Author Topic: "If synagogue, Hindu temple okay at ground zero, why not mosque?" - Obama  (Read 2476 times)

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
"If synagogue, Hindu temple okay at ground zero, why not mosque?" - Obama
PTI ^ | Sep 10, 2010. | PTI

Posted on Friday, September 10, 2010 6:09:19 PM by James C. Bennett

________________________ ________________________ _____________________

WASHINGTON: On the eve of the ninth anniversary of the 9/11 terror attacks, President Barack Obama on Friday strongly defended the building of a mosque near Ground Zero, saying that if one can build a Hindu temple then why not a mosque.

"With respect to the mosque in New York, I've been pretty clear on my position here," Obama said when asked about the controversy surrounding the construction of a mosque near the Ground Zero in the New York city.

He said the US believes in the inalienable right to allow its citizens to practice their religion freely.

"This country stands for the proposition that all men and women are created equal, that they have certain inalienable rights; one of those inalienable rights is to practice their religion freely," he argued ahead of the ninth anniversary of the September 11 terror attacks that killed nearly 300 people.

"And what that means is that if you could build a church on a site, you could build a synagogue on a site, if you could build a Hindu temple on a site, then you should be able to build a mosque on the site," Obama said.

He also remembered the victims of the 9/11 attacks and their families who continue to live with a sense of loss.

"I recognize the extraordinary sensitivities around 9/11. I've met with families of 9/11 victims in the past.I can only imagine the continuing pain and anguish and sense of loss that they may go through," he said

"And tomorrow, we as Americans are going to be joining them in prayer and remembrance," Obama said.

Most Americans have opposed construction of the planned mosque near Ground Zero, according to the Washington Post- ABC News poll.

Most Americans say the planned Muslim community centre and place of worship should not be built in Lower Manhattan, near the site of the Twin Towers which were blown up by al Qaeda terrorists on September 11, 2001.

Two-thirds of those polled object to the mosque near Ground Zero while a slim majority expresses strongly negative views.

As many as 82 per cent of those who oppose the construction say it's because of the location, although 14 per cent (nine per cent of all Americans) say they would oppose such building anywhere in the country.

________________________ ________________________ ________________________ _

What an idiot. 

Who voted for this traitor? 

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
Re: "If synagogue, Hindu temple okay at ground zero, why not mosque?" - Obama
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2010, 03:39:13 PM »
Last I checked it wasn't Hindus, Jews or Christians that killed 3,000 American citizens at that spot. This guy just sticks his foot in his mouth every time he opens it these days. ::)

What a divisive scumbag. Maybe he should stand in solidarity with the 71% of Americans that want this disgusting abomination moved.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2010, 03:51:03 PM »
Last I checked it wasn't Hindus, Jews or Christians that killed 3,000 American citizens at that spot. This guy just sticks his foot in his mouth every time he opens it these days. ::)

What a divisive scumbag. Maybe he should stand in solidarity with the 71% of Americans that want this disgusting abomination moved.

This is what Obama does - gives a cheap, empty throwaway line to show he has some feelings with the nation, but then goes on and on and in favor the mosque, etc etc. 

It shows where his loyalties are.  He could easliy say "Its legal, but its wrong and innapproriate".   

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
  • Call the vet, cause these pythons are sick!
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2010, 05:05:04 PM »
This guys purported intelligence diminishes daily........what an f'n toolbag.

2ND COMING

• Getbig V
  • Might is right.
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2010, 06:17:55 PM »
uhh, WHAT?

boonasty

• Getbig IV
  • are you a famous getbigger? click on the globe!
« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2010, 07:02:43 PM »

"And what that means is that if you could build a church on a site, you could build a synagogue on a site, if you could build a Hindu temple on a site, then you should be able to build a mosque on the site," Obama said.

WTF does this guy have any common sense whatsoever?

mass 04

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2010, 07:04:02 PM »
He can't be this stupid...I assume this wasn't from a teleprompter.

boonasty

• Getbig IV
  • are you a famous getbigger? click on the globe!
« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2010, 07:04:32 PM »

"I recognize the extraordinary sensitivities around 9/11. I've met with families of 9/11 victims in the past.I can only imagine the continuing pain and anguish and sense of loss that they may go through," he said

"And tomorrow, we as Americans are going to be joining them in prayer and remembrance," Obama said.

