Author Topic: Saints Chosen by NFL to repeat, what a load of ref controlled SHIT  (Read 4549 times)

tallgerman

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
  • I love myself a lot.
Saints Chosen by NFL to repeat, what a load of ref controlled SHIT
« on: September 09, 2010, 07:29:30 PM »
Either mad Offensive line or allowed to hold.
I dunno.
Just drove down and never got to 2nd down against vikings.
sick
No pressure on Brees at all, and no almost interceptions.
Tons of penaties on vikings in key times to help Saints!
Example 2nd & 13 5 yard penalty on viking lineman, when saints flinched.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/boxscore?gameId=300909018

jesusbod

• Getbig IV
  • Bite Me!
Re: Saints Chosen by NFL to repeat, what a load of ref controlled SHIT
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2010, 08:12:42 PM »
Don't hate.... The Saints offense is a well Oiled Machine... You can tell The Vikes have work to do in all aspects of the game.

CT_Muscle

• Getbig IV
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2010, 08:14:47 PM »
YUP REFS callin way too much of this game

myt1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2010, 08:21:02 PM »
YUP REFS callin way too much of this game

The Vikes are beating themselves on top of that though.  As much as I love Favre, I have to say that this would be an entirely different ballgame had he attended training camp to develop timing with his receiving corp.  I'm disappointed in him that he didn't want to get revenge and get to work early when the league announced this as the first game.

CT_Muscle

• Getbig IV
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2010, 08:25:27 PM »
The Vikes are beating themselves on top of that though.  As much as I love Favre, I have to say that this would be an entirely different ballgame had he attended training camp to develop timing with his receiving corp.  I'm disappointed in him that he didn't want to get revenge and get to work early when the league announced this as the first game.

cant disagree, 81 looks great tho

~UN_$ung~

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Been real, been nice...but it hasnt been Real Nice
« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2010, 08:25:49 PM »

i was gonna say that..............i mean, i agree the NFL is corrupt, adn basically chose to give new orleans a superbowl............... ..but if brett farve didnt act like a needy baby and show up literally a few days before the season started......perhaps the offense might be a more cohesive unit

K-1

• Getbig IV
  • TEAM NO MERCY!!!
« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2010, 08:26:17 PM »
game should have been a blowout imo.

You viking fans are getting annoying with all the excuses. Good lord.

myt1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2010, 08:44:00 PM »
game should have been a blowout imo.

You viking fans are getting annoying with all the excuses. Good lord.

You're right the Vikes shoulda blown them out.  Played like shit (for them) on D and held the Saints to 300 yards.  Considering they probably wanted to hold off a little since they assume they will play them again for a super bowl trip, and that they had NO TIMING on offense the Saints lucked out tonight.  This game will light a fire under Favre's ass and make him realize he owes the team for this loss. 

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #8 on: September 09, 2010, 08:45:19 PM »
good comments.  saints did get lucky... favre should have been back sooner... and yeah, they are gonna giftwrap another SB win for the saints if they can.

myt1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #9 on: September 09, 2010, 08:56:16 PM »
good comments.  saints did get lucky... favre should have been back sooner... and yeah, they are gonna giftwrap another SB win for the saints if they can.

Well, if push comes to shove, I'd rather see that then Rapelisberger and the Lombardi Stealers get a third gift at the end of the season.  I've never seen two games so blatantly called in favor of a team as their last two super bowl appearances.  I refuse to say victories since all they did was appear to obtain the title.  Big Ben musta cornered a couple refs in a dark bathroom at the end of the hall  b4 the games with little ben in hand and a threatening disposition :(

noworries

• Getbig V
  • Train Heavy or Go Home
« Reply #10 on: September 09, 2010, 10:46:35 PM »
some website for bad ref calls

refereewatchdogs.com
No Worries 4 me

Royalty

• Getbig V
  • Mentzer is Alive
« Reply #11 on: September 10, 2010, 07:24:56 AM »
How would the NFL benefit by "gift wrapping" a superbowl for tbe Saints?

Why would the commisioner care? I mean their running back has single handedly put his former college team in tons of trouble... And he hasnt even been playing that great as a pro.

Shockey is not exactly a role model either

drew brees is great though.

But why would the NFL benefit from the Saints winning the superbowl? Why not the cowboys, colts, or patriots?

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
  • Call the vet, cause these pythons are sick!
« Reply #12 on: September 10, 2010, 07:27:33 AM »

Why would the commisioner care? I mean there running back has single handedly put his former college team in tons of trouble... And he hasnt even been playing that great as a pro.

But why would the NFL benefit from the Saints winning the superbowl? Why not the cowboys, colts, or patriots?

