Author Topic: New America Movement  (Read 1379 times)

Lundgren

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Banned
New America Movement
« on: September 19, 2010, 12:51:21 PM »
We all know america is in need of change. And has to deal with with a wide range of problems, Governments ability to solve problems is limited.

So if you could mobilize american`s what would get them to do.

I have my own theories, a apolitical movement of Eco values and frugality blended together.

1) American`s need to have more personal savings. Nothing new but it really needs a social movement to make it possible as being cheap ain`t sexy.
2) Buy American goods and not chinese good. This is the hard one, But I think if American`s make a cultural preference for items that can be found locally, such as organic foods, or vacations are far better than Asian made stereo`s.
3) American`s need to finds way to use less imported oil. Smaller American made cars.
Living closer to where employment is located etc.

Of course it wouldn`t hurt if gov gave support but their is a strong need for a grass roots movement.

Arnold jr

• Getbig V
  • fleshandiron.com
Re: New America Movement
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2010, 12:59:39 PM »
We all know america is in need of change. And has to deal with with a wide range of problems, Governments ability to solve problems is limited.

I have my own theories, a apolitical movement of Eco values and frugality blended together.

1) American`s need to have more personal savings. Nothing new but it really needs a social movement to make it possible as being cheap ain`t sexy.
2) Buy American goods and not chinese good. This is the hard one, But I think if American`s make a cultural preference for items that can be found locally, such as organic foods, or vacations are far better than Asian made stereo`s.
3) American`s need to finds way to use less imported oil. Smaller American made cars.

Of course it wouldn`t hurt if gov gave support but their is a strong need for a grass roots movement.

Saving money, buying American, these are always good things. As for finding a way to use less imported oil, there's a pretty easy solution but it's not going to happen anytime soon. We have more oil than imaginable but we don't use it. America is like a street bum when it comes to oil, we're the street bum who's asking for money but he's got $80billion in the bank...makes no sense.

Eventually I hope the oil thing will change. Personally, I think being able to live wherever we want, even an hr away from where we work is a cool thing in America and I have enjoyed driving my massive trucks over the years and would like to continue.

Lundgren

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Banned
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2010, 01:31:02 PM »
Why use American oil reserves now thier gonna be a gold mine in the future. It`s better to reduce now anyhow.

I just think their needs to be people willing to get off there ass and act for there self interest. You can`t expect one goverment to solve 300 million peoples problems.

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2010, 01:54:08 PM »
You are an uneducated Canadian who can't meet his loan obligations and still lives with mommy and daddy. You're in no position to lecture anyone on "saving" or how to fix our country.

Stick to bitching about how you think you should be exempt from meeting your loan payments, scumbag.

Arnold jr

• Getbig V
  • fleshandiron.com
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2010, 01:56:25 PM »
Why use American oil reserves now thier gonna be a gold mine in the future. It`s better to reduce now anyhow.

I just think their needs to be people willing to get off there ass and act for there self interest. You can`t expect one goverment to solve 300 million peoples problems.

I don't expect the government to solve one persons problems, that's not their job.

I wasn't speaking of oil reserves, I was speaking of the untapped oil we have sitting unused, just sitting there. In Utah alone there is enough oil to last the U.S. hundreds of yrs if not more. But it's protected land...I'm sorry, that is nothing short of retarded.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2010, 02:05:50 PM »
by the time we gotta dig up our own oil, they'll have some cool new nanotech or something along those lines which makes messy carbon fuels extinct.

You're telling me, in another 100 or 200 years of man's innovation, we don't come up with some process for a better energy system? 

Arnold jr

• Getbig V
  • fleshandiron.com
« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2010, 02:14:11 PM »
by the time we gotta dig up our own oil, they'll have some cool new nanotech or something along those lines which makes messy carbon fuels extinct.

You're telling me, in another 100 or 200 years of man's innovation, we don't come up with some process for a better energy system?  

Maybe, I don't know, there's no way to know what will happen. If we come up with a better way, hey great, I'm all for it but for now and "Now" is what matters, we use oil. And it doesn't take that long to drill for oil and refine it. We have not only the oil to pull from but the man power to turn that oil at a very fast rate. The U.S. could so easily be 100% energy efficient and independent in a very short time.

Arnold jr

• Getbig V
  • fleshandiron.com
« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2010, 02:16:45 PM »
The U.S. is truly the land of milk & honey but for some reason we sometimes pretend it's the land of dirty tap-water and gruel.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #8 on: September 19, 2010, 02:30:57 PM »
maybe part of why we like to control their oil - is that it limits how fast China can grow.

mass 04

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: September 19, 2010, 03:22:13 PM »
You are an uneducated Canadian who can't meet his loan obligations and still lives with mommy and daddy. You're in no position to lecture anyone on "saving" or how to fix our country.

Stick to bitching about how you think you should be exempt from meeting your loan payments, scumbag.
He's a typical kid who has taken a few college classes and thinks he has the world figured out..

