Author Topic: Federal Judge says he's likely to allow ObamaCare to go on trial.  (Read 272 times)

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
States' suit on Obama health plan may go to trial
www.yahoo.com

________________________ ___________________

PENSACOLA, Fla. – A federal judge says he likely will let go to trial portions of a lawsuit by Florida and 19 other states challenging the president's health care overhaul as unconstitutional.

But U.S. District Judge Roger Vinson said at a Tuesday hearing in Pensacola that he expects to dismiss other parts.

Vinson didn't specify which parts of the lawsuit likely will go to trial but said he will issue a ruling by Oct. 14.

The states and the administration disagree over sections of the law that will require people to have health insurance or face tax penalties. They also disagree over whether states should pay additional Medicaid costs not covered by the federal government.

The lawsuit is likely to wind up before the U.S. Supreme Court.

THIS IS A BREAKING NEWS UPDATE. Check back soon for further information. AP's earlier story is below.

PENSACOLA, Fla. (AP) — The Obama administration hopes a federal judge in Florida will toss a lawsuit by that state and 19 others claiming the president's health care overhaul is unconstitutional.

U.S. District Judge Roger Vinson will hold a hearing in the case Tuesday morning in Pensacola.

The states and the government disagree over sections of the law that will require people to have health insurance or face tax penalties. They also disagree over whether states should pay additional Medicaid costs not covered by the federal government.

The lawsuit is likely to wind up before the U.S. Supreme Court.

Florida's Republican Attorney General Bill McCollum filed the lawsuit just minutes after President Barack Obama signed the health care bill into law.

________________________ _______________

Good, i hope this whole mess gets tossed and the the communist Obama gets slapped in the face over this. 

FUBO! 

BM OUT

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Re: Federal Judge says he's likely to allow ObamaCare to go on trial.
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2010, 01:04:21 PM »
Thats odd.I thought once people found out about this bill they would love it!!

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2010, 01:06:42 PM »
Thats odd.I thought once people found out about this bill they would love it!!

Not me! 

My premiums skyrocketed last month and now I learn today that Commie-in-chief and the fellow traveling marxists are going to cause me to spend hundreds of more dollars with the accountant due to the 1099 reporting requirement. 

Billy, I'm serious, if AF1 goes down with Obama in it while him on his way to a party or gold trip, I could care less at this point. 

He is not my president.  He is a disgusting traitor and communist. 

Arnold jr

• Getbig V
  • fleshandiron.com
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2010, 01:55:51 PM »
I honestly don't see how this bill won't be overturned in the end. I've yet to hear one good argument that gives this bill any solid constitutional ground to stand on.