Author Topic: Dad Loses His Cool, Threatens Daughter's Alleged Bullies on Bus  (Read 5405 times)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
Dad Loses His Cool, Threatens Daughter's Alleged Bullies on Bus
« on: September 18, 2010, 10:56:37 AM »
I would give this dad a hug if I saw him.  (No homo.)  If he gets convicted of a crime the governor should pardon him.  Bus driver should be fired for allowing bullying of a mentally disabled kid.  (Click the link for the video.)  

His Raw and Obscene Rage Was Caught on the School bus' Security Camera
By YUNJI DE NIES and SUZANNE YEO
Sept. 17, 2010

Authorities arrested a central Florida father Thursday after he boarded a school bus and reportedly threatened students who were allegedly bullying his daughter.

James Jones' raw and obscene rage was on caught on the school bus' security camera.

He was charged with disorderly conduct and disturbing a school function in Lake Mary, Fla.

The video is blurred but Jones' anger is clear.

"Everybody sit down. Everybody sit down," Jones said on the surveillance tape.

He then orders his 11-year-old daughter to point out her alleged tormenters. "Show me which one. Show me which one," he said.

Jones confronts the middle school students he says have been bullying his daughter who has cerebral palsy by taunting, hitting and even throwing condoms at her.

"I'm gonna (expletive) you up.…this is my daughter, and I will kill the (expletive) who fought her," Jones said.

Jones reportedly threatened not only the students but the bus driver as well.

"If anything happens to my daughter I'm going to (expletive) you up and everybody on this (expletive)," he said.

Before leaving, he dares them to call the police. "You call the police, call them. My brother's the damn deputy sheriff."

School officials contacted the law enforcement authorities and Jones was arrested.

Jones defended his actions after being released on bail. "My daughter is not going to be hazed and beat up and touched on like what they've done, ok," he said. Sadiki Alexander, Jones' attorney, said the father of two was simply trying to protect his child.

"This young lady has been bullied since the first day of school. This is a new school for her. It was an overwhelming experience. She's currently on suicide watch because of this matter. So we would just ask everyone to reserve judgment," Alexander said.

Police are also investigating the alleged bullies -- seventh grade students. They could face charges of their own.  

http://abcnews.go.com/US/dad-loses-cool-threatens-students-bus/story?id=11660119

newmom

Re: Dad Loses His Cool, Threatens Daughter's Alleged Bullies on Bus
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2010, 12:17:46 PM »
I could totally understand his frustration with his daughters situation. BUT, him displaying that violence was not the best way of going about it.

Did he speak to the school and the driver about it?
IMO, if he was concerned, which I'm sure he was, he should of rode on the bus a few times since it was a new school.
Did he try and talk to the parents of the kids, not that it would do any good probably, just saying.

That bus driver should of (no clue if he did or not, but I'm gathering he didn't) notified school officials to get those kids, hitting, and THROWING CONDOMS (WTF are these kids learning at 11 years old, JEEBUS) suspended at least.

Cy Tolliver

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2010, 12:20:47 PM »
I would give this dad a hug if I saw him.

ok baygmb

i think a handshake work just fine
TEAM LAURA LEE!

James

« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2010, 12:21:01 PM »
I would give this dad a hug if I saw him.  (No homo.)  If he gets convicted of a crime the governor should pardon him.  Bus driver should be fired for allowing bullying of a mentally disabled kid.  (Click the link for the video.)  

Sept. 17, 2010

Authorities arrested a central Florida father Thursday after he boarded a school bus and reportedly threatened students who were allegedly bullying his daughter.

James Jones' raw and obscene rage was on caught on the school bus' security camera.

He was charged with disorderly conduct and disturbing a school function in Lake Mary, Fla.

The video is blurred but Jones' anger is clear.

"Everybody sit down. Everybody sit down," Jones said on the surveillance tape.

He then orders his 11-year-old daughter to point out her alleged tormenters. "Show me which one. Show me which one," he said.

Jones confronts the middle school students he says have been bullying his daughter who has cerebral palsy by taunting, hitting and even throwing condoms at her.

"I'm gonna (expletive) you up.…this is my daughter, and I will kill the (expletive) who fought her," Jones said.

Jones reportedly threatened not only the students but the bus driver as well.

"If anything happens to my daughter I'm going to (expletive) you up and everybody on this (expletive)," he said.

Before leaving, he dares them to call the police. "You call the police, call them. My brother's the damn deputy sheriff."

