Author Topic: The most devasting puncher in the history or mankind  (Read 12449 times)

FREAKgeek

• Getbig V
  • Fan of the Golden Era
Re: The most devasting puncher in the history or mankind
« Reply #25 on: September 21, 2010, 07:06:15 AM »
Sure it does. I don't care if it draws from your ass. If you think Fedor is as hard a hitter as Tyson you need to get your eyes checked.

Look, Fedor's striking derives from an established discipline with a successful history, and is technical in regard to that discipline.
He's mastered the sambo casting punch like no other and is a 4-time world champion - far from a sloppy bar brawler.

OK?

Flexb

• Getbig IV
  • word
« Reply #26 on: September 21, 2010, 07:37:40 AM »
Look, Fedor's striking derives from an established discipline with a successful history, and is technical in regard to that discipline.
He's mastered the sambo casting punch like no other and is a 4-time world champion - far from a sloppy bar brawler.

OK?

granted. Just in comparison to Tyson's ultra crisp and technical punching ability, no MMA fighter compares.

Bad News Brown

• Getbig II
  • How bout 5 cross yo lip?
« Reply #27 on: September 21, 2010, 10:03:16 AM »

UFC who?

The best compilation of Prime Tyson highlights I've seen

I miss those days  :-[

Darren Avey

• Getbig V
« Reply #28 on: September 21, 2010, 10:14:20 AM »
The Hammer is an idiot - Tyson would have had fun with Tua it would nt have been close, but the hardest puncher ever was Foreman

spinnis

« Reply #29 on: September 21, 2010, 10:26:48 AM »
have you seen Gerald lately , he was an asshole but still feel bad for him

12 rounds and 10 counts are fucking horrible to your brain

"me might just be tired" the commentators are fucking retarded wtf?

FREAKgeek

• Getbig V
  • Fan of the Golden Era
« Reply #30 on: September 21, 2010, 10:46:41 AM »

Purple Aki

• Getbig IV
  • penisory contact with her volvo.
« Reply #31 on: September 21, 2010, 10:55:03 AM »

I feel sorry for Gerald, but he was a horrible cunt.

Nigel was unstoppable that night (if you ignore the fact that McClellan wrapped his own hands and Nigel getting pushed back into the ring by the commentators.) and definitely one of the hardest men ever to step into the ring.

jaejonna

• Getbig V
  • Head Asian of Getbig
« Reply #32 on: September 21, 2010, 10:57:26 AM »
I can't imagine not feeling bad for someone in that condition, but then again if Floyd was ever made into a human vegetable in the same fashion i would not pity him at all ..
L

Nails

• Getbig V
  • https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jsi5VTzJpPw
« Reply #33 on: September 21, 2010, 10:57:29 AM »
Truth is in a street fight, tyson bare Knuckles would have knocked out anyone on earth at that time, he was way to fast and way to quick for anyone to land a punch first

vic86

• Getbig III
  • bring back the 80`s
« Reply #34 on: September 21, 2010, 01:02:36 PM »

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #35 on: September 21, 2010, 01:07:59 PM »
Some great punches being thrown in the Mike and Laura thread.

Griffith

• Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: September 21, 2010, 01:44:18 PM »
This guy could also hit pretty hard..... :)

che

• Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: September 21, 2010, 01:56:56 PM »
Che, have you read the book "War, baby"? It's all about Benn v McCllellen and the aftermath of the fight - it doesn't paint Gerald in the best light.

Archie Moore's record of 131 ko's deffo puts him in the running.

No I haven't , I know he was an asshole

che

• Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: September 21, 2010, 02:03:19 PM »
  If we're talking punching power and nothing more, then Fedor Emelianenko is probably the hardest puncher ever. Technically, his stand-up sucks, but his raw power is sick.

SUCKMYMUSCLE

::) ::)

che

• Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: September 21, 2010, 02:23:47 PM »

Sad video .
I had a brain injury  and I was in comma for two weeks just like Gerald , once I got better I did everything possible to go back to boxing and  turn PRO (even going to Mexico and South America ) didn't listen to my family or doctors .
Looking back now  I'm so glad  it didn't work out.

