Author Topic: The answer to america's problems.  (Read 2425 times)

Lundgren

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Banned
The answer to america's problems.
« on: September 18, 2010, 07:03:01 AM »
Alright I'm gona say this and it ain't my political view just the cold fact. Again don't get all emotinal and start name calling.

But am I the only one that thinks greatly increasing immigration is the only way to solve the problems america is facing.  America needs a workforce to support retirment of the babyboomers. You need a cheap labour force to fight china. Finally you need to maintain current housing values.

This isn't a debate it's not my idea it's simply a qestion do you think this'll work or is likely to happen.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
Re: The answer to america's problems.
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2010, 10:47:16 AM »
No.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2010, 11:02:35 AM »
Alright I'm gona say this and it ain't my political view just the cold fact. Again don't get all emotinal and start name calling.

But am I the only one that thinks greatly increasing immigration is the only way to solve the problems america is facing.  America needs a workforce to support retirment of the babyboomers. You need a cheap labour force to fight china. Finally you need to maintain current housing values.

This isn't a debate it's not my idea it's simply a qestion do you think this'll work or is likely to happen.
we have a workforce the problem is we also have alot of regulations that china and india do not have and therefor it is more beneficial to US businesses to move certain parts of business there or other developing countries in order to cut cost and increase profits...you know that whole little goal of any business?

the regs we have in place dont let us compete with china in labor

Skip8282

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2010, 11:22:32 AM »
Probably not, but I think I need to think this one through more thoroughly.  If we're increasing immigration - legally I presume, will that really result in a cheaper labor force to fight China?  It seems to me that if they are here legally, they would want and expect the same pay and benefits of any other citizen.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2010, 11:29:37 AM »
Probably not, but I think I need to think this one through more thoroughly.  If we're increasing immigration - legally I presume, will that really result in a cheaper labor force to fight China?  It seems to me that if they are here legally, they would want and expect the same pay and benefits of any other citizen.
exactly which would mean only that we have even more ppl competing for the same amount of jobs...

which will translate into the employers having more strength not the employees, just like they have now...notice the number of underemployed numbers? thats b/c the employers can do that right now b/c ppl are willing to take that job just to have a job even if they are overqualified.

as long as we have regs and china, india etc dont have similar regs we wont be able to compete with them in terms of labor.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2010, 11:32:37 AM »

O Rly?  Remember our Labor Secretary (I think it was her?) who had a PSA encouraging illegals to call her if they were not being paid a fair wage? 

Skip8282

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2010, 02:24:33 PM »
O Rly?  Remember our Labor Secretary (I think it was her?) who had a PSA encouraging illegals to call her if they were not being paid a fair wage? 

I doubt there are too many illegals trying to get wrapped up in the government process.  In fact, I think it unlikely they had any type of significant return on that.

But I think what Tony said is well put.  Just upping the immigration won't help. 

Lundgren

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Banned
« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2010, 03:43:13 PM »
I was thinking massive increase in guest worker visa's.Anyhow I don't see how we can compete with china when we get paid so much more per hour. Your competing with a billion people who until 1992 weren't able to compete.
No.
Your opinion's and views with be noted, documented and reviewed in the near future, to make sure nothing has been overlooked.  ::)

CARTEL

• Getbig V
  • Have a good time, all the time.
« Reply #8 on: September 18, 2010, 04:16:15 PM »
No. The workforce we keep getting we already have in spades.

Are there any scientists or doctors crossing the border in mass numbers that won't send half their paycheck back home to Mexico?

George Whorewell

• Getbig V
  • TND
« Reply #9 on: September 18, 2010, 04:39:36 PM »
All illegals should be expelled and there should be a freeze on ALL immigration for a minimum of two years. Legal resident aliens and those who are already here that are currently in the process of becoming naturalized can stay. All of those individuals that operate businesses that hire illegals should be hit with mandatory felony charges that carry a minimum penalty of one year in federal lock up even if they are first time offenders. 

To the dim witted douchebag who started this moronic thread-- It's obvious you hate America and have half a brain. Why would anybody take your suggestions for improving this country seriously?

