Author Topic: Things that cause Muslims to commit acts of violence  (Read 4226 times)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
Things that cause Muslims to commit acts of violence
« on: September 08, 2010, 08:07:51 PM »
Was thinking about this in response to the Koran burning story.  There have been several situations that have caused some Muslims to commit acts of violence, threaten acts of violence, and/or caused some people to change their actions out of fear of violence.  What I can recall includes:

- Making derogatory cartoons of Mohammad.
- Writing any kind of book critical of Islam or Mohammad.
- An "offensive" South Park (?) episode.
- Something posted on facebook. 
- Burning Korans by a church that consists of about 50 members. 

Anything else? 

Kazan

• Getbig V
  • Sic vis pacem, parabellum
Re: Things that cause Muslims to commit acts of violence
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2010, 08:13:23 PM »
-They don't get a good nights sleep
-They didn't get what they wanted for breakfast
-The gap in David Letterman's teeth
-Any episode of Gene Simmons family Jewels

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2010, 08:22:52 PM »
Was thinking about this in response to the Koran burning story.  There have been several situations that have caused some Muslims to commit acts of violence, threaten acts of violence, and/or caused some people to change their actions out of fear of violence.  What I can recall includes:

- Making derogatory cartoons of Mohammad.
- Writing any kind of book critical of Islam or Mohammad.
- An "offensive" South Park (?) episode.
- Something posted on facebook. 
- Burning Korans by a church that consists of about 50 members. 

Anything else? 

anything they think/imagine is an insult to their religion

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
  • KILL CENTRAL BANKS, BUY BITCOIN.
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2010, 08:41:24 PM »
anything they think/imagine is an insult to their religion

Exactly. RADICALS will find any reason to commit an act of violence.

Kazan

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2010, 08:43:18 PM »
Exactly. RADICALS will find any reason to commit an act of violence.
Yes because it was only the radicals that went ape shit over salam rushdie's book, or the cartoon of muhammed ::)
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2010, 08:47:13 PM »
Yes because it was only the radicals that went ape shit over salam rushdie's book, or the cartoon of muhammed ::)

Were talking about acts of violence. Does someone yelling on the street count as acts of violence?

Kazan

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2010, 08:49:51 PM »
Were talking about acts of violence. Does someone yelling on the street count as acts of violence?

What are you talking about, the fuckers went crazy rioting, burning shit to the ground, a little more than yelling on a street corner. And as far as Rushdie, he has had a fatwa for his death since the book was published, not by some imam, but by governments of Muslim nations
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2010, 10:06:42 PM »
If they burnt shit to the ground and want to see the guy dead that would make them radicals. There are 1.5 billion Muslims, you're saying they all have or will commit acts of violence? Geeze, the suggestion that its all or nothing when it comes to how Muslims react to a situation or that goverments speak for everyone is ridiculous and you know that.  

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2010, 10:23:24 PM »
-Any episode of Gene Simmons family Jewels

seeing how Gene is Israeli, that's a given before the show even starts.

George Whorewell

• Getbig V
  • TND
« Reply #9 on: September 09, 2010, 06:55:46 AM »
If they burnt shit to the ground and want to see the guy dead that would make them radicals. There are 1.5 billion Muslims, you're saying they all have or will commit acts of violence? Geeze, the suggestion that its all or nothing when it comes to how Muslims react to a situation or that goverments speak for everyone is ridiculous and you know that.  

You come up with this same bullshit argument every time about the precise number of radicals. Even at a conservative estimate of 8 % or so, thats still 80 million radicals. 80 million. Is that a small number of people to you?

garebear

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Never question my instincts.
« Reply #10 on: September 09, 2010, 06:59:32 AM »
You come up with this same bullshit argument every time about the precise number of radicals. Even at a conservative estimate of 8 % or so, thats still 80 million radicals. 80 million. Is that a small number of people to you?
Not for me. I have 80 million facebook friends.
G

BM OUT

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #11 on: September 09, 2010, 07:00:22 AM »

YES!!Compared to the one conservative that committed violence,McVeigh,80 million is a small number.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #12 on: September 09, 2010, 07:02:41 AM »
YES!!Compared to the one conservative that committed violence,McVeigh,80 million is a small number.

