes, etc
Its an absolute joke

Well then they should man up and stop working and send a message. Fucking sheep.

When I become President of Ireland I will pass a law that if somebody hasnt worked 50% (and thats being generous) of their adult life then every single one of their benefits will be cut
On a good note one of my best mates is 3rd in command of our city's social welfare system and acts the prick with these losers everyday

You know that if people don't have money they resort to crime. That would cost you big time.

Parker

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: September 07, 2010, 02:56:12 AM »
good to know that if a person hits really hard times and has to resort to holding up a sign he'll be taken for a scammer ::)
You mean a "Why lie, I need a beer" sign? It had gotten so bad in the Annapolis area that they banned panhandling. Some people even had certain "corners" and would fight each other for them. One time, I'm not aking this up, a dude pulled up in a shiny new truck and got into a fight with another panhandler---dude was on the other guy's corner, thus cutting into his funds.
Some people would have their family members out there...

I see my fair share of homeless and beggars, the ones who need the money, will not ask because they are too prideful. The drug addicts, drunks, greedy mofos, deranged lunatics, are the ones who you see on the streets begging like its no tomorrow. And then, you have the people who wish to remain homeless. No care, no worries, no bills.

When you see the amount of food we waste and throw away, that is huge meal for them. Go to McDonald's just before 10:30 am, which is when they stop serving breakfast. Watch them throw out all the breakfast food---if you are nice, they might give a free sasauge biscuit, it was gonna be thrown out any way...  

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: September 07, 2010, 03:01:06 AM »
You mean a "Why lie, I need a beer" sign? It had gotten so bad in the Annapolis area that they banned panhandling. Some people even had certain "corners" and would fight each other for them. One time, I'm not aking this up, a dude pulled up in a shiny new truck and got into a fight with another panhandler---dude was on the other guy's corner, thus cutting into his funds.
Some people would have their family members out there...

I see my fair share of homeless and beggars, the ones who need the money, will not ask because they are too prideful. The drug addicts, drunks, greedy mofos, deranged lunatics, are the ones who you see on the streets begging like its no tomorrow. And then, you have the people who wish to remain homeless. No care, no worries, no bills.

When you see the amount of food we waste and throw away, that is huge meal for them. Go to McDonald's just before 10:30 am, which is when they stop serving breakfast. Watch them throw out all the breakfast food---if you are nice, they might give a free sasauge biscuit, it was gonna be thrown out any way...  
no, I know there are plenty of those types out there.  That's not why I made that post.  The point is that even the lowest of holding a sign up for work or aid isn't an option now because of the perception.

_bruce_

• Getbig V
  • Sam Sesambröt Sulek
« Reply #15 on: September 07, 2010, 03:03:45 AM »
I always give to the older ones.
The younger punks with the dogs and the shitty clothes get zero - annoying scum.

Matt C

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: September 07, 2010, 03:10:29 AM »

Exactly.

You sound like a rich liberal who lives in a gated community and has this romantic notion of the poor as if they are all struggling and the victims of "society" yet chooses to live nowhere near them.  ;D  I hate those kind of liberals, total hypocrites.  They opine about climate change will sipping on a latte.

My point is that most poor people are scum.
Bodybuilding Pro.com

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
« Reply #17 on: September 07, 2010, 03:23:12 AM »
\
You never cease to fucking amaze me!!!!!!!

I bet you would fold up like a bitch if you had a tough day.

The Wizard of Truth

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Fallen Angel
« Reply #18 on: September 07, 2010, 03:25:38 AM »
Well then they should man up and stop working and send a message. Fucking sheep.

You know that if people don't have money they resort to crime. That would cost you big time.
No, I will deport ALL illegal immigrants
I dont know about USA but here a Nigerian or Rumanian can live here 5, 6, 7years while the goverment decide if they can stay or not
By then their mini-refugees are in school etc so its rare the spongers get deported
And if they do get a deportation order they can take it to the high court here, costing taxpayers millions
So my solution: They come here, put in a holding cell for 3weeks then their fate is decided, in or out, no fucking about

As regards crime rate rising well the police will be given extra power
After serious beatings at the hands of cops the scum will halt their fuck-acting

garebear

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Never question my instincts.
« Reply #19 on: September 07, 2010, 03:28:59 AM »
Exactly.

You sound like a rich liberal who lives in a gated community and has this romantic notion of the poor as if they are all struggling and the victims of "society" yet chooses to live nowhere near them.  ;D  I hate those kind of liberals, total hypocrites.  They opine about climate change will sipping on a latte.

Which kind do you like?
G

Tito24

• Getbig V
  • I'm a large man but.. one with a plan
« Reply #20 on: September 07, 2010, 03:30:22 AM »

pellius

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith Jones aka OnlyMe/NoWorries. 1/10/2011
« Reply #21 on: September 07, 2010, 03:34:04 AM »
In America there are only a few simple rules you must follow to pretty much guarantee that you won't be poor. That doesn't mean you will be rich and live a life of luxury but that you can support yourself and live a fairly comfortable middle class lifestyle. Finish high school, don't have kids before you are married, don't get addicted to drugs and/or alcohol, don't get in trouble with the law, get a job -- any job and stick with it (work hard, be on time, be responsible....).

pellius

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith Jones aka OnlyMe/NoWorries. 1/10/2011
« Reply #22 on: September 07, 2010, 03:35:01 AM »
Regarding the last point on sticking with a job, on my plane trip over here when I left Cali and moved back to Hawaii I sat next to a man who I got to talking to. He was originally from Korea and when he arrived in the U.S. couldn't speak hardly any English. Got a job at Jack in the Box as a janitor. Eventually, as he learned to speak English got a job as a cashier and now 28 years later is a District Manager. He owns a home in Hawaii and San Francisco and makes a comfortable six figure salary. These kinds of stories are endless. America, though it has seen it's better days and I regretfully believe that are place as a super power is nearing it's end (50 years or so?) it's still, as of today, a land of opportunity for anybody that's willing to work hard and play by the rules.

BTW, the average home price in Hawaii is well over a half a million dollars. Just a single family home. No mansion or fancy digs.  

G_Thang

• Getbig V
  • The World South of the USA isnt for pussies!
« Reply #23 on: September 07, 2010, 03:39:18 AM »
No, I will deport ALL illegal immigrants
I dont know about USA but here a Nigerian or Rumanian can live here 5, 6, 7years while the goverment decide if they can stay or not
By then their mini-refugees are in school etc so its rare the spongers get deported
And if they do get a deportation order they can take it to the high court here, costing taxpayers millions
So my solution: They come here, put in a holding cell for 3weeks then their fate is decided, in or out, no fucking about

As regards crime rate rising well the police will be given extra power
After serious beatings at the hands of cops the scum will halt their fuck-acting

in the end they'll add diversitiy, culture and mixtureed drinks to your lilly white drunken Guinness based society.

in the end...just a poor girl on a beach   

Tito24

• Getbig V
  • I'm a large man but.. one with a plan
« Reply #24 on: September 07, 2010, 03:45:18 AM »