Also, why would increasing immigration in a country with several hundred million people and 10%+ unemployment ( If you count underemployment its closer to 25%) be the answer to solving Americas problems?

That mindless premise is like saying that the cure for mental retardation is spending time with Lundgrenisgod from getbig.com

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #10 on: September 18, 2010, 05:39:11 PM »
At the rate we are sending jobs to mexico, the mexicans will be sneaking back home pretty soon.
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Lundgren

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Banned
« Reply #11 on: September 18, 2010, 07:44:18 PM »
 First off whatever happens to America effects canada. So don't act like I have no interest, in your prosperity. The problem is simple. American wages are to high. In the last decade, China has moblized over 300 million people to compete against american industry. To stay competitive American's must work for less. Problem is they can't work for less because of high housing costs. You can't pay for a 600 k home and cut your wages in half. So the only way these homes can be payed for is by putting more people in these homes. Now if you can suggest what america can export to offset the trade balance I'm all ears. But it'll need cheaper labour costs in automotive, or any industry that's based on labour.
The irony is if the mexicans go home which many are, there gonna be even worst of a housing bubble.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: September 18, 2010, 07:56:51 PM »
First off whatever happens to America effects canada. So don't act like I have no interest, in your prosperity. The problem is simple. American wages are to high. In the last decade, China has moblized over 300 million people to compete against american industry. To stay competitive American's must work for less. Problem is they can't work for less because of high housing costs. You can't pay for a 600 k home and cut your wages in half. So the only way these homes can be payed for is by putting more people in these homes. Now if you can suggest what america can export to offset the trade balance I'm all ears. But it'll need cheaper labour costs in automotive, or any industry that's based on labour.
The irony is if the mexicans go home which many are, there gonna be even worst of a housing bubble.
lmfao, ok first off the average home price is no where near $600,000 the ppl that are working in china are doing jobs that the minimum wage ppl here are doing. Youre not buying a 600k house on minimum wage AGAIN as long as we have regulations that china and india do not it will be hard to compete.

it also has to do with the conversion rate of each currency it its buying power, a strong dollar or a weak yuan or rupee makes us good more expensive to ppl in those countries.

Lundgren

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Banned
« Reply #13 on: September 18, 2010, 08:04:22 PM »
lmfao, ok first off the average home price is no where near $600,000 the ppl that are working in china are doing jobs that the minimum wage ppl here are doing. Youre not buying a 600k house on minimum wage AGAIN as long as we have regulations that china and india do not it will be hard to compete.

it also has to do with the conversion rate of each currency it its buying power, a strong dollar or a weak yuan or rupee makes us good more expensive to ppl in those countries.
Yeah but we can't devalue the dollar as it's in debt to the yuan atleast I thought? ???
Regulation is vague. They have no value for their  workers period. We can't go that far, Making some adjustment, but stuff is tricky. We don't need to criple our workforce like happening in china.

Housing is dependant on the city, and I know many houses now that are selling for 300k were paid 600 k in 2006.

we have to find safe bet goods to produce, and find ways to produce them cheaply. You can't import everying and have nothing to offer in return.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: September 18, 2010, 08:09:25 PM »
Yeah but we can't devalue the dollar as it's in debt to the yuan atleast I thought? ???
Regulation is vague. They have no value for their  workers period. We can't go that far, Making some adjustment, but stuff is tricky. We don't need to criple our workforce like happening in china.

Housing is dependant on the city, and I know many houses now that are selling for 300k were paid 600 k in 2006.

we have to find safe bet goods to produce, and find ways to produce them cheaply. You can't import everying and have nothing to offer in return.
we dont have to devalue the dollar we could try to convince china to let the value of the yuan go to where it wants to go...this might make our products more appealing to consumers...

thats fine but again the ppl youre talking about arent buying 300k houses either

the US is the largest exporter of grain in the world is that safe enough for you?