80 million radicals.... 200 attacks last month... almost all on their soil.

At least the vast vast majority of them do nothing more than sit home and scream about it... and when the .0001% of them do act up, its on their own, in their country.

George Whorewell

• Getbig V
  • TND
« Reply #13 on: September 09, 2010, 07:08:04 AM »
240 is right. Radicalized individuals killing innocent people in other countries, destablizing the reigon and all the while trying to secure Nuclear weapons through their own means ( Iran) or by using Nuclear weapons that are already there for the taking (Pakistan) is no concern of ours.

I mean heck, how could we have prevented 911? Bannned boxcutters on airplanes? I mean lets be serious here.

BM OUT

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #14 on: September 09, 2010, 07:17:23 AM »
80 million radicals.... 200 attacks last month... almost all on their soil.

At least the vast vast majority of them do nothing more than sit home and scream about it... and when the .0001% of them do act up, its on their own, in their country.

And ZERO sattacks by any right winger EVER inspired by Beck and Rush and yet you sit home and scream about violence from the right over your computer.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #15 on: September 09, 2010, 07:19:28 AM »
And ZERO sattacks by any right winger EVER inspired by Beck and Rush and yet you sit home and scream about violence from the right over your computer.

hey, my point is that other domestic issues matter FAR more than a few nutbags overseas screaming about this or that.

lock down our borders, shoot intruders on sight.  Let ISR nuke Iran.  Let anyone build what they want where they want, burn what they want - but the minute they break the law, you ship em to gitmo.  prob solved.

BM OUT

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #16 on: September 09, 2010, 07:30:05 AM »
hey, my point is that other domestic issues matter FAR more than a few nutbags overseas screaming about this or that.

lock down our borders, shoot intruders on sight.  Let ISR nuke Iran.  Let anyone build what they want where they want, burn what they want - but the minute they break the law, you ship em to gitmo.  prob solved.

Your point is correct.I dont worry a dam bit about Muslims.They are dirty ,smelly,backward ass people who live in squallar for the most part.

However,the left is MORE concerned with tea party people and Rush and Beck then Mulims when there is ZERO violence ever coming from them.I dont worry about muslims,but they are certainly a bigger concern then some fool marching at a tea party rally,but you and goof balls like Olbermann would have us believe the real threat is coming for them and Muslims are interested only in peace.

garebear

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: September 09, 2010, 07:46:56 AM »
high-profile conservative blogger Erick Erickson contemplated the beating of politicians: "At what point do [people] get off the couch, march down to their state legislator's house, pull him outside, and beat him to a bloody pulp for being an idiot?"
G

BM OUT

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #18 on: September 09, 2010, 07:53:05 AM »
high-profile conservative blogger Erick Erickson contemplated the beating of politicians: "At what point do [people] get off the couch, march down to their state legislator's house, pull him outside, and beat him to a bloody pulp for being an idiot?"

Did he do it?Muslims actually are bombing shit and killing people.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #19 on: September 09, 2010, 10:58:55 AM »
 :-\

Hundreds of angry Afghans burned an American flag and chanted "Death to the Christians"

"If Quran is burned it would be beginning of destruction of America," read one English-language banner held up by the protesters, who chanted "Down with America!"

Quran burning plan stirs outrage in Muslim world
By AMIR SHAH
Associated Press

KABUL, Afghanistan — Hundreds of angry Afghans burned an American flag and chanted "Death to the Christians" on Thursday to protest plans by a small American church to torch copies of the Muslim holy book on the anniversary of the Sept. 11 terror attacks.