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: September 19, 2010, 05:46:43 PM »
He's a typical kid who has taken a few college classes and thinks he has the world figured out..
not to be mean but this sorry lundgrin but you and jag listen to rhetoric and bull shit...sorry hoss but like ive said many times politics isnt reality...

Lundgren

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Banned
« Reply #11 on: September 19, 2010, 07:09:46 PM »
not to be mean but this sorry lundgrin but you and jag listen to rhetoric and bull shit...sorry hoss but like ive said many times politics isnt reality...
Your right America has never been better, the chinese will be forgotten in five years just like the japanese in the 80`s. :)

America needs to go on rapid expanion of heavy oil industry, to spur growth and while were at it, we`ll get all those oil reserves out of the ground before cold fushion reactors becomes the world`s power source.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: September 19, 2010, 07:11:22 PM »
Your right America has never been better, the chinese will be forgotten in five years just like the japanese in the 80`s. :)

America needs to go on rapid expanion of heavy oil industry, to spur growth and while were at it, we`ll get all those oil reserves out of the ground before cold fushion reactors becomes the world`s power source.
LOL nobody is saying that but to listen to you and jags idiotic parroted rhetoric is just as ignorant as what you put forth here  ;)

Lundgren

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Banned
« Reply #13 on: September 19, 2010, 07:27:34 PM »
LOL nobody is saying that but to listen to you and jags idiotic parroted rhetoric is just as ignorant as what you put forth here  ;)

There`s alot of what jag says i don`t agree with.

Anyhow this is about three basic tings american need to do which is cut down on oil, spend disposible income on local goods not forign, and start spending within it`s means. Plesase explain to me how this shit ain`t relavant.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: September 19, 2010, 07:32:46 PM »
There`s alot of what jag says i don`t agree with.

Anyhow this is about three basic tings american need to do which is cut down on oil, spend disposible income on local goods not forign, and start spending within it`s means. Plesase explain to me how this shit ain`t relavant.
I agree on oil as in to find a source of energy that doesnt fluctuate with the menstrual cycles of the arabs...

local goods etc...doesnt need to be so what we need is to develop a more favorable balance of trade...

i agree with spending within our means both personally and nationally...

none of these things spell gloom and doom like you and jag predict  ;) again politics which is rhetoric for the most part is not reality

Lundgren

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Banned
« Reply #15 on: September 19, 2010, 08:14:30 PM »
I agree on oil as in to find a source of energy that doesnt fluctuate with the menstrual cycles of the arabs...

local goods etc...doesnt need to be so what we need is to develop a more favorable balance of trade...

i agree with spending within our means both personally and nationally...

none of these things spell gloom and doom like you and jag predict  ;) again politics which is rhetoric for the most part is not reality
Stop linking me to jag There`s alot he`s saying i don`t agree with.

But I ain`t no doomer. You act llke either it`s doom or things will be fine. No they might turn out alright possibly, or they can stay shitty forever. Anyone in any other part of the world can tell you this. The world won`t blow up because america is in decline. But you may be faced with decades of decline. It won`t be the end of the world, but it may mean American`s won`t be driving cars in the future, or a number of possibilities.  I don`t know it all nobody does, anyone that pretends to is full of shit. THere`s alot of variables that are hard to predict, upcoming techs, future bubbles, politcal events, enviromental factors, whatever. There won`t be no end of the world, but there sure as hell might be some humbling experiences.

Prior to 2000, the US was unchallenged for the most part of the post war era. You faced relatively small amounts of competition. The world was predictable(minus the soviets). America had dominance in almost all areas of life, which of course gave untold number of benefits. There also was a relative abundance of energy. Now uncertainty is the name of the game.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: September 19, 2010, 08:19:13 PM »
Stop linking me to jag There`s alot he`s saying i don`t agree with.

But I ain`t no doomer. You act llke either it`s doom or things will be fine. No they might turn out alright possibly, or they can stay shitty forever. Anyone in any other part of the world can tell you this. The world won`t blow up because america is in decline. But you may be faced with decades of decline. It won`t be the end of the world, but it may mean American`s won`t be driving cars in the future, or a number of possibilities.  I don`t know it all nobody does, anyone that pretends to is full of shit. THere`s alot of variables that are hard to predict, upcoming techs, future bubbles, politcal events, enviromental factors, whatever. There won`t be no end of the world, but there sure as hell might be some humbling experiences.