\

has this guy ever said he is sorry this happened?  like he is sorry about America on his apology tours?

i don't know. has he?  link?

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: September 10, 2010, 08:30:12 PM »
He can't be this stupid...I assume this wasn't from a teleprompter.

Yes, he is this stupid. 

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: September 10, 2010, 08:47:10 PM »
 :D

Cy Tolliver

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #10 on: September 11, 2010, 01:02:10 AM »
what about the fact that they were people that have brown hair that bombed the tradecenter should we not let people with brown hair come to the site of 911

or what about that they come from the middle east should we just not let middle easterners around the site

or what about the fact that they were saudis maybe no saudiis around the site

maybe we should just say non christians breed this kind fo thing and only let christians around the site

???
TEAM LAURA LEE!

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: September 11, 2010, 04:47:24 AM »
what about the fact that they were people that have brown hair that bombed the tradecenter should we not let people with brown hair come to the site of 911

or what about that they come from the middle east should we just not let middle easterners around the site

or what about the fact that they were saudis maybe no saudiis around the site

maybe we should just say non christians breed this kind fo thing and only let christians around the site

???

I didnt know that the GZ was attacked in the name of brunnettes. 

Cy Tolliver

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #12 on: September 11, 2010, 05:37:54 PM »
I didnt know that the GZ was attacked in the name of brunnettes. 

there now the spokes people for islam? i could attack you in the name of walmart, would that mean walmart was evil?
TEAM LAURA LEE!

Kazan

• Getbig V
  • Sic vis pacem, parabellum
« Reply #13 on: September 11, 2010, 06:35:42 PM »
I wasn't aware Walmart was an oppressive relgion ::), but thanks for playing
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Cy Tolliver

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #14 on: September 11, 2010, 06:55:30 PM »

islam is now an oppressive relgion?

ok dumb fuck

lolololololoo0loool
TEAM LAURA LEE!

Kazan

• Getbig V
  • Sic vis pacem, parabellum
« Reply #15 on: September 11, 2010, 06:57:30 PM »

ok dumb fuck

lolololololoo0loool

You calling me dumb, now that's funny
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Arnold jr

• Getbig V
  • fleshandiron.com
« Reply #16 on: September 11, 2010, 08:30:03 PM »

ok dumb fuck

lolololololoo0loool

*A husband has sex with his wife, as a plow goes into a dirt field.

The Quran in Sura (Chapter) 2:223 "Your women are your fields, so go into your fields whichever way you like"

*A woman’s testimony counts half of a man’s testimony.

The Quran in Sura 2:282 "And let two men from among you bear witness to all such documents [contracts of loans without interest]. But if two men be not available, there should be one man and two women to bear witness so that if one of the women forgets (anything), the other may remind her"

*Slave-girls are sexual property for their male owners.

The Quran in Sura 4:24 "And forbidden to you are wedded wives of other people except those who have fallen in your hands"

*Husbands may hit their wives even if the husbands merely fear highhandedness in their wives (quite apart from whether they actually are highhanded—as if domestic violence in any form is acceptable).

The Quran in Sura 4:34 "If you fear highhandedness from your wives, remind them [of the teaching of God], then ignore them when you go to bed, then hit them. If they obey you, you have no right to act against them. God is most high and great."

*Mature men are allowed to marry prepubescent girls.

The Quran in Sura 65:1, "O Prophet, when you (and the believers) divorce women, divorce them for their prescribed waiting-period and count the waiting-period accurately . . . 4 And if you are in doubt about those of your women who have despaired of menstruation, (you should know that) their waiting period is three months, and the same applies to those who have not menstruated as yet. As for pregnant women, their period ends when they have delivered their burden."

Yeah, you're right, not suppressive at all.

Cy Tolliver

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #17 on: September 11, 2010, 09:26:51 PM »

*A husband has sex with his wife, as a plow goes into a dirt field.

The Quran in Sura (Chapter) 2:223 "Your women are your fields, so go into your fields whichever way you like"

*A woman’s testimony counts half of a man’s testimony.