Local officials in Mahmud Raqi, the capital of the Kapisa province some 100 kilometers (60 miles) northeast of Kabul, estimated that up to 4,000 people took part in the protest. But NATO spokesman James Judge said the protest numbered between 500 to 700 people.

"The Afghan national police prevented the protest from overwhelming an Afghan military outpost," and dispersed the demonstration, he told The Associated Press.

Judge added that the Quran burning is "precisely the kind of activity the Taliban uses to fuel their propaganda efforts to reduce support" for coalition forces.

Abdul Hadi Rostaqi, a cleric council in Afghanistan's largely peaceful Balkh province, also said Thursday that, if the burning goes ahead, "a big protest will be held" in the provincial capital Mazar-i-Sharif next Monday. Protesters would hurl stones at NATO-led troops stationed in the city — one of the country's main centers of the Islamic teaching.

Religious and political leaders across the Muslim world, as well as several U.S. officials, have asked the church to call off the plan, warning it would lead to violence against Americans. The Rev. Terry Jones, of the Dove Outreach Center in Gainesville, Florida, has vowed to go ahead with the bonfire on Saturday, even though he has been denied the required permit.

About 200 people marched and burned a U.S. flag in the central Pakistani city of Multan.

"If Quran is burned it would be beginning of destruction of America," read one English-language banner held up by the protesters, who chanted "Down with America!"

Iran's Foreign Minister Manouchehr Mottaki also warned of repercussions, saying the burning would "face reactions by the world's Muslims as well as followers of other religions," according to the official IRNA news agency.

Secretary of State Hillary Rodham Clinton has denounced the planned burning and Gen. David Petraeus, the top U.S. and NATO commander in Afghanistan, has said it could lead to attacks on international troops.

There are also fears of a backlash against Christians in predominantly Muslim countries. Canon Andrew White, the chaplain of an Anglican church in Baghdad, said the Iraqi military had warned him that his church had been threatened.

Security was beefed up around the Church of Virgin Mary in central Baghdad on Thursday, with military vehicles blocking the entrance to the church and more soldiers were deployed to guard it.

http://www.staradvertiser.com/news/breaking/102534784.html

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: September 09, 2010, 03:03:32 PM »

Source? I would like to read more up on this.

George Whorewell

• Getbig V
  • TND
« Reply #21 on: September 09, 2010, 04:42:17 PM »
There are numerous places where this has been cited as fact. Unintentionally, the leftist braindeads at Gallup proudly reached the conclusion in 2007 that radical Islamists only compose 7% of all Muslims. This was used as a pro Muslim propaganda tool for a bit. See, we have nothing to worry about!  Unfortunately, they never bothered to calculate how many people are equal to 7% of 1 billion+.

Since then Pew has conducted surveys and so have a few other places. I'm not going to dig it up for you though. Most recently, Charles Krauthammers editorial on August 28th (which was reprinted in the Daily News and is on my blog) cited the 8% or 80 billion number.

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: September 09, 2010, 04:48:23 PM »
There are numerous places where this has been cited as fact. Unintentionally, the leftist braindeads at Gallup proudly reached the conclusion in 2007 that radical Islamists only compose 7% of all Muslims. This was used as a pro Muslim propaganda tool for a bit. See, we have nothing to worry about!  Unfortunately, they never bothered to calculate how many people are equal to 7% of 1 billion+.

Since then Pew has conducted surveys and so have a few other places. I'm not going to dig it up for you though. Most recently, Charles Krauthammers editorial on August 28th (which was reprinted in the Daily News and is on my blog) cited the 8% or 80 billion number.

Thanks. I will look it up when I have some more time.

garebear

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: September 09, 2010, 05:14:02 PM »
One thing you forgot to mention as to why Muslims commit acts of violence - ninja attacks.

They hate that shit.
G

garebear

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: September 09, 2010, 05:15:19 PM »
Hey, did you guys notice none of the Muslim posters have been around?

Or is it just me?
G