Author Topic: The Case for KB Gold aka Karatbars  (Read 44846 times)

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
Re: Should I put my US Dollars into Gold?
« Reply #25 on: November 28, 2010, 01:55:26 PM »
Gerald Celente is putting his US Dollars into Gold & Silver

Gerald Celente on Goldseek radio Nov 26, 2010

part 1 of 2

part 2 of 2
w

Ares

• Getbig II
« Reply #26 on: November 29, 2010, 07:21:04 AM »
Everyone needs to own physical gold/silver (either in your own home or overseas such as Goldmoney.com / Perthmint)  

Precious metals ARE heavily manipulated by major banks like JP Morgan. central banks, the government, and major banks who short gold all wan gold to stay low sinc when PMs rise it shows weakness/devaluation of the US dollar. Thus prices will swing a bit in the coming years. Do not be fearful.

Do not buy ETFS like GLD or SLV they most certainly do not have enough metal for delivery on the outstanding shares. There are many many more shares of "paper" metals traded than actual metal in the world. At some point the COMEX could likely default on full delivery once gold goes into the final stage of its bull run. Buying paper gold/silver allows people to further manipulate prices through short selling (naked shorting most likely although they deny it)

PMs will rise into a bubble then pop like everything else. Don't get caught holding the bag like the foolish masses.  You WILL Get burned holding onto it too long.

List of potential sell points:

- Gold vs Dow ratio is 1:1 - gold is then overvalued and DOW is undervalued. time to sell.
 - Interest rates rise sharply - that drives money into other asset classes that pay interest like bonds etc.
 - The gold mania is everywhere - tons of books in the bookstores, everyone on the street knows the price of gold and owns it, typical dot.com/real estate levels of public sheeple interest.

When things get crazy you should go the opposite direction of everyone else, since everyone else is in too late and smart money will be ready to pull the rug out.  Sorta like selling your house in 2007, or selling your dot.com stocks in 1999.

When those things happen time to bail out. Eject!  Gold/Silver will pop and could spend 20 or more years into bear stage with little or no movement. Probably want to keep SOME  no matter what though, as in the rest of your life since the dollar will be replaced someday and gold may play a part in revaluation of the "next" major world currencies.

http://www.kitco.com/ind/Bevan/nov172010.html

Ares

• Getbig II
« Reply #27 on: November 29, 2010, 07:30:05 AM »
Everyone needs to own physical gold/silver (either in your own home or overseas such as Goldmoney.com / Perthmint)  

Precious metals ARE heavily manipulated by major banks like JP Morgan. central banks, the government, and major banks who short gold all wan gold to stay low sinc when PMs rise it shows weakness/devaluation of the US dollar. Thus prices will swing a bit in the coming years. Do not be fearful.

Do not buy ETFS like GLD or SLV they most certainly do not have enough metal for delivery on the outstanding shares. There are many many more shares of "paper" metals traded than actual metal in the world. At some point the COMEX could likely default on full delivery once gold goes into the final stage of its bull run. Buying paper gold/silver allows people to further manipulate prices through short selling (naked shorting most likely although they deny it)

PMs will rise into a bubble then pop like everything else. Don't get caught holding the bag like the foolish masses.  You WILL Get burned holding onto it too long.

List of potential sell points:

- Gold vs Dow ratio is 1:1 - gold is then overvalued and DOW is undervalued. time to sell.
 - Interest rates rise sharply - that drives money into other asset classes that pay interest like bonds etc.
 - The gold mania is everywhere - tons of books in the bookstores, everyone on the street knows the price of gold and owns it, typical dot.com/real estate levels of public sheeple interest.

When things get crazy you should go the opposite direction of everyone else, since everyone else is in too late and smart money will be ready to pull the rug out.  Sorta like selling your house in 2007, or selling your dot.com stocks in 1999.

When those things happen time to bail out. Eject!  Gold/Silver will pop and could spend 20 or more years into bear stage with little or no movement. Probably want to keep SOME  no matter what though, as in the rest of your life since the dollar will be replaced someday and gold may play a part in revaluation of the "next" major world currencies. If you are in for the lifetime long haul, prices will get super cheap so its a good time to load up after you sell during the bubble.

http://www.kitco.com/ind/Bevan/nov172010.html

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #28 on: December 01, 2010, 12:31:27 AM »

I agree with everything I've highlighted.