School officials contacted the law enforcement authorities and Jones was arrested.

Jones defended his actions after being released on bail. "My daughter is not going to be hazed and beat up and touched on like what they've done, ok," he said. Sadiki Alexander, Jones' attorney, said the father of two was simply trying to protect his child.

"This young lady has been bullied since the first day of school. This is a new school for her. It was an overwhelming experience. She's currently on suicide watch because of this matter. So we would just ask everyone to reserve judgment," Alexander said.

Police are also investigating the alleged bullies -- seventh grade students. They could face charges of their own.  

http://abcnews.go.com/US/dad-loses-cool-threatens-students-bus/story?id=11660119

That is a great Father.

Cy Tolliver

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2010, 12:22:18 PM »
I could totally understand his frustration with his daughters situation. BUT, him displaying that violence was not the best way of going about it.

IMO, if he was concerned, which I'm sure he was, he should of rode on the bus a few times since it was a new school.
Did he try and talk to the parents of the kids, not that it would do any good probably, just saying.

That bus driver should of (no clue if he did or not, but I'm gathering he didn't) notified school officials to get those kids, hitting, and THROWING CONDOMS (WTF are these kids learning at 11 years old, JEEBUS) suspended at least.

i think your right beach bumb sounds like a dumbass lol
TEAM LAURA LEE!

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2010, 12:22:54 PM »

I don't think it was the ideal way to handle it, but I'll bet you they don't mess with that kid anymore.  Ordinarily, I wouldn't condone something like this.  But in this situation, dealing with a disabled kid, I say go dad.  

They probably got the condoms from Planned Parenthood.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2010, 12:23:22 PM »

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2010, 12:23:50 PM »

You been talking to my wife?   >:(

Cy Tolliver

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #8 on: September 18, 2010, 12:24:18 PM »
That is a great Father.

the kids are just gonna make fun of her way more now lol

just like that dad on that youtube video with jessi slaughter

TEAM LAURA LEE!

newmom

« Reply #9 on: September 18, 2010, 03:05:37 PM »

I don't think that at all, but I'll go along with it for now ;D

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #10 on: September 18, 2010, 03:12:35 PM »
That is a great Father.
No, a great father would have taught his daughter how to throw down, meanwhile handling the situation thru school channels. It's two-fold, because once that girl busts up a snotbox, things will be okay. Parents aren't parents anymore, this is what happens when you don't do your job and expect the school to do it for you. Kids will be bullied, and the bullies are the same thru-out life. How a child handles bullies when young, can help out or be a burden in the future. I had bullies, and I had to deal with them.

newmom

« Reply #11 on: September 18, 2010, 03:20:11 PM »
No, a great father would have taught his daughter how to throw down, meanwhile handling the situation thru school channels. It's two-fold, because once that girl busts up a snotbox, things will be okay. Parents aren't parents anymore, this is what happens when you don't do your job and expect the school to do it for you. Kids will be bullied, and the bullies are the same thru-out life. How a child handles bullies when young, can help out or be a burden in the future. I had bullies, and I had to deal with them.

Parker I do understand what you mean, however, kids these days have to much access to weapons and shit. Now, I do agree to teach kids, wtf cares about name calling. Bulling, is now taking to the internet with these kids (I still would like to know, what happend to going outside and playing in lieu of video games and shit).

Dr Loomis

• Getbig III
« Reply #12 on: September 18, 2010, 05:42:24 PM »

His daughter has CP genius, you think she can handle these situations through education?

I agree with beach and james. I'd take the arrest and let these kids AND parents of the kids know, if something happens they'll pay a price.

James

« Reply #13 on: September 18, 2010, 07:14:37 PM »

Maybe you should read the article again.

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #14 on: September 18, 2010, 07:50:32 PM »

Sept. 17, 2010

I gotta go with beach on this one. I'd have done the same thing... and I would have had more than a few words with the bus driver, as well as the school officials. If there's a security camera on the bus, it would have caught the bullying, and for it to have been permitted to go on by those monitoring the cameras is shameful. he did the right thing, and the fact that the kids were scared... tough shit... they sat around and permitted a child with cerebal palsy to be bullied? Let them shit their pants!

If this man is convicted, if Bill Mccollum doesn't do the right thing in giving him a pardon, I would personally be willing to do all I could do using the pebble effect, to ensure that he isn't re-elected governor of the state of Florida.
w

Parker

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: September 19, 2010, 12:06:11 AM »
His daughter has CP genius, you think she can handle these situations through education?