Because of the "feel good story" factor that they have not quit babbling about since the Saints return when they had Greenday sing a freakin' songg abou them to open the game vs Atlanta.....

jtsunami

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • I support Bigbobs
« Reply #13 on: September 10, 2010, 07:35:04 AM »
brett really needs to take his social security and retire already, the guy has a complete head of grey hair, and was on his way to his grandson or granddaughter's christening or something after the game.  If he grew his hair out and grew a beard he would look like a senior citizen.  Dude needs to move out of the way for the new younger generation of players, he is old and fragile, move to a retirement home and get it over with!
TEAM Nasser

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
« Reply #14 on: September 10, 2010, 08:02:45 AM »
Why are the Vikes surprised they lost? This is what happens when your QB shows up a week before the season starts and hasn't had enough time to get the rust off and rebuild the chemistry with his receivers. Not having Rice is going to hurt them as well.

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #15 on: September 10, 2010, 08:15:05 AM »
Why are the Vikes surprised they lost? This is what happens when your QB shows up a week before the season starts and hasn't had enough time to get the rust off and rebuild the chemistry with his receivers. Not having Rice is going to hurt them as well.

Though the Vike's TE is pretty damn good :-\

CC973

• Getbig III
« Reply #16 on: September 10, 2010, 08:16:31 AM »
dallas will win the nfc this year.

MB

• Getbig IV
« Reply #17 on: September 10, 2010, 08:20:02 AM »
The Saints are good, but I don't think their defense is good enough to repeat.  Favre looks like he's going through the motions this year.  I don't think he really wanted to play. 

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
  • Disdain/repugnance....Version 3: glare variation B
« Reply #18 on: September 10, 2010, 08:45:34 AM »
who cares about these assholes.....the JETS are what's up this year  8)

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #19 on: September 10, 2010, 08:55:12 AM »

Why would the commisioner care? I mean their running back has single handedly put his former college team in tons of trouble... And he hasnt even been playing that great as a pro.

One thing they keep forgetting about the Saints is....THE DIVISION IN WHICH THEY PLAY: The NFC South.

Specifically, no team has ever repeated as NFC South Champions. The team that has won the division one year has FAILED to make the playoffs the next year. To top it all off, 6 out of 7 years, the team that placed LAST one season won the division the next season.

The Saints did it twice (last, 2005: 3-13; first 2006: 10-6; last 2008: 8-8; first 2009: 13-3). But, so has MY team, the BUCS (last, 2004: 5-11; first, 2005: 11-5; last, 2006: 4-12; first, 2007: 9-7).

And, if that weren't enough of an omen, let's not forget that, over the last 10 seasons, 4 teams that won the Super Bowl didn't make the playoffs the next year: New England, Pittsburgh (twice), and (unfortunately for me) Tampa Bay.

So, the Saints repeating is not likely. If they can do it, they will have truly accomplished something almost unfathomable.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #20 on: September 10, 2010, 09:01:24 AM »

That's also why shortening the pre-season is a dumb idea. You need time and reps to get sharp for the regular season. Plus, guys are fighting for jobs. You can't make the determination in just two games. I doubt any player can just roll in for two games and just pick up where he left off at the end of the previous season, let alone someone older and fighting nagging injuries like Favre.

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
  • Call the vet, cause these pythons are sick!
« Reply #21 on: September 10, 2010, 10:07:45 AM »
Rice being out was the biggest reason the Vikings didn't win.  Berrian looked awful, Harvin disappeared.....AP and Shiancothe (sp) are the only real weapons on offense. 

myt1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #22 on: September 10, 2010, 11:25:01 AM »
brett really needs to take his social security and retire already, the guy has a complete head of grey hair, and was on his way to his grandson or granddaughter's christening or something after the game.  If he grew his hair out and grew a beard he would look like a senior citizen.  Dude needs to move out of the way for the new younger generation of players, he is old and fragile, move to a retirement home and get it over with!

You're a fucking dummy.  300+ consecutive starts = fragile huh?  Every other NFL player in history should be so lucky to be that weak

He had a better season statistically than his mvp years, and he should make way for the younger guys that couldn't hold his jockstrap while he is nearly twice their age?  Alrighty then.   ???

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
  • Disdain/repugnance....Version 3: glare variation B
« Reply #23 on: September 10, 2010, 11:29:50 AM »
You're a fucking dummy.  300+ consecutive starts = fragile huh?  Every other NFL player in history should be so lucky to be that weak

He had a better season statistically than his mvp years, and he should make way for the younger guys that couldn't hold his jockstrap while he is nearly twice their age?  Alrighty then.   ???

Vikings aren't gonna do shit this year

myt1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #24 on: September 10, 2010, 11:36:08 AM »
Vikings aren't gonna do shit this year

Who's your pick to be in the super bowl and to win?