As for getting burned from holding gold too long, ...that can only occur if and when gold becomes overvalued. Right now it is undervalued. If one were to use dollar cost averaging, they'd be able to sell prior to losing any money, and will have preserved their purchasing power.

I don't advocate gold as a means to acquire wealth, but rather as a store of value in the preservation of wealth.
w

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: December 01, 2010, 02:15:39 PM »
The Solution to the Government Debt Problem Is Well Known

Claus Vogt | Wednesday, December 1, 2010 at 7:30 am

Claus Vogt

Last Thursday in a government declaration, German Chancellor Angela Merkel spoke about the debt problems in Ireland and other European countries. She said,

“Europe needs a new culture of stability,” and added, “A better monitoring system of the national budget would be needed for all European Union member countries.”

She even addressed the cause of the European debt crisis when she said many EU countries lived beyond their measures.

Merkel obviously has recognized the root of the over indebtedness problem many European countries — and the U.S. — face. But does this recognition mean that the problems will be solved?

Unfortunately, no.

You see, there is still no political will to implement prudent monetary and fiscal policies. Not in Europe, not in the U.S. And it’s easy to understand why …

Voters do not want to want to tighten their belts! They’ve always counted on government goodies to keep the party going. And politicians want to be (re)elected. So they have no incentive to implement prudent, long-term policies if they come with short-term hardships.

However, generally speaking …

A “Culture of New stability” Is Easy to Establish

A return to sound money; the reintroduction of a prudent global monetary system would make budget deficits quickly disappear. Politicians would have to accept budget restrictions. They would have to stop their spending binge and return to soberness.

Moreover, under a sound money regime the often bemoaned massive international economic imbalances would not exist. And we wouldn’t experience the huge speculative bubbles like we’ve had in the past.

The “after us the deluge” policy, which has become the credo since President Nixon abandoned the Bretton Woods monetary system, would have never been possible with sound money.

Gold is permanent, natural money,
the antithesis of money made from nothing,
money backed by force alone.

World Bank President Robert Zeollick knows this. In fact he is the first official in an exposed position to have added the idea of the reintroduction of the gold standard to the public debate.

He knows that Chancellor Merkel’s call for a “new culture of stability” is worthless propaganda as long as the current unsound monetary regime is in existence. Any propositions that fall short of sound money are nothing more than delusions of momentous proportions.

Zoellick was quickly called to order and paddled back. But nevertheless, this episode is telling.

The problems facing the industrial world can no longer be swept under the carpet. They’ll just keep coming back. The debt problem is so large, that sooner or later something has to give.

Zoellick realizes that. But Fed Chairman Bernanke is still prescribing the same old medicine — without restraint — which is only aggravating patient’s ailment.

And then there is the most important question, which is rarely discussed …

Who Will Take the Losses?

Over-indebted countries will end up defaulting in the coming years … either openly, or behind closed doors via currency debasement. There is simply no other option.

The point of no return has long passed. We have reached a dead-end. Our politicians will have to decide whom to saddle with the unavoidable losses coming from debt loads too large to service any longer.

Amazingly the financial industry has somehow managed not to be held responsible for their risk taking. They have succeeded in bypassing the philosophy that they should stand tall for the losses their decisions may entail.

A willingness to accept losses is part of capitalism.

On the other hand, you and I have to eat our losses if our investments go bad. And that’s how it should be. Otherwise capital markets and capitalism as a whole cannot function.

Every economist knows this unwritten law. But in the case of mortgage debt the law has been broken, and major losses have been socialized. Now I fear that the same will happen with the major losses coming from government — and municipality — defaults.

That means the bond market is facing a very rough future. And many issues once deemed risk-free will show their new reality.