Prior to 2000, the US was unchallenged for the most part of the post war era. You faced relatively small amounts of competition. The world was predictable(minus the soviets). America had dominance in almost all areas of life, which of course gave untold number of benefits. There also was a relative abundance of energy. Now uncertainty is the name of the game.
LOL we will be just fine broham and in all likelihood on the right track in a yr or less...I agree about uncertainty but some things are certain or at least very likely and that is the US isnt going anywhere...

again you like to compare us to china, problem is china is an emerging market they will hit growing pains as well and they will also sooner or later have to play by the same rules as the rest of the first world countries... ;)

Lundgren

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Banned
« Reply #17 on: September 19, 2010, 08:26:36 PM »
LOL we will be just fine broham and in all likelihood on the right track in a yr or less...I agree about uncertainty but some things are certain or at least very likely and that is the US isnt going anywhere...

again you like to compare us to china, problem is china is an emerging market they will hit growing pains as well and they will also sooner or later have to play by the same rules as the rest of the first world countries... ;)
Yes but then there`s india. Other countries in east Asia. East Europe Brazil. There not just gonna sit there with their arms folded. Its simple there are about 3-4 billion extra people than there were in 1980 that area able to perform in a global markets.  This is a mix of pop growth, rise in education and generally knowledge due to the tech, and politcal movements globally that are open market focused.

It`s not rhetoric to say the world say our parents was based on a much smaller group of people around the world. This new dynamic is hard to predict and we don`t know where it`s going.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: September 19, 2010, 08:34:23 PM »
Yes but then there`s india. Other countries in east Asia. East Europe Brazil. There not just gonna sit there with their arms folded. Its simple there are about 3-4 billion extra people than there were in 1980 that area able to perform in a global markets.  This is a mix of pop growth, rise in education and generally knowledge due to the tech, and politcal movements globally that are open market focused.

It`s not rhetoric to say the world say our parents was based on a much smaller group of people around the world. This new dynamic is hard to predict and we don`t know where it`s going.
I agree the world is flat and getting flatter which is why language isnt an issue anymore. I also agree that emerging markets like china, india, brazil, chile etc...are poised to make great strides in the next decade or so but that doesnt mean the US is screwed or that this will hurt the US...

again as with all rapidly expanding markets they will have growing pains and I could almost garuntee you that one in the 4 will go through a substantial financial crisis within the next decade. You like to compare emerging 3rd world markets with the US that has regs, policies and standards in place that would cripple those markets but you refuse to acknowledge that.

Lundgren

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Banned
« Reply #19 on: September 19, 2010, 08:58:29 PM »
I agree the world is flat and getting flatter which is why language isnt an issue anymore. I also agree that emerging markets like china, india, brazil, chile etc...are poised to make great strides in the next decade or so but that doesnt mean the US is screwed or that this will hurt the US...

again as with all rapidly expanding markets they will have growing pains and I could almost garuntee you that one in the 4 will go through a substantial financial crisis within the next decade. You like to compare emerging 3rd world markets with the US that has regs, policies and standards in place that would cripple those markets but you refuse to acknowledge that.
US that has regs, policies and standards in place  would you mind expanding on  that little number for me. ???

The us isn`t screwed but it`got some severe issues that can`t be dealt with quickly. Your acting like the competition has stood still for the last 30 years it hasn`t. Your facing cheap competition in all areas. It`s not one country doing it all either. Some countries are doing auto, aircraft ship building. It`s spread out globally. It`s not just china, they just happen to have the high chance of global dominance by the end of the decade. You say 1-4 will fail even if your triple that number the us still got alot to make up for.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: September 19, 2010, 09:06:07 PM »
US that has regs, policies and standards in place  would you mind expanding on  that little number for me. ???

The us isn`t screwed but it`got some severe issues that can`t be dealt with quickly. Your acting like the competition has stood still for the last 30 years it hasn`t. Your facing cheap competition in all areas. It`s not one country doing it all either. Some countries are doing auto, aircraft ship building. It`s spread out globally. It`s not just china, they just happen to have the high chance of global dominance by the end of the decade. You say 1-4 will fail even if your triple that number the us still got alot to make up for.
enviromental standards, labour standards, business regulations that china et al dont have to adhere to...why do you think US companies go to emerging markets?

id dont say 1 in 4 will fail only that they will have a severe financial crisis...and to be honest thats being conservative...The US is well equiped to deal with the problem and privately they will, the economy will likely be back in full swing in a year or less and from there the opportunities that are available will be exploited.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #21 on: September 20, 2010, 05:11:17 AM »
enviromental standards, labour standards, business regulations that china et al dont have to adhere to...why do you think US companies go to emerging markets?

id dont say 1 in 4 will fail only that they will have a severe financial crisis...and to be honest thats being conservative...The US is well equiped to deal with the problem and privately they will, the economy will likely be back in full swing in a year or less and from there the opportunities that are available will be exploited.

We are finished IMHO because we are not even honest withourselves as to what our problems are. 

The enviro groups, the public employee union groups, the trial lawyers, the class action lawsuit lobby, etc etc are destryoing this nation and making it impossible to do business. 

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #22 on: September 20, 2010, 05:21:28 AM »
Is this another one of Jag's gimmicks?

Jag = Samson = Lundgrenisgod

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #23 on: September 20, 2010, 05:22:47 AM »

A Canadian who can't manage his own finances lecturing Americans on how to fix the economy.     ::)