Author Topic: Senate defeats plan to strip 1099 filing requirement from ObamaCare - FFUUBBO!!!  (Read 2955 times)

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
Senate defeats plan to strip filing requirement from health law
By Alexander Bolton - 09/14/10 12:47 PM ET
www.thehill.com

________________________ ________________________ ____

The Senate on Tuesday defeated an effort to strip a controversial tax-reporting provision from the sweeping healthcare law Congress passed earlier this year.

Lawmakers voted 46 to 52 to block an amendment sponsored by Sen. Mike Johanns (R-Neb.) that would have saved businesses and nonprofit groups from having to report an array of small and medium-sized purchases to the Internal Revenue Service.

A handful of Democrats voted for the Johanns proposal, including Sens. Evan Bayh (Ind.), Michael Bennet (Colo.), Blanche Lincoln (Ark.), Ben Nelson (Neb.), Mark Pryor (Ark.), Mark Warner (Va.), and Jim Webb (Va.).

The vote puts the Senate on track to pass small-business assistance legislation this week or early next week.

The U.S. Chamber of Commerce and other business groups had lobbied furiously in favor of the Johanns amendment. Business groups argue the new requirements impose a heavy cost on small businesses and will harm the economy.

The provision, which is estimated to raise $17 billion over 10 years to pay for a new prevention and public healthcare fund, requires businesses and other groups to file 1099 tax forms to report purchases from a single supplier that total more than $600 in a year.

Senators also blocked an alternative to Johann’s amendment sponsored by Sen. Bill Nelson (D-Fla.). Nelson’s proposal would have increased the reporting threshold to $5,000 and eliminated the requirement for businesses with fewer than 25 employees.

Nelson’s amendment failed by a vote of 56 to 42, four votes short of the 60 needed to cut off debate.

Republicans expressed concerns over the Nelson alternative because it would have been paid for by repealing a tax break for large oil-and-gas producers.

Senate Republicans said they were not surprised the Johanns amendment did not attract more votes, citing staunch opposition from President Obama.

"The White House does not want to set the precedent of rewriting the

________________________ __________

Unreal.  Every democrat still supporting ObamaCare and this communist regime needs to off themselves for the good fo the nation. 

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
The provision, which is estimated to raise $17 billion over 10 years to pay for a new prevention and public healthcare fund, requires businesses and other groups to file 1099 tax forms to report purchases from a single supplier that total more than $600 in a year.

________________________ ____________

Do you guys have any freaking clue how burdensome this is to small businesses? 

I swear, whoever supports Obama at this point truly must want our nation to collapse. 

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage

________________________ ____________

Do you guys have any freaking clue how burdensome this is to small businesses? 

I swear, whoever supports Obama at this point truly must want our nation to collapse. 

How did Straw Man put it? When stupid people don't know that they're stupid?  :D

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
How did Straw Man put it? When stupid people don't know that they're stupid?  :D

Yeah, some garbage like that. 

This is truly disgusting and going to cost me at least a few hundred dollars more a year with the accountant. 

Unreal - do I need to send a 1099 to Sprint for my Cell Phone bill? 

I have to send a 1099 to the copy machine company?  Staples?  Office Max? Best Buy? 

dario73

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
LOL.

This is the side effect of the garbage legislation known as Obamacare. Obamacare is supposed to put more money back in the citizen's pocket because it was promoted as being more affordable. We know that is not true. It will result in higher premiums. Now we see that not only will the American citizen pay more in insurance, but they may have to do it while being under employed or unemployed. If this assault continues on American businesses, the unemployment rate will never improve.

Just one more reason why it needs to be repealed.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
Again - this is an example how utterly clueless and stupid people are who supported ObamaCare.  And Yes Straw - that includes you. 

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
I bet you can find some accountants who donated heavily to some Dem. House Member to put this in there. 

Follow the money. 

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
Let's see the spin by the kneepadding idiots pull on this one. 

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
BUMP for 240, blacken, mons, benny, Straw, Andre, Al Doggity, War Horse, KC, etc.   

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
Bump for 240. 

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Bump for 240. 

???