Best wishes,

Claus

http://www.moneyandmarkets.com/the-solution-to-the-government-debt-problem-is-well-known-41369
w

24KT

• Getbig V
Re: The Case for KB Gold
« Reply #30 on: December 01, 2010, 06:12:22 PM »

USA Debt (by year) in Billions

1970 -      380.9
1980 -      909.0
1990 -   3,206.3
2000 -   5,628.7
2010 - 13,888.0

USA Debt Owned by the following Countries:

China - 846.7 Billion
Japan - 821.0 Billion
Middle East - 223.8 Billion
Brazil - 162.2 Billion
Hong Kong - 135.2 Billion
Russia - 130.9 Billion
Taiwan - 130.5 Billion

All 7 creditor countries are now BUYERS of Gold and Silver Bullion!
They are turning their dollar interest payments into Bullion.
USA and Europe are printing dollars to make the payments.
How long can this go on before precious metals REALLY TAKE OFF?

The borrower is and always has been, and always will be, servant to the lender!
Do as the world's creditors are doing - exchanging fiat paper currency for precious metals. For every winner there is a loser. For every loser, there is a winner.
Money never disappears is only changes hands.

Be proactive and prosper - be reactive, gliding along with good intentions and run the risk of getting run over by the financial "meltdown" that is looming.

Gold Prices since 1970

1970 -        $38.90
1975 -      $139.29
1985 -      $327.00
1990 -      $386.20
2000 -      $279.11
2005 -      $444.74
2009 -      $972.35
Today - $1,389.30
2011 - How much will you own?
2012 - How much will you get for free?  :D

w

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: December 02, 2010, 01:28:51 PM »
w

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: December 07, 2010, 12:46:42 AM »
Shock and awe in Precious Metals
Written by Jeff Nielson
Wed., Dec 1, 2010  11:24

Earlier this month, precious metals investors witnessed arguably the most concerted take-down of the precious metals sector since the Crash of ’08. First, investors were lathered-up into a mania, after World Bank head Robert Zoellick planted a piece in the Financial Times where he feigned interest in having a gold standard re-instituted.

Then the ambush took place. ...story continues here
w

boonasty

• Getbig IV
  • are you a famous getbigger? click on the globe!
« Reply #33 on: December 08, 2010, 11:09:03 AM »
jaguar, have you sold the kb gold to any of your family members?

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: December 09, 2010, 12:38:42 PM »
jaguar, have you sold the kb gold to any of your family members?

Boon, I don't sell gold or silver, I buy it.  And yes, I recommend KB to my friends and family members

The majority of my family members are located in countries where they are unable to buy gold or silver from KB.
Currently, only those in Germany, Austria, Switzerland, Netherlands, and Slovenia are able to buy KB precious metals... or those with a mailing address in those countries are able to buy and take physical delivery.  The ability to buy from KB is also available to those in Poland, Italy, Croatia, Hungary, Romania,  Ukraine, Czech Republic, and will be made available to residents of UK, Ireland, Denmark, Sweden, Norway, Finland, France, Spain, Portugal, USA, Canada, Mexico, Central and South America and many more countries very shortly.

I have recommended KB to friends and family in Germany, Switzerland, Netherlands, Poland, Italy, UK, Croatia, Hungary, Romania, Slovakia, Sweden, Norway, Denmark, France, Spain, USA, Canada, Mexico, Peru, Brazil, Jamaica, Ghana, Nigeria, Benin, Cote D'ivoire, Taiwan, Dubai, and Japan.

If I were at liberty to name names, it would blow your mind to discover just who is involved with KB, because the list includes members of the senate, congress, politicians all over, and quite frankly royalty from around the world. Many would be easily recognizable names.
w

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: December 10, 2010, 07:01:37 PM »
Confiscation through Inflation

w

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: December 14, 2010, 06:59:30 PM »
The JP Morgan Silver Manipulation Explained

The current state of affairs in the silver markets, ...and what is soon to come

w

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: December 14, 2010, 07:02:56 PM »
The Federal Reserve:
Selling Paper Gold and Buying Physical Gold
The good ole "American way"—through proxies

by Rob Kirby

A couple of weeks ago, I pitched an idea to some associates of mine who are involved in SERIOUS [tonnage] PRECIOUS METALS procurement—physical metal only—let's just say HUGE money.  I asked them if they would be interested in purchasing an “option”—cash up front—for the exclusive rights [first right of refusal on off-take] of a gold producer [miner] for a set number of ounces for 3–5 years "at the market"—using LBMA pricing [a.m./p.m. fixes] in the future.  The answer I got back from my associates was "show us a terms sheet, we definitely have interest."

