Author Topic: the only thing that will save the USA  (Read 4049 times)

disco_stu

• Getbig V
  • I'm a llama!
the only thing that will save the USA
« on: September 17, 2010, 04:57:49 PM »
..is a country wide cultural change...which isnt going to happen quickly- or maybe at all.

citizens need to alter their thinking from a "what makes MY life better" to a "what will make a better society"..mentality.

that means some things will make an individual's life worse, some indirectly worse, some indirectly and directly better.

at the moment all i hear from americans is about how this and that is best for them and if its worse for someone else well then its their problem not mine.

this disaster has been a long time coming. outsiders could see it..greedy american citizens ignored it as long as they were benefiting.

dov

• Getbig IV
Re: the only thing that will save the USA
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2010, 05:03:06 PM »
Well stated. Agreed

disco_stu

• Getbig V
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2010, 05:08:15 PM »
to make it clear- im not saying that only americans are greedy.

what i am saying is that a society that allows greed, breeds greed. freedom is a fine principle but freedom at someone else's expense is ridiculous.

other countries may not be as free as the US, and dont have some of the high flying opportunities, but they have a greater level of equality and hence less desperation and greed.

a place that allows some people to have way too much, and others way too little, is not a workable solution. its a slow motion train wreck.

JOHN MATRIX

• Getbig V
  • the Media is the Problem
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2010, 05:14:56 PM »
other countries may not be as free as the US, and dont have some of the high flying opportunities, but they have a greater level of equality and hence less desperation and greed.

a place that allows some people to have way too much, and others way too little, is not a workable solution. its a slow motion train wreck.

its the nature of our system. do whatever you can to exploit others in order to gain as much for yourself as you can.

Cy Tolliver

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2010, 07:10:54 PM »
to make it clear- im not saying that only americans are greedy.

what i am saying is that a society that allows greed, breeds greed. freedom is a fine principle but freedom at someone else's expense is ridiculous.

thats weird i mostly agree but the problem is too much meddling by th government and too much about equality and lets help this group and that group while letting the middle class of america who supports everyone else get the shaft
TEAM LAURA LEE!

Slapper

• Getbig V
  • Vincit qui se vincit
« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2010, 07:13:58 PM »

It's called the American Dream.

I'm not going to say anything else because I think you are 100% right (IMO).

2ND COMING

• Getbig V
  • Might is right.
« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2010, 07:40:18 PM »
..is a country wide cultural change...which isnt going to happen quickly- or maybe at all.

citizens need to alter their thinking from a "what makes MY life better" to a "what will make a better society"..mentality.

that means some things will make an individual's life worse, some indirectly worse, some indirectly and directly better.

at the moment all i hear from americans is about how this and that is best for them and if its worse for someone else well then its their problem not mine.

this disaster has been a long time coming. outsiders could see it..greedy american citizens ignored it as long as they were benefiting.

for the love of god - SHUT THE FUCK UP!

Slapper

• Getbig V
  • Vincit qui se vincit
« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2010, 07:44:50 PM »
its the nature of our system. do whatever you can to exploit others in order to gain as much for yourself as you can.

This graph pretty much sumarizes what you say:

Somebody's getting paid that increase in productivity and stagnant wages (which are going to someone else)... it sure ain't middle America.

Kazan

• Getbig V
  • Sic vis pacem, parabellum
« Reply #8 on: September 17, 2010, 07:55:14 PM »
for the love of god - SHUT THE FUCK UP!

X2 its always someone has to little, well what are they doing about it? My guess is nothing, so why am I supposed to care? I worked my ass off, going to school and working full time, so that I could provide a better life for me and my family. The only thing that will save the USA is for those that suckle at the government teat, to get off their ass and take responsibility for their station in life.
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: September 17, 2010, 08:22:37 PM »

Somebody's getting paid that increase in productivity and stagnant wages (which are going to someone else)... it sure ain't middle America.
LMAO well seeing as the majority of america has at will work laws then if you dont like it take your happy ass somewhere else and find a job.

Dont sit and bitch about not making enough money for doing a menial job(not that there is anything wrong with that) if you want to make money you need to take steps to assure that you are in the place to make money.

who says ppl have to give you more money just b/c the company makes more money? If you play an integral part in that profit than you should share in it but the factory line/field worker doesnt possess special skills that cant be replaced or have knowledge that allows for the company to turn out profit in 100 different ways.

JOHN MATRIX

• Getbig V
  • the Media is the Problem
« Reply #10 on: September 17, 2010, 10:02:13 PM »

yep...its a system where 1% of the population *earns* more money than the other 99% combined.

the brutal irony is that typically speaking, those who do the necessary, important, real hard work typically *earn* the least amount of money, whilst those who *earn* the most money tend to do the least actual work.

gotta love it.

Arnold jr

• Getbig V
  • fleshandiron.com
« Reply #11 on: September 17, 2010, 10:56:55 PM »
yep...its a system where 1% of the population *earns* more money than the other 99% combined.

the brutal irony is that typically speaking, those who do the necessary, important, real hard work typically *earn* the least amount of money, whilst those who *earn* the most money tend to do the least actual work.

gotta love it.

Those who earn the most typically have earned the right to earn the most.

