Author Topic: Mike Shaw has passed away...  (Read 1498 times)

Playboy

• Getbig V
  • If the bar ain't bending, you're just pretending
Mike Shaw has passed away...
« on: September 13, 2010, 10:36:58 AM »
Slam! Wrestling is reporting that Mike Shaw, who was known in the wrestling world under various names, including Makhan Singh, Norman the Lunatic and Bastion Booger, and Klondike Mike, died of a heart attack on Saturday. He was 53.

Over the last number of years, Shaw was only loosely associated with the wrestling business, making the occasional appearance at fan fests under his different gimmicks.

We send our condolences to the family and friends of Mike Shaw.

Montague

• Getbig V
  • The black degelation does not know this nig - V.G.
Re: Mike Shaw has passed away...
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2010, 11:53:30 AM »
R.I.P.
Sorry to hear.

On a semi-serious note, he died of a heart attack.
Hmm...
Heart attack is a term often associated with wrestlers who "die young."

Does this mean that WWE will now remove his name from their alumni page?

Playboy

• Getbig V
  • If the bar ain't bending, you're just pretending
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2010, 12:23:57 PM »
Nah, they'll blame it on "steroids"  ::) Even though he was a fatso that never touched a weight in his life.

Montague

• Getbig V
  • The black degelation does not know this nig - V.G.
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2010, 04:59:17 AM »
Jim Ross on Mike Shaw's passing:

credit: JRsBarBQ.com

"I do remember speaking by phone with Stu Hart, an experience in its self, about Mike. Stu gave Mike a stellar reference and told me that Mike was loyal, hard working, reliable and a talented, athletic big man. All those things were true. Mike was also a superb conversationalist and might have made a great sports talk radio host. He was a major fan of many sports and was quite the athlete in high school in multiple sports."

"Plus he was excellent at providing entertaining and provocative sound bytes. Bastion Booger was likely Mike's most memorable role of which he portrayed in WWE in the 90's. Mike never embraced that particular persona but he had moderate success with it and was never a problem to deal with in WWE and was, as Stu Hart told me years prior, no problem with which to work."