So, I spoke to a friend who is very close to an intermediate producer who is in the mode of raising money right now.  I had them ask the producer if they would have interest – the producer said, "YES, we are interested—but just to let you know—J.P. Morgan has been asking us if we would sell them the same option."  So, while gold producers have shuttered their "gold hedge books"—the Bullion Banks are "synthetically" trying to keep physical output captive—I would suggest FOR THE EXPRESSED REASON THAT THEY SELL EVERY PHYSICAL OUNCE AT LEAST 100 TIMES OVER.

Gold is going to get EXTREMELY scarce in the future folks.  Big money interests are now cutting off [or bidding for / gaining exclusive access to] the traditional bullion supply chain "at the pit."

The shorts of "paper gold" at J.P. Morgan [the Fed in drag] are selling the daylights out of the paper market and simultaneously buying exclusive rights to producers' future production so they can try to fudge their way through an unmitigated fraud and settle a big enough chunk of their bad bets to keep this "systemically ruinous" precious metals Ponzi scheme alive.
Price of Gold and Interest Rates Are Joined at the Hip

The academic research that outlines the inter-relatedness of gold and interest rates
is succinctly laid out in a 2001 treatise, Gibson's Paradox Revisited, by Reg Howe.  From this one can deduct that ANY rigging of the gold price must go hand-in-hand with simultaneous rigging of interest rates.

Folks would do well to realize how neatly emerging details of Fed surrogate Morgan's  "stealth" activity in the bullion market dovetails with their obscene, obsequious activity elsewhere in their derivatives book—particularly their JUMBO TRILLIONS sized interest rate swap positions.

Stealth activity on the part of the Fed—utilizing proxy institutions to generate limitless artificial demand for any and all U.S. Government Debt—effectively gives the Fed control of the long end of the interest rate curve [the bond market].

From a timing perspective, it is also noteworthy that gold price rigging—long maintained by GATA—is alleged to have begun in earnest during the Clinton Administration with the appointment of Robert Rubin as U.S. Treasury Secretary [along with understudy Lawrence Summers] in Jan. 1995.  Coincidentally [or perhaps not?] we can trace the genesis of the "explosion" in the use of derivatives [mostly interest rate] to that exact same time frame.  In fact, if we follow the time line in "reverse"—the growth in the use of derivatives appears like a trail of bread crumbs —right back to the time when Professor Lawrence Summers, under the tutelage of Sir Robert of Rubin, brought his academic alchemy to Washington:

Does anyone with a pulse really believe that ANY Bank Holding Company in the U.S. would be permitted to have a derivatives position in excess of 75 TRILLION [five times the size of U.S. GDP] if they were not "in bed" with the FED??!

If you except the premise that, "J.P. Morgan 'is' the Fed," then, "IT'S REALLY THE FED WHO IS BUYING GOLD" and they [unfortunately, this means "America"] likely have NONE LEFT to sell.

NOTHING could be more bullish for the price of gold going forward.

Everyone needs to get it through their heads; these criminals are NOT IN IT for profits.  The survival of our "BROKEN FIAT MONEY SYSTEM" "IS" their only goal.
Conclusions:

Officialdom will never admit it and it will NEVER be reported in the mainstream financial news but our financial system has NEVER been in a more precarious state. A banking crisis of unparalleled proportions is coming—probably soon—the exact timing is still sketchy.

Got physical precious metal yet?

http://www.financialsense.com/contributors/rob-kirby/the-federal-reserve-is-selling-paper-gold-and-buying-physical-gold
w

Nathan

• Getbig III
  • 5'11 185 lbs
Re: Swiss Institutions Ask: Where's the Gold?
« Reply #38 on: December 17, 2010, 07:51:59 PM »
I personally doubt the gold is there lol highly doubt it.
P

Nathan

• Getbig III
  • 5'11 185 lbs
« Reply #39 on: December 17, 2010, 08:01:25 PM »
Gold does good in bad times which is when you need it the most ;) the value will always go up,
 because governments will always do stupid things lol

The Canadian dollar being on par with the US makes a lot of Candians shop and vacation there, which actually hurts our economy at the same time the Americans stay home, or go to cheaper places. So the dollar here is kinda in a catch 22.
P

24KT

• Getbig V
Re: Swiss Institutions Ask: Where's the Gold?
« Reply #40 on: December 18, 2010, 01:58:33 PM »
I personally doubt the gold is there lol highly doubt it.