I haven't done anything but skim the article, but I'll agree it's horseshit based upon your better understanding of the healthcare bill than I possess.

Arnold jr

• Getbig V
  • fleshandiron.com
But I thought the health care bill was supposed to open the door to heaven for us all? I thought Obama was the one who was going to fix the world and put ice cream in my hands every day? I'm so confused. ::)

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
But I thought the health care bill was supposed to open the door to heaven for us all? I thought Obama was the one who was going to fix the world and put ice cream in my hands every day? I'm so confused. ::)

ObamaCare was always nothing more than a trojan horse to usher in all sorts of economy killing nonsense, ON PURPOSE. 

Arnold jr

• Getbig V
  • fleshandiron.com
ObamaCare was always nothing more than a trojan horse to usher in all sorts of economy killing nonsense, ON PURPOSE. 

Oh yeah, I realize that, my comments were very sarcastic. The "Nice" thing about the health care bill is you can put anything under it, you can put anything you want into the realm of health, which IMO is what truly makes this thing so horrible.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
Where is straw man, blacken, mons, benny, and all the others who supported obamacare?

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
BUMP

Do you guys have any clue how bad this is to business? 

Maybe some of you dolts who supported Obama can now understand why we consider him the worst disgusting POFS commie traitor ever to sit in that office.

He is literally desrtoying jobs day by day by day with this crap. 

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
Democrat vows to repeal 1099 filing rule from healthcare law
By Mike Lillis - 11/12/10 03:37 PM ET

________________________ ________________________ ___________

A leading Senate Democrat vowed Friday to introduce legislation killing a part of the new healthcare reform law that imposes new tax-filing requirements on small businesses.

Sen. Max Baucus (D-Mont.), chairman of the Finance Committee and a leading architect of the reform law, said a provision requiring businesses to report more purchases to the IRS will impose undue paperwork burdens on companies amid an economic downturn when they can least afford it.

Baucus, who had pushed legislation scaling back the requirement earlier in the year, now wants it repealed in full.

“I have heard small businesses loud and clear and I am responding to their concerns," Baucus said in a statement. "Small businesses are the backbone of our economy in my home state of Montana and across the country, and they need to focus their efforts on creating good-paying jobs — not filing paperwork."

Since the midterm election, Democrats have signaled a willingness to change the provision.

House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) said Friday that the 1099 requirement is one of the rare provisions of the healthcare law where the two parties agree that a change is needed.

"That's probably the first place we could go together," she told NPR's "Morning Edition."

Last week, President Obama also conceded that the filing provision threatens to put too much strain on businesses.

"The 1099 provision in the healthcare bill appears to be too burdensome for small businesses," Obama said at a White House news conference the day after Democrats were trounced in midterm elections. "It just involves too much paperwork, too much filing. It's probably counterproductive."

Beginning in 2012, the Democrats’ new healthcare reform bill requires businesses to file 1099 forms with the IRS when goods purchased from another business, even corporations, exceed $600 in a year. That's more burdensome than previous law, under which the reporting requirement related only to services from non-incorporated businesses in excess of $600.

The provision is not a new tax, but is designed to force businesses to comply with existing tax laws. The Congressional Budget Office estimates the change will generate roughly $17 billion over 10 years.

Behind the U.S. Chamber of Commerce and the National Federation of Independent Business, the nation's businesses have slammed the provision as a job-killer.

In September, the Senate shot down two separate bills addressing the requirement. The first, sponsored by Sen. Mike Johanns (R-Neb.), would have repealed the provision altogether, paying the tab by eliminating billions of dollars in preventive healthcare funds included in the reform law.

The second, sponsored by Sen. Bill Nelson (D-Fla.), would have scaled back the requirement by repealing the new filing requirement for all businesses with fewer than 25 employees, and hiking the reporting threshold for large businesses.

The Democrats’ bill, offset by killing a tax break for the nation's oil giants, was also shot down.

Baucus’s office did not immediately respond to requests for comment about the forthcoming legislation.

Source:
http://thehill.com/blogs/healthwatch/health-reform-implementation/128971-baucus-vows-effort-to-repeal-1099-filing-requirement-

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
BUMP