Author Topic: Iranians chant, "US Pastor must be killed". LOL tolerance!  (Read 973 times)

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
Iranians chant, "US Pastor must be killed". LOL tolerance!
« on: September 14, 2010, 01:02:16 PM »
Ayatollah Speaks of Plot to Abuse Koran
By ROBERT F. WORTH
Published: September 13, 2010

DAMASCUS, Syria — Iran’s supreme leader, Ayatollah Ali Khamenei, delivered a fiery address on Monday accusing the United States government of orchestrating desecrations of the Koran by right-wing American Christian groups last weekend, Iranian state news agencies reported.
Enlarge This Image

Abedin Taherkenareh/European Pressphoto Agency
Women holding Korans demonstrated in Tehran on Monday at the Swiss Embassy, which handles American interests in Iran.
The speech appeared to be part of an effort by Iran’s hard-line leaders to amplify Muslim outrage over scattered gestures to burn or tear pages of the Koran, in the wake of the threat — later withdrawn — by Terry Jones, a Florida pastor, to burn the Koran on the anniversary of the Sept. 11 terrorist attacks.

In Tehran, about 1,000 protesters chanting “Death to America” and “U.S. pastor must be killed” clashed with the police and threw stones at the Swiss Embassy, Reuters reported. The Swiss have handled American interests in Iran ever since the United States severed diplomatic relations with Tehran after the 1979 Islamic Revolution.

After Iran’s state-owned Press TV ran reports about Koran desecrations in the United States, India blocked local cable operators from broadcasting the station in Indian-controlled Kashmir, where angry anti-American protests have taken place in recent days.

In his speech, Ayatollah Khamenei said “the leaders of the global arrogance” — a code for the United States among Iranian conservatives — had engineered the plot to desecrate the Koran, Press TV and other agencies reported. He added that “Zionist think tanks which hold the most influence in the United States government and its security and military organizations” were also involved.

Ayatollah Khamenei warned people not to believe that isolated right-wing American Christians were to blame, calling them “puppets” of the government. “This incident and previous incidents clearly show that what the global arrogance is attacking today is the foundation of Islam and the Holy Koran,” he said.

Also on Monday, an Iranian official said that the judiciary had opened proceedings against “the leaders of sedition,” a phrase often used to describe the opposition leaders Mir Hussein Moussavi and Mehdi Karroubi, according to Fars News, which has links to Iran’s military.

The official, Naser Seraj, did not provide details, Fars reported. Iranian hard-liners have repeatedly called for the arrest of Mr. Moussavi, Mr. Karroubi and former President Mohammad Khatami, who played leading roles in the protest movement that rocked Iran after last year’s disputed presidential election.

Although the street protests faded earlier this year, Mr. Moussavi and Mr. Karroubi, who were candidates in the 2009 election, have continued to maintain that President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad’s landslide victory was achieved through fraud, and they regularly criticize the government and encourage opposition. Both men have faced increased restrictions recently, and groups of rock-throwing young hard-liners attacked Mr. Karroubi’s house earlier this month as the police stood by.

A version of this article appeared in print on September 14, 2010, on page A6 of the New York edition.

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/09/14/world/middleeast/14iran.html?_r=2

"This incident and previous incidents clearly show that what the global arrogance is attacking today is the foundation of Islam and the Holy Koran." And yet the global arrogance has bent over backwards to make sure that no one got the idea that it is attacking Islam or the Qur'an. Khamenei assumes that the global arrogance is behind Terry Jones because in his country, no Terry Jones-like figure could arise without government backing.

Here again, the American government has a chance to condemn the madness of murdering and threatening murder over someone saying he was going to burn the Qur'an, and to stand for the freedom of expression. But it will once again squander this opportunity.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
Re: Iranians chant, "US Pastor must be killed". LOL tolerance!
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2010, 02:41:36 PM »
Neither peaceful, nor tolerant.  I have been hearing those "death to America" chants from those people for decades. 

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2010, 02:42:19 PM »
i could give a shit what people in syria scream on their streets.  sucks to be them, living in syria and whatnot. If I lived in a POS nation, i'd be screaming on the streets too.

Fury

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2010, 02:44:26 PM »
i could give a shit what people in syria scream on their streets.  sucks to be them, living in syria and whatnot. If I lived in a POS nation, i'd be screaming on the streets too.

Yet you cared enough to make that post. Makes sense. But thanks for your stellar contribution. You seem quite lost when the topic doesn't involve Sarah Palin or making excuses for Obama.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2010, 02:50:31 PM »
Yet you cared enough to make that post. Makes sense. But thanks for your stellar contribution. You seem quite lost when the topic doesn't involve Sarah Palin or making excuses for Obama.

are you saying palin is to blame for all of obama's shortcomings?  seems reasonable, but I dunno.

My point, of course, is that these little whiny bitches in the streets over there are irrelevant.  and if NY Times stops giving them a platform, they'll go away.

Fury

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2010, 02:52:05 PM »
are you saying palin is to blame for all of obama's shortcomings?  seems reasonable, but I dunno.

My point, of course, is that these little whiny bitches in the streets over there are irrelevant.  and if NY Times stops giving them a platform, they'll go away.

;D

Touche.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2010, 03:09:19 PM »
 ;D

ya know i'm not a sympathizer.  I'm all for ISR dropping hardware on those whiners as they protest.  I just don't like using US $ or troops to do it.