With most institutions, I'd have to agree. I know the gold is there with KB though.
We've been audited so many times and come out with flying colours everytime.  :D
w

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: December 18, 2010, 02:51:35 PM »
Criminal Banksters vs. Gold & Silver Vigilantes  part 1 of 2

Hyperinflation, Backwardation & 1 To 1 Silver To Gold   part 2 of 2
w

boonasty

• Getbig IV
  • are you a famous getbigger? click on the globe!
« Reply #42 on: December 20, 2010, 11:11:54 AM »
Boon, I don't sell gold or silver, I buy it.  And yes, I recommend KB to my friends and family members

The majority of my family members are located in countries where they are unable to buy gold or silver from KB.
Currently, only those in Germany, Austria, Switzerland, Netherlands, and Slovenia are able to buy KB precious metals... or those with a mailing address in those countries are able to buy and take physical delivery.  The ability to buy from KB is also available to those in Poland, Italy, Croatia, Hungary, Romania,  Ukraine, Czech Republic, and will be made available to residents of UK, Ireland, Denmark, Sweden, Norway, Finland, France, Spain, Portugal, USA, Canada, Mexico, Central and South America and many more countries very shortly.

I have recommended KB to friends and family in Germany, Switzerland, Netherlands, Poland, Italy, UK, Croatia, Hungary, Romania, Slovakia, Sweden, Norway, Denmark, France, Spain, USA, Canada, Mexico, Peru, Brazil, Jamaica, Ghana, Nigeria, Benin, Cote D'ivoire, Taiwan, Dubai, and Japan.

If I were at liberty to name names, it would blow your mind to discover just who is involved with KB, because the list includes members of the senate, congress, politicians all over, and quite frankly royalty from around the world. Many would be easily recognizable names.

a recognizable name does not impress me.  recognizable people are not necessarily always insightful or intelligent.

i am confused that you say you are not selling this product.  how do you make money off of kb then?

if you answer, please be concise because i'm not known to read long-ass posts ;D

have any of your friends or family you have suggested buy this product done so?

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #43 on: December 20, 2010, 06:36:21 PM »
a recognizable name does not impress me.  recognizable people are not necessarily always insightful or intelligent.

Phew! That's a relief! I thought you were going to ask me to name them.  :)

i am confused that you say you are not selling this product.  how do you make money off of kb then?

I use KB not so much as a vehicle for making money, but rather as a vehicle for preserving the value of the money I already have. For me it's not about speculating about an increase in the value of GOLD. The value of gold remains constant. The real fluctuating factor is the value of FIAT currencies. I'm using precious metals as a store of value, because every country on the planet appears to be in a race to devalue their currencies. So, when we see an increase in the price of gold, ...it is not the value of gold increasing, ...but rather a reflection of the decrease in the value of the FIAT currency relative to gold.

As for how I make money with KB, I earn a referral fee of up to $900 USD for anyone I refer to KB who opens and funds a FREE savings account, plus up to 5.5% of all subsequent deposits  

if you answer, please be concise because i'm not known to read long-ass posts ;D

have any of your friends or family you have suggested buy this product done so?

Yes.

I hope that was concise enough.  :D
w

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #44 on: December 22, 2010, 05:09:34 PM »

James Turk:
Writing on the Wall, Hyperinflation is Very Near

With gold and silver consolidating recent gains, King World News interviewed James Turk out of Spain.  When asked about the action in both gold and silver Turk stated, “Rising interest rates along with the surge in commodity prices that we have been seeing in the back half of this year is writing on the wall that hyperinflation is very near.  If anyone needs further proof just look at what QE2 is already doing.  The Fed is turning government debt that the market doesn’t want into currency which is the cause of all hyperinflation.”