Lundgren

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Banned
« Reply #15 on: September 18, 2010, 08:27:48 PM »
we dont have to devalue the dollar we could try to convince china to let the value of the yuan go to where it wants to go...this might make our products more appealing to consumers...

thats fine but again the ppl youre talking about arent buying 300k houses either

the US is the largest exporter of grain in the world is that safe enough for you?
Well it's the largest country that isn't subartic so it's no suprise. Why would  china want their goods to become more expensive? Out of friendship ??? There doing everything they can to keep the Yuan where it's at. They got you guys by the balls and they like it like that. There expanding into africa just so their not reliant on exports to northameirca.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: September 18, 2010, 08:29:13 PM »
Your opinion's and views with be noted, documented and reviewed in the near future, to make sure nothing has been overlooked.  ::)

???  Can you translate this?  Have no idea what you're trying to say. 

Lundgren

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Banned
« Reply #17 on: September 18, 2010, 08:30:09 PM »
???  Can you translate this?  Have no idea what you're trying to say. 

Yes ::)

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: September 18, 2010, 08:36:51 PM »
Well it's the largest country that isn't subartic so it's no suprise. Why would  china want their goods to become more expensive? Out of friendship ??? There doing everything they can to keep the Yuan where it's at. They got you guys by the balls and they like it like that. There expanding into africa just so their not reliant on exports to northameirca.
LOL of course they dont want to but they will have to sooner or later and yes out of friendship...lol if thats what you want to call it...

if they dont we will likely impose tariffs on goods imported from china...

it is also along the lines of pegging an exchange rate and if kept up long enough will have disatrous consequences...look up I believe thailand and pegging...again of course the exporters in china dont want to appreciate teh yuan but they will have to sooner or later

Lundgren

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Banned
« Reply #19 on: September 18, 2010, 08:58:45 PM »
LOL of course they dont want to but they will have to sooner or later and yes out of friendship...lol if thats what you want to call it...

if they dont we will likely impose tariffs on goods imported from china...

it is also along the lines of pegging an exchange rate and if kept up long enough will have disatrous consequences...look up I believe thailand and pegging...again of course the exporters in china dont want to appreciate teh yuan but they will have to sooner or later
America needs to fix it's trade deficit remember. If they put tarriffs on china, the rest of the world will do the same to the states. You gotta realize how america has treated it's "friends" in the past. In every country in the world their's bitterness on how america has bulldogged them into the groud. If it's not cia led assansinations, the imf, and world bank, slave lending. It's the fact it don't honour it's own free trade deals. The softwood lumber dispte for starters, and MASSIVE CORN subsidies. That crippled latin america.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: September 18, 2010, 09:03:34 PM »
America needs to fix it's trade deficit remember. If they put tarriffs on china, the rest of the world will do the same to the states. You gotta realize how america has treated it's "friends" in the past. In every country in the world their's bitterness on how america has bulldogged them into the groud. If it's not cia led assansinations, the imf, and world bank, slave lending. It's the fact it don't honour it's own free trade deals. The softwood lumber dispte for starters, and MASSIVE CORN subsidies. That crippled latin america.
LMAO that wont happen...youve been around to much bullshit rhetoric...again politics is not reality

Lundgren

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Banned
« Reply #21 on: September 18, 2010, 09:06:38 PM »
LMAO that wont happen...youve been around to much bullshit rhetoric...again politics is not reality
Dude this isn't rhetoric. You just can't slap tariffs on china with no fall out. It's not even in the realm of possiblities.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: September 18, 2010, 09:09:44 PM »
Dude this isn't rhetoric. You just can't slap tariffs on china with no fall out. It's not even in the realm of possiblities.
LMAO it is rhetoric, no doubt there will be reprecussions but more along the lines of sanctions etc placed on US companies in china no country is going to place tariffs on the US if we place tariffs on china at least none of importance to us financially LOL

Dos Equis

• Getbig V

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #24 on: September 18, 2010, 09:38:53 PM »

I completely agree with that, ...but just because something is what should take place, doesn't mean it is going to take place. Right now, the powers that be have the entire population whipped into a frenzy of anti-hispanic and xenophobic hysteria that welcoming immigrants let alone increasing their numbers is going to be hard to sell.
w