Look at it this way, you invent a widget, you take out a personal loan in order to produce your widget, you take a risk that is yours and yours alone, you open a factory to produce and sell your widgets. You have guys on the factory line who put the widgets you created together in mass amounts, they pack your widgets and ship your widgets out. Without your idea there is no widget, without your idea there is no job for these factory workers at your widget factory, without your idea and willingness to take a risk there is no widget, no factory, no jobs.

In that story about your widget factory, who does the largest lump of money belong to? You, the creator and inventor of the widget, the one who invested in the widget company at his risk, the head of the widget company, the person who gave jobs to all the widget employees who would be unemployed if it weren't for you, or does that money belong to the guy who loads widget boxes on to the back of a truck all day who has taken no risk nor come up with an idea that is his own...who does the money belong to?

Can you honestly say it doesn't belong to you, the widget owner and risk taker? If you can say that, please give me some good reasons.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #12 on: September 17, 2010, 11:39:10 PM »
Disco your brush is a bit too broad.  There are lots of people and organizations that think about the "greater good."  There are plenty of people who donate to charity, work on saving the environment, do volunteer work, work public interest jobs, etc. 

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #13 on: September 18, 2010, 02:23:11 AM »

Now that's just sad.  :'(
w

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #14 on: September 18, 2010, 02:24:45 AM »

It's called the American Dream.

The only reason it's called "The American Dream" is because you gotta be asleep to believe it! ~~George Carlin  ;D
w

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #15 on: September 18, 2010, 04:44:33 AM »

So who is the genius you want to decide for others how assets and resources are allocated?

George Whorewell

• Getbig V
  • TND
« Reply #16 on: September 18, 2010, 05:48:53 AM »
The "greater good" is for suckers and poor people.

Disco Stu got hooked on the white stuff in the seventies.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #17 on: September 18, 2010, 05:58:24 AM »
The "greater good" is for suckers and poor people.

Disco Stu got hooked on the white stuff in the seventies.

Yeah, if we only modeled ourselves after cuba, on wait, they have health care, oh wait . . .

Lundgren

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Banned
« Reply #18 on: September 18, 2010, 07:57:06 PM »
America needs to make tough choices and it needs its people to agree with the choices that are made. No rhetoric or ideals, a straight up action plan.This crisis is like a cancer, you either gotta  cut the leg off or do chemo. Instead their going to a witch doctor because it's far less painful and completely ineffective.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: September 18, 2010, 08:02:46 PM »
America needs to make tough choices and it needs its people to agree with the choices that are made. No rhetoric or ideals, a straight up action plan.This crisis is like a cancer, you either gotta  cut the leg off or do chemo. Instead their going to a witch doctor because it's far less painful and completely ineffective.
lol break it down for us lundgren...tell us about this crisis...the causes, the reasons its puddered along like it has and how we get out of it?

Lundgren

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Banned
« Reply #20 on: September 18, 2010, 08:05:42 PM »
lol break it down for us lundgren...tell us about this crisis...the causes, the reasons its puddered along like it has and how we get out of it?
Lol I hade import labour suggestion, it has a good premise, but we all know something has to be done, and the usually bearaucy can't get in the way.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: September 18, 2010, 08:12:43 PM »
Lol I hade import labour suggestion, it has a good premise, but we all know something has to be done, and the usually bearaucy can't get in the way.
again will never happen, I would say that imposing some restrictions on business within the US but that wouldnt work either b/c you would be crippling them against other companies without those restrictions...

but please do tell us about the crisis and how it started, why its gone on so long and what we can do...

the problem is most ppl have no idea what caused this and possible ways to get out they just hear stuff on tv and parrot it...politics isnt reality

Lundgren

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Banned
« Reply #22 on: September 18, 2010, 08:23:09 PM »
again will never happen, I would say that imposing some restrictions on business within the US but that wouldnt work either b/c you would be crippling them against other companies without those restrictions...

but please do tell us about the crisis and how it started, why its gone on so long and what we can do...

the problem is most ppl have no idea what caused this and possible ways to get out they just hear stuff on tv and parrot it...politics isnt reality
Over inflated housing markets. Oil prices, America's poor balance of trade, Labour unions getting too much power. China Doubling it's gdp every 10 years, Free trade agreements with mexico. The trans atlantic interreliance. Dereg in banking. Government waste. American's taking on insane amounts of debt, and loads of corruption in banking, The insane amount of debt of the usa. Finally overexpansion of the American dollar.  I'm sure their are 100 other things.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: September 18, 2010, 08:26:20 PM »
Over inflated housing markets. Oil prices, America's poor balance of trade, Labour unions getting too much power. China Doubling it's gdp every 10 years, Free trade agreements with mexico. The trans atlantic interreliance. Dereg in banking. Government waste. American's taking on insane amounts of debt, and loads of corruption in banking, The insane amount of debt of the usa. Finally overexpansion of the American dollar.  I'm sure their are 100 other things.
the specifics, specifics...all of those are talking points not specifics...specifically what caused this crisis?

Lundgren

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Banned
« Reply #24 on: September 18, 2010, 08:29:24 PM »
the specifics, specifics...all of those are talking points not specifics...specifically what caused this crisis?
Sally rendfield on june 23 2006 decided to buy a home that was out of their buggest by 26 points ::)