The Quran in Sura 2:282 "And let two men from among you bear witness to all such documents [contracts of loans without interest]. But if two men be not available, there should be one man and two women to bear witness so that if one of the women forgets (anything), the other may remind her"

*Slave-girls are sexual property for their male owners.

The Quran in Sura 4:24 "And forbidden to you are wedded wives of other people except those who have fallen in your hands"

*Husbands may hit their wives even if the husbands merely fear highhandedness in their wives (quite apart from whether they actually are highhanded—as if domestic violence in any form is acceptable).

The Quran in Sura 4:34 "If you fear highhandedness from your wives, remind them [of the teaching of God], then ignore them when you go to bed, then hit them. If they obey you, you have no right to act against them. God is most high and great."

*Mature men are allowed to marry prepubescent girls.

The Quran in Sura 65:1, "O Prophet, when you (and the believers) divorce women, divorce them for their prescribed waiting-period and count the waiting-period accurately . . . 4 And if you are in doubt about those of your women who have despaired of menstruation, (you should know that) their waiting period is three months, and the same applies to those who have not menstruated as yet. As for pregnant women, their period ends when they have delivered their burden."

Yeah, you're right, not suppressive at all.

you cant find the bizarre verses in our own bible?
TEAM LAURA LEE!

Arnold jr

• Getbig V
  • fleshandiron.com
« Reply #18 on: September 11, 2010, 09:53:04 PM »
you cant find the bizarre verses in our own bible?

You want find a verse that says it's OK to rape or hit your wife, you want find a verse that says it's OK to have a relationship with a 7yr old girl. You want find a verse that says a man can divorce his wife simply by saying "Divorce" 3 times in a row to his wife.

Here's the thing, Islam is not merely a religion, it is also a political and social entity. Islam, as a religion, has a political agenda as well as social. Some who call themselves Muslims, especially here in the states, they have no clue as to what they're really becoming a part of.

powerpack

• Getbig IV
  • Time to get Buck wild!
« Reply #19 on: September 11, 2010, 09:56:08 PM »
You want find a verse that says it's OK to rape or hit your wife, you want find a verse that says it's OK to have a relationship with a 7yr old girl. You want find a verse that says a man can divorce his wife simply by saying "Divorce" 3 times in a row to his wife.

Here's the thing, Islam is not merely a religion, it is also a political and social entity. Islam, as a religion, has a political agenda as well as social. Some who call themselves Muslims, especially here in the states, they have no clue as to what they're really becoming a part of.
So true

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: September 12, 2010, 06:22:36 AM »

ok dumb fuck

lolololololoo0loool

Oh dear god are you blind. 

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #21 on: September 13, 2010, 03:24:57 AM »

Maybe you should check again?  ;)

http://www.getbig.com/boards/index.php?topic=346447.0
w

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: September 13, 2010, 03:30:33 AM »
there now the spokes people for islam? i could attack you in the name of walmart, would that mean walmart was evil?

I attack you in the name of WalMart?! LOL! Now how exactly would that work?
I mean... is that where you go stamping little yellow happy faces on people?
...or is that where you just accost them while wearing a blue vest, as soon as they walk through the door?    :D
w

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: September 13, 2010, 03:40:47 AM »

The only people with the right to claim Islam (or any religion) as being oppressive, are the followers of that religion.

Neither Seventh Day Adventists, nor Mormons are permitted to drink coffee, tea, alcohol, or even dance.
In my books... that's pretty damned oppressive, ...but it's none of my business cause I'm not Mormon.
If their inability to dance doesn't impact my life, and they are happy not dancing... it's not up to me to insist they change and start drinking coffee, tea, alcohol or dance. It's just not my place. Live and let live.
w

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
« Reply #24 on: September 13, 2010, 04:29:29 AM »
Maybe you should check again?  ;)

http://www.getbig.com/boards/index.php?topic=346447.0

Maybe you should stick to pushing your CTs on your Samson account, you uneducated, googly-eyed, snake-oil peddling con artist? ";)"  ::)

The only people with the right to claim Islam (or any religion) as being oppressive, are the followers of that religion.

No.

A statement like that is pretty funny considering it's coming from you, a woman who has no qualms with condemning Christians at every opportunity. Hypocritical, googly-eyed c*nt.