Skylge

• Getbig IV
« Reply #40 on: September 21, 2010, 04:27:08 PM »
Tyson at his prime was extremely impressive and capable. But: he also was relatively short and light for a heavy weight. Against today's much taller and heavier champs, he would have had a lot more difficulty fighting his way. Things have changed.

What unfortunately hasn't changed is the fact that in 2010 these heavyweight "champs" still fight very few fights per year. Sometimes once or twice every 12 months. Such a shame. K1 heavyweight champs have to fight THREE fights in one evening to win a Best-of-eight tournament. Heavyweights that fight so rarely are not worth the title of "Champ" imo. They seem to avoid fighting?

(I also think there are several tall and big K1 and MMA athletes that could mean trouble for Klitschko. Alas they will never meet each other in a boxing-rules fight).

Flexb

• Getbig IV
  • word
« Reply #41 on: September 21, 2010, 04:39:23 PM »
Tyson at his prime was extremely impressive and capable. But: he also was relatively short and light for a heavy weight. Against today's much taller and heavier champs, he would have had a lot more difficulty fighting his way. Things have changed.

What unfortunately hasn't changed is the fact that in 2010 these heavyweight "champs" still fight very few fights per year. Sometimes once or twice every 12 months. Such a shame. K1 heavyweight champs have to fight THREE fights in one evening to win a Best-of-eight tournament. Heavyweights that fight so rarely are not worth the title of "Champ" imo. They seem to avoid fighting?

(I also think there are several tall and big K1 and MMA athletes that could mean trouble for Klitschko. Alas they will never meet each other in a boxing-rules fight).

Today's heavyweights are a joke. Tyson would have KO'd Klit within 3 rounds. Tyson fought several very tall heavyweights and rarely fought someone who was close to his shortness.

James Blunt

• Getbig IV
« Reply #42 on: September 21, 2010, 05:49:33 PM »
granted. Just in comparison to Tyson's ultra crisp and technical punching ability, no MMA fighter compares.
Have you ever even watched Fedor? Have you watched his brother Aleksander? You seem to speak like you don't know what you're talking about.

Flexb

• Getbig IV
  • word
« Reply #43 on: September 21, 2010, 06:00:28 PM »
Have you ever even watched Fedor? Have you watched his brother Aleksander? You seem to speak like you don't know what you're talking about.

I've seen Fedor fight about 5-4 times and enough to know he's not in Tyson's league when speaking of punching power or technique. Only a moron or MMA fan boy would think so. Which are you?

che

• Getbig V
« Reply #44 on: September 21, 2010, 06:09:11 PM »

Chuck Liddell punches harder than Fedor .
                                                                      Hope this helps .

slacker

• Getbig V
« Reply #45 on: September 21, 2010, 08:36:04 PM »
slacker    barnone
I

#1 Klaus fan

• Getbig V
« Reply #46 on: September 21, 2010, 08:48:53 PM »

I'm not a boxing expert, but what I have seen of Tyson, he always struggled with opponents who were considerably taller than him. True.

slacker

• Getbig V
« Reply #47 on: September 21, 2010, 08:50:00 PM »
I'm not a boxing expert, but what I have seen of Tyson, he always struggled with opponents who were considerably taller than him. True.
punching up takes away power unless its an uppercut     
I

MP

• Getbig IV
  • Heavy metal. The only way.
« Reply #48 on: September 21, 2010, 09:31:25 PM »
Kind of a naive question, but what is it about aging the makes someone of Tyson's caliber less lethal in his older years?

Is it mainly a degradation of speed, power, endurance or aggression/motivation? Or is it a combo of everything?

James Blunt

• Getbig IV
« Reply #49 on: September 21, 2010, 09:32:31 PM »
I've seen Fedor fight about 5-4 times and enough to know he's not in Tyson's league when speaking of punching power or technique. Only a moron or MMA fan boy would think so. Which are you?
You've seen him fight? 5 or 4 times? Watch him training boxing the guy is a technical specimen. If you don;t think so you're a fucking retard.