Turk continues:

“2010 was another good year for the precious metals.  Although we still have two weeks to go, gold will be up for the tenth year in a row against the dollar.  The significant change this year is that a lot more people are paying attention to gold’s rise.  Because we are in stage II of a bull market now, as I said, you are seeing many more people take notice of both gold and silver’s rise.  The continuing talk about gold being in a bubble is complete nonsense, the stage III speculative phase is still far into the future.

The theme for the balance of this year and into next will be determined accumulation of physical gold and silver.  The reason for that is that the drivers for gold and silver remain the same, monetary problems around the world.  Individuals and institutions need a safe haven because of all of the monetary turmoil as well as ongoing crises.  With physical gold and silver they know their money is safe.

The interesting point Eric is that I think all of these crises are going to come to a head in 2011.  So far they have been developing serially, but everything is shaping up for a big bang.  The reason is that debt holders are finally waking up to the risks and demanding higher interest rates, which is something over-leveraged debtors cannot afford to pay.

So the way I see it, we need gold and silver now more than ever, which is the same message the mining shares are telling us.   The strong accumulation that we are seeing in the mining shares bodes well for next year in terms of performance both for the metals, but in particular the mining shares.”

Turk is correct, we are seeing tremendous accumulation in the mining shares.  It’s not that the commercials can’t wiggle some of these mining shares lower in price from time to time.  It’s just that the commercials and other professionals will be buying the shares from weak-handed sellers in each of those dips.  This is just the reality of massive professional accumulation as we move through phase II.  That’s just the way bull markets work.

http://kingworldnews.com/kingworldnews/KWN_DailyWeb/Entries/2010/12/21_James_Turk_-_Writing_on_the_Wall%2C_Hyperinflation_is_Very_Near.html
w

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #45 on: December 22, 2010, 05:11:22 PM »
John Williams:
Massive Selling of US Currency Lies Ahead

John Williams today was dispatching information regarding gold, silver, M3, nearby massive selling of dollars and inflation.  Here is a portion from his commentary, “Despite November 9th’s historic high gold price of $1,421.00 per troy ounce (London afternoon fix) and the multi-decade high silver price of $30.50 per troy ounce (London fix) on December 7th, gold and silver prices have yet to approach their historic high levels, adjusted for inflation.”

John Williams continues:

“The earlier all-time high of $850.00 of January 21, 1980 would be $2,391 per troy ounce, based on November 2010 CPI-U-adjusted dollars, and would be $7,840 per troy ounce in terms of SGS-Alternate-CPI-adjusted dollars.

In like manner, the all-time high price for silver in January 1980 of $49.45 per troy ounce has not been hit since, including in terms of inflation-adjusted dollars.  Based on November 2010 CPI-U inflation, the 1980 silver price peak would be $139 per troy ounce and would be $456 per troy ounce in terms of SGS-Alternate-CPI-adjusted dollars.

Real Money Supply M3:  The signal of the still unfolding double-dip recession, based on annual contraction in the real (inflation-adjusted) broad money supply (M3), continues and is graphed (above).  Based on today’s CPI-U report and the latest estimate on the November SGS-Ongoing M3 Estimate, that annual contraction in November 2010 was 4.0%, narrower than October’s 4.5% contraction, and May’s post-World War II record annual decline of 7.9%.

The signal for a downturn or an intensified downturn is generated when annual growth in real M3 first turns negative in a given cycle; the signal is not dependent on the depth of the downturn or its duration.  The current downturn signal was generated in December 2009.  The broad economy tends to follow in downturn or renewed deterioration roughly six to nine months after the signal, as has appeared to have started in recent months, with flat-to-down nonfarm payrolls, flattening industrial production, and renewed contraction in the already severely-constrained real estate market.  New weakness in a number of series should become evident as annual numbers get locked-in and concurrent seasonally-adjusted series get fully published with updated as "revised" data.  Such eventually will lead to recognition of a double-dip recession.

Broad Economic, Inflation, Systemic and Market Outlooks Have Not Changed.  Reflected in monthly retail sales and PPI reporting, but not yet in CPI reporting, consumer inflation is on the rise.  Mr. Bernanke’s efforts at debasing the U.S. dollar and stimulating inflation have met with some success, already, in terms of a weaker U.S. currency and related increases in dollar-denominated commodity prices, particularly oil.