I agree with beach and james. I'd take the arrest and let these kids AND parents of the kids know, if something happens they'll pay a price.
I didn't read the link or the vid, but children with CP, how bad is the CP? Don't they have to ride the "other bus" for handicap kids?

the problem should have been reported to school Principal, and have them either removed from the bus or suspended...

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: September 19, 2010, 12:10:43 AM »
I didn't read the link or the vid, but children with CP, how bad is the CP? Don't they have to ride the "other bus" for handicap kids?

the problem should have been reported to school Principal, and have them either removed from the bus or suspended...

You're sort of missing the point Parker.  No one should be teaching a disabled kid how to defend herself from bullies.  It's unreasonable to blame the father for not teaching this little girl how to fight. 

Parker

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: September 19, 2010, 12:38:31 AM »
You're sort of missing the point Parker.  No one should be teaching a disabled kid how to defend herself from bullies.  It's unreasonable to blame the father for not teaching this little girl how to fight. 
I agree, but how disabled is she, how far along...she is supposedly on suicide watch...does she have CP and is functioning fairly well? All we know is that she has CP and we cannot assume that that she is helpless, especially if she is on a regular school bus. I do take back what I said, but how far along and her placement on a regular school bus.

***Note, school bus driver should have said something to the kids (and maybe did), but they can't 'touch' the kids, he'll lose his job. Also, making fun of a kid with a handicap, of any kind is cruel, and the kids need their asses whipped...seems like the parents haven't been doing it.

outby43

• Getbig IV
  • Libertarians 2016
« Reply #18 on: September 19, 2010, 12:53:37 AM »
I agree, but how disabled is she, how far along...she is supposedly on suicide watch...does she have CP and is functioning fairly well? All we know is that she has CP and we cannot assume that that she is helpless, especially if she is on a regular school bus. I do take back what I said, but how far along and her placement on a regular school bus.

***Note, school bus driver should have said something to the kids (and maybe did), but they can't 'touch' the kids, he'll lose his job. Also, making fun of a kid with a handicap, of any kind is cruel, and the kids need their asses whipped...seems like the parents haven't been doing it.

I doubt the parents knew there kids were fucking around with a handicapped girl.  What do you think... they sit around the dinner table and Dad says

" Sooooo Johnny,  what did you do today?"
" Well Dad, today a few of us guys threw a condom in a retards hair and pushed her around."

I would hope that most of those parents would beat that ass when they find out.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #19 on: September 19, 2010, 06:07:12 AM »
The complete breakdown of society continues.  I really empthatize with the father here and would not convict if I were on the jury. 

This is again on the incompetence of the school system in refusing to protect the kids. 

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: September 19, 2010, 03:00:41 PM »

Now here is an example of a smart man.  Able to admit a mistake.  Our president could learn something from you.

Arnold jr

• Getbig V
  • fleshandiron.com
« Reply #21 on: September 19, 2010, 04:02:20 PM »
All the comments saying "there were better ways to handle this, more proper ways, he shouldn't have lost it like he did" etc. come on, this is a very emotional issue, this is this mans daughter. The "We Are the World" mentality just doesn't fit here. If this dad had acted any other way I'd think he'd have a mental issue.

I don't have any kids and I can see this, if I had a daughter this was happening to I guarantee I'd be irate.

Side note, it's not only sad but it's pathetic that people get arrested for this type of thing here in America. Absolutely pathetic.

BM OUT

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #22 on: September 20, 2010, 06:36:13 AM »
The father actually would have been much better off finding out the kids that did it,then go to their house and then beat the crap out of the kids fathers[if they have any]or relatives right in front of the kids,next time they are dead.

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: September 20, 2010, 07:03:15 AM »
All the comments saying "there were better ways to handle this, more proper ways, he shouldn't have lost it like he did" etc. come on, this is a very emotional issue, this is this mans daughter. The "We Are the World" mentality just doesn't fit here. If this dad had acted any other way I'd think he'd have a mental issue.

I don't have any kids and I can see this, if I had a daughter this was happening to I guarantee I'd be irate.

Side note, it's not only sad but it's pathetic that people get arrested for this type of thing here in America. Absolutely pathetic.

Having had to deal with a similar situation, there are amore options to explore before boarding the bus and threatening the kids. I certainly can empathize with the father, but I can't condone that type of response. The next article may read "Father of child who didn't pick on CP kid beats the crap out of father who boarded bus and scared the crap out of his son"...