Currency values and precious metals prices can be volatile, but the long-term weakness in the U.S. dollar and relative purchasing-power-preservation attributes of gold and silver, and the stronger currencies outside the dollar, remain in place.  As with systemic risks in the United States, risks in other areas of the world — such as among the countries using the euro — likely will be addressed by the spending or creation of whatever money is needed (indications of any needed U.S. backing are in place) in order to prevent systemic failure.  Keep in mind that the U.S. remains the proverbial elephant in the bathtub in terms of pending effective sovereign bankruptcies.

The various European crises remain an intermittent foil for the U.S. dollar, pulling market attention away from the unfolding solvency crisis in the United States and a likely move to massive selling against the U.S. currency.  Accordingly, high risk of the early stages of a hyperinflation beginning to unfold by mid-2011 continues.

Rising inflation should become increasingly broad, reflecting an increasingly serious problem in the first-half of 2011.”

http://kingworldnews.com/kingworldnews/KWN_DailyWeb/Entries/2010/12/15_John_Williams_-_Massive_Selling_of_US_Currency_Lies_Ahead.html
w

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #46 on: December 22, 2010, 05:13:33 PM »

Michael Pento:
US Headed Down a Path of Destruction

With gold consolidating and tremendous volatility in bonds King World News interviewed Michael Pento, Senior Economist at Europac.  Regarding the US situation Pento stated, “We had a chance in 2008 to de-leverage as a country, but we chose the easy path which was more debt and more inflation.  The idea that we will ever be able to unwind this leverage without disastrous consequences is completely ridiculous.  I wish I had better news, but unfortunately the central planners on the US side have sent this country down a path of destruction.”

Michael Pento continues:

“In the very short-term the recent rise in real interest rates is putting pressure on the precious metals sector.  The selling of bonds came from an epiphany on the part of investors that we are not going to enter a deflationary cycle, which by the way I always thought was a specious argument.

However, in the longer-term in 2011 I expect the secular bull market in gold and silver to continue because the rise in nominal rates will be less than the increase in the rate of inflation. 

I think the 30 year bull market in bonds has ended and we are now entering a secular bear market in US treasuries.  The US deficit is going to be 10+% of GDP in 2011.  There is no political will to do anything to attenuate debt levels.  Ben Bernanke intimated on 60 Minutes that he is not against constructing QE3, and the inflation signals have started to abound.

The evidence is there if you just take a look at the ISM prices paid component, producer prices or commodity prices, commodity prices being up 20% in the last quarter alone.  The bottom line is that in 2011 the US debt market will be swamped by inflation, supply and solvency concerns.   

Eric, what we continue to see is a transfer of wealth from the middle class to the upper echelon of society thanks to the inflationary policies of the Federal Reserve.  This inflation only benefits those who own a significant amount of assets which can act as a hedge against inflation.  For investors who have the means to protect themselves, I suggest they continue to stockpile their holdings of hard assets.

In the short-term if Europe continues to implode, you will see pressure once again on base metals and energy, but precious metals would be largely immune from that pressure.

People on the US side are not paying attention to the fact that the Indian, Hang Seng and certain European indexes have fallen roughly 10%.  Since the beginning of November, Hong Kong and India are down 8% as an example.  That is because those countries have begun to take steps to combat inflation.  Just imagine how much lower the US stock market returns will be once Bernanke is forced to find his monetary manhood.  When that happens it is going to be a bloodbath in the US.”   

http://kingworldnews.com/kingworldnews/KWN_DailyWeb/Entries/2010/12/17_Michael_Pento_-_US_Headed_Down_a_Path_of_Destruction.html
w

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #47 on: December 22, 2010, 05:48:21 PM »
Here is one of the best explanations I've seen so far that puts it into a clear, concise perspective for you.

http://play.goldmail.com/e9rtyf041ndl
w

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #48 on: December 22, 2010, 05:50:40 PM »
Here is one of the best explanations I've seen so far that puts it into a clear, concise perspective for you.

http://play.goldmail.com/e9rtyf041ndl
w

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #49 on: December 29, 2010, 12:52:53 PM »
whats great is jagsons peddling of financial advice with little to no understanding of finance  ;D classic getbig baby